/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mother - Appreciation Thread

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-27-2006, 03:37 PM
I was just thinking of how much our mothers have done for us and sometimes we dont realise the struggles they go through and the misery and heartache we might put them through. I know there are some mothers on LI aswell and they can relate to this.

I wanted to make this thread so that people can point out things mothers go through for their kids so we can apreciate our mother's and thank them for what they have done for us even though no matter what we do can equal what they have done for us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AmarFaisal
12-27-2006, 03:52 PM
My mother always prays for me, it's her prayers that guide us out of our stormy days, that protect us from the bad eyes, that all Allah has given us, is through the prayers of our mothers.
My mother always says, that since her mother died, she has realised how much her mother used to pray for her, n how much her prayers were protecting her.
I realised this after becoming a mother myself, I can forget myself in prayers but never ever my daughter.

Mezier
12-27-2006, 04:01 PM
:w:

Ive seen a lot of mothers out there...and I dont want to offend anyone...but for me, none come even close to mine (but I guess thats how everyone feels). Her patience with us has been incredible. She has done pretty much everything for me and my other siblings. She woke up every morning to my make me my lunch until I was 16, and now she is doing that for my younger sister!

Shes done countless things for me. Inshallah, Allah will keep her on this earth in good health for many years to come so my grandchildren can really get to know her.

:sl:

Far7an
12-27-2006, 04:16 PM
My mother is the best simply because she is MY mother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
12-27-2006, 04:17 PM
:wasalamex

My mother had a great amount of Sabr mashaAllah, and I strive to be as patient and strong as she was.

muslimah4life
12-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Salaam

I just love my mother 2 bits I dont know what I would do without her.

Jayda
12-27-2006, 04:31 PM
i was afraid my mother would not be such an important part of my life as before now that i have my own children... but now she is teaching me how to be a mother :)

gracias mama

Woodrow
12-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Mothers are wonderfull creations of Allah(swt). each of us is blessed to have or to have had one.

Now that my own Mother is no longer with me I look back at some of the trials I put her through in my life time.

Going off sometimes for years at a time without her not even knowing if I was alive. Yet, returning to greetings as if I had never left.

Various troubles I had gotten myself into because of my big mouth. and her gentle reply always being, "at least you said what you stood up for"

I remember one time being gone for 2 years then as a joke sending her a post card from South Africa with just the short not "Dear Mom, No time to write sending a post card. Can't say much on a card. Love, (my name)" Then a year later when I saw her she smiled and said "I was glad to get your card"

I lost my real father when I was 7 years old. we went through some very serious poverty for most of my childhood. Yet, I always had clean clothes. Never went hungry, but looking back I remember days I did not see her eat.

I cost my mother a lot both financialy and emotionaly. Yet, she was always there when I needed her.

Yes, Mothers are very special people. I know now I wish I had spent more time with mine.

Kittygyal
12-27-2006, 04:53 PM
aSSALMUALIKUM wARHMATHULLAHI WARBARAKATHUHU

I LOVE MY MAM!!!!! :'( && miss her!!!!

Edit: Questioning/protesting rules, or moderator's action, in public

Ma'assalama

MinAhlilHadeeth
12-27-2006, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Mothers are wonderfull creations of Allah(swt). each of us is blessed to have or to have had one.

Now that my own Mother is no longer with me I look back at some of the trials I put her through in my life time.

Going off sometimes for years at a time without her not even knowing if I was alive. Yet, returning to greetings as if I had never left.

Various troubles I had gotten myself into because of my big mouth. and her gentle reply always being, "at least you said what you stood up for"

I remember one time being gone for 2 years then as a joke sending her a post card from South Africa with just the short not "Dear Mom, No time to write sending a post card. Can't say much on a card. Love, (my name)" Then a year later when I saw her she smiled and said "I was glad to get your card"

I lost my real father when I was 7 years old. we went through some very serious poverty for most of my childhood. Yet, I always had clean clothes. Never went hungry, but looking back I remember days I did not see her eat.

I cost my mother a lot both financialy and emotionaly. Yet, she was always there when I needed her.

Yes, Mothers are very special people. I know now I wish I had spent more time with mine.
Strange isn't it, you never know what you have until it's gone. And we will never really appreciate our mothers until we have lost them. May Allah forgive us for our shortcomings inshaAllah.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Masha'Allah...plzz share any lil stories like bro woodrow has done aswell if you can. I enjoyed reading that woodrow and the rest of the replies :)

Jazzak'Allah

glo
12-27-2006, 05:22 PM
I must confess that I often took my mother for granted, when I was a child.

She was widowed when she was in her mid-thirties, having two small children and pregnant with the third!
Back in the seventies single mothers were so much less common than now, and it must have been a real struggle for her! She had to work to earn a living for us. Luckily she had the support from my grandparents, who lived with us.

I wasn't always an easy child - especially when she remarried and I resented her new husband. I caused her much pain and heartache! :cry:

It wasn't until I became a wife and mother myself that I fully understood the level of her love, care and sacrifice for her children!

Now she is getting older, it is my opportunity to repay her in some small way.
Sadly we live far apart, but I cherish the times when we visit each other and spend time together!

May we all find ways to show and tell our mothers how much appreciated they are.

Peace

Kittygyal
12-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Asslamualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu
i love my mam, now she has faded away :'( i...can always see her face approaching infront of me when ever i sit down all i think is when my mam was there with me when i ahd my first ever OP on heart && i was in ICU she was there holding my hand && crying, when ever i lay down i always remember my mam kissing me when i got to sleep, when ever i eat i always remember my mam putting thy food down on table for ONLY me && making seperate food for me without chillies. :'( :'( :( :cry:

when ever i go out i remember my mam saying to me "snowy come back home your cats are going to be alone :'(" YA ALLAH!

i love you mam :'(, since my mam has gone i had no one holding my hand in ICU && crying, no one saying to me "snowy come back home your cats are goign to be alone" :'(. there is a big room in my heart thats how much my mam has left me YA ALLAH! :cry:

Ma'assalama

SUMMAYAH
12-27-2006, 05:38 PM
It's only my mothers prayers for me that have got me through life so blissfully.

Sadly when we lived together I took her for granted. I wish I had done more to show her my appreciation.

Now a mother myself I can actually understand how much she must of gone through....

I love her.

Helena
12-27-2006, 07:16 PM
:w:

Mashallah very interesting thread.....

My mother is my lite, my guidance, my hope, my smile, my tears, my shadow, and best of all my friend......whom i can share all my thoughts with...whose a complete understandable person...

we divide our house works....mostly i do it......dnt wanna trouble her too much...we work together as a team....alhamdulililah

i've seen her going thru bad moments......but alhamdulilah she's my strength....if my strength breaks...i'll be into pieces......

she has been thru lot....we are alike....no one can tell whose the mother or daughter...can be seen as sisters...LOL....

a life story.......

with her am something, without her am nothing....

jus cant imagine.....me getting married......too hard too believe...to hard to accept.....

i wanna be with her forever inshAllah...dnt wanna let her hand go.....am still her little child......holding her hand tightly.....

shes my life......inshAllah.........

may it be like that inshAllah...........

habiibti
12-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Great thread.

i am blessed to have 2 great mums,one who raised me and ma own mum.She is da strongest woman i know.i remember when i was abt 5 or 6,it was around da time da war started in Somalia,she a single mother with many kids all under da age of 10.I didnt understand it but now i recall it,she used to take care of us during da day and look for our food at night.sometimes she had to walk abt 20 kms to and from a market to sell and she never complained or saw us as a burden.I will be most lucky if i become half da woman she is. may Allah make janatul Firdauw her reward Ameen.
Ma biological mum am sure is wonderful too even tho i didnt live with her.Seeing how she and ma dad raised ma bros and sis,they did a wonderful job.May Allah reward our parents.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.