View Full Version : ...

al_faaris574
12-24-2006, 11:37 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al_faaris574
12-24-2006, 02:53 PM

Bittersteel
12-24-2006, 03:06 PM
that part of the world...i feel extremely sorry for.

Umm Safiya
12-24-2006, 03:09 PM
:sl:

May ALlâh give victory to the UIC!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AHMED_GUREY
12-24-2006, 03:19 PM
http://www.somalinet.com/news/world/Somalia/6118

Ethiopian tanks crushed
http://www.midowgamaxkamadaha.com/

Fighterplane shot and burned to the ground residents say

this Secular Somali Government has officially put the last nail on it's own coffin any support they might have had from some corners is gone

Trumble
12-24-2006, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
that part of the world...i feel extremely sorry for.
Likewise.

If there were a few less people seeking 'victory' and rather more seeking 'peace', it would be a much happier place.

AHMED_GUREY
12-24-2006, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Likewise.

If there were a few less people seeking 'victory' and rather more seeking 'peace', it would be a much happier place.
what if it's impossible to have peace without a Victory?

what if you have a US who's allergic to anything Islamic to the point it's starts supporting a neighbouring dictator who's trying to divert the international community's attention away from it's own humanrights violations on it's own people by invading a country wich is still recovering?

Trumble
12-24-2006, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
what if it's impossible to have peace without a Victory?
At that point I would just give up on mankind altogether. The consequences of that are just too depressing.

It is never 'impossible' for people to stop killing and start talking.

Woodrow
12-24-2006, 04:18 PM
May these trials end soon and Peace come to the people of Somalia

Fishman
12-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Ameen.
:w:

Dawud_uk
12-24-2006, 04:38 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

think the site somalinet shows everything wrong with the muslim ummah, chat site, advertising riba based loans and a music event!

still i pray that Allah swt clenses all our hearts and removes this corruption from our ummah and grants victory to the mujahadeen whether in somalia or elsewhere, ameen,

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Ameen to the dua's! May all protect the Muslim Ummah, InshAllah, Ameen.

sister_fatimah
12-24-2006, 10:06 PM

ameen

May Allah give victory to the mujahedeen , ya Raab ameen!!!!!!

Goku
12-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Ameen, may the Islamic courts be victorious, Ameen.

Ethiopia is invading another nation, airstriking its civilians. The Islamic Courts wanted to solve this diplomatically, didnt work, they even gave Eithiopia time to get out of Somalia, Ethiopia didnt. Clearly Ethiopia needs to be driven out of Somalia as it is bent on destroying lives after peace began to prevail. I hope the Islamic Courts gets help from Eritrea and neighbouring Muslim nations to free its land and protect its people from the Ethipian invaders. May peace be restored soon, Ameen.

Kittygyal
12-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu

Amin Thumma Amin ya Rabil Alameen :'(

Ma'assalama

netprince
12-24-2006, 11:02 PM
May Allah(SWT) guide the whole of humanity back to the way of truth and peace.

I just find it amazing how a nation which has suffered so much in the way of poverty and starvation suddenly has the money to waste on war. War is never cheap, fighter jets dont come free, missiles dont come free.... where has the weaponry come from? Whose benefitting from these pointless wars?

Woodrow
12-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Good Question. The entire Gross Income of Ethipia would not be enough to buy a decent rifle, much less aircraft. I doubt if any Air Craft Manufacturers are accepting IOUs or post dated checks.

SilentObserver
12-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Somalia has a government in place. Why do people here support the idea of rebels opposing that government, continuing a civil war, and the suffering of the people?

BTW Woodrow, perhaps this thread should be merged with 'Somalia Milita Seeks Foreign Fighters' thread?

Umar001
12-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Just my little piece of information.

Incase people didn't know I am Eritrean, kind of, well my family is, they are also Christian too, but they dislike the Ethiopian Goverment, they always tell me how the Ethiopian Goverment is always helped out by 'western' countries, for example, the problem over the border and other incidents, anyhow, my family always always emphesises the USA's help of Ethiopia, which I find interesting.

Dahir
12-25-2006, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Just my little piece of information.

Incase people didn't know I am Eritrean, kind of, well my family is, they are also Christian too, but they dislike the Ethiopian Goverment, they always tell me how the Ethiopian Goverment is always helped out by 'western' countries, for example, the problem over the border and other incidents, anyhow, my family always always emphesises the USA's help of Ethiopia, which I find interesting.
Ethiopia is at great strategic geographic advantage to suppress and monitor all countries around it. If the Sudan was acting up, the US would send Ethiopia after them, same with Somalia and all surrounding nations. And for that, the US has been both thankful and supporting of Ethiopia's services.

Eritrea, although half Christian, is ruled by Muslims, the same way that Ethiopia, although half Muslim, is controlled by Christians. And in that structure, Eritrea has always sought help from Middle Eastern nations and their Soviet/Eastern Bloc allies. Not to mention that Eritrea was always willing to offer port assistance to Arab boats whereas Ethiopia was always stingy in giving port assitance to Arabs because of the millenia-old rivalry the two civilizations share.

Just a little background information. :D

Umar001
12-25-2006, 01:50 AM
Hey, Eritrea is run by a clean shaven Christian, I mean eritrea from what I know has a history of Muslim Fighters who fought for indipendance and all that stuff but the Muslims I know from there are hardly fine examples of Islam.

Dahir
12-25-2006, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Hey, Eritrea is run by a clean shaven Christian, I mean eritrea from what I know has a history of Muslim Fighters who fought for indipendance and all that stuff but the Muslims I know from there are hardly fine examples of Islam.
What I meant was that most Eritreans are in favor of support to Muslims and are usually friendlier towards Muslims than Christians. And the independence of Eritrea was supported almost entirely by Muslim nations.

AvarAllahNoor
12-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Guess whose funding this new war? Yup i'm sure you all can guess. - Great, we'll have more refugees here!!

Durrah
12-25-2006, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
Somalia has a government in place. Why do people here support the idea of rebels opposing that government, continuing a civil war, and the suffering of the people?
When you say goverment, who are you refering to?

If your talking about the Transitional Federal 'Goverment' (TFG), then they're not legit. They werent elected or supported by the people of somalia (just some of their clan members who'd directly benifit from them in power). They're were propped up outside of somalia and handpicked by Ethopia etc... Infact, the high members if TFG are actually former warlords (some are still warlords!). They're nothing more then criminal in suits and if you think that people should some how accept them, then your mistaken. The people of somalia have a right to choose who govern the country and almost everyone supports the union of islamic courts.

Also, the TFG actually allowed warlords to run riot in somalia and for many years warlords and those who supported them killed thousands upon thousands of innocent people, raped many women, looted people's businesses, forced people out from their homes and lands and the union of islamic courts threw them (the warlords) out and put a stop to all the corruption and murder within the city. The fact is, in the last 16 or so years, somalia, especially Mogdishuo has never had it better then it has with the union of islamic courts. And any so-called goverment which allines itself with Ethipioa is doomed to fail and face hatred and anger from the people as Etthiopia (the goverment and miltary) are Somalia's arch nemisies. We've had many wars, their soliders are well known for brutalising and murdering innocent somalis in the towns they occupy and Ethiopia have generally always had one thing in mind and thats to control Somalia and effective move the borders! They already occupy parts of Somalia thanks to Britian (who after colonisation gave the somali region of Ogden to Ethoipa).

Ethiopia started this war and always have in all the wars we've had! Somalis have only ever fought back in defence of their people, country, land and religion which Ethipioa for many centuries has attacked and tried to take over. This war will not end till Ethoipia pull back and take their soliders and selves out of somalia and any 'goverment' who supports Ethipoia like the TFG will never propsper or be accepted by the somali people- they'd rather die then ever be ruled by ethipioan handpicked goverments!

p.s right now as i speak, in the somali occupied terriotires, somalis are being rounded up been ethipoian troops and put into jail so far in the areas of Jigjiga (sp?). Upto 400 somalis have been thrown into jail. Why? because they had a street protest regarding the airstrikes in somalia by the ethipiaons. Ethipians didnt like that and have started throwing vocal dissendents into jail. And no, theres no news report about this, my grandmother and aunt told us when we spoke to them today. It happened in their town (my mum and her family are from the occupied terrioties). Its not suprising as thousands of Ethipioans in Ethiopia were either jailed, beaten or killed when they protested against Meles Zenawi (PM) election which was widely believed to be a rigged and corrupt election.

Dawud_uk
12-25-2006, 06:38 PM
assalaamu alaykum sister durrah,

well put. i think the ummah has had quite enough of self appointed experts telling us how we should run our affairs.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Durrah
12-25-2006, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum sister durrah,

well put. i think the ummah has had quite enough of self appointed experts telling us how we should run our affairs.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

You know what cracks me up? How some now start talking about somalia as if they're experts and know everything about somalia, when in fact all they know is what they've seen in the news (i bet those supporting ethiopia- mainly non muslims, havent even seen/met a somali person, let along its history, its people, its culture etc..).

I swear some folk wouldnt know where somalia is on a map (named or an unamed map) but yet they start sprouting out on what they think should happen in somalia, who should run it, how it should be run as if it affects them anyways!

Walahi, if whats happened back home has taught me anything, its how proganda works in the media. Some of the things being propgated on the news is a joke not to mention the blatant mistranslations/interpretations on whats being said in somali into english! Obviously non somalis can only rely on the english translation being provided, but i dont need to as i speak somali and its shocking bro.

I mean i can say: "a cat sat on the mat" in somali and it gets trnaslated into english as: "the cat jumped over the hegde, ran across the road and attacked a mouse along the way!" ^o)

Dawud_uk
12-25-2006, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Durrah

You know what cracks me up? How some know start talking about somalia as if they're experts and know everything about somalia, when in fact all they know is what they've seen in the news.

I swear some folk wouldnt know where somalia is on a map (named or an unamed map) but yet they start sprouting out on what they think should happen in somalia, who should run it, how it should be run as if it affects them anyways!

Walahi, if whats happened back home has taught me anything, its how proganda works in the media. Some of the things being propgated on the news is a joke not to mention the blatant mistranslations/interpretations on whats being said in somali into english! Obviously non somalis can only rely on the english translation being provided, but i dont need to as i speak somali and its shocking bro.

I mean i can say: "a cat sat on the mat" in somali and it gets trnaslated into english as: "the cat jumped over the hegde, ran across the road and attacked a mouse along the way!" ^o)
maybe the islamic courts need to employ an english speaking press spokesman to talk to the media for them and make sure that they are not mistranslated that way as would be speaking directly to them in their own language?

most of the translations from arabic or other muslim languages that are done for the media are actually done by a firm run by a former mosad agent... kinda figures really.

they should employ an english speaking press spokesman, there are literally tens of thousands of good brothers who could do it. it is just a little reorganisation that should insha'allah stop the misrepresentation of the muslims in somalia.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Durrah
12-25-2006, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
maybe the islamic courts need to employ an english speaking press spokesman to talk to the media for them and make sure that they are not mistranslated that way as would be speaking directly to them in their own language?

most of the translations from arabic or other muslim languages that are done for the media are actually done by a firm run by a former mosad agent... kinda figures really.

they should employ an english speaking press spokesman, there are literally tens of thousands of good brothers who could do it. it is just a little reorganisation that should insha'allah stop the misrepresentation of the muslims in somalia.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

I agree that they need to employ english speaking people for the english speaking press. I mean some of the leaders of the UIC speak english (or know english) but they've been little interviews with them on the western news channels and those with al-jazeera have been in arabic.

But yea, i know they do this with every muslim country really. My arab friends told me all the time how channels like BBC, Fox, CNN would blatenly mistranslate what was being said from arabic to english. I guess hits you a little harder when you actually hear and understand it, with your own two ears!

p.s, that'd be a good job for you bro if you still wanted to make hijra there. Translation work and PR :) No joke!

Dawud_uk
12-25-2006, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Durrah

I agree that they need to employ english speaking people for the english speaking press. I mean some of the leaders of the UIC speak english (or know english) but they've been little interviews with them on the western news channels and those with al-jazeera have been in arabic.

But yea, i know they do this with every muslim country really. My arab friends told me all the time how channels like BBC, Fox, CNN would blatenly mistranslate what was being said from arabic to english. I guess hits you a little harder when you actually hear and understand it, with your own two ears!
hmmm maybe i should send them my cv...

Latey
12-25-2006, 10:32 PM
May Allah watch over all somalis - I feel for this haunted people

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Ameen!

Dahir
12-25-2006, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Latey
May Allah watch over all somalis - I feel for this haunted people
This current conflict has actually the least amount of civillian deaths in any African conflict in probably the last 20 years.

In the last few Ethiopian-led raids, less than 5 civillians were killed.

Wars have become more sophisticated and civilized in that region, thank God; but they should work on outlawing war altogether; its become a sport there.

Ninth_Scribe
12-25-2006, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_faaris574

Ethiopian fighter jets bombarded the Somali town of Belet Weyne on Sunday, witnesses said, a sharp escalation in violence that is threatening to engulf the volatile Horn of Africa.
You know, I was beyond furious when I read that! I want a rule made that fighter jets can only be used to protect the borders of the country they belong to, because they're a lethal force... they take out everything, civilians included and they're up against armies who have no sky fighters.

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
12-25-2006, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Good Question. The entire Gross Income of Ethipia would not be enough to buy a decent rifle, much less aircraft. I doubt if any Air Craft Manufacturers are accepting IOUs or post dated checks.
Anyone know the make and model? I thought Ethiopia was supposed to be Christian? That was a pretty rotten Christmas gift!

What ever happened to Tidings of Comfort and Joy?

Ninth Scribe

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-25-2006, 11:31 PM
I think majority is Christian then it has some of other religions.

AvarAllahNoor
12-26-2006, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
You know, I was beyond furious when I read that! I want a rule made that fighter jets can only be used to protect the borders of the country they belong to, because they're a lethal force... they take out everything, civilians included and they're up against armies who have no sky fighters.

Ninth Scribe
Aha, that's where USA are at an advantage my friend! - African continent is already riddled with famine, now they've added war to their list of negatives supported by dubya. - Lord help the demorcrats who win the election in 2008. Well, if it's not not rigged again by the rebublicans....:rollseyes

Dahir
12-26-2006, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Aha, that's where USA are at an advantage my friend! - African continent is already riddled with famine, now they've added war to their list of negatives supported by dubya. - Lord help the demorcrats who win the election in 2008. Well, if it's not not rigged again by the rebublicans....:rollseyes
Its a little strange to me how the world thought Somalia was going to be a proxy battlefield for Western and Islamic interests; but it seems now that the Somalis themselves are using Western (US-backed Ethiopian army) and Islamic interests (Jihadis) as their own proxies to fight the war in their country.

Really strange...:omg:

Woodrow
12-26-2006, 02:07 AM
Poverty is a very motivating force to drive people to extremes, even to the point where there is no logic behind the actions. A person who would never dream of stealing a penny for personal gain will kill to get a slice of bread for his children.

The people in that entire region have been very hungry for a very long time. A person can reach a limit and say anything is better than hunger and the world becomes one of pure survival and everybody is your enemy.

That is my view of Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan and Eritrea.

It is not a question of which country is right it is a question of did we feed any of them when they asked for food?

Zulkiflim
12-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Salaam,

Anyone know how we can send fund to the people of Somalia?
They have been under warlords for the past 16 years,backed by the US.

And now that these warlord are no longer in power to oppress the people,,,the US say the muslim ruling now are the bad ones.

May Allah grant them victory...Inshallah

Dahir
12-26-2006, 03:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Anyone know how we can send fund to the people of Somalia?
They have been under warlords for the past 16 years,backed by the US.

And now that these warlord are no longer in power to oppress the people,,,the US say the muslim ruling now are the bad ones.

May Allah grant them victory...Inshallah
Somalia is split into several locations; each with varying and mixed populations.

The Northwest is middle class and doing well on its own. The Northeast (home of the interim president) is historically the richest region of Somalia. The far South is doing well on its own and is also middle class.

There is one major region in Somalia, and that is the central part, in the western corner that borders Ethiopia's heart. That place is extremely impoverished and is the region that is struck with the many floods and draughts. Lucky for them, there is never conflict in that area. But they don't have a long history or any local economic power; so they suffer as a result of power; power of course, that is gained from war.

Its a very complex story and in the end, few are innocent and neutral, but those who WERE neutral, those I've stated, who lived in the central part of Somalia, bordering Ethiopia; now harbor the transitional government and all its baggage. So very few people are truly innocent and hell is to be paid by all in that nation.

north_malaysian
12-26-2006, 04:01 AM
when was the last time that the Somalians living in peace?

Dahir
12-26-2006, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
when was the last time that the Somalians living in peace?
1969. Fact!

north_malaysian
12-26-2006, 07:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
1969. Fact!
37 years of war then......:cry:

- Qatada -
12-26-2006, 09:44 PM
I see a pattern here, all the threads here lead to personal insults.

Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!