/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What Books of the old Testament do Muslims believe?

D.Y.R#7XTRUST
12-25-2006, 06:32 AM
What Books of the old Testament do Muslims believe? I am just curious in this matter. But also it may prove beneficial to both of us.

Thank You

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
12-25-2006, 04:14 PM
The Books Given to Moses, David and Jesus, I think that's it. Whether they are in the Bible today, that's a different question.

Eesa.

D.Y.R#7XTRUST
12-25-2006, 07:57 PM
What are the name of the books that you believe are truly ispired. Or is the Quran just a whole and not broken up?

Woodrow
12-25-2006, 08:22 PM
In reference to the Bible we do not believe any books remain as they were originaly revealed. Although we do find some true phrases in several of the books. Those phrases also exist in the Qur'an.

Now for the make up of the Qur'an. The literary divisions do not exist in terms of English book divisions.

The Qur'an is a single book. There are divisions that do have rough counter parts in English methodology. the divisions exist for various puposes. One of the divisions is called a Juz that is roughly 1/30 of the Qur'an We strive to read one Juz per day so by the end of each month we have read the entire Qur'an.

Another division is called Surah's, Each Surah was revealed at a different time and covers different facets of Islam, People, events etc. This corresponds roughly with a Chapetr. But differs in the sense that none are seperate from the others and each has some overlap with all of the others.

There are 114 Surahs all of unequal lengths.

The next division is called an Ayyat it is usually a single line, but it can be several lines or even a paragraph.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zulkiflim
12-26-2006, 03:15 AM
Salaam,

The Quran is also called the Criterion.

So what is siad in the Bibble that is inacordance to Quran,then we do not deny.

Like that Propeht Jesus as was born of a female,of virgin birth,made many miracle all with Allah grace.

As the Bible say,,I can by myself do nothing without GOD..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.