/* */

PDA

View Full Version : men=scarves?

Helena
12-27-2006, 09:22 PM
:w:

am truly sorry if am repeating the question over again...

wanna be clear inshAllah......

why do men wear scarves? is it sunnah? ...i mean on their heads/not around their neck....

are they allowed?.....

is it appropriate?

wot is it?.....

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
12-28-2006, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler

am truly sorry if am repeating the question over again...

wanna be clear inshAllah......

why do men wear scarves? is it sunnah? ...i mean on their heads/not around their neck....

are they allowed?.....

is it appropriate?

wot is it?.....

no its not sunnah sis...

i think men in saudi wear it as a sun protection sorta measure... n its like a custom there..

FollowingAlhuda
12-28-2006, 10:33 AM
it is cultural!

Malaikah
12-28-2006, 10:36 AM

Are you talking about those white things they wear?:? I like them, they are cool. :D

But um if you mean hijab thats for women.:p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SATalha
12-28-2006, 11:18 AM
The scarves that Palestinian men wear to cover their face, has become so popular in London. I see everyone wear it from sisters to White, trendy, Gay, Hippies. you name it their wearing it. I have one from Saudi, my Dad got it for me. I wear it on Eid and so does Dad, but now its a fashion thing so I dont wear it.

FollowingAlhuda
12-28-2006, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
The scarves that Palestinian men wear to cover their face, has become so popular in London. I see everyone wear it from sisters to White, trendy, Gay, Hippies. you name it their wearing it. I have one from Saudi, my Dad got it for me. I wear it on Eid and so does Dad, but now its a fashion thing so I dont wear it.

Hahaha also the case in Holland. Especcialy hippies where it!

aby5y
12-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah...The Arabs mainly wear them to protect themselves from the heat...Its roasting in the Middle East...

Kittygyal
12-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu
do you mean on the hat, (turban)?
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu
i wear it in pink tho but not like to cover my face but to feel nice && warm , i see many asians wearing them aswel && christains wear them but in "black" not like what palestine people wear, but i wear it when i go out to keep myself warm
Ma'assalama

glo
12-28-2006, 04:23 PM
You mean this kind of thing?
They used to be quite fashionable with young people of a left political standing back in the 80s ...
They were quite practical actually ... warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and nice and big too!

Peace

Phoenix CG
12-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah I just realised after I was in town I said salaam to someone wearing it, they didn't reply just looked at me weird, guess its just fashion now.

bluesky
12-28-2006, 06:31 PM
yeh, i've seen every1 in jamea wear it, it's so cool!
am gonna get 1 soon insha'allah
wasallam

Helena
12-28-2006, 11:49 PM

jazaks for the response brothers and sisters.....thats wot i thought....men wearing scarfs is just..way out of hand...but can it be worn to protect one from heat......but is it allowed still? wearing it ones head...confusion...at the end its all cultural...

Malaikah
12-29-2006, 03:13 AM

Why shouldn't it be allowed?:?

cihad
12-29-2006, 04:20 PM
its hot in arabian places so seeing that the hair is black and would absorb much heat and make the head hot they wear the scarves to reflect off the heat-thats what i suppose...

SATalha
12-31-2006, 03:15 PM
It doesnt matter as long as it it complies with Shariah, wear it, dont wear it. As for me I am a magnet for flu, cold and other air born winter illnesses. So i wear it for the sake of my health. Its cold in LONDON. The scarf is realy versatile.

Helena
12-31-2006, 04:08 PM

now its understandable...i think....

H4RUN
12-31-2006, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
You mean this kind of thing?

They used to be quite fashionable with young people of a left political standing back in the 80s ...
They were quite practical actually ... warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and nice and big too!

Peace
Yeh last time i was in London, i saw all sorts wearing them, all beit probably just for fashion, neverthless quite popular....but for the so called 'thugs' it's just to cover the mouth and look 'militant':rollseyes ....

And yeh correct all sort do wear them, hippies..the lot....heck even i do:D....tie it as a conventional scarf, bit shortr but VOILA! 'warm in the winter'....very true...
peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.