/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate Bush?

Jeness18
12-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Hey, I have lost my sense of direction. I haven't been here forever and coming back brings me such joy. I feel like this forum is where I belong because you all truly make me feel important and special. anyway I have noticed something peculiar.

Everyone that I talk to claims to hate Bush. I was wondering why besides the mean names. If you don't good for you, I don't either. But I just don't understand why everyone complains and bickers about hating George W. Bush.

Please keep it clean. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-30-2006, 12:09 AM
I do not hate Bush. I just don't think he is serving the American people as our president should. It is as if he has forgotten the President is an employee of the people. We don't work for him he is supposed to work for us.

It is a shame that the process for firing a president takes so long. If the founders of the constitution had foreseen situations like this I believe there would have been a clause for speedier removal of an incompetant or corrupted President.

FBI
12-30-2006, 12:09 AM
:sl:

I hate him for the sake of allah, he's an open enemy to islam.

ManchesterFolk
12-30-2006, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Open Enemies of Islam generally cannot be quoted saying:

"Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace."
Remarks by the President on Eid Al-Fitr
The Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.
December 5, 2002

"Over the past month, Muslims have fasted, taking no food or water during daylight hours, in order to refocus their minds on faith and redirect their hearts to charity. Muslims worldwide have stretched out a hand of mercy to those in need. Charity tables at which the poor can break their fast line the streets of cities and towns. And gifts of food and clothing and money are distributed to ensure that all share in God's abundance. Muslims often invite members of other families to their evening iftar meals, demonstrating a spirit of tolerance."
December 5, 2002

"America treasures the relationship we have with our many Muslim friends, and we respect the vibrant faith of Islam which inspires countless individuals to lead lives of honesty, integrity, and morality. This year, may Eid also be a time in which we recognize the values of progress, pluralism, and acceptance that bind us together as a Nation and a global community. By working together to advance mutual understanding, we point the way to a brighter future for all."
Presidential Message Eid al-Fitr
December 5, 2002

"Islam brings hope and comfort to millions of people in my country, and to more than a billion people worldwide. Ramadan is also an occasion to remember that Islam gave birth to a rich civilization of learning that has benefited mankind."
President's Eid al-Fitr Greeting to Muslims around the World
December 4, 2002

"Ours is a war not against a religion, not against the Muslim faith. But ours is a war against individuals who absolutely hate what America stands for, and hate the freedom of the Czech Republic. And therefore, we must work together to defend ourselves. And by remaining strong and united and tough, we'll prevail."
Press Conference by President Bush and President Havel of Czech Republic
Prague Castle, Prague, Czech Republic
November 20, 2002

"Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance and we welcome people of all faiths in America."
Remarks by President George W. Bush in a statement to reporters during a meeting with U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan
The Oval Office, Washington, DC
November 13, 2002

"We see in Islam a religion that traces its origins back to God's call on Abraham. We share your belief in God's justice, and your insistence on man's moral responsibility. We thank the many Muslim nations who stand with us against terror. Nations that are often victims of terror, themselves."
President Hosts Iftaar Dinner
Remarks by the President at Iftaar Dinner
State Dining Room

"Islam is a vibrant faith. Millions of our fellow citizens are Muslim. We respect the faith. We honor its traditions. Our enemy does not. Our enemy doesn't follow the great traditions of Islam. They've hijacked a great religion."
Remarks by President George W. Bush on U.S. Humanitarian Aid to Afghanistan
Presidential Hall, Dwight David Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Washington, D.C.
October 11, 2002

"Islam is a faith that brings comfort to people. It inspires them to lead lives based on honesty, and justice, and compassion."
Presidential Hall, Dwight David Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Washington, D.C.
October 11, 2002

"All Americans must recognize that the face of terror is not the true faith -- face of Islam. Islam is a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world. It's a faith that has made brothers and sisters of every race. It's a faith based upon love, not hate."
President George W. Bush Holds Roundtable with Arab and Muslim-American Leaders
Afghanistan Embassy, Washington, D.C.
September 10, 2002

"If liberty can blossom in the rocky soil of the West Bank and Gaza, it will inspire millions of men and women around the globe who are equally weary of poverty and oppression, equally entitled to the benefits of democratic government. I have a hope for the people of Muslim countries. Your commitments to morality, and learning, and tolerance led to great historical achievements. And those values are alive in the Islamic world today. You have a rich culture, and you share the aspirations of men and women in every culture. Prosperity and freedom and dignity are not just American hopes, or Western hopes. They are universal, human hopes. And even in the violence and turmoil of the Middle East, America believes those hopes have the power to transform lives and nations."
President George W. Bush Calls for New Palestinian Leadership
The Rose Garden, Washington, D.C.
June 24, 2002

"When it comes to the common rights and needs of men and women, there is no clash of civilizations. The requirements of freedom apply fully to Africa and Latin America and the entire Islamic world. The peoples of the Islamic nations want and deserve the same freedoms and opportunities as people in every nation. And their governments should listen to their hopes."
Remarks by the President George W. Bush at the 2002 Graduation Exercise of the United States Military Academy
West Point, New York
June 1, 2002

"America rejects bigotry. We reject every act of hatred against people of Arab background or Muslim faith America values and welcomes peaceful people of all faiths -- Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Hindu and many others. Every faith is practiced and protected here, because we are one country. Every immigrant can be fully and equally American because we're one country. Race and color should not divide us, because America is one country."
President George W. Bush Promotes Compassionate Conservatism
Parkside Hall, San Jose, California
April 30, 2002

"We're taking action against evil people. Because this great nation of many religions understands, our war is not against Islam, or against faith practiced by the Muslim people. Our war is a war against evil. This is clearly a case of good versus evil, and make no mistake about it -- good will prevail."
Remarks by the President George W. Bush at a Town Hall Meeting with Citizens of Ontario
Ontario Convention Center, Ontario, California
January 5, 2002

"Eid is a time of joy, after a season of fasting and prayer and reflection. Each year, the end of Ramadan means celebration and thanksgiving for millions of Americans. And your joy during this season enriches the life of our great country. This year, Eid is celebrated at the same time as Hanukkah and Advent. So it's a good time for people of these great faiths, Islam, Judaism and Christianity, to remember how much we have in common: devotion to family, a commitment to care for those in need, a belief in God and His justice, and the hope for peace on earth."
Remarks by the President in Honor of Eid Al-Fitr
The Diplomatic Reception Room
December 17, 2001

"The teachings of many faiths share much in common. And people of many faiths are united in our commitments to love our families, to protect our children, and to build a more peaceful world. In the coming year, let us resolve to seize opportunities to work together in a spirit of friendship and cooperation. Through our combined efforts, we can end terrorism and rid our civilization of the damaging effects of hatred and intolerance, ultimately achieving a brighter future for all."
President's Message for Eid al-Fitr
December 13, 2001

"According to Muslim teachings, God first revealed His word in the Holy Qur'an to the prophet, Muhammad, during the month of Ramadan. That word has guided billions of believers across the centuries, and those believers built a culture of learning and literature and science. All the world continues to benefit from this faith and its achievements."
Remarks by the President George W. Bush At Iftaar Dinner
The State Dining Room, Washington, D.C.
November 19, 2001

"The Islam that we know is a faith devoted to the worship of one God, as revealed through The Holy Qur'an. It teaches the value and the importance of charity, mercy, and peace."
President George W. Bush's Message for Ramadan
November 15, 2001

"This new enemy seeks to destroy our freedom and impose its views. We value life; the terrorists ruthlessly destroy it. We value education; the terrorists do not believe women should be educated or should have health care, or should leave their homes. We value the right to speak our minds; for the terrorists, free expression can be grounds for execution. We respect people of all faiths and welcome the free practice of religion; our enemy wants to dictate how to think and how to worship even to their fellow Muslims."
President George W. Bush Addresses the Nation
World Congress Center, Atlanta, Georgia
November 8, 2001

"All of us here today understand this: We do not fight Islam, we fight against evil."
Remarks by President George W. Bush to the Warsaw Conference on Combating Terrorism
November 6, 2001

"I have assured His Majesty that our war is against evil, not against Islam. There are thousands of Muslims who proudly call themselves Americans, and they know what I know -- that the Muslim faith is based upon peace and love and compassion. The exact opposite of the teachings of the al Qaeda organization, which is based upon evil and hate and destruction."
Remarks by President George W. Bush and His Majesty King Abdullah of Jordan
The Oval Office, Washington, D.C.
September 28, 2001

"Americans understand we fight not a religion; ours is not a campaign against the Muslim faith. Ours is a campaign against evil."
President George W. Bush Remarks by the President to Airline Employees
O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, Illinois
September 27, 2001

"The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them."

President George W. Bush's Address to a Joint Session of Congress and the American People
United States Capitol, Washington, D.C.
September 20, 2001

"I've made it clear, Madam President, that the war against terrorism is not a war against Muslims, nor is it a war against Arabs. It's a war against evil people who conduct crimes against innocent people."
Remarks by President George W. Bush and President Megawati of Indonesia
September 19, 2001

"The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don't represent peace. They represent evil and war."
Remarks by the President at Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C.
September 17, 2001

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al_Imaan
12-30-2006, 12:48 AM

i agree with u brother.

arabiyyah
12-30-2006, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
Open Enemies of Islam generally cannot be quoted saying:

"Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace."
December 5, 2002

"Over the past month, Muslims have fasted, taking no food or water during daylight hours, in order to refocus their minds on faith and redirect their hearts to charity. Muslims worldwide have stretched out a hand of mercy to those in need. Charity tables at which the poor can break their fast line the streets of cities and towns. And gifts of food and clothing and money are distributed to ensure that all share in God's abundance. Muslims often invite members of other families to their evening iftar meals, demonstrating a spirit of tolerance."
December 5, 2002

"America treasures the relationship we have with our many Muslim friends, and we respect the vibrant faith of Islam which inspires countless individuals to lead lives of honesty, integrity, and morality. This year, may Eid also be a time in which we recognize the values of progress, pluralism, and acceptance that bind us together as a Nation and a global community. By working together to advance mutual understanding, we point the way to a brighter future for all."
Presidential Message Eid al-Fitr
December 5, 2002

"Islam brings hope and comfort to millions of people in my country, and to more than a billion people worldwide. Ramadan is also an occasion to remember that Islam gave birth to a rich civilization of learning that has benefited mankind."
President's Eid al-Fitr Greeting to Muslims around the World
December 4, 2002

"Ours is a war not against a religion, not against the Muslim faith. But ours is a war against individuals who absolutely hate what America stands for, and hate the freedom of the Czech Republic. And therefore, we must work together to defend ourselves. And by remaining strong and united and tough, we'll prevail."
Press Conference by President Bush and President Havel of Czech Republic
Prague Castle, Prague, Czech Republic
November 20, 2002

"Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance and we welcome people of all faiths in America."
Remarks by President George W. Bush in a statement to reporters during a meeting with U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan
The Oval Office, Washington, DC
November 13, 2002

"We see in Islam a religion that traces its origins back to God's call on Abraham. We share your belief in God's justice, and your insistence on man's moral responsibility. We thank the many Muslim nations who stand with us against terror. Nations that are often victims of terror, themselves."
President Hosts Iftaar Dinner
Remarks by the President at Iftaar Dinner
State Dining Room

"Islam is a vibrant faith. Millions of our fellow citizens are Muslim. We respect the faith. We honor its traditions. Our enemy does not. Our enemy doesn't follow the great traditions of Islam. They've hijacked a great religion."
October 11, 2002

"Islam is a faith that brings comfort to people. It inspires them to lead lives based on honesty, and justice, and compassion."
October 11, 2002

"All Americans must recognize that the face of terror is not the true faith -- face of Islam. Islam is a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world. It's a faith that has made brothers and sisters of every race. It's a faith based upon love, not hate."
President George W. Bush Holds Roundtable with Arab and Muslim-American Leaders
Afghanistan Embassy, Washington, D.C.
September 10, 2002

"If liberty can blossom in the rocky soil of the West Bank and Gaza, it will inspire millions of men and women around the globe who are equally weary of poverty and oppression, equally entitled to the benefits of democratic government. I have a hope for the people of Muslim countries. Your commitments to morality, and learning, and tolerance led to great historical achievements. And those values are alive in the Islamic world today. You have a rich culture, and you share the aspirations of men and women in every culture. Prosperity and freedom and dignity are not just American hopes, or Western hopes. They are universal, human hopes. And even in the violence and turmoil of the Middle East, America believes those hopes have the power to transform lives and nations."
President George W. Bush Calls for New Palestinian Leadership
The Rose Garden, Washington, D.C.
June 24, 2002

"When it comes to the common rights and needs of men and women, there is no clash of civilizations. The requirements of freedom apply fully to Africa and Latin America and the entire Islamic world. The peoples of the Islamic nations want and deserve the same freedoms and opportunities as people in every nation. And their governments should listen to their hopes."
Remarks by the President George W. Bush at the 2002 Graduation Exercise of the United States Military Academy
West Point, New York
June 1, 2002

"America rejects bigotry. We reject every act of hatred against people of Arab background or Muslim faith America values and welcomes peaceful people of all faiths -- Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Hindu and many others. Every faith is practiced and protected here, because we are one country. Every immigrant can be fully and equally American because we're one country. Race and color should not divide us, because America is one country."
President George W. Bush Promotes Compassionate Conservatism
Parkside Hall, San Jose, California
April 30, 2002

"We're taking action against evil people. Because this great nation of many religions understands, our war is not against Islam, or against faith practiced by the Muslim people. Our war is a war against evil. This is clearly a case of good versus evil, and make no mistake about it -- good will prevail."
Remarks by the President George W. Bush at a Town Hall Meeting with Citizens of Ontario
Ontario Convention Center, Ontario, California
January 5, 2002

"Eid is a time of joy, after a season of fasting and prayer and reflection. Each year, the end of Ramadan means celebration and thanksgiving for millions of Americans. And your joy during this season enriches the life of our great country. This year, Eid is celebrated at the same time as Hanukkah and Advent. So it's a good time for people of these great faiths, Islam, Judaism and Christianity, to remember how much we have in common: devotion to family, a commitment to care for those in need, a belief in God and His justice, and the hope for peace on earth."
Remarks by the President in Honor of Eid Al-Fitr
The Diplomatic Reception Room
December 17, 2001

"The teachings of many faiths share much in common. And people of many faiths are united in our commitments to love our families, to protect our children, and to build a more peaceful world. In the coming year, let us resolve to seize opportunities to work together in a spirit of friendship and cooperation. Through our combined efforts, we can end terrorism and rid our civilization of the damaging effects of hatred and intolerance, ultimately achieving a brighter future for all."
President's Message for Eid al-Fitr
December 13, 2001

"According to Muslim teachings, God first revealed His word in the Holy Qur'an to the prophet, Muhammad, during the month of Ramadan. That word has guided billions of believers across the centuries, and those believers built a culture of learning and literature and science. All the world continues to benefit from this faith and its achievements."
Remarks by the President George W. Bush At Iftaar Dinner
The State Dining Room, Washington, D.C.
November 19, 2001

"The Islam that we know is a faith devoted to the worship of one God, as revealed through The Holy Qur'an. It teaches the value and the importance of charity, mercy, and peace."
President George W. Bush's Message for Ramadan
November 15, 2001

"This new enemy seeks to destroy our freedom and impose its views. We value life; the terrorists ruthlessly destroy it. We value education; the terrorists do not believe women should be educated or should have health care, or should leave their homes. We value the right to speak our minds; for the terrorists, free expression can be grounds for execution. We respect people of all faiths and welcome the free practice of religion; our enemy wants to dictate how to think and how to worship even to their fellow Muslims."
President George W. Bush Addresses the Nation
World Congress Center, Atlanta, Georgia
November 8, 2001

"All of us here today understand this: We do not fight Islam, we fight against evil."
Remarks by President George W. Bush to the Warsaw Conference on Combating Terrorism
November 6, 2001

"I have assured His Majesty that our war is against evil, not against Islam. There are thousands of Muslims who proudly call themselves Americans, and they know what I know -- that the Muslim faith is based upon peace and love and compassion. The exact opposite of the teachings of the al Qaeda organization, which is based upon evil and hate and destruction."
Remarks by President George W. Bush and His Majesty King Abdullah of Jordan
September 28, 2001

"Americans understand we fight not a religion; ours is not a campaign against the Muslim faith. Ours is a campaign against evil."
President George W. Bush Remarks by the President to Airline Employees
O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, Illinois
September 27, 2001

"The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them."

President George W. Bush's Address to a Joint Session of Congress and the American People
United States Capitol, Washington, D.C.
September 20, 2001

"I've made it clear, Madam President, that the war against terrorism is not a war against Muslims, nor is it a war against Arabs. It's a war against evil people who conduct crimes against innocent people."
Remarks by President George W. Bush and President Megawati of Indonesia
September 19, 2001

"The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don't represent peace. They represent evil and war."
Remarks by the President at Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C.
September 17, 2001

wow, didnt know bout those quotes :D

AvarAllahNoor
12-30-2006, 01:47 AM
He's STOOOOOPID!

snakelegs
12-30-2006, 02:24 AM
i don't hate bush but i hate what has been done on his watch and what has happened to my country.
i think sometimes people mean that when they talk about bush - it is just a convenient way of expressing disagreements with the policies of his administration, which of course, includes him, but is bigger than him.
at the moment i cannot think of one positive thing that has happened since he took office.

islamlover77
12-30-2006, 03:34 AM
Bush just does not know what he is doing. His policies benefit only a small amount of people and cause harm to the rest of the majority.

Erundur
12-30-2006, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jeness18
Hey, I have lost my sense of direction. I haven't been here forever and coming back brings me such joy. I feel like this forum is where I belong because you all truly make me feel important and special. anyway I have noticed something peculiar.

Everyone that I talk to claims to hate Bush. I was wondering why besides the mean names. If you don't good for you, I don't either. But I just don't understand why everyone complains and bickers about hating George W. Bush.

Policies on the economy, patriot act, guantanamo, war on terror, the POW suspect on terror bill, energy conservation, and a few more if I can remember them...

Dawud_uk
12-30-2006, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jeness18

Allah commands us to love and hate for his sake alone, so if i love someone it is for the sake of Allah, knowing Allah loves that action.

but i also hate what Allah hates which is disbelief and oppression, so i hate tyrants like bush.

Abu Abdullah

aamirsaab
12-30-2006, 10:51 AM
I just dislike the fact that he doesn't seem to do his job properly. Here is the one human being who has seemingly unlimited power, yet it is not being used responsibility, it is not being used for the right reasons (by right reasons, I mean for the good of mankind, rather than the profit of mankind).

Though, to be fair, this is a common flaw amongst almost all ruling figures: too much power gets to their heads, leading to loss of control.

FBI
12-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Bush is nothing more then a spokes person for the real leaders who run the show, I hate them even more.

Dawud_uk
12-30-2006, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabiyyah
wow, didnt know bout those quotes :D
actions speak a thousand words, bush's actions speak plenty load enough about his true thoughts on islam and his fight against what he calls an evil idiology.

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
actions speak a thousand words, bush's actions speak plenty load enough about his true thoughts on islam and his fight against what he calls an evil idiology.
I don't pretend to know what he is really thinking, but he says that the evil ideology he speaks of, is what the terrorists put out there. Not most muslims idea of islam.

Skillganon
12-30-2006, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
I don't pretend to know what he is really thinking, but he says that the evil ideology he speaks of, is what the terrorists put out there. Not most muslims idea of islam.
I don't think he know's enough about Islam to make that distinguishment.

In any level one can analyse his actions (Bush admin) and can get a rudimentary confirmation. It is plain to see.

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
I don't think he know's enough about Islam to make that distinguishment.
You might be right. But I don't think you or I know how much he knows. Perhaps he has been educated out of neccessity. Or perhaps he knows nothing.

Dawud_uk
12-30-2006, 11:49 AM
silent observer, he also speaks of fighting an idea of an evil empire from north africa to indonesia.

and even speaks against the establishment of the kalafate, a global islamic state.

well that happens to be part of islam, someone who rebels and rejects the islamic state as part of islam is rejecting the whole of islam and someone who fights against the establishment of an islamic state is fighting islam whether they believe themselves to be or not.

Bittersteel
12-30-2006, 11:54 AM
his flaws:
He is evangelical(I don't hate him for being religious just evangelical)
He makes Bull-in-a-China-shop approach to most problems.
Iraq war,duh.
trying to change people's lifestyle.

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
silent observer, he also speaks of fighting an idea of an evil empire from north africa to indonesia.

and even speaks against the establishment of the kalafate, a global islamic state.

well that happens to be part of islam, someone who rebels and rejects the islamic state as part of islam is rejecting the whole of islam and someone who fights against the establishment of an islamic state is fighting islam whether they believe themselves to be or not.
Well, to be truthful, I too would fight against a global islamic government. I would not obey shariah law. Fortunately that will never be a concern.

Skillganon
12-30-2006, 12:24 PM
We can safely say that what he is trying to promote is definately not Islam, but rather somethings that are anti to Islam. So one can conclude that he is an enemy of Islam as far as his action goes. Actually it is not only muslim opposed to his action but many non-muslims too.

(I really do not think what the bush admin are trying to do is for any benefit mankind but for self-serving prupose.)

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 12:28 PM
We can safely say that what he is trying to promote is definately not Islam, but rather somethings that are anti to Islam. So one can conclude that he is an enemy of Islam as far as his action goes. Actually it is not only muslim opposed to his action but many non-muslims too.

(I really do not think what the bush admin are trying to do is for any benefit mankind but for self-serving prupose.)
He certainly is not looking out for the interests of me in my country. In fact american policy has harmed me economically more than once. It has benefitted me in other ways sometimes.

Dawud_uk
12-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Well, to be truthful, I too would fight against a global islamic government. I would not obey shariah law. Fortunately that will never be a concern.
but this is only to cover the muslim lands, it would not cover western lands.

Muezzin
12-30-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't hate George W Bush. I dislike his policies and leadership. I also don't hate Tony Blair, I'm just extremely ticked off that he seems to be acting like a petulant child, alienating just about everyone on the political spectrum in the process.

worldpolice
12-30-2006, 03:55 PM
First of all who is America or Bush to police the world? As long as he stop policing the world I hate him.

al-fateh
12-30-2006, 04:00 PM
maybe we should ask him

muslimah4life
12-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Salaam

I too hate Bush for the sake of Islam becase he does not like Muslims. He keeps saying that attacking countries such as Iraq and Palestine, is to defeat terrorism but i belive its for the oil as well.

Naheezah
12-30-2006, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah4life
Salaam

I too hate Bush for the sake of Islam becase he does not like Muslims. He keeps saying that attacking countries such as Iraq and Palestine, is to defeat terrorism but i belive its for the oil as well.
u r perfectly ryt!:thumbs_up :)

Keltoi
12-30-2006, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Naheezah
u r perfectly ryt!:thumbs_up :)
When did Bush attack Palestine? Especially since Palestine doesn't exist. George Bush isn't my favorite president, but for all of his flaws I believe history will judge him more kindly than present opinion would indicate. Obviously much of this will depend on Iraq and what it becomes in 10 to 20 years.

Naheezah
12-30-2006, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
When did Bush attack Palestine? Especially since Palestine doesn't exist.
4 ya kaafir palestine doesn't exist:rollseyes
but 4 us muslims palestine does xist!!:statisfie

peace.:statisfie

arabiyyah
12-30-2006, 06:25 PM
He is evangelical(I don't hate him for being religious just evangelical)
ummm... no he aint. he is a united methodist.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...tc/script.html

Keltoi
12-30-2006, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Naheezah
4 ya kaafir palestine doesn't exist:rollseyes
but 4 us muslims palestine does xist!!:statisfie

peace.:statisfie
The question of the existence of Palestine aside, when did Bush attack this place called Palestine?

Dahir
12-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Domestic and Foreign policy. Since I live in the US, its more his Domestic policy that ticks me off:

-Privatizing Health Care (further more)
-Attempting to Privatize Social Security
-Spending 740% more on the Military than Education
-Heavy Taxation, strangely, despite promising lower taxes
-Patriot Act

Its bad enough here, and we don't hate him that much -- I can only imagine what he's done to others with his deranged foreign policy.......+o(

Skillganon
12-30-2006, 10:54 PM
He certainly is not looking out for the interests of me in my country. In fact american policy has harmed me economically more than once. It has benefitted me in other ways sometimes.
I really do not think the people who are in power are their to serve your interest. It is usually you pay the bill for their crime and they cash the check in.
How ever I do not think you have suffered compared to the people on the recieving end, the economical harm is neglible in comparison.
They may extend their hand to you if it serves their interest example will be for political purpose.
To assume one has somekind of control with the goverment is an illusion, (maybe some rudimentary control) thinking that it will stops wrong being perpuatated.

Woodrow
12-30-2006, 11:45 PM
I really do not think the people who are in power are their to serve your interest. It is usually you pay the bill for their crime and they cash the check in.
Quite often that is true

How ever I do not think you have suffered compared to the people on the recieving end, the economical harm is neglible in comparison.
Also true

They may extend their hand to you if it serves their interest example will be for political purpose.
Again usually true

To assume one has somekind of control with the goverment is an illusion, (maybe some rudimentary control) thinking that it will stops wrong being perpuatated.
One of my pet peeves. Actually, we do have considerable control. But, because of general apathy and much laziness. We fail to exercise it. As Americans we are very poor bosses. We forget that the government is hired by us. We are the managers, although not very good ones. We tend to hire politicians on the basis of their physical appearance and not based on qualifications. We hire them and then forget about them until things go bad and only then do we start pointing fingers.
We forget that when we hire a president, it is our responsibility to see that he is doing a good job. We keep making the same mistake of hiring on the basis of who will look good on TV and forget to consider aptitude and integrity.

When we get bad government, it is our own fault. We need to get out of our easy chairs and exercise the powers we have over our government. Sadly too many of us say, "Quite true, I'll do something about it as soon as the ball game is over."

If we tried to run a company in the same manner we try to self govern, we would soon be out of business.

SilentObserver
12-31-2006, 01:38 AM
I get the impression that you think I am an American. I'm not.

AntonK
12-31-2006, 02:00 AM
The arms were acquired from the following;

Soviet Union 61%
France 18%
China 5%
Brazil 4%
Egypt 4%
Sundry 6%

Source

Strangely, I haven't seen anything here yet about the Soviets 'building up' Saddam. Perhaps you might explain why?

Perhaps, as well, it's high time for the Muslim world to stop blaming the behavior of their thug governments on others. The first step to becoming a man is to stand up and take responsibility for your own actions, a step the Islamic world seems incapable of taking...

snakelegs
12-31-2006, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
One of my pet peeves. Actually, we do have considerable control. But, because of general apathy and much laziness. We fail to exercise it. As Americans we are very poor bosses. We forget that the government is hired by us. We are the managers, although not very good ones. We tend to hire politicians on the basis of their physical appearance and not based on qualifications. We hire them and then forget about them until things go bad and only then do we start pointing fingers.
We forget that when we hire a president, it is our responsibility to see that he is doing a good job. We keep making the same mistake of hiring on the basis of who will look good on TV and forget to consider aptitude and integrity.

When we get bad government, it is our own fault. We need to get out of our easy chairs and exercise the powers we have over our government. Sadly too many of us say, "Quite true, I'll do something about it as soon as the ball game is over."

If we tried to run a company in the same manner we try to self govern, we would soon be out of business.
woodrow - i don't agree at all. we do not hire a president and the president does not work for us. he works for the corporate donors - who, by the way, fund both the republicans and the democrats. we are offered a choice that is really not much of a choice at all - the 2 wealthy men picked by corporate interests - to me, it is largely a farce. as long as the choice is no choice, how do we have power or control?
i do not think the people will ever be given any power at the election booth.
i read somewhere the statement that in some country in africa, people confuse elections with democracy - i think that applies here as well.

Ann
12-31-2006, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I do not hate Bush. I just don't think he is serving the American people as our president should. It is as if he has forgotten the President is an employee of the people. We don't work for him he is supposed to work for us.

It is a shame that the process for firing a president takes so long. If the founders of the constitution had foreseen situations like this I believe there would have been a clause for speedier removal of an incompetant or corrupted President.

I dont necessarily think hes an enemy of Islam but I agree with Woodrow...I think the president along with many politicians have forgotten they are here to serve the people not just themselves. Remember the book by George Orwell "1984"? A work of fiction that has an uncanny resemblence to the goverment of today. In it "Big Brother" slowly but effectively took away civil rights all in the name of "protecting the people".( take a closer look at the Patrot Act ). In "1984" news stories were monitored, edited and doctored to ensure that the people heard only what the goverment wanted them to hear (insert Fox news, CNN and other main stream media souces here )...they did this to "ensure peace" but really they were just maintaining thier own upclass privelages. (hmmmmm, isnt that what they said Sadaams reasons for his actions were as well?)

Some interesting videos...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cQWqvNMF3f0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G_FI3NT2ER4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hAX-2jJERLM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mT9el69vcUM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.