/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please make hijabs more popular.

aminahshijabs
07-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Salam Alakum!!!

I want to make a point on e-bay. We hear all these things that get popular because it was on e-bay. Well lets see if we can make hijabs popular.

I have found that if enough people watch an item that it can be put in a special place in e-bay. What I would like to do is have everyones help in make my beautiful pink hijab the talk of the e-bay. I don't expect anyone to bid on it, just put it on your watch items in your ebay account.

Please help me here is a link to the item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=5594984624%20

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nakisai
07-02-2005, 09:44 PM
why would we want to ?

aminahshijabs
07-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Just an idea. I thought that it would be neat. It maybe able to teach others about islam. Some new reverts don't know where to look to get hijabs. :sister:

Nakisai
07-02-2005, 09:55 PM
but some non musilm will wear it in ways that are not Hala

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aminahshijabs
07-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Letting people know where a hijab can be found will not make it make unislamic. It may make it easier for some women to wear a hijab, because it is more popular.

Nakisai
07-02-2005, 10:27 PM
I think that's a unilamic way of getting people to learn. because we ar not like nike or guess .

aminahshijabs
07-02-2005, 10:34 PM
It is better then what the media makes us look now. I would rather a person think of a pretty hijab when they think of Islam and not a gun.

Nakisai
07-02-2005, 10:45 PM
its a good idea but the hijads stand for more than a pretty thing its who we are.

Muezzin
07-09-2005, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nakisai
I think that's a unilamic way of getting people to learn. because we ar not like nike or guess .
That makes me wonder, what's the standpoint on headscarves by Calvin Klein and the like?

Z
07-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

I don't have an eBay account myself, but I will try and see if I can get others who have to do so.

aminahshijabs
07-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Thank You!!! :)

zuber12
07-25-2005, 02:06 PM
slmz all it seems to me someone is trying out a little advertising?may i be wrong.

TEH
07-25-2005, 11:47 PM
If she is advertising her hijaabs, good for her, no???

:D

root
07-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Aye, nothing wrong with free market advertising......

sena
07-27-2005, 07:22 PM
yes nothing wrong, good for her.. :)

Muezzin
07-27-2005, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Aye, nothing wrong with free market advertising......
Crikey root, it's a shock to see you in this thread! :p :D

minaz
07-27-2005, 07:53 PM
I aint into fashion models, but a few months ago I saw the D&G exhibition in Milan on CNN, one collection had a headscarf with a funky cap underneath. So who knows maybe it may catch on, then again maybe not in this present political climate

NooralHaya
07-27-2005, 08:04 PM
mm.. girls already wear kufis.. in accordance to western fashion *shudders*

TEH
07-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Whats a kuffi???

NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 01:15 AM
kufi.. what do you call it?
the [usually] knitted cap brothers wear

TEH
07-28-2005, 01:19 AM
ohhhhhhhh, a topi....

I dont wear one anyway...

NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 01:20 AM
ah topi.. i knew there was something else people called it. what language is that ? and why dontchu wear one?

TEH
07-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Its Urdu, and why do I have to wear one???

:)

NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 01:26 AM
some people feel that its vital to only cover the head while making salah, but a lot of brothers [around my area] cover their head even when theyre not praying because the prophet would usually wear a kufi, or mostly a turban. so to follow that sunnah they always cover their head.

http://www.allaahuakbar.net/importan...bearheaded.htm

TEH
07-28-2005, 01:29 AM
It just isnt concrete enough for me, I have teachers, quite knowledgable, and yes most of them wear it, but some dont, and hey im not bashing the sunnah here, its just how I feel, and besides, it doesnt help my situation...

NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 01:30 AM
whatever works for you akh. i dont read much into that, i dont need to own a kufi

TEH
07-28-2005, 01:38 AM
Really? Well here you see, I find that its kinda easier for me to give Dawah without a kufi on, it just makes the people more comfortable...

and, OMG, you dont wear a kufi????????????????? Whatever will your fiance say....

NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 03:19 AM
shut up, my fiance wears one haha. check out the lil brother icon under GENDER, hes wearing a kufi too =) mashaAllah.

thats interesting though.. a brother who used to go to my school did da'wah A LOT after he started wearing a kufi and a thowbe to school mashaAllah. people never took interest before because they didnt think he was into religion or something? also the niqaabi sisters in my school are bombarded with questions regarding islam compared to the other sisters who just wear hijab.

TEH
07-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Thats the thing, sometimes dressing in such a way causes interest in ones self to grow, and people get interested like that, but sometimes, people get a bit taken aback by it, and well, my beard attracts them enouigh, a kufi scares them away, anyone ever been on Ghasht???

Niqaabi4Life
07-30-2005, 03:46 AM
Good business move sister.

These hijabs don't seem very modest, maybe for a little kids only.

As for CK hijabs and the like, this is just my personal opinion, I find them revolting. I mean seriously are to be branded like cattle? Not to mention CK and the like usually donate large portions of income to zionists and are normally made it sweat shops. I shudder at the thought...

ummbilal
10-01-2005, 02:40 AM
its good thats hijaabs are available on the internet Allhumdulilah, when i first began practising i resorted to hijaabs from tie rack! they were pretty but not big enough and the fabric kept slipping, Allhumdulilah i've found underscarves and big hijaabs now

Allah reward the sisters who helped me.

i'll take a look at your shop inshaallah, i think i've browsed it before

(yep i have an e bay addiction as well as islamic forums!)

#aFrOgUrL#
10-01-2005, 02:59 AM
Chill sis hijabs r popular around the world lots of muslims wear it so smile :thumbs_up

A SMILE IS A CHARITY :D :D

Evry please smile i'm beggan u guys smile :sister: :brother:

1......... :D
2......... :D
3.......... :D

SO SMILE

THX BROS N SIS

Salah ud Deen
10-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Unfortunatly not many Muslim women in the US wear hijab. At least many of the immigrants. It does seem to me though that many of the revert Muslim women do seem to wear hijab though. I think in many cases some of the children of immigrants want to be Americans and go out drinking and commiting zina at the clubs. It's sad really. Allahu alum.

ilhaam
10-09-2005, 09:15 PM
alhamdulillah good to know that many of our sister are wearing the hijab,ive come across a store online called the hijabshop,masha allah.would like to know any sisters know of a site i could see the niqaabs on? yeah the cover up of the face ;-) trying to get the hang of it!
fee amanillah,was salaam,wrwb

Salema
10-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Are We Allowed To Use Calvin Klein Hijabs..i Have..but People Says That It's Not Available..!

halupalu
10-10-2005, 08:30 PM
its a good idea

beans
10-11-2005, 06:37 PM
hmmm interesting idea, and I have a question, Calvin Klien and other designers make real hijabs? I thought people just used their fabric >.O

muslimah_here
05-17-2006, 02:21 PM
:sl:
I tried visiting this site but I get mesage saying this store is closed.

ALLAHAFIZ.

Snowflake
05-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Pretty hijabs turn as many heads as hijabless ones. Surely the whole purpose of it is not to draw attention to one's self. I'll stick to my plain black boring one thank you. :D

Ummah
05-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Asalaamualaikum

i may have missed a post somewhere informing us of this already so sorry in advance but..

when i click the link it states invalid item.

Skillganon
05-21-2006, 12:57 AM
The best way to make Hijab popular is if muslim girls start wearing it and be proud, and such other girls and the next generation will follow suit.

Woodrow
05-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Isn't the intent of wearing the Hijab as important as the wearing of it?

I will agree that a Hijab can be beautifull and can enhance a women's inner beauty, without depicting her as an object. I can understand a women's desire to wear a pretty Hijab. But, let us not lose sight of the Hijab's value and true meaning.

There are some Western fashions based on the Hijab, so the Hijab is not as foreign to westerners as it appears they are. Look at the Eastern European Baboushkas, Spanish Mantills and some Western Scarfs. Hijabs can blend in with and influence Western Syles.

NJUSA
05-21-2006, 04:30 AM
Like most Muslim women, I have way too many hijabs. What I need are more suits, casual wear, clothing in general. Loose blouses, long skirts without slits, loose pants, and long jackets aren't too common, especially offline, which is by far the better way to buy a suit.

glo
05-21-2006, 07:05 AM
There are so many different hijabs around. Do they all have different names?

I'm onle familiar with the ones worn most commonly by Pakistani women, but I looked on the web and found many other styles. Even a 'sporting style'! :)

What's your favourite style, sisters?

Blessings. :thankyou:

Woodrow
05-21-2006, 07:36 AM
Here is an online store with many styles. I'm not promoting the store, just showing the available styles

The Hijab Shop - Hijabs Hijaab Hijaabs

A google search for : "Hijabs for sale" will show many more on line stores.

Skillganon
05-21-2006, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Here is an online store with many styles. I'm not promoting the store, just showing the available styles

Yeah they are nice. Pity I am not a women :hiding: . Maybe when I get married I can buy one for my wife.:giggling:

glo
05-21-2006, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Some of those look very pretty!

Umar001
05-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Lol im still stuck on wearing a hijab unislamicly

thats possible?

Sunflower
05-21-2006, 07:42 PM
wearing a hijaab but not properly mayb like seeing hair through scarf coz its see throu or half the hair comin out something like that mayb..

united
05-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Ummm...
Isnt the point of hijab to please Allah. Not as a fashion statement.
Actions are governed by intentions. So is there any point in getting people to wear hijabs because they look "cool"?

Umar001
05-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Oh i seethen it wouldnt be a hijab

i think im jus confused.

Umar001
05-21-2006, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
Ummm...
Isnt the point of hijab to please Allah. Not as a fashion statement.
Actions are governed by intentions. So is there any point in getting people to wear hijabs because they look "cool"?

Yep the intention.

But if people starting thinking Hijab was cool, maybe the Muslim who at the moment find it hard to wear it might feel more comfortable and wear it with the intention to cover themselves but not feel akward.

Woodrow
05-21-2006, 08:06 PM
It is really up to the intent of the wearer. Personaly I think a wise woman would ask others as to what message is being conveyed by her choice. Then if the message is not her intent, she should not choose it.

united
05-21-2006, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Yep the intention.

But if people starting thinking Hijab was cool, maybe the Muslim who at the moment find it hard to wear it might feel more comfortable and wear it with the intention to cover themselves but not feel akward.
I hadnt thought of tha. It may help in countries like France etc.

syilla
05-22-2006, 01:45 AM
we should paste pictures types of hijab all over the world..

and how they wear it...

it would be interesting...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.