/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do Jews not like Jibreel [Gabriel] (peace be upon him)?

- Qatada -
12-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Why do Jews not like Jibreel [Gabriel] (peace be upon him)?

Why don't they? No insulting please - i just want to know with proof from your
scripture.

Regards.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rav
12-26-2006, 03:36 PM
wait are you asking from jewish scripture, or is there a muslim scripture which says we do not like him?

- Qatada -
12-26-2006, 03:42 PM
I mean from any jewish sources? If not, do you as a jew agree that jews somehow hate Jibreel (peace be upon him.)? I don't want no arguing, but just to get an understanding.

Thanks.

rav
12-26-2006, 03:57 PM
i'm not sure exactly what your talking about, i don't hate the angel gabriel and i do not think judaism in general does not like the angel gabriel.

to tell you the truth, i do not even know muh about the angel gabriel according to judaism, but i do not think he is viewed negativly at all, and of course we do not believe the stories about him told to us by the gospel or quran.

the definition given by the jvl is this:

Gabriel
An angel or archangel from Jewish tradition who is closely associated with the virgin birth in Christianity, and with the revelation of the Quran in Islam.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...e/gloss.html#g

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-27-2006, 04:33 AM
what does Judaism say about Gabriel. Anything at all :)

glo
12-27-2006, 04:56 AM
Here is how different religions view Gabriel (Jibreel), according to wikipedia ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel...e_Hebrew_Bible

- Qatada -
12-27-2006, 11:53 AM
:salamext:

This is what it says in the Qur'an and Sunnah:

When `Abdullah bin Salam [a former jew who later became muslim] heard of the arrival of the Prophet (peace be upon him) in Al-Madinah, he was working on his land. He came to the Prophet and said,

`I am going to ask you about three things which nobody knows except a Prophet;

*What will be the first portent of the Hour

*What will be the first meal taken by the people of Paradise

*Why does a child resemble its father, and why does it resemble its maternal uncle'

Allah's Messenger said, (Jibril has just told me the answers.) `Abdullah said, `He (i.e. Jibril), among all the angels, is the enemy of the Jews.' Allah's Messenger recited the Ayah,

[مَن كَانَ عَدُوًّا لِّجِبْرِيلَ فَإِنَّهُ نَزَّلَهُ عَلَى قَلْبِكَ] (Qur'an 2:97)

(Whoever is an enemy to Jibril (Gabriel) (let him die in his fury), for indeed he has brought it (this Qur'an) down to your heart).

Allah's Messenger then said,
(The first portent of the Hour will be a fire that will bring together the people from the east to the west;

the first meal of the people of Paradise will be the caudate lobe of the liver of fish.

As for the child resembling his parents: If a man has sexual intercourse with his wife and his discharge is first, the child will resemble the father. If the woman has a discharge first, the child will resemble her side of the family.)

Explanation.

On that `Abdullah bin Salam said, `I testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and you are the Messenger of Allah.'

Tafsir Ibn kathir:
http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=2&tid=2769

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.