/* */

PDA

View Full Version : buying off ebay

limitless
12-26-2006, 12:08 AM
you guys know any tips or guidelines for buying off ebay besides the ones listed on their site and etc. Im trying to buy this psp from there, i havent bidded yet; only 43mins left. should I bid now or wait till 10mins left?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*noor
12-26-2006, 12:10 AM
assalaamu alaikum

look at the sellers ratings and the condition, don't be fooled especially when buying an electronic

you should probably wait till the last five minutes provided you have a fast connection

Musaafirah
12-26-2006, 12:13 AM
:sl:
Extremely important to see what the sellers like..and apparently, it's best to wait till the last minute..especially if the products genuine, coz other peeps also start bidding then and the price gets higher and higher..
just watch the price and see...
:w:

*noor
12-26-2006, 12:14 AM
and another tip, prepare to type in numbers REALLY fast

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
12-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Make Sure The Feedback Levels Is At Least Over 95%...That Means 95% Of Their Sellers Approved Of Them...

Feedback Levels Are Really Useful...And Hope The Bidding Goes Well :D

limitless
12-26-2006, 12:25 AM
YEs, this user or seller has 99.6% thing . Lol this is my first bid! I WANT THAT PSP SO BADLY!! :\ its already at $212 CDN :( and yeah i read stuff too. Is the shipment usually free or not?

lolwatever
12-26-2006, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless
YEs, this user or seller has 99.6% thing . Lol this is my first bid! I WANT THAT PSP SO BADLY!! :\ its already at $212 CDN :( and yeah i read stuff too. Is the shipment usually free or not?
:sl:
nah there's postage most of time... n as sum1 prob alredy sed.. bid on last 2 or so min (or sec if u can :p)
:w:

Woodrow
12-26-2006, 01:15 AM
I used to both buy and sell on ebay. When buying I was a sniper. All of my bids were within the last 10 seconds of the auction end. I had many within the last second. I used to use a stopwatch. Type in my bid and be already to submit and then submit during the last 15 seconds of the auction end. My connection speed used to normaly take 14 seconds to connect the bid. It it was something I really wanted I would do a "Nuke" bid about 30 seconds before auction end.

There are several types of bidders. The high proxy bidders that submit their highest bid at any point. Snipers like myself who try to get in a bid during the last second of the auction. Low ballers-those were bidders that only bid the lowest bid necessary. High Ballers-those are people that submit a rediculously high proxy bid. High ballers are usually shills working for the seller and keep the price high. That is against ebay policy, but it happens.

Then you have nibblers. Sellers love nibblers. They stay on line during the past hour of an auction and increas each bid by one increment at a time. Sometimes you get several nibblers during the last few minutes of an auction and the prices go redicuously high.

The only real secret is to make only one bid. Place the highest bid you are willing to bid and then forget it until after the auction. remember ebay only using the highest amount of your bid that is needed to win. any in excess is never used as part of the bid. It is ebays proxy bid system.

Another good thing to do for newbies is to go to some of the member forums. The "Soapbox" is usualy the best one for newbies in the US. In Australia the "Chinwag" and in the UK "The Round Table"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.