/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam's Answers to World Problems

Lawerence
12-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Hello,

I am not a religious person, however I am interested in religion and I am investigating religion comaparitively.

My question for anyone who is interested in replying is: What is Islam's answers to the problems the world is facing today?

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Hey Lawerence. :)

Praise be to God [Allaah] who created one man, and from this man his spouse, and from them both He created many men and women to test us in this worldly life to see if we would turn to Him [God] in obedience. In the end we will all be brought back and judged on all that we did. The one's who submitted to God in this world will be rewarded with an eternal paradise, and those who rejected the signs and messengers of their Lord will be punished because of their own wrongdoings.

Theres many issues going on in the world today, and because they go into alot of detail i feel that i should link you to alot of the misunderstandings people hear about our faith.

The first issue is Jihaad and how people claim it to be a 'holy war' when in reality this isn't the case. The word jihaad linguistically means to strive/struggle ones utmost, and yes - this does include fighting. However, this is legislated upon the believers by God because it would be unjust if the muslims were to get attacked and not have a right to defend themselves.

You can read about Jihaad more from here:

Jihad & Warfare
http://www.islamtoday.net/english/sh...5&sub_cat_id=0

Islaam is totally against harming the environment:
Islam and the Environment

http://www.islamawareness.net/Nature/environment.html

The other issues include faith. People need spirituality in their lives, they need a greater purpose than to just hoard up wealth and then simply die. Mankind is created for a purpose and this purpose is to obey the Creator over the creation.

Let's start off with the fact that the majority of the world believes in a God, or 'Higher being.' The difference between islaam and all other faiths is that instead of just recognising that there is a God, we believe that the Creator created us with the purpose of submitting to Him, worshipping Him alone sincerely without any associates.

These associates can be stone idols, it can be humans (or human legislations) it can be a person's desires etc.

Islaam call's to the worship of God, known as Allaah in arabic. If you're confused about why God is Allaah in arabic, realise that people from spain call God - Dios, the french call God - Dieu etc. Therefore we call God, Allaah in arabic.

Allaah has sent messengers to convey the same message of calling to the worship of God since the beginning of time, since Adam (peace be upon him) the first person to ever live. All the messengers came to call to Allaah's worship, and this is the purpose of our creation - to worship Allaah, without no associates, so no idols, no humans, no law which opposes the law which Allaah has revealed to His messengers.

We as muslims believe that Noah, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad (peace be upon them all) were prophets. There have been a total of 124,000 prophets that have come to mankind to call to the worship of Allaah Alone. However, the majority of mankind has fallen astray, because they do believe in a Creator, but they reject the fact that He should be worshipped alone.

If the world was to submit to the Creator, the world would be a much safer place. There would be less crimes, harm etc. This is because everyone would actually fear disobeying their Creator because He is watching over them, even if no other person is. If people are conscious of Allaah, they will fear to disobey Him, and if they do any good - even if no human is watching - they still feel a sense of joy and pleasure for doing it for the sake of their Creator, their Lord the All Knowing, All Aware.

Any deeds we do, we do them sincerely to gain Allaah's Mercy, and if we gain it - we will enter the eternal paradise which all the prophets have called to also. However, if someone rejects the worship of the One God - without any associates, they will be punished in the hellfire. This is the only sin which God does not forgive, why should He, if the person is saying that a stone is God? Or a human is God etc.

We all will die and be raised back on the day of recompense, when Allaah/God will judge between us on all that we did. No-one will be judged unfairly because Allaah is the Most Just. Allaah can bring the dead back to life, the same way He brings the dead land back to life by sending down rain.

If you feel that God is being unfair to His servants by punishing those that associate partners with Him, then the justice for this will also be balanced out. Allaah will ask those who associated partners with Him to ask the one's they worshipped for reward. So if someone worshipped a stone idol, they will ask that for recompense on the day of judgement (obviously the stone won't be able to do anything.) If someone worships a human, even if the human is pious, the person will have to get their reward from this human [but obviously everything is dependant on the Creator.] The one's who worshipped God Alone, sincerely without no associates - they will be rewarded by Allaah, the Exhalted with an eternal paradise where they can have all that they desire, and more.

If anyone feels that it is unjust, then they have to stop being unjust to their own Creator. If Allaah created man so he should worship Him, then why worship the stone idol, or why worship a human when you can turn towards your Creator?

Those who died in a state of submission to the Creator will be rewarded in the real life of paradise, and those who reject their Lord and His signs, then they are liable for His punishment. We seek refuge in Allaah from that. And Allaah is the source of strength.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

zircon
12-31-2006, 07:16 PM
Salam,
just something i've got in my mind..

Relationship in islam consists of 3:

1. with the Creator (Allah)
2. with other human
3. with nature
as caliphs, we are obliged to establish peace in these relationships. By this mean, many problems could be settled.

Another thing,
from my opinion, we are facing a lot of problems nowadays because most ppl are following their own desire instead of following Allah's commandment. For example, just because some ppl think homosexuality is ok, they fight for that 'right' and unfortunately, marriage with the same gender is now accepted and stated legal in some places; whereas this act is really not ok. At the other hand, being occupied by greed, and being the slave of money etc cost us the lack of morality and humanity. the only way to solve these is for all of us to find the right path then stick to it. This right path must be a complete, guided way of life and covers all aspects in it. from the day we wake up, till the night where we close our eyes. As muslims, we open our daily life with du'a and subuh prayer, then lock it with prayer too. In fact, praying 5 times a day is indeed a big help for us to remember Allah and His commandments. At the same time, it reminds us that we are mere slave, we are a passer-by in this world which will come to its end..and that everything we have is amanah (entrusted by Allah) that should be dealt with the best way.

May Allah guides us all..
p/s: pls correct me if i've ever said anything wrong

root
01-02-2007, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zircon
Salam,
just something i've got in my mind..

Relationship in islam consists of 3:

1. with the Creator (Allah)
2. with other human
3. with nature
as caliphs, we are obliged to establish peace in these relationships. By this mean, many problems could be settled.

Another thing,
from my opinion, we are facing a lot of problems nowadays because most ppl are following their own desire instead of following Allah's commandment. For example, just because some ppl think homosexuality is ok, they fight for that 'right' and unfortunately, marriage with the same gender is now accepted and stated legal in some places; whereas this act is really not ok.
EDIT if God created perfection and was so against homosexuality why did he create over 450 homosexual practicing species?

At the other hand, being occupied by greed, and being the slave of money etc cost us the lack of morality and humanity
Who exactly are the "us" you refer to, it sure is not me nor many people I know

the only way to solve these is for all of us to find the right path then stick to it. This right path must be a complete, guided way of life and covers all aspects in it. from the day we wake up, till the night where we close our eyes. As muslims, we open our daily life with du'a and subuh prayer, then lock it with prayer too. In fact, praying 5 times a day is indeed a big help for us to remember Allah and His commandments. At the same time, it reminds us that we are mere slave, we are a passer-by in this world which will come to its end..and that everything we have is amanah (entrusted by Allah) that should be dealt with the best way.
May Allah guides us all..
p/s: pls correct me if i've ever said anything wrong

:-)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FBI
01-02-2007, 09:03 PM
:sl:

homosexual practicing species?
You comparing humans to animals now? We have something called intellect that's why we can judge right from wrong.

skhalid
01-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Islam can only look at the situation and pray to God to save them all from this destruction...Only He has the answer...we have to count on Him for everything that occurs in life....so we have to keep our head high above the water.....be proud of who we are...watevr any1 else finks is only their opinion...and God knows all and will give His people as much power to get over this jeopardy.

FBI
01-02-2007, 10:15 PM

Islam can only look at the situation and pray to God to save them all from this destruction...Only He has the answer...we have to count on Him for everything that occurs in life
This isn't correct sis and goes against the idea of tawakul, islam is a practacle religion and it has the solutions, we need to physicly make changes if we want victory.

skhalid
01-02-2007, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

This isn't correct sis and goes against the idea of tawakul, islam is a practacle religion and it has the solutions, we need to physicly make changes if we want victory.
I KNOW THAT.....but it depends on the situation, if u act in such a state...u might not b successful...tyme is needed in this...dnt let ppl tell u dat time heals all wounds...that is partly true but not exactly rite!!!

root
01-02-2007, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

You comparing humans to animals now? We have something called intellect that's why we can judge right from wrong.
Need I say anymore:

FBI
01-02-2007, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Need I say anymore:

Actually you do

- Qatada -
01-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi root.

The people who are sincere in islaam actually humble themselves and put themselves low so that they don't fall into kibr (thinking of themselves better than others.) Because the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said that anyone who has an atoms weight of kibr in their heart will not enter paradise. Therefore we have to strive to remove this feeling from our hearts as much as possible.

So no, we don't believe in the 'holier than thou' approach because it is our aim to call someone to islaam in a state of humbleness. And only Allaah can judge on whether we are pious or not.

Qur'an 25:63. And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.

Peace!

root
01-02-2007, 10:39 PM
I think the image doeas speak for itself, and expresses everything that needs to be said. OK, so you consider humans to be seperate from the animal kingdom and god's special creation despite the overwhelming scientific data available to us.

PS - My image was removed by the mod's. Perhaps, they don't want you to see the "alternative view". I find it totally at odd's that this forum is hosted in the US which allows you freedom of speech and then censors an innocent caracature of a few apes.

:-)

PPS - Now my image is back.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-03-2007, 03:56 AM
umm its still there :X

Malaikah
01-03-2007, 04:03 AM
I think the image doeas speak for itself, and expresses everything that needs to be said. OK, so you consider humans to be seperate from the animal kingdom and god's special creation despite the overwhelming scientific data available to us.
Both humans and animals will be judged on the Day of Judgement. Humans will then enter either Paradise or Hell. Animals will turn to dust and cease to exist.

Just because we are both made of flesh and cells and what ever, doesn't mean we were made for the same purpose.

Scientifically speaking, we are similar to dirt, since we are all made of atoms. Do you want to start comparing us to dirt now? :D

Pygoscelis
01-03-2007, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Both humans and animals will be judged on the Day of Judgement.
Animals will turn to dust and cease to exist.
All of them will? Then what is the point of judging them?

Pygoscelis
01-03-2007, 04:38 AM
I think the catoon speaks volumes.

Religionists used to beleive that the entire universe revolved around them and their struggle for immortality. Now they know the earth goes round the sun (oh my goodness that must have been such heresy when proposed (indeed it was)). They still claim we humans to be the most important things in the universe, and the core interest of the creator of the cosmos. The irony is that many of them will then turn around and tell you about their humility.

Malaikah
01-03-2007, 05:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
All of them will? Then what is the point of judging them?
It is for completion and for justice. Every single matter that happened on earth will be brought before Allah to be judged, and all matters will be settled, even the matters between the animals. Complete justice. Then when everything is completed, the animals will be turned to dust.

(On a side note at that point, the evil people and disbelievers will see the animals being destroyed and wish that they were animals themselves and destroyed)

rav
01-03-2007, 05:15 AM
They still claim we humans to be the most important things in the universe, and the core interest of the creator of the cosmos.
Could you tell me where you find those claims in religious scripture?

The irony is that many of them will then turn around and tell you about their humility.
Humility? Of course, is there anything but humility that you can hold when you recognize a G-d, being infinitely superior to you?

Then when everything is completed, the animals will be turned to dust.
Ironic, why would G-d settle all of the animals problems and then consequently turn them into dust for the plain and simple reason of acquiring justice? Is turning them all into dust also part of this "justice"?

Malaikah
01-03-2007, 05:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rav
Ironic, why would G-d settle all of the animals problems and then consequently turn them into dust for the plain and simple reason of acquiring justice?
Because God is Just.

Justice has to be established. Why should Allah wrong anyone? Even if they are just animals?

It demonstrates a sense of completion, complete justice to the extent that even animals will be brought to Justice. It is also a good lesson to humans, to realize that their Lord is indeed just and that they should know that if He even deals justly animals even though they are going to be turned to dust, then how will His justice he to us?

It is also a sort of torment to he disbeliever on the Day of Judgment:

It was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that he said: “Allaah will judge between His creation, jinn, men and animals. On that Day, Allaah will let the hornless animal settle its score with the horned until, when there is nothing left to be settled, Allaah will say to them, ‘Be dust.’ At that point the kaafir will say, ‘Would that I were dust.’

This really isn't a major point that needs to be analysed in such depth. Allah, by His Wisdom and Justice, choose to settle the scores between the animals, and we have no right to question that.

Is turning them all into dust also part of this "justice"?
They are turned to dust because that is their fate.

rav
01-03-2007, 06:01 AM
Justice has to be established. Why should Allah wrong anyone? Even if they are just animals?
So you believe turing something into dust when they have done nothing and were possibly the rightous of animals is not wronging anyone? Interesting.

Malaikah
01-03-2007, 06:03 AM
LOL! They were never created to live forever. They were created for us.

rav
01-03-2007, 06:07 AM
LOL! They were never created to live forever. They were created for us.
Alright, just trying to find the islamic view on this situation. So what happens when something is turned to dust, there soul is obliterated? Does the animal become exactly what an atheist believes he will become after death? Nothing.

Malaikah
01-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Pretty much- they no longer exist.

What happens to animals in your religion?

(I think we are so of topic:hiding:)

- Qatada -
01-03-2007, 01:24 PM
The animals are in this world as a form of test for us, so the guy in the street who kicks a cat in the face will be judged, and the cat will be a witness to what the guy did.

So having the animals there will be a proof instead of simply stating that this person did so and so. For instance we know from a hadith that a woman will go to hellfire because she tied up a cat and never allowed it to eat anything until it starved to death. Whereas we see that a sinning man gave water to a thirsty dog who was about to die, and because of this Allaah forgave him his sins.

Peace.

rav
01-03-2007, 01:40 PM
The animals are in this world as a form of test for us, so the guy in the street who kicks a cat in the face will be judged, and the cat will be a witness to what the guy did.

So having the animals there will be a proof instead of simply stating that this person did so and so.
Doesn't G-d see and know all? Why is their a need for animals to state what the person did? Even better... what if the animal is a bad animal and lies to get somone in trouble?!? :rollseyes

- Qatada -
01-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Doesn't G-d see and know all? Why is their a need for animals to state what the person did? Even better... what if the animal is a bad animal and lies to get somone in trouble?!? :rollseyes

Yeah well why doesn't God just send us to hellfire or paradise without this world? It's because we're witnesses to what we did, even though Allaah knows all. We're proof against ourselves, and the animal would actually fear to lie against Allaah.

Peace.

rav
01-03-2007, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Yeah well why doesn't God just send us to hellfire or paradise without this world? It's because we're witnesses to what we did, even though Allaah knows all. We're proof against ourselves, and the animal would actually fear to lie against Allaah.

Peace.
Alright, if its your belief you go with it. :X

So just to be clear, animals in your opinion have no worth and were only created to be a witness of the actions of humans and then to be turned into dust, there existance and soul obliterated.

Pygoscelis
01-03-2007, 02:59 PM
I suddendly feel compelled to spend some quality time with nature. And to hug my dog.

- Qatada -
01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Alright, if its your belief you go with it. :X

So just to be clear, animals in your opinion have no worth and were only created to be a witness of the actions of humans and then to be turned into dust, there existance and soul obliterated.

Animals are actually more safer than mankind and jinn because they don't have to be punished in the hellfire, compared to those who reject Allaah and His signs.

Anyway, i would think that you would believe in the resurrection due to the fact that you're a person of the scripture.

Peace.

rav
01-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Animals are actually more safer than mankind and jinn because they don't have to be punished in the hellfire, compared to those who reject Allaah and His signs.
So being no longer existant is better? Okay.

Anyway, i would think that you would believe in the resurrection due to the fact that you're a person of the scripture.
I am not stating my beliefs, just challenging yours, to try and get the correct opinion.

- Qatada -
01-03-2007, 04:43 PM
So being no longer existant is better? Okay.

I would rather be something which would simply die than be punished in hellfire forever.

I am not stating my beliefs, just challenging yours, to try and get the correct opinion.

Okay, thanks for your clarification.

Peace.

root
01-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Both humans and animals will be judged on the Day of Judgement. Humans will then enter either Paradise or Hell. Animals will turn to dust and cease to exist.

Removed by Woodrow

Just because we are both made of flesh and cells and what ever, doesn't mean we were made for the same purpose.
Assuming we was indeed "made" in the first place, how could a God ever control evolution of differing species.

Scientifically speaking, we are similar to dirt, since we are all made of atoms. Do you want to start comparing us to dirt now? :D
Of course, dirt (and I assume you believe in creation from clay) has no DNA Molecules so I would consider that a massive disadvantage to the dirt. You are free to compare the DNA between a chimp and a human, and additionally between a Human and Human! since you would clearly not be genetically matched to me. (for a start I am slightly bolded, blue eyes and tall) ;-)

- Qatada -
01-03-2007, 07:16 PM
You think Allaah can't understand His own creation?

Assuming we was indeed "made" in the first place, how could a God ever control evolution of differing species.

Allaah allows animals to breed, that's why we see animals like ligers etc.

Of course, dirt (and I assume you believe in creation from clay) has no DNA Molecules so I would consider that a massive disadvantage to the dirt. You are free to compare the DNA between a chimp and a human, and additionally between a Human and Human! since you would clearly not be genetically matched to me. (for a start I am slightly bolded, blue eyes and tall) ;-)

We believe in a soul aswell, what's the difference between a dead person and someone who's alive? The soul is removed from the body, so its as simple as that.

Peace.

skhalid
01-03-2007, 07:27 PM
How can any1 judge animals...wen they are part of the same group anyways
We were all created by God....even though each animal has different forms and abilities!!!

root
01-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Firstly, why am I being subjected to so much censorship, what is the point in debating when the "opposition" cannot have a free say.

skhalid - You think Allaah can't understand His own creation?
You think he can. You have no proof of this, you have no evidence whatsoever to support your position of a creation so what is the point. Who am I to pull the rug from under your blind faith belief.

skhalid - How can any1 judge animals...wen they are part of the same group anyways
We were all created by God....even though each animal has different forms and abilities!!!
Same as above, but hey. Why even respond when you know that I (a kuffr) amd subject to censorship........

Fi_Sabilillah - Allaah allows animals to breed, that's why we see animals like ligers etc
OK, new species comes into a territory and starts killing all the local food, local food evolves by growing bigger legs to run faster (and remember I can prove this, unlike anything you have said to me which is pure sky-god stuff). How could Allah know they would develop bigger legs! (I am really interested in your answer)

Allah knows best is not an answer, it merely tells me "YOU" don't know.

We believe in a soul aswell, what's the difference between a dead person and someone who's alive? The soul is removed from the body, so its as simple as that.
One can believe in a flying teapot orbiting somewhere between the earth and mars, a pink elaphent or even the spaghetti monster. What has truth got to do with belief. Do we not deserve as a species to learn the truth instead of defending old wives tales of various sky-gods.

How can Islam be any answer when it seeks to deny the truth

skhalid
01-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Excuse me...I dnt mean to be rude...but Humans are animals lol
We are animals...in a group called mammals...sowen u say Humans and Animals...u are separating yourself from the group we all belong to!!!

root
01-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Excuse me...I dnt mean to be rude...but Humans are animals lol
We are animals...in a group called mammals...sowen u say Humans and Animals...u are separating yourself from the group we all belong to!!!
Who is tht refrenced to, can you use a quote!

Pygoscelis
01-03-2007, 08:05 PM
I for one am proud to be a mammal. And I see no shame in belonging to the same classification as my dog.

Fishman
01-03-2007, 08:32 PM
OK, so you consider humans to be seperate from the animal kingdom and god's special creation despite the overwhelming scientific data available to us.
Yes, basically. It's not scientific, and people are wrong if they claim it to be. many things in this world are not scientific. An important French scientist said that, although it can be true, the statement 'I had toast for breakfast' is not scientific. It is something you have to be a Muslim to accept. It's faith based. Muslims believe that apemen and humans are like unicycles and bicycles: they are similar, but not decended from each other. I believe humans are basically God (swt)'s improvement on apes, like how a bicycle is an improvement on a unicycle.

BTW, the data does not say that humans are not special creations, it says that there were ape-men before men, which does not disprove anything other than that there were no ape-men.
:w:

Malaikah
01-03-2007, 10:54 PM
OK, new species comes into a territory and starts killing all the local food, local food evolves by growing bigger legs to run faster (and remember I can prove this, unlike anything you have said to me which is pure sky-god stuff). How could Allah know they would develop bigger legs! (I am really interested in your answer)
Why is it so amazing that He knows? God is by definition All-knowing! Maybe you do not know this, but before God created the heavens and earth, He wrote everything that would happen on a tablet. The developed bigger legs because God wanted it to happen. And He is the one who developed the mechanism by which it will happen.

Honestly man, you're telling me that YOU know that they are going to get bigger legs, and yet you wonder how God can know?!

:rollseyes

Pygoscelis
01-04-2007, 03:58 AM
Maybe you do not know this, but before God created the heavens and earth, He wrote everything that would happen on a tablet.
Why? It isn't like he's capable of forgetting it. Why would he record it?

Where? This tablet would be huge, no? Is it a series of planets floating in the cosmos with writings scribed all over their surfaces?

Malaikah
01-04-2007, 05:57 AM
It is not in this world, it is in the heavens. This whole universe is tiny compared to God's throne (and I assume the tablet is next to His throne somewhere).

He didn't write it for His memory obvious. He knows best, I do not know the exact answer, but it has something to do with predestination.

lolwatever
01-04-2007, 06:00 AM
Why? It isn't like he's capable of forgetting it. Why would he record it?

Where? This tablet would be huge, no? Is it a series of planets floating in the cosmos with writings scribed all over their surfaces?
Just like he's assigned angels to record our deeds even though he already knows wat we're upto. He put them there out of his wisdom since it will make us more aware.

Recording all what will happen is also another sign for us to serve as a sign for us to be content with whatever happens to us as long as we do our bit.

And innit that like off toipc nweay :?

all the best.

Pygoscelis
01-04-2007, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
He put them there out of his wisdom since it will make us more aware.
If these tablets are not in this world (and beside God's throne) how would it make us aware?

Idris
01-04-2007, 04:48 PM
I for one am proud to be a mammal. And I see no shame in belonging to the same classification as my dog.
lol ...................................... You made my day man haha

skhalid
01-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Pray for the world...
For those who fight..
Pray for success...
Because we just might..
Make this world..
A better place..
By turning to our Lord...
No other than Allah..
Allah our God!!!

lolwatever
01-04-2007, 09:53 PM
If these tablets are not in this world (and beside God's throne) how would it make us aware?
They're there to make a point (i.e. everything has been recorded, and it won't change, the pens have been raised and the ink has dried). Just like the angels who record our deeds exist to make a point, n wats the diff if they're in this world or not?

:rollseyes

Malaikah
01-05-2007, 01:03 AM
We can't see them but we know they exist.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.