/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would it be appropriate... ?

gladTidings
12-31-2006, 11:53 AM
:sl:

Just a quick question... I dont know if its in the right section.

Anyway I want to know whether it would be appropriate to go and see my new elderly neighbour, hes male and non-muslim. I thought it would be nice if i took some food over and fulfilled my duties as a neighbour and start my dawa mission. :)

Would it be appropriate if i go with my younger brother, who may not be mature enough to act as a mehram?

JazakAllah Khair in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
gladTidings
12-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Salaam..

Anyone please? I was planning on going soon.

umm-sulaim
12-31-2006, 12:48 PM
walykum salaam sis,

masha Allah that's good islamic manners you're showing by doing that, but if the guys alone, like not married or nothin' take someone bigger than your lil bro... (how old is ur bro?) perhaps try not to make the visit too long.
ALso if you have an older brother let him give your neighbour da'wah insha Allah sis

take care

wassalaam

F.Y.
12-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Thats a lovely gesture. You should go! Taking your little bro is a nice idea. Mashallah. Go for it!!
Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
12-31-2006, 12:51 PM
innit tru that abu bakr use 2 clean and take care of a house of a really old woman? and umar done similar things... and prophet too?

so allahu alam if someone is reeally really old (90+ for example - im just being on safe side.. could b less) then....?

i'm not going to give any definitiv answer tho.. coz i dunno.
:w:

gladTidings
12-31-2006, 01:11 PM
:w:

JazakAllah Khair for your replies.

My brothers 16 years old... And thats my only mehram at the moment, so its either him or i dont go. He cant help me with the dawa but his presence might make it legit.

And my neighbour looks around 50+, he lives on his own.

So what do u guys think ?

umm-sulaim
12-31-2006, 01:17 PM
walykum salaam,

masha Allah, you guys goin' together is good n may Allah reward you both, perhaps Allah will make you 2 his reason for guidance. wallahu a'lam
Are your parents ok with it sis?

wassalaam

gladTidings
12-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Salaam.

Yeah my mum is okay with it. Im going now... jazakAllah Khair for replies.

take care

Malaikah
01-01-2007, 05:38 AM
:sl:

Sis 16 years old is more than old enough to act as your mahram! :D

But 50+ is not old. :hiding: maybe 65+ is old-ish?:?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!