/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Hussein Is Executed

mohammed farah
12-30-2006, 04:29 AM
Saddam Hussein was executed by hanging in Baghdad early Saturday, according to news reports, culminating a long saga kicked off when U.S. forces invaded Iraq in April 2003.

An Iraq court earlier this year found the former Iraqi dictator guilty of ordering the killing of 148 Shiites in 1982; an appeals court had recently turned down an appeal.
The execution was protested by human rights organizations that alleged the trial was unfair, but hailed by members of the Shiite and Kurdish populations, which suffered for years under Hussein's brutal rule.

The exact time of the execution was hushed in secrecy, largely because of security concerns, officials said. U.S. forces were put on high alert, and Iraqi officials hinted that the daily curfews here may be extended in anticipation of reprisal violence.

Despite the arrest and trial of Hussein, the insurgency has continued unabated, and sectarian violence between the Sunni and Shiite populations has flared into what some observers have labeled a civil war.

The hanging took place at 6 a.m. Baghdad time, 10 a.m. EST, 3 a.m. GMT

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-30-2006, 05:03 AM
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Alaihi Rajioun...Ameen..
I dont know why anyone would cheer over a persons death. regardless of who it is. that too will be our fate and im certain no one wants to laffed at when they die. Insensitive people..well i can see their reason, but dont laff at it Astaghfirullah.

Al_Imaan
12-30-2006, 05:05 AM
they took more than an hour to confirm it on AlJazeera....and who's been laughing at it...or r u just giving a warning?

mohammed farah
12-30-2006, 05:52 AM
more News
Saddam during his trial Saddam Hussein Executed
Updated: 05:27, Saturday December 30, 2006

Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein has been hanged for crimes against humanity.

The execution took place shortly before 6am local time (3am GMT).

State-run Iraqiya television said: "Criminal Saddam was hanged to death", and played patriotic music, while showing images of national monuments and other landmarks.

The station also reported that Saddam's half-brother Barzan al Tikriti and Awad al Bander, the former chief justice of the Revolutionary Court, were hanged.

However, officials said that only Saddam was hanged and the other two would be executed after the weekend Islamic religious holiday.

It said that a doctor and a camerman were present at the executions.

Saddam's death sentence was carried out in Baghdad following hours of confusion over whether he was to be executed or not.

US troops in Iraq have been put on "high alert" in case the announcement of his death sparked an outbreak of violence.

US President George Bush called the execution an "important milestone" for Iraq.

Barzan al Tikriti British Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett said Saddam had been held to account for some of his crimes.

She added: "The British Government does not support the use of the death penalty, in Iraq or anywhere else. We advocate an end to the death penalty worldwide, regardless of the individual or the crime.

"We have made our position very clear to the Iraqi authorities, but we respect their decision as that of a sovereign nation."

Saddam was sentenced to death by an Iraqi court on November 5 after a trial lasting more than a year.

He was found guilty of ordering the murder of 148 people in the village of Dujail following a failed assassination attempt against him in 1982.

The Iraqi government had made it clear it wanted the sentence carried out as quickly as possible, even though Saddam faced a series of other charges.

Saddam was captured in December 2003, nine months after a US-led coalition invaded Iraq.

His lawyers made a last-ditch legal bid in Washington DC to prevent him being handed over to Iraqi authorities for execution. However, the judge turned down the request.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mohammed farah
12-30-2006, 05:55 AM
he took a quran with him, and his last words were there is no god but god and muhammed is his prophet

mohammed farah
12-30-2006, 05:59 AM
Afganistan and iraq have been attacked by the americans i wonder who would be next ,hint hint ( iran).

Naheezah
12-30-2006, 06:19 AM
To Allah(swt) we blong and to him is our return.May Allah(swt) forgive him.Ameen

united
12-30-2006, 06:38 AM
I heard the rumours yesterday but isnt it so macabre and morbid to execute on some peoples Eid day?
Yes i agree he had sinned and deserved to be executed but this went a bit too far.

mohammed farah
12-30-2006, 06:46 AM
the one thing that irratates me is that why excute him on the day of eid. the so called muslim govermant of iraq ( puppets to america) should be ashamed for not delaying it and allowing the excution on one of the most holiest day of the muslim calender. even the saudi govermant doesnt excute anyone on eid.

united
12-30-2006, 06:48 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16389128/?GT1=8816
ESP
National security adviser Mouwafak al-Rubaie told state-run Iraqiya TV that only Saddam was executed Saturday. "We wanted him to be executed on a special day," he said.

Sanobar
12-30-2006, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
he took a quran with him, and his last words were there is no god but god and muhammed is his prophet
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

innal lahi wainna ilaihi raajioon!

may Allah swt forgive all his sins.. and grant him jannah! Ameen!

Ps: they[ the americans] shdnt have dome it today:cry:

Sanobar
12-30-2006, 06:49 AM
the one thing that irratates me is that why excute him on the day of eid. the so called muslim govermant of iraq ( puppets to america) should be ashamed for not delaying it and allowing the excution on one of the most holiest day of the muslim calender. even the saudi govermant doesnt excute anyone on eid.
exactly what i was thinkin.. they really shudnt hav done it today!

Dahir
12-30-2006, 07:10 AM
I think his worst crime is his secularization of Iraq.

He pushed a Muslim nation further down a dangerous secular path, even leading them to war with their Muslim neighbors.

Saddam also punished many religious figures as a warning for them to stay out of politics; and after his arrest, they emerged out of the shadows with vengeful ferociousness; leading their country into civil unrest.

Saddam is a criminal in more angles than ever imaginable. +o(

amirah_87
12-30-2006, 08:36 AM
^ Khalaas man, he's dead! How do we know he did'nt repent! :heated:

He is our Muslim brother, and everyone does make mistakes (not that i'm rooting for his criminal acts or anything, No!)

Anyways Innaa Lillaah Wa Innaa Ilayhi Raa'jiuun, May Allah Forgive Him! :cry:

exactly what i was thinkin.. they really shudnt hav done it today!
Same here! :-\

duskiness
12-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Justice was done. Wasn't it?? :?
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him....In the end we are all in the need of His marcy

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 08:37 AM
the one thing that irratates me is that why excute him on the day of eid.
Sadaam was executed on Saturday. Eid is not until Sunday in Iraq.

The government of Iraq does not execute prisoners during Eid, it is against the Iraqi constitution.

Idris
12-30-2006, 08:52 AM
"We have made our position very clear to the Iraqi authorities, but we respect their decision as that of a sovereign nation."
They don't respect no muslim.

As to him been a muslim only Allah knows.:X
But one thing we can be sure of is that the americas(west) bought him a long time ago and now his sell-by date has expired.Now they have new puppets

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Idris
Do you bother to read the other posts before you post?

The government of Iraq does not execute prisoners during Eid, it is against the Iraqi constitution.

Abdul-Raouf
12-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Inna Lillahi waInna ilayhi Raji'oon.
May Allah forgive him.

smartcard
12-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Inna Lillahi waInna ilayhi Raji'oon. May Allah forgive him.

First of all Eid Mubark to you all.

It is sad to see that once again our Islamic values are mistreated by executing Saddam on this holy day, well you or me think that we may not do much, but download and listen to this speech http://Urlcut.net/download story of four cows.

Our stand should be that Saddam can get death penalty for what he did, but it should not happen on this Eid day, and it should also not happen as per Americans influence or command.

Salaam

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by smartcard
Inna Lillahi waInna ilayhi Raji'oon. May Allah forgive him.

First of all Eid Mubark to you all.

It is sad to see that once again our Islamic values are mistreated by executing Saddam on this holy day, well you or me think that we may not do much, but download and listen to this speech http://Urlcut.net/download story of four cows.

Our stand should be that Saddam can get death penalty for what he did, but it should not happen on this Eid day, and it should also not happen as per Americans influence or command.

Salaam
Are you kidding me? You must be just messing around.

Malaikah
12-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Why? What did he say other than it shouldn't have happened on eid? I don't see what is so bad about that?

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Why? What did he say other than it shouldn't have happened on eid? I don't see what is so bad about that?
I've just realized sadly, that noone bothers to read the other posts in the thread before posting.

Malaikah
12-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Number one. It is eid in other places of the world. My families eid was ruined (well for the elders anyway) because it was this news that everyone was thinking about, all glued to the news channels, not the stuff we normally think about on eid.

Number two, so what?! One day before eid is just as bad.

FBI
12-30-2006, 09:39 AM
:sl:

Lets not forget his crimes people, also lets not forget that Firawn also attempted to utter the shahada but it wasn't expected of him because he two was a dictator, I don't want to speak ill of the dead but lets not forget the suffering of the iraqis, sadly I don't have sympathy for him beauce I feel he had it comming, anyway he'll soon see what he has put forth.

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Number one. It is eid in other places of the world. My families eid was ruined (well for the elders anyway) because it was this news that everyone was thinking about, all glued to the news channels, not the stuff we normally think about on eid.

Secondly, so what?! One day before eid is just as bad.
I am sure that the Iraqi government is more concerned with Eid in Iraq not in Australia.
One day before eid is just as bad.
Oh come on now. Let's be serious. But let's say for a moment that it is just as bad, how many days before, or for that matter after, would be ok?

England
12-30-2006, 09:42 AM
He doesn't deserve God's forgiveness. Saddam deserves to rot in hell, I hope he does.

smartcard
12-30-2006, 09:43 AM
SilentObserver, you are the one kidding without knowing the fact. Today it is Eid in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere in th Middle East.

FBI
12-30-2006, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
He doesn't deserve God's forgiveness. Saddam deserves to rot in hell, I hope he does.
That's for god to decide.

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by smartcard
SilentObserver, you are the one kidding without knowing the fact. Today it is Eid in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere in th Middle East.
I'm sorry, you are incorrect. The new moon cannot be seen soon enough in Iraq, making Dec 31 the day that Eid lands on in Iraq in 2006.

seeker_of_ilm
12-30-2006, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
I am sure that the Iraqi government is more concerned with Eid in Iraq not in Australia.
Oh come on now. Let's be serious. But let's say for a moment that it is just as bad, how many days before, or for that matter after, would be ok?
I think you'll find you are mistaken, I've read on numerous news sources, that the Sunni Iraqis are celebrating Eid Ul Adha from Saturday it is the Shiites that are celebrating from Sunday

Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Peace

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
I think you'll find you are mistaken, I've read on numerous news sources, that the Sunni Iraqis are celebrating Eid Ul Adha fromSaturday it is the Shiites that are Celebrating from Sunday

Peace
Do the Shiites and Sunnis mark the day differently? Do the Shiites use something other than the sighting of the new moon?

And to keep it on topic, I'll add that either way, Iraq is a majority Shia population. So the holiday is officially Sunday.

Skillganon
12-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Only if they can do the same with the UK mp's Prime-ministers and the bush administration for not so different crimes to humanity.

FBI
12-30-2006, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Only if they can do the same with the UK mp's Prime-ministers and the bush administration for not so different crimes to humanity.

Inshallah bro :D

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
It seems like you are answering a question, only it is not clear which question you are answering. Are you speaking directly to someone? I don't understand.

seeker_of_ilm
12-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Do the Shiites and Sunnis mark the day differently? Do the Shiites use something other than the sighting of the new moon?

And to keep it on topic, I'll add that either way, Iraq is a majority Shia population. So the holiday is officially Sunday.
Well even so, out of 25,292,659 or so Muslim Iraqi's, assuming the 60%-40% ratio of Shia to Sunni is correct, there is still 10,117,063 or so Sunni Iraqis celebrating Eid ul Adha today, that is still a very large amount that IS celebrating it. Is Iraq a country that simply caters for Shia needs? Or both Sunni and Shia?

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
Well even so, out of 25,292,659 or so Muslim Iraqi's, assuming the 60%-40% ratio of Shia to Sunni is correct, there is still 10,117,063 or so Sunni Iraqis celebrating Eid ul Adha today, that is still a very large amount that IS celebrating it. Is Iraq a country that simply caters for Shia needs? Or both Sunni and Shia?
I am saying, the offical day is Sunday. Why do shia and sunni celebrate on different days? Unless someone provides some resonable answer, I can only assume it is not true.

Here, I found a source for you;
Iraq » Public Holidays
Below are listed Public Holidays for the January 2006-June 2007 period.
Jan 1 2006 New Year’s Day. Jan 6 Army Day. Jan 10 Eid al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice). Jan 31 Islamic New Year. Feb 8 Ramadan Revolution. Feb 9 Ashoura. Apr 11 Mouloud (Birth of the Prophet Muhammad). Apr 17 FAO Day. May 1 Labour Day. Jul 14 National Day. Jul 17 Republic Day. Aug 8 Ceasefire Day (End of Iran-Iraq War). Oct 22-24 Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan). Dec 31 Eid al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice).
Jan 1 2007 New Year's Day. Jan 6 Army Day. Jan 20 Islamic New Year. Jan 30 Ashoura. Feb 8 Ramadan Revolution. Mar 31 Mouloud (Birth of the Prophet Muhammad). Apr 17 FAO Day. May 1 Labour Day.

http://www.ameinfo.com/iraq_public_holidays/

worldpolice
12-30-2006, 10:17 AM
By executing Saddam Hussein on this festival day America and the West is not trying to prove that they bring democracy to Iraq, but they are sending a message to every other Muslim nations that even if you are their friend (today/now) don't play around (mess) with Israel (and America) by supporting Palestine.

Today it is Iraq and Saddam, tomorrow it can be another Gulf nation or its leader. This exaction is a slap on the face of all the Arabs and its leaders.

In reality, it is George Bush who should have been hanged on the X'mas day for what he did to the Iraq and its people, Iraq today is suffering more then what they faced during Saddam.

This trial and execution is more political than justice! and whoever did this will definitely realize it time to come.

Zulkiflim
12-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Salaam,

I sincerely hope before the end he do repent of his sins and seek forgiveness from Allah.

In the end it is Allah who judges,we of man,a of man are too biased,too swayed by the media to judge.

So dont judge,pity his lost life and pray for him.

Inshallah..

Justice comes in this world better than the next,for then the entrance to hell and the torture within is million times more unbearable...

Zulkiflim
12-30-2006, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by worldpolice
By executing Saddam Hussein on this festival day America and the West is not trying to prove that they bring democracy to Iraq, but they are sending a message to every other Muslim nations that even if you are their friend (today/now) don't play around (mess) with Israel (and America) by supporting Palestine.

Today it is Iraq and Saddam, tomorrow it can be another Gulf nation or its leader. This exaction is a slap on the face of all the Arabs and its leaders.

In reality, it is George Bush who should have been hanged on the X'mas day for what he did to the Iraq and its people, Iraq today is suffering more then what they faced during Saddam.

This trial and execution is more political than justice! and whoever did this will definitely realize it time to come.
Salaam,

Dont worry each man shall receive their due,casue even tho the man seems to get away from justice,at every step he places one step into hell.

It is best to suffer the sin of your past now than in hell.

Inshallah,be not those of no faith,believe that each man is but a man who will get their due as in ALLAH sight.

SilentObserver
12-30-2006, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

I sincerely hope before the end he do repent of his sins and seek forgiveness from Allah.

In the end it is Allah who judges,we of man,a of man are too biased,too swayed by the media to judge.

So dont judge,pity his lost life and pray for him.

Inshallah..

Justice comes in this world better than the next,for then the entrance to hell and the torture within is million times more unbearable...
(psst......hey buddy......psst!... over here!.. Eid is not until Sunday in Iraq.)

Zone Maker
12-30-2006, 10:24 AM
For everyone who is saying that justice is served did you even see the trial? What a joke.
:w:

seeker_of_ilm
12-30-2006, 10:39 AM
I am saying, the offical day is Sunday. Why do shia and sunni celebrate on different days? Unless someone provides some resonable answer, I can only assume it is not true.

Here, I found a source for you;
Iraq » Public Holidays
Below are listed Public Holidays for the January 2006-June 2007 period.
Jan 1 2006 New Year’s Day. Jan 6 Army Day. Jan 10 Eid al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice). Jan 31 Islamic New Year. Feb 8 Ramadan Revolution. Feb 9 Ashoura. Apr 11 Mouloud (Birth of the Prophet Muhammad). Apr 17 FAO Day. May 1 Labour Day. Jul 14 National Day. Jul 17 Republic Day. Aug 8 Ceasefire Day (End of Iran-Iraq War). Oct 22-24 Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan). Dec 31 Eid al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice).
Jan 1 2007 New Year's Day. Jan 6 Army Day. Jan 20 Islamic New Year. Jan 30 Ashoura. Feb 8 Ramadan Revolution. Mar 31 Mouloud (Birth of the Prophet Muhammad). Apr 17 FAO Day. May 1 Labour Day.

http://www.ameinfo.com/iraq_public_holidays/

Here are but a few sources:

He was executed on the day Sunni Muslims, of which Saddam was a member, celebrate the Islamic festival of Eid al-Adha.
Source

He was executed about 6 a.m. on the day Sunni Muslims like Hussein celebrate the Islamic festival of Eid al-Adha, Iraqi and American officials said.
Source

He was executed on the day Sunni Muslims, of which Hussein was a member, celebrate the Islamic festival of Eid al-Adha
Source

For Sunni Muslims, the Eid al-Adha, the Festival of the Sacrifice, was scheduled to begin today. Shiites begin the observance on Sunday.
Source

Regarding the Issue of Eid being celebrated on different days, this issue stems, from disagreements regarding the Islamic calendar, it is a difference of opinion. Simple.

Trumble
12-30-2006, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by worldpolice
By executing Saddam Hussein on this festival day America and the West..
It is not 'America and the West' that executed him, or chose when. It was the government elected by the people who suffered most from his crimes.

.. is not trying to prove that they bring democracy to Iraq, but they are sending a message to every other Muslim nations that even if you are their friend (today/now) don't play around (mess) with Israel (and America) by supporting Palestine.
Ah, so now Saddam had to go because he was the leading light in Arab and Islamic 'support' for the Palestinians?! I've heard of revisionist history, but that's just ridiculous. Just as with the Egyptians, Syrians and Jordanians the Palestinians were an embarrassing problem Saddam wanted nothing to do with. That said, perhaps I am being unfair - maybe he was just too busy killing Iranians, Quwaitis, Kurds and Sh'ia to spare them any of his valuable time. None of the relatives of those dead are complaining about 'kangaroo courts' and 'more political than justice'.

Are you seriously claiming Saddam was anything but guilty in relation to mass murder? What you, or I, may think of Bush and Blair isn't relevant to Saddam's guilt. I am personally opposed to the death penalty anywhere, for anybody (including Saddam), but if there was one person I would make an exception for it would be him.

worldpolice
12-30-2006, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Ah, so now Saddam had to go because he was the leading light in Arab and Islamic 'support' for the Palestinians?! I've heard of revisionist history, but that's just ridiculous. Just as with the Egyptians, Syrians and Jordanians the Palestinians were an embarrassing problem Saddam wanted nothing to do with. That said, perhaps I am being unfair - maybe he was just too busy killing Iranians, Quwaitis, Kurds and Sh'ia to spare them any of his valuable time. None of the relatives of those dead are complaining about 'kangaroo courts' and 'more political than justice'.
Who groomed Saddam? It is America's training what made Saddam who was.

FBI
12-30-2006, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
It is not 'America and the West' that executed him, or chose when. It was the government elected by the people who suffered most from his crimes.

Are you seriously claiming Saddam was anything but guilty in relation to mass murder? What you, or I, may think of Bush and Blair isn't relevant to Saddam's guilt. I am personally opposed to the death penalty anywhere, for anybody (including Saddam), but if there was one person I would make an exception for it would be him.
I agree with most of what you said, there is no room for dictators weather muslim or not it's just a shame that we muslims allowed him to carry out those actions.

aamirsaab
12-30-2006, 11:07 AM
This thread is already causing mayhem and will continue to do so.

Thread locked.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.