/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why are u not revealing ur correct location?

Abdul-Raouf
01-03-2007, 04:23 AM
whats the reason behind???

* is it just for fun

or * do u feel insecured

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shadow
01-03-2007, 04:30 AM
Yes, im very insecure because my friend once told me that internet stalkers love hanging out on religious debate forums. Those sick sick people:raging:

WHOOSH, my humur probably did not make sense to anyone, I just do it for fun. Err, the location I mean.

*charisma*
01-03-2007, 04:39 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Incase anyone wants to stalk Shade here..he's from the UK..

lol and yea, it's more for the fun, I suppose, since most of us get used to each other pretty fast, you'd be able to tell by how they type or they might mention that they know someone that's been here long from the same location. Connections, connections.

Oh yea, and there's a thread that asks "Where are you from?".

Newbies do tend to list where they're from or announce it, then afterwards once they get adjusted, they just change it.

If you don't mind me asking, why would you think that it'd be insecurity?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Woodrow
01-03-2007, 04:43 AM
I just checked my Drivers license. I really am in Austin. Am I supposed to hide my location?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
01-03-2007, 04:44 AM
:sl:

I do have my correct location listed. Ok, ok, the vagueness just for fun. A lot of members know where I'm from, although I guess that others can't guess since I use innit too much. lol

AvarAllahNoor
01-03-2007, 05:08 AM
I fear for my safety....

BlissfullyJaded
01-03-2007, 05:19 AM
Yeah, I'm sure...with all the stalkers you have. :X

*charisma*
01-03-2007, 05:31 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I fear for my safety....
Yeah, I'm sure...with all the stalkers you have. :X
AvarAllahNoor- Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago 11:23 PM
Viewing Thread Should the Taliban....??? - 1 Minute Ago

We'll gather this type of information within the next week and use it to conclude the area in which he possibly resides within a 5 mile radius. If anyone has any information, please feel free to contact the administration team.

Yes, I am now his loyal stalker for this upcoming week.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

AvarAllahNoor
01-03-2007, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

AvarAllahNoor- Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago 11:23 PM
Viewing Thread Should the Taliban....??? - 1 Minute Ago

We'll gather this type of information within the next week and use it to conclude the area in which he possibly resides within a 5 mile radius. If anyone has any information, please feel free to contact the administration team.

Yes, I am now his loyal stalker for this upcoming week.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
You working for the U.S? Keeping tabs on me.

AHMED_GUREY
01-03-2007, 06:05 AM
i've been floating around somewhere in the galaxy ever since they canceled Pluto as a legitimate planet:cry:

gotta find myself a new planet

Venus?? :-[

yep :D

*charisma*
01-03-2007, 06:22 AM
You working for the U.S? Keeping tabs on me.
Nah, not US. They don't pay me enough. Other than that, I am abided by contract not to reveal any more information. I'm sorry.

Alright, I'm leaving this thread lol..sorry for going off topic. (Mamsoo made me do it)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

BlissfullyJaded
01-03-2007, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
i've been floating around somewhere in the galaxy ever since they canceled Pluto as a legitimate planet:cry:

gotta find myself a new planet

Venus?? :-[

yep :D

How about Earth? We warmly welcome you here!

AHMED_GUREY
01-03-2007, 06:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

How about Earth? We warmly welcome you here!
Earth to Ahmed earth to aaaahmed :playing:

ahhh i get it:D

thank you

The Ruler
01-03-2007, 02:59 PM

none of the reason...so i chose both the options...and btw...i wrote my location as what it is is because i just like it...and that i love planet pluto...yes ofcourse...i love my homeland...planning on visiting saturn soon...ima float on the ring thingamajig.

:w:

Ninth_Scribe
01-03-2007, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shadow
Yes, im very insecure because my friend once told me that internet stalkers love hanging out on religious debate forums. Those sick sick people:raging:

WHOOSH, my humur probably did not make sense to anyone, I just do it for fun. Err, the location I mean.
I write my locaton as "= to time and space" because it accurately reflects my location at any given time in any different space. I'm my own reference point, lol...

but no one got that amusement either :statisfie

Ninth Scribe

seeker_of_ilm
01-03-2007, 06:35 PM

I kept mine as the correct location, I really am from Scabb Island, home of Largo LeGrande, in the capital town of Woodtick. And hopefully one day, I will be venturing into Monkey Island, despite the heavy presence of Cannibals.

skhalid
01-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I have no problem bout revealling my location...as u can see I'm from United Kingdom-England, in a small town called Reading lol
Sometimes people don't want others to know where they are at...and I don't find that to be a big problem at all....but I'm more concerned why people are hidin' their way of life...we ain't gonna judge!!! U shud b proud of ur religion and let other people know what it is ;)

~Raindrop~
01-03-2007, 07:00 PM
lol, id forever be changing mine....birmingham, bradford,birmingham, bradford....

Fishman
01-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Which hamster am I in?

Pk_#2
01-04-2007, 12:31 AM
^^ None?

urm...i would give my location out to anybody, i love meeting strangers!

No seriously, the location i got...well i duno what it is i keep changing it!

Oh yeah i like the sound of Islamistan, urm i nicked it from Baldy man but i dint wana make it to obvious, that would be identity theft WHICH IS A SERIOUS CRIME lol, so 'im visiting' ;) urmmmm but i preferred my previous location which was inside the Ribena carton, man i miss my Ribena!!!!!

Peace!

Woodrow
01-04-2007, 01:59 AM
In reality giving out identifying information is not a good idea on a public forum. About the closest I will give anybody is the name of the City I live in and only because it is a large area. My son can't even find where I live and he has my exact address. I have to go to his house in Louisiana when I want to see him.

snakelegs
01-04-2007, 04:11 AM
when i first joined, i didn't give my location. then i realized how much i like to know vaguely where people are so i changed it.
for some reason it is one of the first things i wonder about. i don't think a person should go in to detail on the internet, but something like "california" is perfectly safe.

sudais1
01-04-2007, 05:26 AM
i live in Calgary, i dont like but i do. therse no point in fearing stalkers if allah wills no one harms you no one will harm you, simple

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-04-2007, 05:29 AM
i dont think i need to share my info! u never know who might stalk u. nowhere is safe :X so0o0o i chose option 2 :D

Ninth_Scribe
01-05-2007, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
I have no problem bout revealling my location...as u can see I'm from United Kingdom-England, in a small town called Reading lol
Sometimes people don't want others to know where they are at...and I don't find that to be a big problem at all....but I'm more concerned why people are hidin' their way of life...we ain't gonna judge!!! U shud b proud of ur religion and let other people know what it is ;)
Well, I can't speak for everyone that does this, but my religion doesn't exist - at least not yet. It's very complex, but I have a really hard time accepting all the divisions and until I've found a way to recognize them all and reconcile them to create the 'oneness' they promise, I'm stuck out in the ozone by my lonesome.

It's not that I choose to 'hide' the information, but this forum just supplies a drop down list of named religions and traditions, which doesn't help me since I'm not able to "define" these choices. For instance are the following good or bad to Muslims?

Tattoos?
Raised graves?
Communication with the departed?
Martyrdom missions?
Kaab Al Ahbar?

There's many more where that came from, by the way... but you get the idea. If I pledge before these questions are answered, it would be like throwing it to the four winds... it could wind up almost anywhere!

In short, when I find my path... you'll be the first to know, lol.

Ninth Scribe

chacha_jalebi
01-05-2007, 07:15 PM
i think people just do it for the fun of it :D and like sista falasteen said, most people know where everyone is from, by the time they spend on here :D

also talkin about location, dont you just hate it when you ask someone where you from, and there like "outside birmingham" and you like "ok, im also outside birmingham, which part of outside birmingham u from:p" :D

no1_outbider
01-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Iv put my real location up.By mentioning the country im in doesnt reveal much!!!

However i never useto put a location up before.The reason why i have here is that you get to see that there are muslims all ove the world and what these people think :)

Al_Imaan
01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm not revealing my location cuz no one else is, so why should I?

chacha_jalebi
01-05-2007, 07:27 PM
^ erm lol its not like your givin out your bank details, its jus a location :D lol

im from london :Dto whom ever it may concern :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-05-2007, 08:04 PM
US..and thats it!
im thinkin bout changin my name..even tho ppl know it now! :X
shouldnt have chose this one :X

skhalid
01-05-2007, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
I write my locaton as "= to time and space" because it accurately reflects my location at any given time in any different space. I'm my own reference point, lol...

but no one got that amusement either :statisfie

Ninth Scribe
:enough!: I understand you lol

Al_Imaan
01-05-2007, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
^ erm lol its not like your givin out your bank details, its jus a location :D lol

im from london :Dto whom ever it may concern :D
lol:D ...I know...well I live in the US...does that make a difference?:rollseyes

PSmuslim
01-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Assalaamualaikum,

My location is very very secret. Yet I've told too much :D

Re.TiReD
01-06-2007, 02:28 PM
:sl: my location is where I want to be, dint reveal my real one coz it's not really relevant, lol :) :w:

Helena
01-06-2007, 04:24 PM

my location most ppl are aware of......i think......

when i first joined it...i chose to show....but now its not revealed anymore.....

i guess for just...no reasons....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.