/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mice invasion.

Skillganon
12-26-2006, 06:10 AM
Today while surfing the net I saw a mice in my room (All the way upstairs). It was jumping up and down the door to get out. Finally I manage to get rid of it from my room. last time we had it was more than 15 years, and that was when the house was new. Apparently theirs been recent cases in other houses in the area.

Any suggestion of how to get rid of them critters?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
12-26-2006, 06:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Today while surfing the net I saw a mice in my room (All the way upstairs). It was jumping up and down the door to get out. Finally I manage to get rid of it from my room. last time we had it was more than 15 years, and that was when the house was new. Apparently theirs been recent cases in other houses in the area.

Any suggestion of how to get rid of them critters?
put cheese in your neighbors house.... that way they'll go somewhere else ;D

jkn!!!! :hiding:

Skillganon
12-26-2006, 06:20 AM
I am seriouse. Apparently they are in my neigbours house too.

Malaikah
12-26-2006, 06:27 AM
:sl:

umm mouse trap?

Apparently you can get this thing, I think its either a spray of a sheet, and its sticky and the mice get stuck on it when they walk on it. That sounds evil though. :(

We had a mouse, I think it just went away on it's own though, not sure what happened to it. (EDIT- not a pet mouse, I mean there was a mouse running around our house at one stage...)

Oh and shouldn't there be some kind of poison you can trick them in to eating? :?

You might want to check that these methods are halal before you try any though!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
12-26-2006, 06:27 AM
i have asked this in my local forum...lol

1. Do you know how the mouse moves around...and know exactly where to go....and it went to the same place to find food...eventhough it has poor eye sight...

It is because of its 'pee' smell. So try moping the places everyday...

2. This is a funny...but proven effective...lol. Try catching a mouse using mouse trap. Then spray the mouse body with colour spray...and when he go back to his nest....other mice will run out for their life.

3. Cleanliness is play a major role too...so clean up not only inside the house...but outside too.

4. Have a cat as a pet.

Malaikah
12-26-2006, 06:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
2. This is a funny...but proven effective...lol. Try catching a mouse using mouse trap. Then spray the mouse body with colour spray...and when he go back to his nest....other mice will run out for their life.
:lol: ;D That is so funny lol. But what is he meant to do when all the mice start running around the house? :uuh:

syilla
12-26-2006, 06:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
:lol: ;D That is so funny lol. But what is he meant to do when all the mice start running around the house? :uuh:
yeah imagine that...

i guess we have to get ready with a stick or something.:exhausted

Skillganon
12-26-2006, 06:41 AM
i have asked this in my local forum...lol

1. Do you know how the mouse moves around...and know exactly where to go....and it went to the same place to find food...eventhough it has poor eye sight...
Ok

It is because of its 'pee' smell. So try moping the places everyday...
WHo's pee?

I don't think they have a nest in my house. They are coming from the outside somehow.

3. Cleanliness is play a major role too...so clean up not only inside the house...but outside too.
My house is clean. I just hoovered my room again top after I got rid of the mouse from my room. It's roaming the rest of the house now. I can't deal with it until next day.

4. Have a cat as a pet.
What kind of house cat will you suggest?

I was thinking of a chinese cat because they eat anything that moves. LOL.

(I apologies in advance if I offended anyone). Although the Malay one's are not to bad.

muslimaprincess
12-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Try the yellow pages nad find some MOUSE BUSTERS:D :D I did that when i saw a rat in my yard.....there good they know exacty where to put the poisionous pellets and you don't have to do a thing......except cough up some money

sapphire
12-26-2006, 06:07 PM
oh nooooooo!! miceeeeeeee!!!!! call the council to give u mice poison....get mice killer poison, get a mouse trap get moth balls apparently mice are scared of them.....fill a bucket with water and put sesame on the top(so they float) and stick some plank or something tht leads frm the floor to the bucket...the mouse will think its filled with sesame seeds climb the plank and jump in and drown...thts kinda cruel tho n ive never tried it...was just an idea my bro in law gave me:X

ermm block up all the holes around ur house and check to see if there is any holes around ur airing cupboard if u have one....mice mostly follow pipelines.......nope im not a mice expert im just scared off them like anything n they seem to get into our house through ventilation which we cant seem to have blocked up because its in the kitchen.......

another alternative is to just chase it round a room woth a stick...but thts best done once its drugged up and sloowww!

Good luck! :thumbs_up hope u get rid of it!! Alhamdulillah we got rid of the ones tht came to our house n they seem to be gone now and Inshallah it stays tht way....

Woodrow
12-26-2006, 06:20 PM
If this is a very sudden occurance and is affecting several houses. There most likely is new construction or land clearing going on nearby. They have most likely been dislocated and are just seeking a safe place to live.

If that is the case those sonic plug-in rodent chasers will work and within a few days all of them will have left the house. But you will need at least one for each room. Do not make the error of putting them into all of the rooms at the same time as that will not leave them an eascape route. start with one room and then each day add one to an adjacent room, continue until you have one in each room.

(Do not use this method if you have pet mice, gerbils, squirrills, Mongoose, hamsters, ferrets, or bats.)

Muezzin
12-26-2006, 11:29 PM
i2. This is a funny...but proven effective...lol. Try catching a mouse using mouse trap. Then spray the mouse body with colour spray...and when he go back to his nest....other mice will run out for their life.
Eh? Mouse traps kill them. They're not going to run back to their nest in that condition. Unless of course you mean trap the mouse using some other method.

- Qatada -
12-26-2006, 11:35 PM
:salamext:
What Ruling on killing mice and rats, and a comment on the character Mickey Mouse

Question:

What Ruling on killing mice and rats ?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with killing mice and rats, because ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) narrated that Hafsah said: the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“There are five animals for which there is no blame on the one who kills them: crows, kites (hawk-like birds), mice/rats, scorpions and mad dogs.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1828. (Translators’ note: the Arabic word fa’rah may refer to rats or mice, so both are mentioned in the translation).

Al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad said: I heard ‘Aa’ishah, the wife of the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say:
“There are four things which are faasiq (corrupt) and may be killed at all times, whether one is in a state of ihraam [for Hajj and ‘Umrah] or not: kites, crows, mice/rats and mad dogs.” Narrated by Muslim, 1198.

Mice and rats are harmful creatures, as the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained:

Ibn ‘Abbaas said: a mouse (or rat) came and started dragging the wick (of the lamp). It threw it in front of the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), onto the mat on which he was sitting, and it burnt a hole the size of a dirham. He said, “When you go to sleep, extinguish your lamps, for the Shaytaan will tell creatures like this to do something like this so that you will be burned.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 5427.

The mice or rats that may live in people’s houses are among the harmful creatures or vermin (fuwaysiqah) which the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to kill in all situations, whether we are in ihraam or not. The root of the word fuwaysiqah (fasaqa) means to deviate from the right way and to do harm; hence a sinner is described as “faasiq”, and these animals are called fawaasiq, as a metaphor for their evil nature; or it was said that it is because it is not haraam to kill them, whether one is in ihraam or not, for they have no sanctity or protection in any circumstances.

Al-Tahaawi narrated in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan with his isnaad from Yazeed ibn Abu Nu’aym that he [Yazeed] asked Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri why mice/rats were called fuwaysiqah. He said: the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) woke up one night and saw that a mouse/rat had taken the wick of the lamp to burn down the house of the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so he got up and killed it, and said that it was permissible to kill them whether one is in ihraam or not.

This was mentioned by al-‘Allaamah al-Dumayri.

Al-Bukhaari and Muslim narrated in their Saheehs that Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari said: A house in Madeenah burned down with its people inside. When the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard about this, he said:

“This fire is an enemy to you, so when you go to sleep, extinguish it.”

Al-Bukhaari narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Cover the vessels, for the mouse/rat may drag out the wick (of the lamp) and burn the occupants of the house.”

Something similar was narrated by Muslim, in which he says: “For the fuwaysiqah may start a fire and burn the house and its occupants.”
Al-Tabari said, explaining these ahaadeeth: if a person wants to spend the night in a house in which there is no one else, and in which there is a fire or a lamp, it is a duty on him to extinguish it before he sleeps… The hadeeth was narrated by al-Haakim; he said its isnaad is saheeh.

(From ‘Awn al-Ma’bood Sharh Abi Dawood).

Now that we know Islam calls mice and rats fuwaysiqah (evil) and allows us to kill them even in Makkah, and that they are a means which the Shaytaan tried to use to burn down the house of the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and we know that they are one of the main reasons of damaging food and spreading the plague, we find it very strange that the foolish people in the west seek to make their children like mice and rats by propagating the character of Mickey Mouse in games, comics and funfairs. Go figure!!

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...=eng&txt=mouse

Hope you don't mind me putting this in. :)

syilla
12-27-2006, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Eh? Mouse traps kill them. They're not going to run back to their nest in that condition. Unless of course you mean trap the mouse using some other method.
There is another type that does not kill them...

We have it here...but i'm not sure you have it in your place..

its kinda look like a metal cage.

snakelegs
12-27-2006, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
If this is a very sudden occurance and is affecting several houses. There most likely is new construction or land clearing going on nearby. They have most likely been dislocated and are just seeking a safe place to live.

If that is the case those sonic plug-in rodent chasers will work and within a few days all of them will have left the house. But you will need at least one for each room. Do not make the error of putting them into all of the rooms at the same time as that will not leave them an eascape route. start with one room and then each day add one to an adjacent room, continue until you have one in each room.

(Do not use this method if you have pet mice, gerbils, squirrills, Mongoose, hamsters, ferrets, or bats.)
yes - i've just recently started to use these and so far, it seems to be working very well. of course, i don't put one in the room where i raise mice - they don't go through walls and my own mice seem perfectly fine.
these are a great invention.

snakelegs
12-27-2006, 09:06 AM
There is another type that does not kill them...

We have it here...but i'm not sure you have it in your place..

its kinda look like a metal cage.
i used to use something like this - and then release the mice in someone else's neighbourhood. ;D
the cruelest method of all is poision. it causes the mouse to get very thirsty and go off searching for water - and when he drinks, he dies.
of course, if all else fails, i would set traps, but these electronic thingies that woodrow mentioned are the best yet.

Sweetness
12-27-2006, 08:39 PM
EEYYAAAA!!! Mice!!

They are cute..... from a distance.

Kittygyal
12-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Asslamualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu

Akhi there's Mouse Glue you can buy (dunno thy name), all you have to do is place the glue on some cardboard && put a piece of food little bit && then put it in where ever they come alot && inshallah they will get stuk on the cardboard && you can then throw them away.

i will find out the "glue" name inshallah :)

Ma'assalama

snakelegs
12-27-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
EEYYAAAA!!! Mice!!

They are cute..... from a distance.
i know i'm revealing how crazy i am (won't be the first time), but did you know that rats make very nice pets?

Woodrow
12-28-2006, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i know i'm revealing how crazy i am (won't be the first time), but did you know that rats make very nice pets?
The strange thing is rats are much less likely to bite than hamsters, mice or gerbils. The are quite clean, very friendly, intelligent and very trainable.

When my children were very young I was in school for the thousandth time. One of my courses was comparative psychology, another was theories of learning, and another was Behavior modification. For them I was running rats. (training rats to run mazes etc) so I had a number of hooded rats. We were supposed to euthanize the rats when we finished. I had a large Boa at the time and I talked the professors into letting me take the rats for snake food. With kids in the house, it took about 3 seconds for all of the rats to have names and become pets. ended the snake food idea and then I learned that rats will live 3 to 5 years.

I do not know the Islamic ruling on rats, but I would suspect they are haram to have as pets.

Rats and mice are not very closely related. they are very distinct species from seperate families although both are rodents.

Malaikah
12-28-2006, 02:53 AM
Snakelegs and Woodrow, what is wrong if you people, rats are horrific+o( :raging: :offended:

Mice are cute :statisfie (especially albinos)...

That glue method sounds evil, so does the poison. :X

Maybe you should catch them and execute them... so they don't go through much pain?:?

Mawaddah
12-28-2006, 04:30 PM
^ You mean like slaughter them like!? :eek:

'execute' that sounds hilarious ;D

Woodrow
12-28-2006, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Snakelegs and Woodrow, what is wrong if you people, rats are horrific+o( :raging: :offended:

Mice are cute :statisfie (especially albinos)...

That glue method sounds evil, so does the poison. :X

Maybe you should catch them and execute them... so they don't go through much pain?:?
Thanks.

Because of you I am now having nightmares of a mouse size electric chair.

- Qatada -
12-28-2006, 06:54 PM

I can see the headlines;

AL-QAEDA TERRORISTS BEHEAD THE BRITISH MOUSE.

snakelegs
12-29-2006, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

I can see the headlines;

;D ;D ;D

Malaikah
12-29-2006, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Because of you I am now having nightmares of a mouse size electric chair.
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
'execute' that sounds hilarious ;D
:sl:

LOL!!! ;D

Ok ok I meant slaughter. lol

Selising
12-29-2006, 07:06 AM
I always use citronella grass or the scientific name is cymbopogon nardus. (Syilla-serai wangilah!)

use the leaf, put a bunch of it at places where they like to go. it works for my house

syilla
12-29-2006, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Selising
I always use citronella grass or the scientific name is cymbopogon nardus. (Syilla-serai wangilah!)

use the leaf, put a bunch of it at places where they like to go. it works for my house
i never know that.....

i only put it inside the car lol

something new to learn everyday

syilla
02-06-2007, 07:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Selising

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymbopogon

something about the lemon grass...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.