/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Hussein Execution Videos

Muezzin
12-31-2006, 11:15 PM
:sl:

A quick note: Videos depicting the execution are not allowed. If they are posted they will be deleted. While we encourage discussion about the subject, we will not allow such videos to be posted or linked to, so as not to expose very young members to violent images. Similarly, any other videos deemed by the moderators to be violent in nature will be deleted.

Thank you for understanding.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
12-31-2006, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

A quick note: Videos depicting the execution are not allowed. If they are posted they will be deleted. While we encourage discussion about the subject, we will not allow such videos to be posted or linked to, so as not to expose very young members to violent images. Similarly, any other videos deemed by the moderators to be violent in nature will be deleted.

this is good! i don't know why anyone would want to see it anyway.

Helena
12-31-2006, 11:18 PM
okie dokie shukran for the reminder mod...

on the other forums have seen his video.......felt very uncomfortable!!!!

mohammed farah
01-01-2007, 10:53 AM
ive seen the video aswell, my god it nearly made me sick

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Naheezah
01-01-2007, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
same here!..:phew

Tania
01-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Good decision. I am not prepaired either to see people dying.

smartcard
01-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Its bad, very bad to kill him on the Eid day. However, let all the other leaders learn some lesson out of his fate.

AvarAllahNoor
01-01-2007, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smartcard
Its bad, very bad to kill him on the Eid day. However, let all the other leaders learn some lesson out of his fate.
Yup. Defy U.S this is what you get. Muslim leaders should grow a backbone!

Pk_#2
01-01-2007, 03:09 PM
...Hmm

I havn't seen it...why would you wana see it...

:'(

Ninth_Scribe
01-01-2007, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Well done! I can't for the life of me figure out what makes some people think this would be constructive or beneficial to viewers. In truth, nothing should have been allowed that would have resulted in this... display. No, I haven't watched it... I refuse to.

Some people's minds!

Ninth Scribe

Umar001
01-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Well some people might want to watch it because they want to be executors so they analyse such videos, I mean for some who work on the railways they have to watch videos, some of people dying, for example, aparently, one video showed a person going toilet on the rails and dying, I don't know if thats true, but its all in a day's work.

I wonder how executioners feel.

starfortress
01-01-2007, 09:32 PM

Thanks to the Mod for your sensitivity senses:thumbs_up in handling this hot issues.

Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mohammed Ali Hosseni said-

"the Islamic republic of Iran welcomes the death sentence" but also said "we cannot forget the Western protectors of Saddam who by supporting him, prepared the ground for the execution of his crimes."
Agreed with this man,but it is also so sad that the fact Saddam sentence was carried out on the Eid.

What a sick world.

FBI
01-01-2007, 09:45 PM

It's just a video people it's not brutal in anyway I don't see the point of banning to be honest, and common lets not use the children excuse cause I doubt that they're toddlers on this forum.

glo
01-01-2007, 09:46 PM
I am very much in favour of the mods' decision not to allow this video to be shown here in LI.
I am sure people who have the desire to see it, will have no trouble at all in finding it elsewhere ...
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

I wonder how executioners feel.
I don't think executioners are supposed to let their own feelings get in the way of their job. They are supposed to carry out their duty with dignity and respect - regardless of their personal thoughts and feelings towards the person they have to execute.

I have not seen the footage, and I will avoid watching it - but from what I hear in the news these executioners were not respectful or dignified in their attitude and behaviour!

We may be able to understand that from a human perspective, and some may even agree with their behaviour ... but it has the potential to make Saddam appear like a victim and a martyr, rather than a criminal who was tried and sentenced in a court of law.

Peace

starfortress
01-01-2007, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

It's just a video people it's not brutal in anyway I don't see the point of banning to be honest, and common lets not use the children excuse cause I doubt that they're toddlers on this forum.

Yes it's a real video and it is also brutal when reach to the childrens audiences.Plus this site are too general in publics,so it will exposed to everebody.Seriously ,if i have a childrens, i wouldn't allowed them to watch it.:)

SilentObserver
01-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I think it is a good decision, and in line with the atmosphere of the forum. Those that want to see the video can easily find it, it's only a click away.

Skillganon
01-01-2007, 10:47 PM
I think it is good decision bro.

Anway the planning of death of saddam on eid, as far as I see was intentional in their part to cause (incite) more violence, especially between the two groups. I am sure that is something that was foreseen and was decided already.
You can hear the result in the news to confirm it.

I advise to any muslim that you should not fall into their scheme and plots.

Maarya
01-01-2007, 10:59 PM
salam

they showed part of it on the news and he was so brave! he was reciting the shahada and repeating Allahu Akbar all the way through and he was also carrying a Qur'an.
my uncle says that he was an innocent man and they killed him for no reason. it was just revenge.
and also, this video's going round and how do people think his family's feeling about it? a video of their father's death going round the whole world from mobile to mobile, computer to computer. before you think about watching it or having it on your phone think of how you would feel if you were in his family's position (although i dnt think anyone here would think of having it, would you :) ?

wslm

FBI
01-01-2007, 11:04 PM

Hold on why are some members here making him out to be some saint please don't insult the memory of the countless victims of his regime.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
thank uuu! it was sick seeing videos BEFORE his execution on sky news and bbc :-\ knowing that hes going 2 die any minute..!

SilentObserver
01-01-2007, 11:28 PM

Hold on why are some members here making him out to be some saint please don't insult the memory of the countless victims of his regime.
I agree. I don't think it is a good idea to be disrespectful in the way he was executed. But let's not forget the people he murdered either.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-01-2007, 11:36 PM
yeh he murdered alot of people.. i wanna know what da beep bush actually gained from killing him..? i mean, why not keep him in prison 4 da rest of his life? killing him in that way aswell, makes me feel sick man, and makes me hate bush so much i cant express it in words..

and as 4 blair not suporting the execution. thats bull****.

oh yeah, NO WAY, i aint saying he's a saint.. but even if he did kill alot of people and is a whatever they call him. how does that make bush better?

Warthog
01-02-2007, 01:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
yeh he murdered alot of people.. i wanna know what da beep bush actually gained from killing him..? i mean, why not keep him in prison 4 da rest of his life? killing him in that way aswell, makes me feel sick man, and makes me hate bush so much i cant express it in words..

and as 4 blair not suporting the execution. thats bull****.

oh yeah, NO WAY, i aint saying he's a saint.. but even if he did kill alot of people and is a whatever they call him. how does that make bush better?
I don't understand why a muslim does not support the teaching of the Quran? Murderers are supposed to be put to death unless the victim's family does not wish it.

Zone Maker
01-02-2007, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Warthog
I don't understand why a muslim does not support the teaching of the Quran? Murderers are supposed to be put to death unless the victim's family does not wish it.
Well in his situation he was captured when the country was in war (war prisoner) and I think you are referring to criminals who made the crime in an Islamic State but I might be wrong.:X

:w:

Warthog
01-02-2007, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Skakeen
Well in his situation he was captured when the country was in war (war prisoner) and I think you are referring to criminals who made the crime in an Islamic State but I might be wrong.:X

And then tried and convicted of war crimes. So he is a criminal, murderer actually. Why is it that the same people that say it is so bad that saddam was executed, are the same people that support execution in an islamic state? Why is it ok for an islamic state but not another?

M for Maliki
01-02-2007, 05:18 AM
I've seen worse. It's unfortunate it had to end in such a dank place, though.

M for Maliki
01-02-2007, 05:21 AM
Don't go interpreting without warrant now. The sheer number of deaths directly or indirectly attributable to saddam are obvious. Ergo, it should be obvious that while some families may accept diya, some may not. I think in that case (emphasis on *think*) that arbitration for Diya would fall to the islamic head of state such's appointed official.

M for Maliki
01-02-2007, 05:22 AM
And then tried and convicted of war crimes. So he is a criminal, murderer actually. Why is it that the same people that say it is so bad that saddam was executed, are the same people that support execution in an islamic state? Why is it ok for an islamic state but not another?
This is somewhat jarbled. Could you clarify a bit please?

Keltoi
01-02-2007, 05:47 AM
Saddam was found guilty and paid the price. Showing the video of his execution only helps to trivialize the seriousness of the event. It should have been a solemn occasion without the sectarian mocking and the like which occurred. Saddam died with his own sense of dignity, and those that carried out the execution should have done it with dignity.

Skillganon
01-02-2007, 06:09 AM
This is a nice article to read: Saddam's Execution "Illegal": Ex-Judge

Maarya
01-02-2007, 12:07 PM
salam
i know everyone's commenting on my post, bt i'm not saying, oh no, he shouldn't have been killed, i'm just saying that although he was a bad man etc, when it came to his execution he was brave, after all, he's still human isnt he? and i also said that my UNCLE thinks he was an innocent man, NOT ME!!!
wslm

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 03:11 PM
that judge.. omdayzzz, he annoyed me sooo bad, what a biased little.. :@

SUMMAYAH
01-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Compared to the rest of the crowd, Saddam was really calm and dignified. Some people were taunting him by shouting, 'Muqtada!' and other by screaming, 'go to Hell!' I saw some footage were Saddam was smiling at them and asking, 'Is this how men behave? You are not men.' I thought that was quite cool.
I don't believe Saddam had a fair trial, also Iraq is in a much worse state than when Saddam was in power. Jack all has been achieved with the taxpayers money!

AvarAllahNoor
01-02-2007, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Saddam was found guilty and paid the price. Showing the video of his execution only helps to trivialize the seriousness of the event. It should have been a solemn occasion without the sectarian mocking and the like which occurred. Saddam died with his own sense of dignity, and those that carried out the execution should have done it with dignity.
What REALLY gets my goat is how Pinnochet and Milosevic escaped the noose! :raging: :raging:

netprince
01-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I posted this elsewhere, but i think it needs saying again.

His last words were 'Theres no God but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah'. May Allah(SWT) have mercy on him, he died with the Shahada on his lips and he died like a man, with no fear of his executioners.

How many of us will be blessed with the shahada as our dying declaration?

AvarAllahNoor
01-02-2007, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
Compared to the rest of the crowd, Saddam was really calm and dignified. Some people were taunting him by shouting, 'Muqtada!' and other by screaming, 'go to Hell!' I saw some footage were Saddam was smiling at them and asking, 'Is this how men behave? You are not men.' I thought that was quite cool.
I don't believe Saddam had a fair trial, also Iraq is in a much worse state than when Saddam was in power. Jack all has been achieved with the taxpayers money!
True. Some claimed he was a very very broken man. I saw nothing that displayed that. He remained calm and collective. Even declining the head cover.

It was nothing but revenge He begins intoning the shahada, he got to Muhammad - at which point he is cut off as the trapdoor opens and he falls.

mohammed farah
01-02-2007, 05:41 PM
not many

netprince
01-02-2007, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
What REALLY gets my goat is how Pinnochet and Milosevic escaped the noose! :raging: :raging:
Such are the ways of the glorious free world we live in........

AvarAllahNoor
01-02-2007, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by netprince
Such are the ways of the glorious free world we live in........
We still have robert mugabe, do you think he'll swing? Pffft silly question. :rollseyes

sudais1
01-02-2007, 05:57 PM
good decision

seeker_of_ilm
01-02-2007, 06:00 PM
True. Some claimed he was a very very broken man. I saw nothing that displayed that. He remained calm and collective. Even declining the head cover.

It was nothing but revenge He begins intoning the shahada, he got to Muhammad - at which point he is cut off as the trapdoor opens and he falls.
Hmm, but he did complete the Shahadah once, he was cut off on his second time, not that I'm saying he was rightly cut off, but, at least he DID say the Shahadah fully before he died.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
like sis summayah said, da man died being brave.. i cant believe how patient and not scared he was man.. :-\

and about ''is this how men behave? you are not men'' dat woz an excellent line! people shouting things like go 2 hell etc, r cowards..

and also the trial was not fair at all! the judge was biased, before the trial even started, bcuz dey got so much beef wid da muslims, da judge's mind was already made up..! wot a stupid lill..

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 06:04 PM

he said it once. so technically he actually did say the shahadah properly before he got murdered :)

Zone Maker
01-02-2007, 06:25 PM

Here is a more detailed explanation of what I have said:

1) A country (USA) whose border way far from Iraq came invading the country in another way Iraq was not within USA borders so that USA has the right to implement their laws.
2) The man was a war prisoner not a normal thug who went out suddenly killing people off.
3) Quran is obviously referring the punishment to criminals within the Islamic state not to war prisoners (who have their own set of laws in Islam).
4) War prisoners: are soldiers who have been captured after or within the war.
5) Using your logic why don’t we execute every Iraqi prisoner [depending on their past] like sadam.
6) Stop mixing a war prisoner and a thug.

[moderators correct me if I said something wrong]

SUMMAYAH
01-02-2007, 06:25 PM
I read the following article on the BBC fiveLive website and it made me quite sad.....

Nurse tells of 'gardener' Saddam

Saddam Hussein watered weeds in a jail garden and drank coffee while smoking cigars to keep his blood pressure down, a US army nurse who cared for him says.
In an interview with a US newspaper, Master Sgt Robert Ellis provided a rare glimpse into the last years of Saddam Hussein, who was executed on Saturday.

Sgt Ellis looked after the former Iraqi leader - whom they called 'Victor' - in 2004 and 2005 at a camp near Baghdad.

The prisoner rarely complained during his time in captivity, he said.

He added that he was under strict orders to do whatever necessary to keep Saddam alive.

"Saddam Hussein cannot die in US custody," he said a US colonel had told him.

'Coping skills'

Sgt Ellis, from St Louis, told the St Louis Post-Dispatch that Saddam Hussein was held in a six foot by eight foot (1.8m to 2.4m) cell with a cot, table, two plastic chairs and two wash basins.

I posed no threat. In fact, I was there to help him, and he respected that

Robert Ellis

When he was allowed to go outside, Saddam Hussein saved bread scraps from his meals to feed to the birds, Sgt Ellis said.

The former leader also watered a patch of weeds.

"He said he was a farmer when he was young and he never forgot where he came from," Sgt Ellis said.

He said Saddam Hussein never gave him trouble and complained little.

"He had very good coping skills," Sgt Ellis said.

Saddam talked about when he used to read bedtime stories to his young children and recalled giving his daughter medicine for an upset stomach.

His sons Uday and Qusay were killed by US troops in 2003.

The former leader did not talk about dying and had no regrets about his regime, saying what he did was for Iraq.

Sgt Ellis said Saddam Hussein once asked him why the US had invaded when "the laws in Iraq were fair and the weapons inspectors didn't find anything".

Sgt Ellis, 56, checked on Saddam Hussein - or Victor as he was referred to in military code - twice a day.

"I posed no threat. In fact, I was there to help him, and he respected that," Sgt Ellis said.

When the nurse had to leave because his brother was dying, Saddam Hussein hugged him and said he would be his brother.

The former president, 69, was sentenced to death by an Iraqi court on 5 November over the killings of 148 Shias from the town of Dujail in the 1980s.

mohammed farah
01-02-2007, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
I read the following article on the BBC fiveLive website and it made me quite sad.....

Nurse tells of 'gardener' Saddam

Saddam Hussein watered weeds in a jail garden and drank coffee while smoking cigars to keep his blood pressure down, a US army nurse who cared for him says.
In an interview with a US newspaper, Master Sgt Robert Ellis provided a rare glimpse into the last years of Saddam Hussein, who was executed on Saturday.

Sgt Ellis looked after the former Iraqi leader - whom they called 'Victor' - in 2004 and 2005 at a camp near Baghdad.

The prisoner rarely complained during his time in captivity, he said.

He added that he was under strict orders to do whatever necessary to keep Saddam alive.

"Saddam Hussein cannot die in US custody," he said a US colonel had told him.

'Coping skills'

Sgt Ellis, from St Louis, told the St Louis Post-Dispatch that Saddam Hussein was held in a six foot by eight foot (1.8m to 2.4m) cell with a cot, table, two plastic chairs and two wash basins.

I posed no threat. In fact, I was there to help him, and he respected that

Robert Ellis

When he was allowed to go outside, Saddam Hussein saved bread scraps from his meals to feed to the birds, Sgt Ellis said.

The former leader also watered a patch of weeds.

"He said he was a farmer when he was young and he never forgot where he came from," Sgt Ellis said.

He said Saddam Hussein never gave him trouble and complained little.

"He had very good coping skills," Sgt Ellis said.

Saddam talked about when he used to read bedtime stories to his young children and recalled giving his daughter medicine for an upset stomach.

His sons Uday and Qusay were killed by US troops in 2003.

The former leader did not talk about dying and had no regrets about his regime, saying what he did was for Iraq.

Sgt Ellis said Saddam Hussein once asked him why the US had invaded when "the laws in Iraq were fair and the weapons inspectors didn't find anything".

Sgt Ellis, 56, checked on Saddam Hussein - or Victor as he was referred to in military code - twice a day.

"I posed no threat. In fact, I was there to help him, and he respected that," Sgt Ellis said.

When the nurse had to leave because his brother was dying, Saddam Hussein hugged him and said he would be his brother.

The former president, 69, was sentenced to death by an Iraqi court on 5 November over the killings of 148 Shias from the town of Dujail in the 1980s.
yeah i read this in the news yesterday

SUMMAYAH
01-02-2007, 06:50 PM
yeah i read this in the news yesterday
so what did you think?

FBI
01-02-2007, 06:51 PM

Just out of intrest what happened to his wealth.

IceQueen~
01-02-2007, 06:54 PM
I feel like crying...
he said the kalimah right? before he died...?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 06:55 PM
yea.. mashallah! ^ i know, it was on eid day, i woz so upset :-\ how can dey have killed him.. :-\

FBI
01-02-2007, 06:56 PM
yea.. mashallah! ^ i know, it was on eid day, i woz so upset :-\ how can dey have killed him.. :-\

would u have felt the same if it was done on a average day?

SUMMAYAH
01-02-2007, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
I feel like crying...
he said the kalimah right? before he died...?
Yes he did. He was also reading durood.
May Allah Grant us all death with Imaan and with reciting the Shahada.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 07:04 PM
i would feel sympathy for him, maybe not as much..

AvarAllahNoor
01-02-2007, 08:37 PM

Just out of intrest what happened to his wealth.
His daughter has it in Jordan. She looked like a Paris Hilton wannabe:rollseyes

zaria
01-02-2007, 08:47 PM
I think that is was insulting to have it doen on Eid Al Adha

FBI
01-02-2007, 09:04 PM
His daughter has it in Jordan. She looked like a Paris Hilton wannabe:rollseyes
I demand the money be given to the victims of his regime.

Maarya
01-02-2007, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaria
I think that is was insulting to have it doen on Eid Al Adha
apparently Saudi Arabia is saying the same

FBI
01-02-2007, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maarya
apparently Saudi Arabia is saying the same

lol, funny how the saudi goverment start critizing the us when they're just their puppets.

skhalid
01-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I saw de video as wel...how cruel...I mean I know he killed and deserves to be killed...but on Eid-Al-Adha???

smartcard
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
His last words were 'Theres no God but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah'. May Allah(SWT) have mercy on him, he died with the Shahada on his lips and he died like a man, with no fear of his executioners.
I totally agree with this statement. End of the day, it is Saddam who succeeded...

1) Facing his executioners so bravely and standing up as a leader
2) On his lips the Sahada while dying

Skillganon
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
lol, funny how the saudi goverment start critizing the us when they're just their puppets.
It also well maybe the muslim in saudi arabia criticising aswell not to mention other parts of the world. The criticism is valid. (let's not start distancing ourselve from all)

The day of his execution on eid has a political reason behind it. Mainly inciting further rift between generally the two group in Iraq, and in a global scale in other parts of the world.

I hope muslims (shia/sunni) in general are not to stupid not to see it.
Let's not loose objective who are the real invaders in those case.

netprince
01-02-2007, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
The day of his execution on eid has a political reason behind it. Mainly inciting further rift between generally the two group in Iraq, and in a global scale in other parts of the world.

I hope muslims (shia/sunni) in general are not to stupid not to see it.
Let's not loose objective who are the real invaders in those case.
It should also be noted how the video was released. The initial video showing Saddam being led to the gallows with no sound was one thing, but the release of the second video with the taunting etc can only have been released to show the 'humiliation' of Saddam and to incite further Sectarianism.

I know i have stated more than once how Saddam died saying the shahada. Combine this fact with the taunts and you have a situation which is potentially explosive.

We should all pray for the people of iraq. May Allah(SWT) help the peoples of Iraq in their time of need. Ya Allah(SWT) please let the sectarian violence cease and Ya Allah(SWT) please bring peace to a very troubled and violence filled region. Ya Allah(SWT) have mercy on us all.

Ameen

Skillganon
01-02-2007, 10:33 PM

We should all pray for the people of iraq. May Allah(SWT) help the peoples of Iraq in their time of need. Ya Allah(SWT) please let the sectarian violence cease and Ya Allah(SWT) please bring peace to a very troubled and violence filled region. Ya Allah(SWT) have mercy on us all.

Ameen
Ameen

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 10:36 PM
It should also be noted how the video was released. The initial video showing Saddam being led to the gallows with no sound was one thing, but the release of the second video with the taunting etc can only have been released to show the 'humiliation' of Saddam and to incite further Sectarianism.

I know i have stated more than once how Saddam died saying the shahada. Combine this fact with the taunts and you have a situation which is potentially explosive.

Ameen
Ameen... :)

AvarAllahNoor
01-02-2007, 11:23 PM
I demand the money be given to the victims of his regime.
You demand eh? And who exactly who are ya again?? :laugh:

FBI
01-02-2007, 11:30 PM
You demand eh? And who exactly who are ya again?? :laugh:
Just me :D I hope who ever consumes that money chokes on it, that money belongs to the iraqi's.

AvarAllahNoor
01-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Just me :D I hope who ever consumes that money chokes on it, that money belongs to the iraqi's.
Like i say a bulk of it is with saddams ex wife and his two daughters. Some speculate it's between 10 to 40 Billion. Of course nobody knows exactly. I say it should be distributed between the poor people of the world to ease their suffering a little. But what are the chances of that happening? Zilch sadly.

FBI
01-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Like i say a bulk of it is with saddams ex wife and his two daughters. Some speculate it's between 10 to 40 Billion. Of course nobody knows exactly. I say it should be distributed between the poor people of the world to ease their suffering a little. But what are the chances of that happening? Zilch sadly.

Hold on did u just say 40 Billion surely he can't be that rich is even Bill Gates that rich.

Woodrow
01-03-2007, 12:10 AM

Hold on did u just say 40 Billion surely he can't be that rich is even Bill Gates that rich.
I can believe Saddam had that kind of money. Keep in mind he was pretty much the sole person in control of an oil industry about equal with that of Saudi Arabia, and he did not have to share with anybody. Forty billion could easily be what the annual income from the oil revenues were.

I doubt if any one will ever know what his wealth amounted to. I don't think he filed any tax papers any place.

FBI
01-03-2007, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I can believe Saddam had that kind of money. Keep in mind he was pretty much the sole person in control of an oil industry about equal with that of Saudi Arabia, and he did not have to share with anybody. Forty billion could easily be what the annual income from the oil revenues were.

I doubt if any one will ever know what his wealth amounted to. I don't think he filed any tax papers any place.

That's serious cash shouldn't the iraqi goverment demand the money back

Woodrow
01-03-2007, 12:27 AM

Simple quick answer. This forum has a policy of no posts depicting violence. An execution is an act of violence no matter what the reason.

Tania
01-03-2007, 05:36 AM

That's serious cash shouldn't the iraqi goverment demand the money back
Usually the money are kept in Switzerland which allow to the owner a certain privacy. The government must enquire for the procedure to know his foregin accounts but are high chances never recover them.

mohammed farah
01-03-2007, 09:02 AM
what are you people talking about, of course he was rich but he never had 40 billion dollors thats 10 billion short of bill gates 50 billion

zaria
01-03-2007, 12:53 PM
I agree. Again disrespectful for the way they did it but he was no saint.

Ninth_Scribe
01-03-2007, 06:05 PM
i wanna know what da beep bush actually gained from killing him..?
1. To settle an old score of his father's.

2. To prevent documents from coming to light during the Kurdish trial that would implicate the United States.

Ninth Scribe

Tania
01-03-2007, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon

The day of his execution on eid has a political reason behind it.
The day was chosen carefully exactly for the remembrance of iraqi people which were killed exactly for Eid during his regime. The family got not only the news and the remains but even the bill with the bullets price or what other stuffs were spend during the execution. That i heard on our tv channels. Today i read in the news from net the chamber was also used by his people to execute iraqi people. In the humble chamber died people :(

SATalha
01-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Good decision! I saw the leaked vid and want to know if saddam said the Shahada completly? Coz people in my ends have been saying that it wasnt completed. Least he had time to repent his sins what ever they were. Allah-hu-allam (god knows best).

mohammed farah
01-03-2007, 06:44 PM
why was there so many people at his excution?

SATalha
01-03-2007, 06:48 PM
I dont know. but people in my area watched it and said that he did not complete Shahada? does anyone know

mohammed farah
01-03-2007, 06:55 PM
he didnt finish the Shahada , he only got up to muhammed and then went down,

FBI
01-03-2007, 06:58 PM

I decided to make peace with my anger to that man, Hope allah forgives him for his sins no point holding a grudge, may allah forgive me for any ill comments towards him.

SATalha
01-03-2007, 06:58 PM
What a shame. First he was executed on Eid day and now he did not complete Shahada. They claim they did things Islamicaly yeah right. I think the Shiah authorities have shown the curruption that lies within them aswell as Saddam.

seeker_of_ilm
01-03-2007, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
I dont know. but people in my area watched it and said that he did not complete Shahada? does anyone know

I don't know what Video they were watching, but he DID say the Shahada before he died, He said it one full time, and the during the second time when he was on "Muhammed" he dropped.

zaria
01-03-2007, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=SATalha;615464]What a shame. First he was executed on Eid day and now he did not complete Shahada. They claim they did things Islamicaly yeah right. I think the Shiah authorities have shown the curruption that lies within them aswell as Saddam.[/QU

InshaAllah he said it before he came to the execution.

mohammed farah
01-03-2007, 07:01 PM
the guards were shouting and screaming a lot , and the sound wasnt excactly perfect

SATalha
01-03-2007, 07:02 PM
ok bro. Thakns for the clarification. I to have made peace with him Allah knows best and only Allah alone will give him final judgment.

starfortress
01-03-2007, 07:03 PM

How come:? we will never knew that,whether he completed his shahada, by observing a video,do we know if he pronounced it already in heart.come on guys be rational,there are lot speculations and gossip everywhere.

SATalha
01-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah lets leave this matter. We have more issues to deal with. Wassalam

mohammed farah
01-03-2007, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=zaria;615470]
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
What a shame. First he was executed on Eid day and now he did not complete Shahada. They claim they did things Islamicaly yeah right. I think the Shiah authorities have shown the curruption that lies within them aswell as Saddam.[/QU

InshaAllah he said it before he came to the execution.
he couldnt have because he was arguing with the guards

skhalid
01-03-2007, 07:09 PM
The video shud ave not be published, becoz even small children were watchin it!!! It is not suitable for them, and after that may were askin' questions which we didn't know how to reply to make them understand what was happening!!!

zaria
01-03-2007, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress

How come:? we will never knew that,whether he completed his shahada, by observing a video,do we know if he pronounced it already in heart.come on guys be rational,there are lot speculations and gossip everywhere.

That is my point. He probably said it before execution, on his way to execution.

Fishman
01-03-2007, 07:46 PM
That is my point. He probably said it before execution, on his way to execution.
The Pharaoh also said Shahada before he drowned, but that was not accepted of him.

zaria
01-03-2007, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
The Pharaoh also said Shahada before he drowned, but that was not accepted of him.
Rather Allah (swt) excepted it, is with Allah and Allah Alim. The discussion is if he said it and if he said it all. Allah Alim.

Fishman
01-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Rather Allah (swt) excepted it, is with Allah and Allah Alim. The discussion is if he said it and if he said it all. Allah Alim.
I'm sure my translation of the Quran says that Pharaoh's repentance was not accepted. Well, as you said, Allaah (swt) knows best.

Anyway, I'm sure I read that Saddam did say the Shahada on death, but didn't manage to finish it.

skhalid
01-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Well ...everytime it was shown on the television...we had 2 change the channels...because it is unsuitable for children who are @ a yound age...they might even copy what they see...after all they don't always know that it is wrong to do so!!!

skhalid
01-03-2007, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
Well ...everytime it was shown on the television...we had 2 change the channels...because it is unsuitable for children who are @ a yound age...they might even copy what they see...after all they don't always know that it is wrong to do so!!!
Yeah One more reply and I become on a higher status woooooooooohoooooo

smartcard
01-03-2007, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
1. To settle an old score of his father's.

2. To prevent documents from coming to light during the Kurdish trial that would implicate the United States.

Ninth Scribe
3. Eliminating an Arab leader who is truly talking on the Palatine issue.

4. Destroying an Arabic leader who may obtain nuclear power.

5. To prevent the war support (secrets) provided to Iraq by America, which may implicate the US.

6. Who knows what more....

M2A^AKIB^
01-04-2007, 01:24 AM
seen the video... the quality was bad so it wasn't that scary!

AzizMostafa
01-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Someone said Somewhere:
His last words were 'Theres no God but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah'.
May Allah(SWT) have mercy on him, he died with the Shahada on his lips
and he died like a man, with no fear of his executioners.
How many of us will be blessed with the shahada as our dying declaration?
I have nothing to say but to remind him of Verse 10:90-92 of the Gloroious Quran that reads:
And We made the Children of Israel to pass through the sea,
then Firon and his hosts followed them insolently and impetuously (for oppression and tyranny)
Until when drowning overtook him, he said:
"I believe that there is no god but He in Whom the Children of Israel believe;
" and I am of those who submit."
Now? And indeed you disobeyed before and you were of the mischief*makers
But We will this day deliver you with your body that you may be a sign to those after you
And most surely the majority of the people are heedless of Our Signs
http://typophile.com/node/30209?from...ts_per_page=50

Akil
01-04-2007, 12:05 PM
I heard he got to “Mohammad” (pbuh) before death. Purely subjectively I would say that was dying with shahada on his lips.

Saddam was a bad man and deserved to die. Its tragic that he was killed in a partisan way, more like a Shia victory dance than a function of justice and it is sad that the Iraqi government choose to do this on Eids. Saddam is an intriguing figure indeed and much less the demon than some know.

He was a poor child with a rough upbringing
He never met his father and his stepfather mistreated him badly
He rose to power slowly but surely within the secular Baath party
He was a brutal dictator who unceremoniously murdered political rivals
He was a warlord bent on subjugating the Iraqi Shia
and by all accounts destroying the Kurds of Iraq
He led Iraq into becoming the most advanced state in the Middle East
And then led it to its destruction at the hands of Iran
He was first a US ally
And then Archenemy of the US ( and ironically, the Salafi as well )
He had tried to assassinate a former US President (Bush senior)
After he was taken from power he felt no remorse for his rule of terror
He was always nothing less than courteous to the US soldiers that guarded him and took care of him
He personally thanked each one present before being led away by the Shia to be executed
In his final letter he endorsed violent jihad in Palestine
In his final letter he urged for unity and civility even toward US citizens
He died with the Quran in his hands, saying Shahada.

He is dead now, let God judge him and may he show Saddam, mercy that Saddam never showed his rivals or victims.

Nablus
01-05-2007, 02:52 PM
we are shocked in the islamic world .

Bush ,Ihud olmert ,and Blair should be hanged for their crimes in Iraq , Afaghanistan, Palestine and other areas in the world

Jayda
01-05-2007, 03:12 PM
hola,

if i may ask... why do people want to watch this?

Dios te bendiga

Akil
01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Because humanity is morbid

ZAYD
01-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Saddam said the shahada in full once, then when he repeated it for a second time he got to "Muhammad" and was hung.
Firawn was a kaafir who said the kalima at a time when he knew it was too late, saddam was a muslim all his life.

Keltoi
01-05-2007, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ash19
Saddam said the shahada in full once, then when he repeated it for a second time he got to "Muhammad" and was hung.
Firawn was a kaafir who said the kalima at a time when he knew it was too late, saddam was a muslim all his life.
Saddam was a Muslim all his life huh? That is strange since he was the leader of the Ba'ath Party, hardly a religious movement. It also seems strange to label Saddam a "Muslim" in light of the atrocities he was guilty of. I agree that his execution was handled badly, but that doesn't mean one should prop him up as a "martyr" because he said something Islamic before he died. Saddam was a Muslim when it suited his political objectives, nothing less and nothing more.

Akil
01-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Speaking ill of the dead is wrong, so I will say nothing about Saddam other than what I already have.

ZAYD
01-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Saddam was a Muslim all his life huh? That is strange since he was the leader of the Ba'ath Party, hardly a religious movement.
No one said it was a religious movement, they may have done things wrong and not for one second am i making excuses for any of their actions. But he was still a muslim.

ZAYD
01-05-2007, 11:44 PM
It also seems strange to label Saddam a "Muslim" in light of the atrocities he was guilty of.
If a chap at the church can 'bless you' and 'forgive you' or whatever it is that they do if you 'confess' to him,
dont you think the Creator of Forgiveness, Love and Mercy can forgive a man no matter how sinful?

ZAYD
01-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I agree that his execution was handled badly, but that doesn't mean one should prop him up as a "martyr" because he said something Islamic before he died.

Muslims believe it to be a great virtue if you die with the Declaration of Faith on your lips. Even if one died in the comfort of his home, lieing on his bed, with his family at his side, if he/she reads the shahada before death then inshallah they will also be elevated as a martyr. Please understand and respect this.

ZAYD
01-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Saddam was a Muslim when it suited his political objectives, nothing less and nothing more.

Similar to Ariel Sharon(Zionist Jew), Ehud Olmert(Zionist Jew), George Bush(Christian), Tony Blair(Christians) and alot of people who are mislead by shaytaan once they get a bit of power.
(cough-moderators-cough):)

Saddam may not have been a 'practising muslim' for a long period of time (allah knows best) but he was a muslim nonetheless.
personally i think he was lucky as he had a chance to change his ways towards the end of his life, something no-one is guaranteed to have.

Muhammad
01-05-2007, 11:59 PM

I think it is time for this thread to be closed, especially since it has pretty much gone off-topic. Whatever Saddam did, we can only leave Allaah to deal with His servants in the manner most just and befitting for them. We do not need to begin debating whether or not he can be considered a Muslim; rather it would perhaps be more productive to condemn acts of violence that do not hold a place in Islam. Everyone will be accountable to Allaah for their deeds, so let us focus on what we have prepared for ourselves.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.