/* */

PDA

View Full Version : just a question

Periwinkle18
01-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Okay ummm
i have this net friend from china
i'm having problems getting her convinced that there is a GOd
she says its possible but won't believe !
Also i told her that the world is so perfect and all therefore A GOD must have made it. but she popped up with , no its not perfect coz there is alot of poverty and bad etc in the world n e ways help me out guys wht do i say??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
E'jaazi
01-03-2007, 09:41 AM
There are alot of things you could say, but they may not make a difference. If the person will not listen, then you have done your job. Make supplication for them and then leave it alone. Only IMHO.

mohammed farah
01-03-2007, 09:47 AM
With all the bad in the world how can a kind and loving God be almighty and ruling over it?

"The world is filled with wonderful opportunities brilliantly disguised as intractable problems."

Human beings can only reach virtues by choosing with their free will not to pursue vices. If a computer is programmed to always tell the truth we wouldn't call it virtuous. To appreciate light there must be darkness. To appreciate life there must be death. We cannot learn unless we make some mistakes.

Indeed God does have absolute knowledge of all things and has power over all things and He does love human beings. The bad in the world should be seen, not as inherently bad but rather as lessons for humanity from which it must learn and through which we appreciate the value of good things as and when we earn them through our efforts.

So much wrong has been done in the name of God.

All people who deliberately do wrongs in the name of God risk the worst punishment in hell because they are hypocrites. To do something in the name of God is because you are trying to do what is right.

The real intention of people who do knowingly do wrong in the name of God is in just a cover for actions which are in the name of something else.

These other justifications are all possible and present without religion. A genuinely religious Muslim must remove any intention in his / her action which is not purely to please Allah through doing what is right.

if you want more information then here a website

http://www.islamic.org.uk/whyislam.htm

peace.

lolwatever
01-03-2007, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nimrafarrukh
Okay ummm
Also i told her that the world is so perfect and all therefore A GOD must have made it. but she popped up with , no its not perfect coz there is alot of poverty and bad etc in the world n e ways help me out guys wht do i say??
salams sis :)

The world is perfect in terms of physical structure, everything is designed very perfectly.

The imperfections as far as povert is concerned has nothing to do with design, it's due to our injustice. It's also a sign that this world is not the final destination, there's something better awaiting us.

Also, tell your friend, science tells us the universe came into being from literaly nothing, does she think that being can come into existance from non being without a cause? What cause does she have in mind?

From our obseveration, we know that nothing cna come into existance from non existance unless there's something supernatural doing it. We believe that supernatural creator to be Allaah :)

all the bset!

salams

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
01-03-2007, 03:12 PM
O thank you everyone!! may Allah bless u guys!!
I'll b sure to go and put forward this stuff. however she's a verysimple girl and I'm praying that she understands the whole creation of the uni thing!
Uknow wht i really don't want to just leave her coz she's interested and isn't acting stubborn for the sake of it! i think it's my poor quality explaination that is causing the problem . O please pray that i am able to get the message across!!!
thanks everyone
i'll keep u updated on wht ever else happens

Periwinkle18
01-03-2007, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackjubba
There are alot of things you could say, but they may not make a difference. If the person will not listen, then you have done your job. Make supplication for them and then leave it alone. Only IMHO.
:sl:
sorry but whts the meaning of IMHO
jazakallah

glo
01-04-2007, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
sorry but whts the meaning of IMHO
jazakallah
IMHO means 'in my humble opinion'

netprince
01-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Okay ummm

Heres how Imam Abu Hanifa(RA) answered the same kind of question:

The same question was asked, by an atheist, of Imam Abu Hanifa (R.a.) and he replied, “Forget it! At the moment, I am busy thinking about this ship. People tell me there is a big ship, it contains
different goods on board. There is no one to steer it, no one maintaining it. Yet, this ship keeps going back and forth; it even traverses big waves on the oceans; it stops at the locations that it is supposed to stop at; it continues in the direction that it is supposed to head. This ship has no captain and no one planning its trips.”

The atheist who posed the question interrupted and exclaimed, “What kind of strange and silly thought is this? How can any intelligent person think that some thing like this can occur?”

Imam Abu Hanifa said, “I feel sorry about your state! You cannot imagine one ship running without some one looking after its affairs. Yet you think that for this whole world, which runs exactly and precisely, there is no one who looks after it, and no one owns it.”

Hearing the reply, the atheist was left speechless but he found out more about Haqq (The Truth) and proclaimed Islam.

Numaan
01-04-2007, 07:50 PM
"give him/her a ladder into the sky a hole into the ground"
they still won't believe

lolwatever
01-05-2007, 08:27 AM
O thank you everyone!! may Allah bless u guys!!
I'll b sure to go and put forward this stuff. however she's a verysimple girl and I'm praying that she understands the whole creation of the uni thing!
Uknow wht i really don't want to just leave her coz she's interested and isn't acting stubborn for the sake of it! i think it's my poor quality explaination that is causing the problem . O please pray that i am able to get the message across!!!
thanks everyone
i'll keep u updated on wht ever else happens
did u try tellin her wat i said? tell us what her reply is n we can take it from there :)

May allah guide her if she's sincere ameen!:thumbs_up

:w: :D

alitheislamian
01-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Okay ummm
thats wat happened to me once. and after that I started learning from Ahmadeedat and zakir naik and once i've learn t enough.i'll start preaching then.
I would suggest that u too start watching lectures of Ahmadeedat and zakir Naik for they help alot.
May Allah help u.
And as far as ur question is concerned ithink u completed ur farz there.

Periwinkle18
01-07-2007, 09:30 AM
i listen to kamal makki i really like his lectures

Periwinkle18
01-17-2007, 02:37 PM
I've gotten her to the point with everyones help and the greatest helper of ALL ALLAH
where she says it's possible that there is a creator

The Ruler
01-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Okay ummm
well...you can say that the poverty and the bad in this world is a test for us...if we hold our ground with patience and steadfastness, we will succeed in the hereafter insha'allah, but if we become impatient and start to think that all this bad is because there is no heavenly One that is there to look after us, then we have left the path of truth and wronged. Thus it is a test for us so that we can be patient and hold onto our deen instead of wavering and leaving it.

i hope that helps.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.