/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Could Be Hanged Tomorrow!!

chacha_jalebi
12-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Saddam to be executed tomorrow

Dec 29 2006

icWales

Saddam Hussein remained in American custody today as news reports said a defence lawyer had claimed the deposed Iraqi leader was to be executed tomorrow.

Yesterday, Saddam’s half brothers visited him in his Baghdad jail cell, Iraqi officials said.

The meeting with his relatives could indicate the deposed leader’s execution was approaching, but he must also be transferred to Iraqi custody first - something officials today said had yet to occur.

Iraq’s prime minister said those who opposed the execution of Saddam were insulting the honour of his dead victims.

"Our respect for human rights requires us to execute him, and there will be no review or delay in carrying out the sentence," Prime Minister Nouri Maliki said in comments released by his office.

"Those who reject the execution of Saddam are insulting the souls of the martyrs of Iraq," Maliki’s office quoted him as saying. He made the remarks in a meeting with families of people who died during Saddam’s rule.

On Tuesday, an Iraqi appeals court upheld Saddam’s death sentence for the killing of 148 people who were detained after an attempt to assassinate him in the northern Iraqi city of Dujail in 1982. The court said the former president should be hanged within 30 days.

rest of the article can be found here

well well i think it would be sad if they execute him on eid, thats jus out of order man

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
12-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu
heard that aswel on MSN hanged in US but a dunno if this is true tho dude sadaam && Tony && Bush ALLAH HU ALIM
Ma'assalama

FBI
12-29-2006, 07:01 PM
:sl:

So tragic that he'll be held accountable for his actions since he won't be executed by a sharia system

ckerofilm
12-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Didn't he say something like he'd rather be killed by the kuffar as it would mean dying shaheed than rotting away in prison..?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
12-29-2006, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ckerofilm
Didn't he say something like he'd rather be killed by the kuffar as it would mean dying shaheed than rotting away in prison..?
humm he said something about dying with kuffar but am not sure about rotting Allah Hu aLIM
Ma'assalama

ckerofilm
12-29-2006, 07:16 PM
I didn't hear it first-hand so I'm not sure what the exact words were

Kittygyal
12-29-2006, 07:17 PM
humm okay dear allah hu alim
ma'assalama

Zulkiflim
12-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Salam,

He is judged and found wanting by man.
Inshallah the greater punishment is after this life.

So hopefully for Busha nd Blair and all the trangressors to be warned,in the end the fire awaits you.
No matter how safe you think you are,no matter how many people yuou think love you,no matter how much polls say of you...it dont matter.

In the end the MOST HIGH knows the truth.

All of mankind shall receive their just reward/punishment.

amirah_87
12-29-2006, 11:03 PM
SubhanAllah, feel sorry for the Brother!

Guess it's better to recieve your Punishment here in this dunya then with Allah.

Tommorrow's eid aswell right? :-\

Ar-RaYYan
12-29-2006, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

Guess it's better to recieve your Punishment here in this dunya then with Allah.

yeah thats right sis, tommorrow is Eid-ul-adha :D

p.s Early Eid Mubarak :D

SilentObserver
12-29-2006, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

I feel sorry that he made the bad decisions he made, and now has to pay for those decisions. I feel worse for the families of his victims though.

whitemuslimah
12-29-2006, 11:22 PM
i wanted to start another thread but then thought i'll ask in here and see if anyone knows. just wondering, what does sharia law say about execution, is there execution at all under sharia law?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Well he deserved his punishment, but there others who aren't any less deserving. they deserve it more actually...the sad thing is that its on Eid :(. How sad....

SilentObserver
12-29-2006, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Well he deserved his punishment, but there others who aren't any less deserving. they deserve it more actually...the sad thing is that its on Eid :(. How sad....
I thought I read it will be done late Saturday. Isn't Eid on sunday?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-29-2006, 11:40 PM
some places its diff cuz of the hours so...its sunday for me InshAllah.

Woodrow
12-29-2006, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
It will be Saturday here in the US, but it will be Sunday in Iraq.

SilentObserver
12-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Saddam will be executed before 6 a.m. local time (Iraq time)Saturday. Eid starts on Sunday for Muslims in Iraq.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-29-2006, 11:48 PM
oh :O ok then lol...well still ppl might do it saturday..bah forget it, im confusing myself LOL.

Curious girl2
12-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Well, all hell will break loose when they do hang him. I wouldnt like to be in Iraq right now.

peace CG

Al_Imaan
12-30-2006, 12:18 AM
:sl:
I was just watching the AlJazeera news in english and they said that the execution of Saddam will be like a sacrifice and that on the first day of Eid. This is heart-breaking.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...B937B1B7B4.htm

Trumble
12-30-2006, 03:24 AM
Well, according to the BBC 'breaking news', the deed has been done.

Erundur
12-30-2006, 03:27 AM
Depends on which country you live in, if you leave anywhere East of Saudi Arabia its more likely that its gonna be on a Sunday (depending on the moon sighting and the hour of its sighting). I mean who is gonna celebrate eid at 3:00 a.m.?

Oh and Saddam died on Arafah.

AntonK
12-30-2006, 03:39 AM
Arab Media Report Saddam Hussein Has Been Executed

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 03:45 AM
The man dubbed the Butcher of Baghdad was convicted of crimes against humanity for the killing of 148 Shiite men and young boys after their failed assassination attempt in 1982 in the village of Dujail.

Celebrations were seen breaking out in Sadr City, a predominantly Shiite area in Baghdad.

I'm no Sadaam fan, I think the execution is fair. But I don't agree with celebrating anyone being killed either.

Erundur
12-30-2006, 03:48 AM
The man dubbed the Butcher of Baghdad was convicted of crimes against humanity for the killing of 148 Shiite men and young boys after their failed assassination attempt in 1982 in the village of Dujail.

Celebrations were seen breaking out in Sadr City, a predominantly Shiite area in Baghdad.

I'm no Sadaam fan, I think the execution is fair. But I don't agree with celebrating anyone being killed either.

Whether if its a cultural aspect or a religious, but celebrating the death of anyone I personally feel it as being wrong, the man died fine leave it at that. Yes even though he did a grave injustice, but seriously...of course thats just me.

They are only adding more fuel to the fire.

Woodrow
12-30-2006, 03:52 AM
It's over.

strange coincidence that may make the news. Bush is here in Texas right now at his Ranch. We are currently under a tornado warning. Much of the storm has passed over Bush's ranch, but he was evacuated to safety for about 10 minutes immediatly before the Execution.

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It's over.

strange coincidence that may make the news. Bush is here in Texas right now at his Ranch. We are currently under a tornado warning. Much of the storm has passed over Bush's ranch, but he was evacuated to safety for about 10 minutes immediatly before the Execution.
Careful Woodrow, someone might interpret that as good finally triumphing over evil.:rollseyes

AvarAllahNoor
12-30-2006, 04:02 AM
Margiya Hai Hai!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-30-2006, 04:31 AM
Saddam has officially been executed....!
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajioun, Ameen....

Al_Imaan
12-30-2006, 04:34 AM
I've been watching the news since 5pm (eastern time zone-USA)...i can't believe it...he's excecuted...:(....it's sad that he's been hanged on the first day of eid...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Whats the point in cheering over someones death? That too will be our fate.

Woodrow
12-30-2006, 04:54 AM
See the new thread about the execution

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.