/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam, newbie on board

M for Maliki
12-25-2006, 04:03 AM
Salaam, and Eid Mubarak to all good people.

Name's Zaid. Been bouncing around various islamic sites for awhile now (islamicaweb, sunniforum, among others) as well as a few non religious political discussion sites. Cheers, and good to be here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-25-2006, 04:11 AM
:sl: Akhi,

Welcome to the forum Teach, learn share and enjoy yourself. Hopefully you will like it here and decide to stay. Check out the various sections. Please read the FAQ listing.

We are pretty relaxed here, but we do strive to do our best to be willing servents of Allah(swt)

You will find we have a wide variety of members. They are threads suitable for just about anybody. Those who wish to learn and those who wish to teach. We also have room for those who just come to visit in peace.

:w:

Woodrow

Periwinkle18
12-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Salam bro welcum to the forum hope u enjoy ur stay

Tania
12-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Welcome to the forum:)
You choose the madhab for your name. Are you revert:?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Saifadin_Qutuz
12-25-2006, 02:19 PM
welcome noobi :thankyou:

The Ruler
12-25-2006, 02:23 PM
:sl:

:welcome: to the forums bro...hope you have a great and enjoyable stay here

;w:

Aisha20
12-27-2006, 02:48 AM
:welcome:

M for Maliki
12-27-2006, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Welcome to the forum:)
You choose the madhab for your name. Are you revert:?

Yes, raised Roman Catholic in your typically large anglo/irish german family. Heck even the town I was born in was named after a catholic saint :D

And yes, my handle was taken from the Madhhab. Actually, it stems from a few incidents at the mosque. The local Salafi contingent can't stand me because I'm the only revert Muslim in my age group (25) who hasn't hopped on the Salafi bandwagon yet ( I hope they aren't holding their breath). So it's gone from "Salaam Zaid. Have I told you about Al-Albani? Such and such has said that no one knew Hadith until Al-Albani. blah blah blah blah.". "Salaam, Zai....oh wait, it's that maliki":rollseyes Make of that what you will.

M for Maliki
12-27-2006, 05:13 AM
Minor edit, as I can't edit posts yet. The above sentence should read

format_quote Originally Posted by M for Maliki
Yes, raised Roman Catholic in your typically large So it's gone from "Salaam Zaid. Have I told you about Al-Albani? Such and such has said that no one knew Hadith until Al-Albani. blah blah blah blah." to "Salaam, Zai....oh wait, it's that maliki":rollseyes Make of that what you will.

glo
12-27-2006, 05:16 AM
Welcome to LI :)

I am of a German Roman Catholic background myself ... but I became a protestant four years ago.

Hope you have a beneficial stay here.

Peace

M for Maliki
12-27-2006, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Welcome to LI :)

I am of a German Roman Catholic background myself ... but I became a protestant four years ago.

Hope you have a beneficial stay here.

Peace
Wasalaam,

If you don't mind, how'd you go from the RCC to prostestantism?

glo
12-27-2006, 05:34 AM
Wasalaam,

If you don't mind, how'd you go from the RCC to prostestantism?
Thank you for asking. :)

I'm not sure this is a topic for an intro thread.
Also, since it is part of my testimony of faith, it may be seen as 'promoting a religion other than Islam', which is against forum rules ...

Perhaps mods can advise me if and how I should reply to your question. :?

peace

M for Maliki
12-27-2006, 05:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thank you for asking. :)

I'm not sure this is a topic for an intro thread.
Also, since it is part of my testimony of faith, it may be seen as 'promoting a religion other than Islam', which is against forum rules ...

Perhaps mods can advise me if and how I should reply to your question. :?

peace
Post in the comparative religion section, I don't think the mods will care as long as the story is placed in proper context.

M for Maliki
or, failing that, when I get to 50 posts, you can pm it to me :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
:sl: newb i mean bro ;D
Welcome to LI!
Hope you enjoy your stay.
Saw some of ur posts, doin good already :D
Cya round!

~*MaNaL*~
12-27-2006, 06:02 AM
:sl:

:welcome: to the forums bro hope u enjoy ur stay :D:D:D:D:D.

glo
12-27-2006, 06:08 AM
Post in the comparative religion section, I don't think the mods will care as long as the story is placed in proper context.
I need to hear that from the mods, I'm afraid ...
I've received warning for promoting a religion other than Islam before, and don't really want to risk it again ... :rollseyes

or, failing that, when I get to 50 posts, you can pm it to me
Well, I could PM you now ... except you cannot reply to me.

But again ... PMs are checked by the moderators, as far as I know ...

Sorry, I'm having a moment of paranoia!!:X

Tania
12-27-2006, 06:34 AM
And yes, my handle was taken from the Madhhab.
I was sure you are revert:) From all madhabs the Maliki is most accesible for the new muslims. ( when i heard they consider the dog pure i thought the same)

M for Maliki
12-28-2006, 04:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I was sure you are revert:) From all madhabs the Maliki is most accesible for the new muslims. ( when i heard they consider the dog pure i thought the same)
Right now, the most accessible Madhhab for the muslim newbies is that of Imam Shafi'i, which is where I started out. (that is, of course, if Al-Albani & Co. don't snatch you up first). Alot of new reverts head for Shafi'i fiqh thanks to Shaykh Nuh's translation of 'Umdat as-Salik (The Reliance of the Traveler)

I think that the Maliki school is equally accessible thanks to several quality translations of key maliki works (Al-Muwatta, ar-Risala by Ibn Abi Zaid, Bidāyat al-Mujtahid wa Nihāyat al-Muqtaṣid by Ibn Rushd, and of course, the modern reworking of the Guiding Helper by Shaykh Abu Qanit.) Although I will admit most revert muslims who are Maliki are so under the influence of good Shaykh Hamza and Zaid Shakir from Zaytuna (although I do not count myself among those ranks)

Frankly, I grew rather tired with the Shafi'i maddhabs ivory tower legal theories and started shopping around for another maddhab that fit my mindset. I had strong disagreements with several aspects of Hambali and Hanafi fiqh, so I started investigating the fiqh of Imam Malik, and found precisely what I was looking for. I believe the fiqh of Imam Malik is the most fully developed in terms of usability by Muslims living as a minority. I also think that several aspects of Maliki fiqh that Shafi'i jettisoned (Considerations of public interest, the practices of the madinites, etc) are key to Islams advancement over the coming years.

*clink clink*

My two cents.

PS. Dogs aren't strictly "pure" in Maliki fiqh. They only thing we dispute is the validity of the hadith which states that a dish has to be washed if it is licked by a dog.

Sis_ReNa
12-28-2006, 07:02 AM
Salaam, and Eid Mubarak to all good people.

Name's Zaid. Been bouncing around various islamic sites for awhile now (islamicaweb, sunniforum, among others) as well as a few non religious political discussion sites. Cheers, and good to be here.
Salam walkaum wa rahmatuallah wa barkatoh . Eid mubarka welcome to the form i hope you enjoy your stay here and meet some aswome brothers ..

Sis_ReNa
12-28-2006, 07:04 AM
Right now, the most accessible Madhhab for the muslim newbies is that of Imam Shafi'i, which is where I started out. (that is, of course, if Al-Albani & Co. don't snatch you up first). Alot of new reverts head for Shafi'i fiqh thanks to Shaykh Nuh's translation of 'Umdat as-Salik (The Reliance of the Traveler)

I think that the Maliki school is equally accessible thanks to several quality translations of key maliki works (Al-Muwatta, ar-Risala by Ibn Abi Zaid, Bidāyat al-Mujtahid wa Nihāyat al-Muqtaṣid by Ibn Rushd, and of course, the modern reworking of the Guiding Helper by Shaykh Abu Qanit.) Although I will admit most revert muslims who are Maliki are so under the influence of good Shaykh Hamza and Zaid Shakir from Zaytuna (although I do not count myself among those ranks)

Frankly, I grew rather tired with the Shafi'i maddhabs ivory tower legal theories and started shopping around for another maddhab that fit my mindset. I had strong disagreements with several aspects of Hambali and Hanafi fiqh, so I started investigating the fiqh of Imam Malik, and found precisely what I was looking for. I believe the fiqh of Imam Malik is the most fully developed in terms of usability by Muslims living as a minority. I also think that several aspects of Maliki fiqh that Shafi'i jettisoned (Considerations of public interest, the practices of the madinites, etc) are key to Islams advancement over the coming years.

*clink clink*

My two cents.

PS. Dogs aren't strictly "pure" in Maliki fiqh. They only thing we dispute is the validity of the hadith which states that a dish has to be washed if it is licked by a dog.

i know this is my ignorents... but i reead your post .. iam new to islam but i have no clue what your talking about.. i think that is pretty sad that iam that ignoret LOL there is soo many arabic words that not alot of people are going to know expsecally me ..

Pk_#2
12-29-2006, 04:54 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

You think your lost sis, he gotz me confused,

ahh well welcome to the forum brother,

Be good :)

Tania
12-31-2006, 12:42 PM
Imam Malik did not include in Muwatta the hadith regarding the angel will not enter in your house if there is a dog.:) Its the most permissible after me because it allows you to keep him inside of the house:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.