/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mangos n stuff between my teeth??

AnonymousPoster
12-25-2006, 10:17 AM
:sl:

how to get rid of the mango 'strings' that stick between my teeth :enough!: brushing doesnt seem 2 get rid of them completely...

there's dental floss... but i dont think i kno how 2 use it properly.. coz it causes me to bleed insted :offended:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
12-25-2006, 10:35 AM

The bad news:

My gums bleed when I floss; should I stop when this happens?

It is quite common for your gums to bleed when you first start flossing. It may be a sign that you have some form of gum disease.;D

The good news:

After a few days of flossing, the bleeding should stop as your gums become healthier. If bleeding persists, consult your dentist.:thumbs_up

How to floss:

How should I floss?

Step 1:
Take about 18 inches (50cm) of floss and loosely wrap most of it around each middle finger (wrapping more around one finger than the other) leaving 2 inches (5cm) of floss in between.

Step 2:

With your thumbs and index fingers holding the floss taut, gently slide it down between your teeth, while being careful not to snap it down on your gums.

Step 3:
Curve the floss around each tooth in a "C" shape and gently move it up and down the sides of each tooth, including under the gumline. Unroll a new section of floss as you move from tooth to tooth.

At first, flossing might feel awkward. But stick with it! With just a little patience and practice, it will begin to feel as natural as brushing your teeth.

Check out the website for pictures!
http://www.oralb.com/learningcenter/...e/cleaning.asp

This thread is funny man ;D

AnonymousPoster
12-25-2006, 10:37 AM
oh cool jazaks sis :D

ps: the site makes flossing look scary :phew

~*~Serene~*~
12-25-2006, 10:41 AM
are you really making a thread about how get mango string out of your teeth? You know there are people in here with really problems and need real counselling, so why are you consuming my time?:enough!:

just kidding i think your thread is funny.

I just suck on the string till it comes out lol.

by the way i was told if your gums bleed when you floss that's not good. mine bleed but i think it's because i don't floss enough.

You know what else i don't like? i don't like popcorn kernels getting stuck in my gums.i try to use my tongue to pick it out:raging:. Sometimes i shove it into my gums more:blind:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
12-25-2006, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulekha
are you really making a thread about how get mango string out of your teeth? You know there are people in here with really problems and need real counselling, so why are you consuming my time?:enough!:

just kidding i think your thread is funny.

I just suck on the string till it comes out lol.

by the way i was told if your gums bleed when you floss that's not good. mine bleed but i think it's because i don't floss enough.

You know what else i don't like? i don't like popcorn kernels getting stuck in my gums.i try to use my tongue to pick it out:raging:. Sometimes i shove it into my gums more:blind:
lol weird thred i kno.. but i thought i'd complain about something.. different.. lol

im pretty sure mine bled coz i pushed the thing too way down till it cut me :offended:..

jazaks 4advise bro :D

Tania
12-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Have you tried to eat matured mango:? They don't have so many strings.

AnonymousPoster
12-25-2006, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Have you tried to eat matured mango:? They don't have so many strings.
lol i think im happy witht he ones i hav... btw u guys all kno wat i mean by 'strings' right.... not cotton threads.. im talkn about those things they call 'fibers' :offended:

Malaikah
12-25-2006, 11:30 AM

Oh btw, have you ever heard of a tooth pick? I'm sure thats easier than taking out the floss!

(yes, I am bringing this thread back on topic)

Tania
12-25-2006, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Oh btw, have you ever heard of a tooth pick?
I don't use floss only toothbrush but its good. The main point is to replace the toothbrush often

AnonymousPoster
12-25-2006, 11:44 AM

Oh btw, have you ever heard of a tooth pick? I'm sure thats easier than taking out the floss!

(yes, I am bringing this thread back on topic)
hmm jazaks.. good idea! shall try that inshalah!

Tania
12-25-2006, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
BTW Merry Christmas, i'm going to feast on some mince pies....
Are you cooking the pies:? or you brought them. After the pies you could eat some fruits like dessert.

Have a nice holiday too:)
Oh btw, have you ever heard of a tooth pick?
I forgot to ask its that small stick which used to pick up the remained foods between the teeth:?

Malaikah
12-25-2006, 11:52 AM
^yep

Tania
12-25-2006, 11:58 AM
^yep
Ohhh i thought at toothbrush when you said first. Now i understand what are you saying.

Sabbir_1
12-25-2006, 12:49 PM
magoes are too sweet, i like them.. only thing i hate os when they get stuck in teeth....

why dont dont u cut them in small pieces and then eat it... thats what i do.

-Shakirah-
12-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Good quality, ripe mangos like Alphanso and Kesar hardly ever have fibres that stick between your teeth. Try those.

Al-Zaara
12-25-2006, 01:52 PM

*ahem* Please, stay on topic. :)

Toothpick helps! :D (For me at least)

The Ruler
12-25-2006, 02:40 PM

why not try an eat in a nicer way by cuttin the mangoes in pieces and eating with a fork...that prevents the thingymajig getting between you teeth...well a bit atleast

Ummu Sufyaan
12-26-2006, 01:03 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.

anon, try using a siwaak. alhamduliah, it is very useful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.