/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Memorsing Quran and Vocab

AnonymousPoster
12-25-2006, 06:43 PM
:sl:

I'm having trouble memorising Quran and vocab.

I seem to get bored after 4-5 verses and just seemed to get bored quickly.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
12-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Try reading the translation with it. That way you understand the power of the verses you're memorising. Additionally, when you are reading, read with intent to learn from the words of the Quran.

soulsociety
12-25-2006, 06:51 PM
...do 1-2 verses a day?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-25-2006, 06:52 PM

Find a Qari that you like, and listen to him and while your listening read the translation. It becomes aloot easier after that once you pick up the tune of the verses. And dont try to learn specific vocabulary. Learn basics, and it will come to you by itself Insha'Allah. I would personally reccommend buying this:

http://islamicbookstore.com/a4088.html

It is excellent, and its the best money you'll spend. You can see the translation of a particular verse while your hearing it, and it auto scrolls. And over time, you will recognize similar words thus enabling you to learn the Quran and the meanings as well Insha'Allah.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
12-25-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm trying to do a lot in a day... basically learn Surah's 83, 82, 81, 80 and 79 and about 10 pages of vocab by Jan 2....

Malaikah
12-26-2006, 01:30 AM

umm can you clarify what you mean by learning the Quran AND the vocab? So I assume you would learn a verse an memorise the meaning of each word at the same time?

I used to do this but I found that I would learn the Quran far to quickly to be able to keep up with learning the meaning of every word... :phew So what I do is learn the meaning of the verse as a whole. So I agree with aamirsaab on this one, read the translation as well inshaallah.

Find a Qari that you like, and listen to him and while your listening read the translation. It becomes aloot easier after that once you pick up the tune of the verses. And dont try to learn specific vocabulary. Learn basics, and it will come to you by itself Insha'Allah.
I totally agree with this. It helps me so much. I listen to the chapter as many times as I need (which is a lot lol) and then when I become very familiar with it I sit down to memorise it, and it becomes to easy alhamdulilah.

I would personally reccommend buying this:

http://islamicbookstore.com/a4088.html

It is excellent, and its the best money you'll spend. You can see the translation of a particular verse while your hearing it, and it auto scrolls. And over time, you will recognize similar words thus enabling you to learn the Quran and the meanings as well Insha'Allah.
My friend has that, it is awesome mashaallah! I don't have one, so what I do instead is just read the translation while listening to it. It helps a lot.

Hope that helps. :)

Al-Hanbali
12-26-2006, 01:42 AM

It would be difficult to memorize like that I suppose, I mean meorizing wrd by wrd translation.

I would recommend to learn the arabic language if you want to do it like that, but as aamirsaab and Malaikah said, memorize a portion and read the translation.

Takumi
12-27-2006, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
I'm trying to do a lot in a day... basically learn Surah's 83, 82, 81, 80 and 79 and about 10 pages of vocab by Jan 2....
Dear brother,

Maybe you should revisit your intention. It is actually the most important step before doing anything.

Once you get your intention straightened out, then prepare for your "class" as you prepare yourself for any special occasion. Wear nice clothing, put some cologne on and sit down calmly. Make dua like this:

"Allahumma 'allimnaa ma yanfa'una wanfa'na bima 'allamtanaa wa zidnaa 'ilman ya kareem"

"Oh Allah, teach us what benefits us and benefit us with what you have taught us and increase us in knowledge oh noble one!"

Arabic vocabulary is easier when you know why and how the word is used. I applaud your effort, masha Allah, but you might be selling yourself short if you're not taking the effort to learn Arabic language.

For example, if you know the language, it's easier for you to differentiate between:

aaminoo and aamanoo.

both have same letters but different signs on the letter meem.

Now, knowing this will make understanding Al Quran easier and will definitely give some excitement to know what your Lord is saying to you.

May Allah make you among ahlul Quran. Ameen.

AnonymousPoster
12-27-2006, 08:36 PM
I've got a word list to memorise, common words from the Quran.

My main issue is Arabic to English, not English to Arabic.

AnonymousPoster
12-28-2006, 07:41 PM

Throat is a bit sore. I did about a page, which is about 2/3rds of surah 83.

My head seemed to get blocked after about 4 - 5 hours.

Miss_sara
12-28-2006, 11:14 PM
What i do is, i learn the first part of a verse and then keep saying it. Keep saying it often in your head during day and night then you will find it easier to move on the next part. I do it this way because its easier for me and hope it becomes easier for you Inshallah.

AnonymousPoster
12-29-2006, 07:51 PM

What is the difference between aaminoo and aamanoo.

and would it be possible to post this vocab list?

JazakAllah khayr

umm-sulaim
12-31-2006, 12:30 PM
walykum salaam wa rahmatullah

aaminoo means beleive! it's a command 'aaminoo bima nazzalt' beleive in that which i have sent down
and aamanoo means they beleived (past) like 'inna alladhina aamanoo' verily those who beleived. wa Allahu a'lam.

wassalaam

H@fiz Aziz
04-29-2007, 12:32 AM
read 1 ayad then with kirat then do another then go repeat back that way ull memorize a whole page

asifqadri
07-02-2020, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousPoster

I'm having trouble memorising Quran and vocab.

I seem to get bored after 4-5 verses and just seemed to get bored quickly.
you should memorize a small part of quran and a rabbiz zidni ilma
buy islamic book

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.