/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia Criticizes Saddam Hanging on Muslim Holiday

smartcard
12-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Source : Asharq Al-Awsat

(Agencies) The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is in a state of "surprise and dismay" at the hanging of deposed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein on the first day of the Muslim Eid al-Adha festival.

"There is a feeling of surprise and disapproval that the verdict has been applied during the holy months and the first days of Eid al-Adha," a presenter on the official al-Ikhbariya TV said after programming was broken to read a statement.

The statement which was carried on the official Saudi Press Agency went on to say that "Leaders of Islamic countries should show respect for this blessed occasion ... not demean it," said the statement.

"It had been expected that the trial of a former president, who ruled for a considerable length of time, would last longer, ... demonstrate more precision, and not be politicized."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-30-2006, 07:07 PM
I question the legality of the US decision to have released him from US custody over to Iraq custody. At least under US law, he would have been allowed to appeal the death penalty and file arguements questioning the legality of the trial.

Up until yesterday, those of us here in the US were under the impression that once turned over to Iraq, it would have been at least 30 days before he was Executed.

The Iraqi court made an error in executing him so rapidly, without a chance for a final appeal and it was a slap in the face for them to allow the execution to be on Eid. I can not see how the Iraqi court can say they acted as Muslims.

Keltoi
12-30-2006, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I question the legality of the US decision to have released him from US custody over to Iraq custody. At least under US law, he would have been allowed to appeal the death penalty and file arguements questioning the legality of the trial.

Up until yesterday, those of us here in the US were under the impression that once turned over to Iraq, it would have been at least 30 days before he was Executed.

The Iraqi court made an error in executing him so rapidly, without a chance for a final appeal and it was a slap in the face for them to allow the execution to be on Eid. I can not see how the Iraqi court can say they acted as Muslims.
I'm sure the Iraqi government wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. I agree with you that the timing was horrible though. As for the legality of the U.S. turning over custody, I think the U.S. legal custody of Saddam was at an end when the Iraqi court sentenced Saddam to death. They could have refused to hand Saddam over, but that would go against the entire process of the trial and the sentencing. It was an independent Iraqi court that found Saddam guilty, and to refuse to hand Saddam over would have seemed rather hypocritical in the context of the stated goal of the U.S. presence in Iraq.

FBI
12-30-2006, 07:19 PM
:sl:

They have no right to be critizing anything, they are a puppet goverment of Bush and also they have sat back and watched as iraq has been invaded and torn it self apart with secterian violence.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
worldpolice
12-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Currently there is no Iraqi court or Iraqi Govt., exists now, its all orchestrated by the America. Even the so called current Iraqi Govt., is protected by American forces, so they do what ever it takes to please America.

The question is why the death sentence was not carried out last week, or why it can not be done next week? Its all that they want to humiliate the Muslims by killing him on this holy day.

I admire on Saudi Arabia for their condemnation on this issue. This is what all the Arab nation should do.

Islamicboy
12-30-2006, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by worldpolice
Currently there is no Iraqi court or Iraqi Govt., exists now, its all orchestrated by the America. Even the so called current Iraqi Govt., is protected by American forces, so they do what ever it takes to please America.

The question is why the death sentence was not carried out last week, or why it can not be done next week? Its all that they want to humiliate the Muslims by killing him on this holy day.

I admire on Saudi Arabia for their condemnation on this issue. This is what all the Arab nation should do.
Why would muslims be humiliated? Why are muslims so pissed off over a criminals death?
One Criminal gone
now its time to hang bush adminstration.

FBI
12-30-2006, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
Why would muslims be humiliated? Why are muslims so pissed off over a criminals death?
One Criminal gone
now its time to hang bush adminstration.

Preech Brother I for one won't loose sleep over his death.

netprince
12-30-2006, 07:37 PM
I've been seeing all these postings on the hanging of Saddam Hussein all day today and trying to reach some kind of conclusion. Saddam was a tyrant of that there is no doubt, tyrants should be destroyed, again of that there is no doubt. However, what has the destruction of the tyrant lead to? How much more bloodshed will there be? The supporters of Saddam now have a martyr in there war against the 'infidel'. The iraqi government will have a lot of blood on there hands by the time this saga is played out.

I came across a small poem entitled war which i thought was very appropriate so i am posting it here and not in the poems section.

who's right and who's wrong?
Who's the weak and who's the strong?
Exaggerating victory, hiding defeat. not an easy feat.
Shown through a distorted lens, does any of it really make sense?
History repeating itself again.
So much pain in vain for selfish gain.
Can there be a winner in this game?
Not those they sought to defame.
Bringing untold misery
based on a false notion of setting them "free".
what does the future hold?
what more horrors will this story unfold?
by A Khan

FBI
12-30-2006, 07:38 PM

martyr
This is debatable.

worldpolice
12-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Muslims are pissed off becuase it took place on a festival day, they should have done it on another day.

One Criminal gone now its time to hang bush adminstration.
True, who will do it? North Korea? Because Arab leaders don't not have power in their sticks.

Islamicboy
12-30-2006, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by worldpolice
Muslims are pissed off becuase it took place on a festival day, they should have done it on another day.

True, who will do it? North Korea? Because Arab leaders don't not have power in their sticks.
Allah will take care off his enemies by the hands of Mujahideen.

Ninth_Scribe
12-31-2006, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by smartcard
"There is a feeling of surprise and disapproval that the verdict has been applied during the holy months and the first days of Eid al-Adha," a presenter on the official al-Ikhbariya TV said after programming was broken to read a statement."
Well, I'll just add my two cents as well. I think it's ironic that the fate of the man was video-taped and streamed to the public. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what brought the wrath of Americans to Abu Muab Al Zarqawi? These Shia... how are they any better?

I understand they had to "dispose" of him quickly. I mean, had he been allowed to go to trial for killing all those Kurds, the facts would come to light over who backed him on the mission. As if any of you need a hint as to who that was.

I'm completely disgusted. Homie don't play that way.

Allah will take care off his enemies by the hands of Mujahideen.
I've got their back! This was the icing on the cake that made my mind up ;)

Ninth Scribe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.