/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of a name

Curious girl2
12-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of a website where I can find out if a particular name is Islamically acceptable please?

My husband and myself recent reverted and whilst I know that my name is ok, I dont know about his. I cant find anything anywhere about it. We need to know if his name is ok. Obviously it isnt an arabic name so will we be able to find out?

Peace CG

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
12-26-2006, 12:53 PM
:sl:

Do you mean about a specific name, or rules in general as to what makes a name unacceptable?

waji
12-26-2006, 01:54 PM
:sl:

i hope this link could help u
2muslims

:w:

rubiesand
12-26-2006, 03:28 PM
What's his name?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Curious girl2
12-26-2006, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand
What's his name?
Thanks all, I've actually found it by looking for the hebrew version and then looking for the arabic translation so I know its ok now. Is it ok if I pm you as I'm looking for the meaning of my childrens names too and I dont feel comfortable posting their names on a forum that is open to the general public to view.

Peace CG

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.