/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sayyed Families

AmarFaisal
12-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Assalam-o-alaikum,

I ask for explaination..

Sayyeds r families that associate their lineage to our Prophet Muhammad (SAW). WHy have I only seen Sayyeds in Pakistan,India (Sub-Continent region)...why r there no families claiming to be Sayyeds in the Arabs? Though they r directly associated with the land of the Prophet (SAW).

r today's Sayyeds really Sayyeds?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dawud_uk
12-27-2006, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
Assalam-o-alaikum,

I ask for explaination..

Sayyeds r families that associate their lineage to our Prophet Muhammad (SAW). WHy have I only seen Sayyeds in Pakistan,India (Sub-Continent region)...why r there no families claiming to be Sayyeds in the Arabs? Though they r directly associated with the land of the Prophet (SAW).

r today's Sayyeds really Sayyeds?
assalaamu alaykum,

a lot of persians and turkish soldiers went to india as did some arab soldiers so yes some of them could have been decendents of Muhammad saws.

ok some of these cases in indo-pakistan, probably a majority are not genuine but we shouldnt doubt our brothers and sisters unnecessarily without proof.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

AmarFaisal
12-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Well that wht I know as well...it still doesn't answer another part of the question..has any1 here heard or seen Arab famalies in the Arab world claiming to be Sayyeds or in anyway our Prophet's (SAW) lineage?

Dawud_uk
12-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Well that wht I know as well...it still doesn't answer another part of the question..has any1 here heard or seen Arab famalies in the Arab world claiming to be Sayyeds or in anyway our Prophet's (SAW) lineage?
i heard of a few and met one or two and had no reason to doubt them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-27-2006, 02:46 PM
I was wondering about this myself...

If someone is claiming to be sayyed should be just believe them and they deserve more respect??

muslimah4life
12-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Salaam
im Syed but I dont treat other muslims differently. I do what the quran tells me and follow that

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Do people treat you diffrently, more respect???

Are all sayyed highly pious??:/

sorry if i sound silly.

muslimah4life
12-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Salaam
people dont treat me differently, but some syeds say that we ae better than the non-syeds. Which is a very wrong thing to say.

FBI
12-27-2006, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
I was wondering about this myself...

If someone is claiming to be sayyed should be just believe them and they deserve more respect??
:sl:

Simple answer, no, they should be respected according to their character, no, more no less, in Islam it doesn't matter who your daddy or your family are, for example Prophet noah's son disobeyed him and died a disbeliver.

- Qatada -
12-27-2006, 03:13 PM
:salamext:

I really don't want to attack anyone or any sayyed, but i just want you guys to realise that Abu Lahab was an uncle of the Prophet (peace be upon him) yet he's been mentioned in the Qur'an that he will be in the hellfire. So emaan (faith) is an important factor to take note of aswell.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-27-2006, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

I really don't want to attack anyone or any sayyed, but i just want you guys to realise that Abu Lahab was an uncle of the Prophet (peace be upon him) yet he's been mentioned in the Qur'an that he will be in the hellfire. So emaan (faith) is an important factor to take note of aswell.

Oh yeah, good point made bro.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-27-2006, 03:27 PM
syeds in ma town.. dey r quite respected.. but so r da khanz n d choudhurys :S:S:S its juz a name.. ~_~

AmarFaisal
12-27-2006, 03:30 PM
All points well explained...
let me tell why I raised this question..
my best friend is a sayyedah..all my life I've heard her saying..that..
ppl r very careful before they ask for sayyedah's hands (in marriage) coz they r women from Prophet's families and they have to be treated with g8 dignity.

When it came to her brothers..there would be atleast 20 girls "inspected" before the marriage...which she explained was becoz..they had to choose someone fit to be a sayyed's wife!

I am talking abt Sayeds and Sayyedas who do not practise Islam better than any other common muslim(no hijab, etc)

FBI
12-27-2006, 03:35 PM
All points well explained...
let me tell why I raised this question..
my best friend is a sayyedah..all my life I've heard her saying..that..
ppl r very careful before they ask for sayyedah's hands (in marriage) coz they r women from Prophet's families and they have to be treated with g8 dignity.

When it came to her brothers..there would be atleast 20 girls "inspected" before the marriage...which she explained was becoz..they had to choose someone fit to be a sayyed's wife!

I am talking abt Sayeds and Sayyedas who do not practise Islam better than any other common muslim(no hijab, etc)

Sorry to be blunt but such thinking is stupid, Islam was brought down for eveyone, their is no hierarchy in islam, such thinking goes against what the prophet said in his last sermon, that the best of you is he is the most pious, simple as, not who of you is related to me.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-27-2006, 03:36 PM
some *idiotic??* people rely on a name and not a persons character.. which is quite sad :? ma towns juz full of syedz :-\ not one of them wears a hijab, or is practisin Islam.. :-\

Dawud_uk
12-27-2006, 04:21 PM
EDIT.

there is a syed brother at my wife's friend's school who doesnt pray or fast because he has been told by his family he is above the need to do that and so has fallen into kufr.

MinAhlilHadeeth
12-27-2006, 04:42 PM
No sectarianism please.:) JazakAllah khayr.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-27-2006, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
EDIT.

there is a syed brother at my wife's friend's school who doesnt pray or fast because he has been told by his family he is above the need to do that and so has fallen into kufr.
I think for that simple reason we should avoid such titles, same with nationalism and sectarianism. It just gives us arrogance and pride and although the people might have good intentions to begin with this what ends up happening down the line.

Malaikah
12-28-2006, 09:34 AM

What?! Like the rest of us don't matter? :raging:

May Allah guide them and all of us!

- Qatada -
12-28-2006, 09:42 AM

C'mon guys, lets not disrespect no-one. Imagine if, if Rasool Allaah salAllaahu alaihi waSalam was on the earth with us today, we would work hard to respect his muslim family members the same way the sahabah/companions did.

lolwatever
12-28-2006, 09:49 AM

C'mon guys, lets not disrespect no-one. Imagine if, if Rasool Allaah salAllaahu alaihi waSalam was on the earth with us today, we would work hard to respect his muslim family members the same way the sahabah/companions did.
tru bro :)

i think wat she might b referrin 2 is like... split personality when ti comes to proposing to people who attribute themselves to prophets family and people who aren't related :?

:w:

Malaikah
12-28-2006, 09:52 AM

Was this aimed at me? :? I just don't see why women who are related to the Prophet pbuh (with a ~1400 year gap!) deserve to be treated any better than any other Muslim woman. :mmokay:

I don't mean to disrespect anyone but that kind of attitude has got to go.:rollseyes

- Qatada -
12-28-2006, 09:56 AM

Nah i was talkin to everyone. no-one specifically.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.