/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unfair

skhalid
01-03-2007, 08:51 PM
I went to Muscat last summer....and it was great to be able to hear the Adhan of each prayer...for so long I have been in England....which is a not a fully developed Islamic coutry and so Adhans are forbidden to propose for praying times!!!
Don't you think its a bit unfair really?!
I know it aint an Islamic country like Muscat...Oman...Dubai and so on but...I cryed the first time I heared the Adhan live :cry: ...someone actually saying it out loud for the whole community to hear, for so long I aint heared an actual Adhan being said, it was like felt something in my heart after hearing it....but because it is not allowed in the U.K ...nowonder some people forget to pray sometimes because the Adhan is not here to remind them.:raging:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SUMMAYAH
01-03-2007, 09:19 PM
I live in bradford, (which is in UK) and my local mosque calls adhan for zohar, asr and magrib out loud that could be heard in all the nearby streets. It's beautiful. My parents local mosque also call people to pray out loud I have a sister in leicester and i've heard adhan there too and also in Preston. so I don't think it's a matter of 'not allowed.' Where do you live?

skhalid
01-03-2007, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
I live in bradford, (which is in UK) and my local mosque calls adhan for zohar, asr and magrib out loud that could be heard in all the nearby streets. It's beautiful. My parents local mosque also call people to pray out loud I have a sister in leicester and i've heard adhan there too and also in Preston. so I don't think it's a matter of 'not allowed.' Where do you live?
I live in Reading :rollseyes

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-04-2007, 01:13 PM
:salamext:

It's not allowed where I live either. Maybe if the Muslims in the area where you live made a petition the council would allow it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
skhalid
01-04-2007, 01:19 PM
I fink my community has already tried that and failed...but we aint givin' up...we are not quitters!!! We will try everything we can....until the day we succeed....Allah will helo us win....inshallah He will always be in our favour!!!

Re.TiReD
01-04-2007, 01:23 PM
:sl: it's allowed in Preston and Blackburn and it is Beautiful! Masha'Allah, my town isnt that big and the masjids arent either so I doubt they'd even consider it but for the bro who lives in reading :enough!: you gotta speak out Insha'Allah, I know people in reading and it has a Masha'Allah good Muslim pop...hope it all works out :w:

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Keep making petitions till the council get sick to death of you.

Umm Khalid06
01-04-2007, 02:23 PM
it's allowed in east london:)

Woodrow
01-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Here in the US it is allowed in some communities but not others, It is permitted at the Masjids I attend in Austin.

However, in the communities where it is not allowed, church bells are also banned.

Pk_#2
01-04-2007, 02:47 PM
^^ well that's fair nuff

But i wouldn't be happy, i would rather they allowed both, then none, church bells don't bother me!

Urm....i hear the adhan all the time!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh :D

rav
01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
I went to Muscat last summer....and it was great to be able to hear the Adhan of each prayer...for so long I have been in England....which is a not a fully developed Islamic coutry and so Adhans are forbidden to propose for praying times!!!
Don't you think its a bit unfair really?!
I know it aint an Islamic country like Muscat...Oman...Dubai and so on but...I cryed the first time I heared the Adhan live :cry: ...someone actually saying it out loud for the whole community to hear, for so long I aint heared an actual Adhan being said, it was like felt something in my heart after hearing it....but because it is not allowed in the U.K ...nowonder some people forget to pray sometimes because the Adhan is not hereto remind them.:raging:
Jews are commanded to pray three times a day and we do not need a loudspeaker to remind us. We simply remember to do it.

Kittygyal
01-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu
tis NOT allowed in Bristol either, ah well what a shame
Ma'assalama

*love4isl@m*
01-04-2007, 05:31 PM
I live in leicester, where mainly surrounded by muslims & non muslims too...
Most of which r muslims & Alhamdulillah, I thank ALlah so much i hear it...
The area i live in now the call is not very loud:cry: but masha'allah in my prev...
area i used to hear 2 adhan calls 1 after another Very loudly and it was beautiful Masha'allah!

mohammed farah
01-04-2007, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rav
Jews are commanded to pray three times a day and we do not need a loudspeaker to remind us. We simply remember to do it.
some of us have jobs schools etc so we might tend to forget accidently. (we are humans after all):)

skhalid
01-04-2007, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
some of us have jobs schools etc so we might tend to forget accidently. (we are humans after all):)
Exactly....and eveyone want to get rewarded for small acts like saying the Adhan for all to hear!!!:D

MH-UK
01-04-2007, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lilly_rose
it's allowed in east london:)
:sl:

really? i've never heard it.... whereabouts?

*love4isl@m*
01-04-2007, 11:34 PM
1 thing though, its neva da same as i an arab Country..
I know that as a fact as i've been and the athaan really touched me, :cry:
this is because u feel it much down there then in European Countries!!!

Umar001
01-04-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't understand in what way is it unfair?

P.S anyone know of any masjids in London looking for a Mu'adhin then please tell me :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.