/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Other Extreme!

FBI
12-28-2006, 04:12 PM
:sl:

When we all think of extrimist images of suicide bombers and terrorist come to mind, that's one extreme, but what about the other, as we all know islam is the middle path, Lets use the current conflicts in the ummah, u get people critizing others for their actions but ifn we refer back to islamic text they two are extreme, what I find funny is how people can critize muslims who commit terrorism when they two and negelcting Jihad and fall into the other extream, the one called sitting on your backside and calling it dua! Isn't this hypocracy how can someone critize someone elses Jihad when they aint doing it them selfs.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IzakHalevas
12-28-2006, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

When we all think of extrimist images of suicide bombers and terrorist come to mind, that's one extreme, but what about the other, as we all know islam is the middle path, Lets use the current conflicts in the ummah, u get people critizing others for their actions but ifn we refer back to islamic text they two are extreme, what I find funny is how people can critize muslims who commit terrorism when they two and negelcting Jihad and fall into the other extream, the one called sitting on your backside and calling it dua! Isn't this hypocracy how can someone critize someone elses Jihad when they aint doing it them selfs.
One Jihad such as suicide bombing destroys human life, the majority of the time innocent human life. What I think you fail to understand is that neglecting Jihad at one extreme is better than neglecting Jihad which leads to many peoples death at another extreme. Or if you can find how the other extremes neglegance of Jihad destorys innocent life, then maybe I will give your theory more than a deep sigh.

Until then I will refer to these words as my point of reference, and I hope you read them carefully:

“Do not put yourself to destruction with your own hands”.

http://www.islam101.com/terror/iatConv.htm

وَأَنفِقُواْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللّهِ وَلاَ تُلْقُواْ بِأَيْدِيكُمْ إِلَى التَّهْلُكَةِ وَأَحْسِنُوَاْ إِنَّ اللّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنِينَ
(Quran 2:195)

Also, a Tradition of the Prophet Muhammad says,

“And if somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Resurrection.”

http://www.islam101.com/terror/iatConv.htm

Suicide bombing involves killing oneself as well as others.

FBI
12-28-2006, 05:23 PM

Please show me where I said I agree with suicide Bombings, Lost of life is happening daily it seems taking a life is okey for a non muslim army but for a muslim one it isn't.

IzakHalevas
12-28-2006, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Please show me where I said I agree with suicide Bombings, Lost of life is happening daily it seems taking a life is okey for a non muslim army but for a muslim one it isn't.
You misunderstand me. Your post was referring to another 'extreme' of Jihad, but there extreme of Jihad does not involve the slaying of innocent life by suicide bombings. Non-Muslim armies are far from perfect or moral but that really is not the topic, nor is it relevant since Islam claims to be morally superior to these other armies.

The topic was the two extremes of Jihad. The extreme you criticized in your post does not receive as much criticism because they do not destroy human life as the other extreme does regularly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.