/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from PEI

brenton
12-28-2006, 02:44 AM
Hello Everyone.
My name is Brenton (pretty catchy user name, hey!). I live in eastern Canada.
I am not Muslim, but a Christian, so I hope I am not too out of place. I'm not here to cause problems or convert anyone or anything. I'm here out of a genuine interest to learn.
I know about Islam from reading and because of my interest in Religious Studies. I teach at a small university. I've been ask to teach a specific course on Islam that is a little outside of my comfort zone. Anything anyone has to teach me is welcome.
Peace to you all, and my respect to the Prophet and this community.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SilentObserver
12-28-2006, 03:59 AM
Hi Brenton,
I'm not a muslim either. If you have not noticed already there are a number of nonmuslim members. Anyway, welcome to the forum.

syilla
12-28-2006, 03:59 AM
Hello.....

have a beneficial stay....

you can check out the thread on discover islam

Skillganon
12-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Hey Welcome to the forum Brent,

Enjoy your stay.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sis_ReNa
12-28-2006, 06:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brenton
Hello Everyone.
My name is Brenton (pretty catchy user name, hey!). I live in eastern Canada.
I am not Muslim, but a Christian, so I hope I am not too out of place. I'm not here to cause problems or convert anyone or anything. I'm here out of a genuine interest to learn.
I know about Islam from reading and because of my interest in Religious Studies. I teach at a small university. I've been ask to teach a specific course on Islam that is a little outside of my comfort zone. Anything anyone has to teach me is welcome.
Peace to you all, and my respect to the Prophet and this community.
welcome to the group ,,, I hope you enjoy your stay .. I hope you get the answers to the questions you seek here or someone to talk to ...

FollowingAlhuda
12-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Have a benificial stay!

Peace

glo
12-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Welcome to LI, brenton. :)

Enjoy your stay.

Peace

brenton
12-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Is there special meaning to "beneficial stay?"

Pk_#2
12-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Hello Brenton,

I duno, is there? We all just really care...A LOT heh :)

Have a nice stay,

There are a lot of non-muslims on this forum including Christians like yourself, so don't feel lonely!

Peace man! Be good :D

Aisha20
12-29-2006, 05:55 PM
hi

welcome to Li. If u have questions go ahead and ask. feel free to post ;)

brenton
01-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Thanx for a welcome everyone.
I'm not really ready to ask the real questions I have until I've read for a few weeks.

Malaikah
01-03-2007, 03:27 AM
Hi Brenton,

Just a word of caution. I notice that you seem to be posting mainly in the World Affairs section. That section is notorious for being the realm of bigotry and headache. :X

That's just my advice, don't let the section overwhelm you! You will find that there are many other section that are useful to be involved in, such as Comparative religion (you seem to have gotten comfortable in that section already), refutations and Basics of Islam.

Enjoy!

brenton
01-03-2007, 11:57 AM
thanx for the advice Malaika
I haven't posted in other places where I read because I don't know anything!
Where I don't know, I ask or just read. Where I think I know or I'm working it out, I feel comfortable posting.

Part of my curiousity is how much "bigotry" or "looseness" or whatever is within the Muslim community discussion. I've been on Christian boards for a while and experienced my share. I'm not really interested in changing that discussion, just working out what it means because it is going on in the world on a larger scale (between Muslim leaders, Muslim groups, Muslim nations, etc.).

Malaikah
01-03-2007, 12:14 PM
^In that case you will need a sharp eye to be able to tell the ignorant from those who know what they are talking about.

:)

ژاله
01-03-2007, 12:17 PM
welcome to the forum brenton!!!!!!!
enjoy n have a beneficial stay

brenton
01-03-2007, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
^In that case you will need a sharp eye to be able to tell the ignorant from those who know what they are talking about.

:)
Yeah, I'm not sure what camp I'm in myself!

FollowingAlhuda
01-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi Brenton,

I found some information about islaam for non-muslims. I hope you will have with this little information some clarification about a few subjects.

Peace

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!