/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pilgrims thank Allah for peaceful Hajj

BlissfullyJaded
01-02-2007, 02:02 AM
:sl:

Pilgrims thank Allah for peaceful Hajj
January 1, 2007 - 10:20PM

More than 2.5 million Muslim pilgrims were performing final devil-stoning rites on Monday, thanking God and Saudi Arabia there had been no repeat of the tragedies that marred the hajj in recent years.

"Praise be to God, we have had a safe hajj this year. I bring my sons with me normally (for protection), but this year I found I was okay without them," said Saadiya Mustafa from Egypt.

"The organisation has been great," said Indian pilgrim Sayed Yousef, sitting on top of a van amid severe traffic congestion on the final day of hajj. "I was here two years ago, but this time there was more free food and less hassle."

Authorities congratulated themselves that the hajj rites had passed off without incident so far, although the last day could see a surge of pilgrims in the rush to finish and leave.

"There have been no security violations at all at the Jamarat area," Interior Minister Prince Nayef told reporters.

It was on the final day of the last hajj that 362 pilgrims were crushed to death during the stoning-throwing ritual. Another such incident would be a major embarrassment for Saudi Arabia in the Islamic world.

New construction work completed in recent months allows 250,000 pilgrims to pass over the Jamarat Bridge each hour, to throw stones at three large walls representing the spot where Satan tempted the biblical patriarch Abraham. For the first time, Saudi authorities have also removed pilgrim squatters who often set up makeshift tents in the area.

Saudi Arabia regularly deploys more than 50,000 security men to try to avoid deadly stampedes, as well as attacks by al Qaeda-linked militants opposed to the US-allied Saudi royals.

The five-day rites were overshadowed by the hanging on Saturday of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, a hero to some Sunni Arabs because of his anti-US stance, but hated by many Shi'ites.

Saudi Arabia criticised Iraq for despoiling the spirit of the hajj, one of the world's biggest displays of mass religious devotion, which is a duty for all able-bodied Muslims who can afford it.

The hanging also raised fears of clashes at the hajj, where police have used force to put down protests in the past.

Security was already tight during this hajj season because of sectarian strife between Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims in Iraq and elsewhere in the region.
Saudi officials say 2.4 million pilgrims are officially on the hajj, but with hundreds of thousands of local residents sneaking into Mecca without official permits, the total number could be closer to a record 3 million.
Pilgrims, mostly on foot, cover a 44-kilometre route around Mecca during the gruelling rites, as well as walking some 15 kilometres in at least three visits to the city's vast mosque complex.
Source

:thumbs_up to the Saudi's for finally getting together alhamdulillah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
01-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Masha'allah walhamdulillah :)

Maimunah
01-02-2007, 01:55 PM
alhamdulilaah

wasalaam

- Qatada -
01-02-2007, 02:03 PM
:salamext:

Alhamdulillah..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
01-02-2007, 02:09 PM

Alhamdulillah!!! Jazak'Allah Khair for the post, Sister Jawharah!

Qurratul Ayn

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-03-2007, 02:07 AM
Hajj Ends Without Incident

RIYADH — Saudi Arabia breathed a sigh of relief on Tuesday, January 2, that the hajj of some 2.5 million Muslims has ended without the deadly crowding or violent clashes which marred other years.
"I'm sure all security personnel feel satisfaction and relief right now ... The security plan was applied precisely, leading to the great success of this hajj," Reuters quoted as saying Interior Minister Prince Nayef.

Last January 362 pilgrims were crushed to death during a stone-throwing ritual at the Jamarat Bridge in the worst hajj tragedy in 16 years. In 2004 250 people died at the same spot.

Another such incident would have been an embarrassment for the Saudi government after spending millions of dollars on expanding the Jamarat Bridge.

"It is our duty to treat pilgrims well and handle the pressure of such a number of people from different cultures," the prince told officers.

"You implemented orders without hurting any pilgrim, even if they swore at you, which is difficult."

Security police — part of a 50,000 deployment to organize and protect the hajj — had instructions to be stricter than normal in removing pilgrim squatters who often set up makeshift tents and wade through the crowds with personal belongings.

New construction work completed in recent months allowed up to 250,000 pilgrims to pass over the bridge each hour in the last three days of the five-day hajj.

The pilgrims, some in groups others alone, completed hurling pebbles at all three Jamarat, the three wide walls representing Satan, Monday, January 1.

Pilgrims chanting "God is Great" threw seven small pebbles at each of the three gray stone walls.

Some of the pilgrims who stayed back in Mina after yesterday’s stoning will repeat the ritual again today as the hajj draws to a close.

Farewell

Thousands of pilgrims circled the Ka`bah Tuesday before bidding farewell to Makkah while others stoned pillars representing Satan in nearby Mina as the hajj pilgrimage drew to a close.

In the last ritual of the annual pilgrimage, tens of thousands of faithful walked seven times around the Ka`bah in the Grand Mosque complex in Makkah and then knelt to pray.

The Ka`bah, with a black stone set in the eastern corner, is not an object of worship, even though Muslims pray towards it, but a sanctuary and a spiritual center.

The hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam which all able-bodied Muslims must undertake once in a lifetime if they have the means.

Huge traffic jams built up between Mina and Makkah as faithful done with stoning pillars headed to Makkah, turning the usually short journey into a two-hour drive.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...News/NWELayout

Roo_88
01-03-2007, 03:16 AM
SubhanAllah

sudais1
01-03-2007, 03:48 AM
thats good alhamdulilah i guess Saudi royals actually did something right:D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-03-2007, 03:58 AM
^^Lol, i agree ;D

AHMED_GUREY
01-03-2007, 04:04 AM
Masha-allah! thanks for the good news sis!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-03-2007, 04:05 AM
yeaa.. thas why i put it up lol. finally a change! yay lol.

AHMED_GUREY
01-03-2007, 04:08 AM
:D :thumbs_up

BlissfullyJaded
01-03-2007, 04:33 AM

"You implemented orders without hurting any pilgrim, even if they swore at you, which is difficult."
I can imagine that is difficult...swearing is the very least, some even resort to pushing and physically harming the police!

They really did an awesome job this year mashaAllah. Can't wait to hear the stories about it from our LI members who were there.

mano_the_cat
01-03-2007, 07:35 AM
salam friend.
yes its quite good that the hajj rituals ended without heavy causalties ...
the whole thing was just ----- what can i say .. masha'Allah .... no desriptions needed.
well, i must like to mention there was an incident in arafat where one of the saudi royal buses crushed a young man ... due to that many people did not make it to muzdalifa for the night stay.
over all, it was the best arrangement till now.
sorry fellows my mobile got stolen at mina otherwise i would have shared the pics of the holy kaaba, mina & jamaraat i took ...
anyway, wish you all had lovely eid.

BlissfullyJaded
01-03-2007, 07:55 AM

Wow, you were there for Hajj? Hajj mabroor inshaAllah. Pleeease share more stories with us of your experience in a new thread inshaAllah.

mohammed farah
01-03-2007, 09:10 AM
thanks to allah no one got hurt

E'jaazi
01-03-2007, 09:51 AM
The Saudi Goverment should remember that people dying during Hajj is not an embarrassment. Why? Because Allah has decreed that those people die at that moment. And what a Mercy from Allah! You die making Hajj, when all of your sins are forgiven and you gain paradise! Your soul is being taken in the Holy Land! Masha Allah!

BlissfullyJaded
01-03-2007, 06:42 PM

The fact that they're dying in Hajj is not what anybody is embarrased about. People still died this year during Hajj. However, not being about to control a deadly stampede from occuring is something to be embarrased about.

skhalid
01-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Subhana Allah walhamdulilaah walailahailawaha Allah huakbar!!!!
Inshallah...It will be even better each year.....aaaamin

zaria
01-03-2007, 08:09 PM
MashaAllah, Alhamduillah

khazina
02-05-2007, 05:18 PM
mashallah beautiful posts beautiful ALLHUMDUILLAH HOW MY HEART LONGS TO SEE MADINA AGAIN AND AGAIN

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.