/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 3000th US soldier dies before new year

Showkat
12-31-2006, 11:06 PM
More bad news for troops Grim Milestone For Troops
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...245600,00.html

The number of US troops killed in Iraq has reached 3,000 since the war began in 2003 following the death of a soldier.

Special Dustin R Donica, 22, from Spring in Texas, was killed by small arms fire, the Pentagon has confirmed.

The grim milestone was crossed on the final day of 2006 and at the end of the deadliest month for the American military in Iraq in the past 12 months.

At least 111 US service members are reported to have died throughout December.

Spc Donica was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 509th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division.

The announcement of his death follows another earlier of a US soldier killed when a roadside bomb struck his patrol in southeastern Baghdad.

President George Bush is under pressure to present a timetable for the withdrawal of troops.

His critics claim they are being bogged down in Iraq.

A spokesman for Mr Bush said: "The President believes that every life is precious and grieves for each one that is lost. He will ensure their sacrifice was not made in vain."

The President has spent much of the holiday period consulting his closest aides and has promised to announce a new direction in Iraq early in the New Year.

Hundreds of Iraqis are killed every week in sectarian violence which is threatening to pitch Iraq into full-scale civil war.

A toll of 3,000 US dead is likely to be an emotive one for Americans.

But it is less than the number of Iraqi civilians killed in a typical single month in the latter part of 2006, according to the UN.

Comment:

3000 dead US soldiers before the new year, how many more will die in 2007? Over 3000 Muslim civilians die every month , thus far over 100 000 have been killed and millions wounded and mentally scarred.

This is the reality and price countries pay when the US and its allies decide to invade and occupy in the war on so called terror. Is the violence and deaths reducing? Can anyone see an end to this bloodshed? Is there an alternative to US imposed sham Democracy? Dont ask Bush or Blair they dont have a clue.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
01-01-2007, 11:12 AM
I remember we established in another thread the new changes from the majority in congres will give a new foreign politics to states. Or nothing will be changed:?

smartcard
01-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Any human getting killed no matter what religions, race and nation is a crime of humanity.

Let American public realize that they have lost 3000 of brothers / sisters who deserve to be living like any other Americans in America then losing their life in Iraq.

FBI
01-01-2007, 02:37 PM
:sl:

Allahu Akbar!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
01-01-2007, 03:14 PM
How many in Afgahnistan?

Iraqis are killed Our soldiers are killed, for what??

Ninth_Scribe
01-01-2007, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
How many in Afgahnistan?

Iraqis are killed Our soldiers are killed, for what??
Some jig-head's sick and perverted dream. It's not like Bush has to lay his life on the line, he just has to live with the thousands he sent to their deaths - and apparently, he don't have a problem with that.

Ninth Scribe

Goku
01-01-2007, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Some jig-head's sick and perverted dream. It's not like Bush has to lay his life on the line, he just has to live with the thousands he sent to their deaths - and apparently, he don't have a problem with that.

Ninth Scribe

Yes. It made me sick to read what he said about Saddam's execution, he said "justice had been served" and seemed happy. Bush has had many more people killed. His administration has wreaked havoc around the world. When he gets hanged for war crimes and crimes against humanity, or locked up, then justice will be served. I'd say locked up because i am generally against the death penalty.

I dont know if Saddam did or didnt deserve to be hanged, but for Bush to celebrate at Saddam's execution when he is responsible for more killings and torture is sheer hypocrasy.

sudais1
01-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Cant the US get there butts out of there, nothing is getting better with there invasion, they keep dying, Let the Iraqis keep fighting they'll kiss and make up sooner or later InshaAllah:D

The US are just spicing up the anger between Sunni and Shia, The hanging of Saddam didn't help any bit, Once American Soldiers leave then only will Iraq see peace, My opinion is let Iraqis fight sooner or later as i said theyll kiss and makeup:inshallah

Ninth_Scribe
01-05-2007, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku

Yes. It made me sick to read what he said about Saddam's execution, he said "justice had been served" and seemed happy. Bush has had many more people killed. His administration has wreaked havoc around the world. When he gets hanged for war crimes and crimes against humanity, or locked up, then justice will be served. I'd say locked up because i am generally against the death penalty.

I dont know if Saddam did or didnt deserve to be hanged, but for Bush to celebrate at Saddam's execution when he is responsible for more killings and torture is sheer hypocrasy.
Bush, of all people, should not have spoken, because he is equally as guilty of all the charges Hussein faced. But as they say, you are what you eat... and he has certainly become all he had once claimed to hate. What's worse is his attitude now. He wants things to get really messy now, because he's sure he won't be the one who will have to clean it all up.

I will never forgive the man - his disregard for all human life, his smirking and his disgraceful words and manners have set my soul firmly against him.

Ninth Scribe

rav
01-05-2007, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Allahu Akbar!
Praising G-d for death... :rollseyes Wow.

Ninth_Scribe
01-05-2007, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
Cant the US get there butts out of there, nothing is getting better with there invasion, they keep dying, Let the Iraqis keep fighting they'll kiss and make up sooner or later InshaAllah:D
Bush won't let them leave! General Caldwell had already said that military action would not resolve the conflict in Iraq, but Bush ignored him and then sicked his new dog on him to force him to make a different statement. He thinks this whole thing is a game. I'm serious! Did you see the way he sneered into the camera when he announced the death of Zarqawi? Did you see any of our top brass behave like that? Hell no! They were respectful and matter-of-fact. They had class. Bush was the one who behaved like a thug... and while I'm sure he'd like to believe that "dead men tell no tales" - man is he in for a somewhat rude awakening!

The government Bush appointed was not democratically agreed upon. He took advantage of the fact that a good slice of Sunnis were boycotting the election and from what I've seen so far, street gangs in NYC have more ethics than this government. If the best of their best behave this way, they have only served to vindicate the names of their sworn enemies, and those who don't agree to this are hostile, and therefoe terrorists in this man's mind!

No... Bush will not leave Iraq because he wants to control Iraq - the government he appointed answers to him, and only to him. If Maliki likes Al Sadr... tough cookies, and that's exactly the way the game is played. All the Muslim countries must bow to Israel... if they don't, they are hostile and therefore are terrorists!

Ninth Scribe

MTAFFI
01-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Does everyone really think that if the US leaves all of the violence in Iraq would just stop?

You are out of your minds if you think so! You should thank your lucky stars the US is there because otherwise what is happening there would spill over into the neighboring countries. Personally I wish the US would get out just to prove the point that the people over there are brutal uneducated people that are 3000 years behind the rest of the world. Really the US should just go to full scale war with Iraq use the air, water and whatever else and destroy all of these people. They are unfit for the world around them, but somehow find a way to make it everyone elses fault

skhalid
01-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Democracy?:?
Some people like Bush and Blair have no idea what the word means lol

Ninth_Scribe
01-06-2007, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
Does everyone really think that if the US leaves all of the violence in Iraq would just stop?

You are out of your minds if you think so! You should thank your lucky stars the US is there because otherwise what is happening there would spill over into the neighboring countries. Personally I wish the US would get out just to prove the point that the people over there are brutal uneducated people that are 3000 years behind the rest of the world. Really the US should just go to full scale war with Iraq use the air, water and whatever else and destroy all of these people. They are unfit for the world around them, but somehow find a way to make it everyone elses fault
Don't think anyone ever said that, but whatever. The deal with Iraq is that their are Iraqi interests (various disputes) and then there are foreign interests (various disputes) and this is just snow-balling the violence they ALL believe is the best way to resolve the various disputes. Add to that the fact that none of them can come across as 'credible' or 'civil' at this point and they're ALL guilty of what they complain the others have done... and gee! How long can this situation go on? I don't see America as doing anything but helping one side, who behaves the exact same way as the side they fight. So how is America helping? We should get our butts out of there and pay restitution because we had no right to take the detour into Iraq to begin with.

Lesson to Iraq: Next time you guys have a problem... don't ask foreign powers to... Help!

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
01-06-2007, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
Well, Bush is going to find out what that word means. This last deal of his, re-shuffling the whole deck... it won't help him!

Ninth Scribe

MTAFFI
01-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Don't think anyone ever said that, but whatever. The deal with Iraq is that their are Iraqi interests (various disputes) and then there are foreign interests (various disputes) and this is just snow-balling the violence they ALL believe is the best way to resolve the various disputes. Add to that the fact that none of them can come across as 'credible' or 'civil' at this point and they're ALL guilty of what they complain the others have done... and gee! How long can this situation go on? I don't see America as doing anything but helping one side, who behaves the exact same way as the side they fight. So how is America helping? We should get our butts out of there and pay restitution because we had no right to take the detour into Iraq to begin with.

Lesson to Iraq: Next time you guys have a problem... don't ask foreign powers to... Help!

Ninth Scribe
i agree with all of that, well said

rav
01-08-2007, 01:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
Really? It seems you are the one who has no idea what the word actually means. The definition for democracy is: "Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives." If you did not know the United States, and Great Britain have recently had democratic elections, where they have elected Representatives through voting to make descions based on the opinions of the people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electio...United_Kingdom

The United States also recently had elections where people voted for the candidate they wished to see in congress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electio..._United_States

Therefore, I believe you do not know the meaning of the word "democracy".

Jayda
01-08-2007, 01:48 AM
i hope my husband does not have to go...

starfortress
01-08-2007, 08:27 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by rav
Praising G-d for death... :rollseyes Wow.
What a poor judgement,is it necessary for you to add the death word.Come on we don't have any instruments(tools) to expressed our feeling.Allah Akbar could be praised in many situations(Victory,Succeed,Call to prayer) you don't have to be a narrow minded in order to hurts our feelings.

3000th US soldier dies before new year
I have watched Fahrenheit 9/11,and for me that film is the best medium(don't know the excact words) to share my feelings and views about any wars that has happened, related from 9/11 tragic events.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Sabbir_1
01-08-2007, 01:00 PM
its there own fault, they shouldnt of been der in the first place...Should of gone for another career.. why u choose the army.. thats what happens in war.. soldiers die..and what did they die for..

Muezzin
01-08-2007, 02:20 PM

How tolerant and peaceful that sounds.

Ninth_Scribe
01-08-2007, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
i hope my husband does not have to go...
No one is going anymore. I'm pulling the plug on all this. Game over.

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
01-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Really the US should just go to full scale war with Iraq use the air, water and whatever else and destroy all of these people. They are unfit for the world around them, but somehow find a way to make it everyone elses fault
If memory serves, God tried that with the great deluge (story of Noah's Ark).

It didn't make all that much of a difference now, did it? Why?

Because the enemy is inside us!

Ninth Scribe

MTAFFI
01-08-2007, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
How tolerant and peaceful that sounds.
It wasnt a tolerant or peaceful comment. I consider myself to be a tolerant and peaceful man but everyday more and more I think that these people in Iraq are past the point of no return. No matter what happens that country is doomed for a long time. Soon (within the next 2 years) the US will begin pulling out troops and within 4 years i would bet all of the troops will be out of Iraq. But then what? The country will be taken by guerrillas, the people will end up more oppressed and as I said before this will spill over into other countries. It is sad but true, and there is no way to stop it.

I hate to make comments like "Personally I wish the US would get out just to prove the point that the people over there are brutal uneducated people that are 3000 years behind the rest of the world. Really the US should just go to full scale war with Iraq use the air, water and whatever else and destroy all of these people. They are unfit for the world around them, but somehow find a way to make it everyone elses fault". It makes me sound to some exactly like the people I am talking about, for this I apologize. But at the same time, what do you do? Keep fighting people that hide behind the civilians or just say you are with us or against us and make it a real war? Either way a lot of innocent people are going to die and it is going to cause a lot of crisis. Very very sad

MTAFFI
01-08-2007, 04:35 PM
If memory serves, God tried that with the great deluge (story of Noah's Ark).

It didn't make all that much of a difference now, did it? Why?

Because the enemy is inside us!

Ninth Scribe

I am sure it would work for a while, maybe that is what the world needs another good flushing

Ninth_Scribe
01-08-2007, 06:04 PM
I am sure it would work for a while, maybe that is what the world needs another good flushing
Be careful what you wish for...

Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
01-08-2007, 06:10 PM
I think another thing to consider is the experiences in other countries mired in sectarian conflict. The situation in Kosovo is a good example. There are around 30,000 U.S. troops stationed there, but not one U.S. soldier has been killed or even been fired upon. The obvious question is why. I believe it is because the people involved in that conflict were politically separated into their ethnic groups, but all having representative power in the government. I've gone back and forth on the breaking up Iraq into ethnic provinces debare, but more and more it is looking like this is the best option. At least in the short term.

Jayda
01-08-2007, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
its there own fault, they shouldnt of been der in the first place...Should of gone for another career.. why u choose the army.. thats what happens in war.. soldiers die..and what did they die for..
hola khalil27,

i have a different opinion on war and the iraq war than my husband but i would never publicly disagree with him or cause him embarassment like that... i think even though my opinions have not changed on this (i do not believe his have either), but i have learned that something i was wrong about is that soldiers choose the army... some feel compelled to do it for many reasons... i do not think what you are saying is fair...

Dios te bendiga

Keltoi
01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
hola khalil27,

i have a different opinion on war and the iraq war than my husband but i would never publicly disagree with him or cause him embarassment like that... i think even though my opinions have not changed on this (i do not believe his have either), but i have learned that something i was wrong about is that soldiers choose the army... some feel compelled to do it for many reasons... i do not think what you are saying is fair...

Dios te bendiga
Most soldiers join the military for the best of reasons, which is to serve their country. The politics behind any decision to send the military into war become secondary to a soldier. There is a brotherhood among soldiers, especially those who volunteer for service, which is why so many soldiers return to the battlefield when they aren't forced to do so. Being there with a soldier's particular unit during a time of war is very important to a soldier. The decisions made by a civilian leadership are secondary compared to the need to be with one's brothers on the battlefield. That is what soldiers are trained to do, fight and take care of one another.

Jayda
01-08-2007, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Most soldiers join the military for the best of reasons, which is to serve their country. The politics behind any decision to send the military into war become secondary to a soldier. There is a brotherhood among soldiers, especially those who volunteer for service, which is why so many soldiers return to the battlefield when they aren't forced to do so. Being there with a soldier's particular unit during a time of war is very important to a soldier. The decisions made by a civilian leadership are secondary compared to the need to be with one's brothers on the battlefield. That is what soldiers are trained to do, fight and take care of one another.
hola Keltoi,

this was not what i meant... i think my husband does feel very loyal to the air force but he feels that by being in the military he is taking care of us... his wife and daughters... i think it is one part of his outlook on politics and many other things, he wants us to live in a safe and good environment...

Dios te bendiga

Keltoi
01-08-2007, 08:06 PM
hola Keltoi,

this was not what i meant... i think my husband does feel very loyal to the air force but he feels that by being in the military he is taking care of us... his wife and daughters... i think it is one part of his outlook on politics and many other things, he wants us to live in a safe and good environment...

Dios te bendiga
I understand what you mean. I suppose my outlook is more tilted to the infantry experience, with the whole brotherhood mindset. No doubt many men and women join the military to protect their family and their way of life, and that is as good of a reason as any.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.