/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Driving tests' are getting harder

England
01-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Tougher Tests For Young
Updated: 08:14, Tuesday January 02, 2007

Young people could soon find themselves facing tougher driving tests - and they may have to learn about driving in new school lessons.

The Government wants to make a certain level of formal training compulsory before taking the test.

And some form of education in driving may become part of the school curriculum.

Road standards minister Stephen Ladyman said the current system was flawed.

It allowed would-be drivers to pass the test without developing a proper sense of road safety.

He told The Times: "We've developed this attitude that you first learn to pass the test, and then you learn to drive."

The Driving Standards Agency is understood to be looking at the Swedish system, under which young people accumulate 120 hours of driver training before taking their test.

Also under consideration is the possibility of expanding the current 40-minute practical test.

In future it could cover a wider range of skills, including night-driving and the use of different types of road.

Government research reveals that young males have the best pass rates in the driving test despite being the most dangerous drivers once they pass.

Male drivers aged 17-20 are almost 10 times more likely to be killed or seriously injured behind the wheel than men aged 40-59.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...559773,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aisha20
01-02-2007, 04:40 PM
i think its kinda better in that way cuz then there will be more practice, lessons n pples will learn to drive better so they will prevent any type of accidents than an simple n easy driving test

England
01-02-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm glad I've passed mine :D but a year before I passed it there was no such thing as the hazard perception theory test so things change very quickly. I just hope I don't lose all my points and have to go through the whole thing again :skeleton:

I don't think a lack of education is the problem in driving. There's alot of guys my age that speed to give them an image. They try to impress girls in a dangerous manner. What I do find funny though is these people putting a spoiler, speeding, dressing up their Corsa or Ford Fiesta as a sports car lol

Pk_#2
01-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah apparently the hazard thing is really stoopid, pathetic and annoying :D

Ahh man....!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maarya
01-02-2007, 05:42 PM
salam

my mum was telling me about this earlier today. they're always saying things about the driving age and tests etc.
i've got 10 months till i'm 17 so i can drive, and the closer to 17 i've got, the more 'issues' there are about driving!!!
remember they were saying they want to move the age up to 18 or 19, i asked an instructor and he laughed! he said it was just rumours that have been going on for years.

wslm

England
01-02-2007, 05:45 PM
The hazard perception was the hardest step in the test. I'm not I could pass that again despite being on the road for the past 2 years.
I agree with you.... STOOOOOOOOOPID :blind:

Pk_#2
01-02-2007, 05:48 PM
If you were a Muslim i wudv'e taught you a good way of passing without trying, ahh nevamind...you loss *ahem*

MaArya i heard dah too :|

Tc bro

England
01-02-2007, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maarya
salam

my mum was telling me about this earlier today. they're always saying things about the driving age and tests etc.
i've got 10 months till i'm 17 so i can drive, and the closer to 17 i've got, the more 'issues' there are about driving!!!
remember they were saying they want to move the age up to 18 or 19, i asked an instructor and he laughed! he said it was just rumours that have been going on for years.

wslm
There are too many cars on the road so the government are doing their best to keep cars off the road. They're supposedly drawing up plans to make drivers pay to use the roads. A certain amount every mile. It's STOOOOOOOOPID. :rollseyes

England
01-02-2007, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
If you were a Muslim i wudv'e taught you a good way of passing without trying, ahh nevamind...you loss *ahem*

Marya i heard dah too :|

Tc bro
I don't need to know :p So there! The only way I'd need to is if I lost my licence but I won't because I'm aware of the consequences.

Blackmail lol

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
i herd dat 2:( dat dey moving da age up2 21.. NOOOOOOOO!

Pk_#2
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
i never once blackmailed...jeeeez, i was jus saying init.

so there x infinity!

Maarya
01-02-2007, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
i herd dat 2:( dat dey moving da age up2 21.. NOOOOOOOO!
:sl:

They're not!!! its just rumours; well, thats what a driving instructor told me anyway. he said that this one's years old and is surprised that its still going round! :)

:w:

Maarya
01-02-2007, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
There are too many cars on the road so the government are doing their best to keep cars off the road. They're supposedly drawing up plans to make drivers pay to use the roads. A certain amount every mile. It's STOOOOOOOOPID. :rollseyes
you're right. it is very stupid!!

England
01-02-2007, 06:02 PM
:giggling:
*notices the image in this article has been limited. Perhaps with it being a blonde lady*

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 06:05 PM
LOL datz mean ^

anyway, i hope it isnt :p

sudais1
01-02-2007, 06:08 PM
right when im old enough to get my license the make it harder , how great:mmokay:

England
01-02-2007, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
right when im old enough to get my license the make it harder , how great:mmokay:
:rollseyes This only applies to the UK...

Pk_#2
01-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Alhamdhulillah for bro :'(

I still have to struggle when its ma turn!

England
01-02-2007, 06:22 PM
It's only the hazard perception that is a problem. Everything else is easy. I paid £530 for week crash course, failed my first test, passed the 2nd with flying colours. At the moment the driving isn't much of a problem but it's recommended people to get in it before it gets harder and harder. When I pass my joinery/carpenter course it's going to be VERY useful.

Pk_#2
01-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Do you have to pump up a tyre? during the test,

I dun wna do it! If you do!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 06:26 PM
oo u pump a tyre up? lol

i want 2 take a crash course, i fink il pass 1st tym :D *inshahallah :p* lol

Maarya
01-02-2007, 06:27 PM

salam

my mum did her test a couple of years ago and they didnt make her do anything like that then. i think she said that she had to point out the engine, where the water goes and where the oil goes in the bonnet bt nothing more that that. i'm not sure about now though, bt i doubt its changed.

wslm

England
01-02-2007, 06:31 PM

No you don't. The part that Maarya is referring to is 2 basic questions the examiner asks you before the test. You're given a sheet with the the answers on them which are short and easy. You just basically revise them.

Besides pumping a tyre up is simple.

Pk_#2
01-02-2007, 06:40 PM
oh yeah i heard of the Questions aparently they are easy, phew!

InshaAllah sis Sheffy!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 06:56 PM
inshahallah :D

Woodrow
01-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Don't feel bad here in Texas I will have to take the full test and a full physical if I decide to renew mine after it expires this year and from then on every time I renew it. But, I doubt if I will even bother to renew it . I haven't driven in almost 2 years now.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-02-2007, 07:14 PM
2years :-\ whoa, i cant wait 2 get my car :D:D inshahallah

England
01-02-2007, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Don't feel bad here in Texas I will have to take the full test and a full physical if I decide to renew mine after it expires this year and from then on every time I renew it. But, I doubt if I will even bother to renew it . I haven't driven in almost 2 years now.
You have to keep renewing your licence? :skeleton: Mine doesn't expire until 2055 :statisfie

sudais1
01-02-2007, 09:30 PM
oh k thx

skhalid
01-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Well..ppl hurry up and get your drivin' test becoz rules changes every year...and there is no way to stop them....I'm do mine when I'm 17....a long way 2 go lol

Maarya
01-02-2007, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
2years :-\ whoa, i cant wait 2 get my car :D:D inshahallah
same here! lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.