/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about the hadith i found

Sis_ReNa
12-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Salam walakum wa rahmatuAllah wa barkatoh,

i pray this reaches you all in strong deen and iman.
I have recently noticed that there is alot of muslim woman and men that wear gold. gold rings, ear rings and so on. and even silk.. and i found this hadith .. and just woundering if people dont know about it .. or what?

Volume 7, Book 70, Number 553:
Narrated Al-Bara bin Azib:

Allah's Apostle ordered us to do seven things and forbade us to do seven other things. He forbade us to wear gold rings, silk, Dibaj, Istabriq, Qissy, and Maithara; and ordered us to accompany funeral processions, visit the sick and greet everybody. (See Hadith No. 104)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Israfil
12-26-2006, 03:39 PM
That hadith is being referred to MEN only.

Sis_ReNa
12-26-2006, 03:44 PM
it dosnt say that?

aqonsi
12-26-2006, 03:49 PM
yes its for men.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sis_ReNa
12-26-2006, 03:52 PM
but the hadith dosnt say that its for men only and in the book it dosnt say its for men eaither.. it says that we shouldnt do this as a genral statment .. if it was for MEN only then wouldnt say men shouldnt do this?

Nawal89
12-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Abu Moosa (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Gold and silk have been permitted for the females of my ummah and forbidden for the males.”
That hadeeth is in bukhari and muslim i think.

Also :Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) took a piece of silk in his right hand and a piece of gold in his left, held them aloft and said: “These are haraam for the males of my ummah and permitted for the females.”
Ibn Majah

Hope that helps.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-27-2006, 04:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis_ReNa
Salam walakum wa rahmatuAllah wa barkatoh,

i pray this reaches you all in strong deen and iman.
I have recently noticed that there is alot of muslim woman and men that wear gold. gold rings, ear rings and so on. and even silk.. and i found this hadith .. and just woundering if people dont know about it .. or what?

Allah's Apostle ordered us to do seven things and forbade us to do seven other things. He forbade us to wear gold rings, silk, Dibaj, Istabriq, Qissy, and Maithara; and ordered us to accompany funeral processions, visit the sick and greet everybody. (See Hadith No. 104)
:sl: sis. what book did you get this from? like bukhari etc.
:w:

Sis_ReNa
01-07-2007, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
:sl: sis. what book did you get this from? like bukhari etc.

Umar001
01-08-2007, 10:24 PM
This is the beauty of the Muhaditheen, whilst we find sole ahadeeth on a subject and might derive an inconclusive descion they having encompassed many more ahadeeth on a subject can clarify matters.

I believe the person above explained it.

Although there are some who hold the view that women should not wear gold, but from my understanding that has been refuted.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
there are other narrations which clarify that the hadith is relating to men only, dont just take one narration look at whats around it inshaAllaah.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-11-2007, 02:06 AM
:sl: jazakallahu khair.
:sl:

Sis_ReNa
05-14-2007, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
Abu Moosa (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Gold and silk have been permitted for the females of my ummah and forbidden for the males.”
That hadeeth is in bukhari and muslim i think.

Also :Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) took a piece of silk in his right hand and a piece of gold in his left, held them aloft and said: “These are haraam for the males of my ummah and permitted for the females.”
Ibn Majah

Hope that helps.

salam walkaum wa rahmatuAllah wa barkatoh,
where can i find theses?
barakAllahu feek for letting me know and i have checked the hadith around this hadith and there is nothing that says that its ment for just men.. but i figure Islam is very clear... so any who..

Musalmaan
05-15-2007, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
there are other narrations which clarify that the hadith is relating to men only, dont just take one narration look at whats around it inshaAllaah.
absolutely, very imp. for our imaan and islam. It is best to refer an authentic scholar who know the matter completely with all the evidences related to it, or issue a fatwa acc. to pious predecessor (mujtahid) who had studied the matter deeply.

Sis_ReNa
05-15-2007, 12:52 PM
salam walkaum wa rhamatuAllah wabarkaoth,
I do go for authentic hadiths .... subhanAllah, and i dont just take peoples word unless i have been able to trust them which i have yet to find. But the one GREAT thing about islam is there is proof , so there is no reason to follow blindly... so i dont know if your implying that the hadith i found is not ethnic please let me know and be clear ...
barakAllahu feek
Zakirah

IbnAbdulHakim
05-15-2007, 01:25 PM
salam walkaum wa rhamatuAllah wabarkaoth,
I do go for authentic hadiths .... subhanAllah, and i dont just take peoples word unless i have been able to trust them which i have yet to find. But the one GREAT thing about islam is there is proof , so there is no reason to follow blindly... so i dont know if your implying that the hadith i found is not ethnic please let me know and be clear ...
barakAllahu feek
Zakirah
assalamu alaikum sis

bros saying that its blind to just follow the hadith thinking you've understood it because the hadith could be abrogated, or there maybe another hadith which explains something further etcetera.

for example in this case it appears that gold is forbidden however later on you will find in other ahadeeth that its permissable for women but the thing is it gets so deep in fiqh etc at times.

so you see its best to go to the top mujtahids for answers instead of reading a hadith and trying to derive the answer yourself from that.

i hope i was clear sis inshaAllah

may Allah forgive any errors on my part

Balthasar21
05-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Hadiyth -- 4 ; 42 , 4 ; 78 , 4 ; 140 , 6 ; 68 , 12 ; 6 , 51 ; 26 , 68 ; 44 ,

Hadiyth comes from the word Hadatha meaning '' Existence , Began To Be ; Had A Beginning , Began , Or originated , Existed Newly For The First Time , '' Its plural is '' Ahaadiyth . Ahaadiyth are supposedly records of actions utterances and customs of The Prophet Muhammad ; Any action done in his presence and the presence of his companions .

As The Koran didn't give details on certain practical matters , The faithful , The followers of Muhammad , Relied on the example of Muhammad , Thus , When confronted with a dituation in which a certain decision was necessary . Men would relate what The Prophet Muhammad did in the same or similar case .

The most reliable Narrator's account would be accepted . As time went on , Many such Narrations were collected and written down by several writers ; Hence . Fothforming patterns for future generations . However , Unscrupulous men , Seeking to advance their own ideas and cause disunity in the communities , Also produced their own versions of Hadiyth .

It became necessary to record The Ahaadiyth according to the transmitter . The authenticity of transmission became as entirely separate subject and even in this . There were still many disagreements . In all the Hadiyth has caused much section in Islaam , And the Koran itself even states '' Not To Form Into Sects , ( Koran 6 ; 159 ) And The Koran Is The Best Hadiyth , ( Koran 4 ; 87 ) .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.