/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson's Quran

Keltoi
01-04-2007, 02:17 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070103/.../ellison_quran

Here is a link to the story about the particular Quran that Ellison will swear upon. I found this little tidbit of info sort of interesting. I never knew Thomas Jefferson owned a Quran.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Erundur
01-04-2007, 02:54 AM
oh snap I had no idea, thanks for the info.

This must of been a slap to the face for those who were against him (the ones who wanted people to only use the Bible) using the qur'an for being sworn in.

rav
01-04-2007, 05:11 AM
Odd, but good post.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-04-2007, 05:26 AM
wwwwwwoooooooooowwwwwww! who woulda thought. Funny how we never knew about this, but we know about everythin else :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Akil
01-04-2007, 11:34 AM
I saw the story about Ellison using an English translation of the Quran and I thought right on. The existence of that book proves that rather than being odd and foreign, Islam is intrinsically American.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.