/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wasting time!

anonymous
12-27-2006, 11:57 AM
:sl:

i have a serious issue... i keep wasting my time on useless stuff!! i sleep in to about 11-12 am:exhausted, i waste time on the internet:X, and i stay up too late, like to about 12-1 at night.... and cos its so late i dont do anything productive at that time bcus it is night time...:laugh: i do manage to do good stuff during the day alhamdulilah like read books and quran and listen to lectures and useful stuff like that, but i still feel like i need to get organised and be more productive.....

i need motivation and ADVICE please! (im on holidays if it helps)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
12-27-2006, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

i have a serious issue... i keep wasting my time on useless stuff!! i sleep in to about 11-12 am:exhausted, i waste time on the internet:X, and i stay up too late, like to about 12-1 at night.... and cos its so late i dont do anything productive at that time bcus it is night time...:laugh: i do manage to do good stuff during the day alhamdulilah like read books and quran and listen to lectures and useful stuff like that, but i still feel like i need to get organised and be more productive.....

lol sleeping to midday is an issue... hmm.. dunno try get into routine of pretending as if it's a normal school day... i.e. if you're use to sleeping for only 1 hour after fajr... then stick to that.. or try not sleep after fajr at all...

alternativly try sleeping early...

butt.. if ur addicted to stayin up.... perhaps you might hav time 4 urself so its good to use it to do qiyam or make an aim that you won't sleep till you memorise or revise a certain amount of verses every night.

also... one thing about fajr... when you wake up you're really out of it, but if you can resist to stay up for an extra half n hour... you're sleepiness will go away... and it's prime time for studying/revising things and learning inshalah.

dunno.. hope that helps.

ws

ps: its hard to not sleep after fajr if u sleep after midnight... midnite should be latest u sleep... otherwise its reeeeally hard stayin up after fajr.. n even harder to wake up if u wanan do qiyam or things like that.

Kittygyal
12-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Assalmualikm Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu
i sugesst you put your alarm on for early prayer "fajr" && get up then && read some Qura'an && then go back to slepp if you can && put alarm on for 10'oclock the ealierst i know it's hard but Ukthi if you don't "try" your never goign to get anywhere
Ma'assalama

aby5y
12-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah I had the same problem for a while too. Its hard to change a routine once your used to it, but Insha-Allah you seem commited to changing it so I'm sure you can. I suggest you wake up for Fajr then like the Sister said read the Holy Qu'ran. This will make you feel refreshed. You can then sleep for a short while, but set your alarm to wake back up after an hour or so. At first it will be slightly tough but Insha'Allah you will get used to it...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
12-27-2006, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aby5y
Yeah I had the same problem for a while too. Its hard to change a routine once your used to it, but Insha-Allah you seem commited to changing it so I'm sure you can. I suggest you wake up for Fajr then like the Sister said read the Holy Qu'ran. This will make you feel refreshed. You can then sleep for a short while, but set your alarm to wake back up after an hour or so. At first it will be slightly tough but Insha'Allah you will get used to it...
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu
just to add you can go asleep early then you can wake up for "fajr" && then after salah you can have a shower to fresh you up && then you start reading Qura'an inshallah then you don't have to go alseep inshallah.
just "try" your best going asleep early inshallah keep have a shower every morning that will do thy job
Ma'assalama

lolwatever
12-27-2006, 12:15 PM

talking of wasting time on net.... maybe mods can disable LI for a certain number of hours every day... i'm hooked on this thing coz comp always nxt 2me so i'm always on while im doin my other things :hiding:

disabling my account didnt help :enough!:

:w:

Takumi
12-27-2006, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

:sl: Trust me you're not alone and if that makes you feel better, good.

It's pretty obvious that you're not as disciplined as you want to and if that's the case, that's the first step that you need to make, and trust me (again), even if you were given a million advices, you won't pull through until you, yourself pull the plug on this wastefulness.

Time is a commodity. In the business world, time is money. You waste time, you don't get the revenues that you want, hence you either end up in debt or you just go bankrupt.

Well, Allah has proposed a transaction. Read here:

10 O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a commerce that will save you from a painful torment.
11 That you believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know!

As Saff.

May I suggest that you keep a daily journal? Since you go on the computer a lot, just use a calendar program or anything similar to help you track your activities.

Here are some things that you may want to consider so that you can prevent idling about.

(1) Memorize some Quran. 5 verses per day will get you through a lot.
(2) Pick up a book and read.
(3) Write
(4) Volunteer at a local Islamic Center or charity

I hope this helps.

Kittygyal
12-27-2006, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever

talking of wasting time on net.... maybe mods can disable LI for a certain number of hours every day... i'm hooked on this thing coz comp always nxt 2me so i'm always on while im doin my other things :hiding:

disabling my account didnt help :enough!:

:w:
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu

maybe you should ban your self by keep being naughty :omg: :p

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.