/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam

truthbetold
01-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Just wanted to introduce myself for a moment, I live in the US and have recently(past 4 or 5 months) developed a fairly strong interest and attraction to Islam, though have yet to convert/revert due to the fact that I believe it'd be wrong to do so until my belief is complete and 100%, and its hard to totally believe in something you still have so many questions and uncertainties about. So I thought this would be a good place to come to converse with other Muslims and learn what I can from other members, as I have a good amount of questions and only a few(2) close Muslim friends, who for some reason I don't quite feel comfortable asking... maybe cuz I think that they will think I am questioning Islam, as opposed to simply inquiring about certain aspects of it, to which Id like a better understanding. Thanks in advance for any and all your help....are you supposed to ad an S to Salam when addressing more than one person??? Im learning arabic as well but as you can tell I am in the very very beginning stages. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlissfullyJaded
01-04-2007, 02:54 AM
Hi,

Welcome to LI! I hope you find it of much benefit.

Looking forward to your posts.

Peace out

Woodrow
01-04-2007, 02:59 AM
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will find many answers here. You will find taht a lot of us are reverts ourselves and have gone through much of what you are facing. For starters read the posts in the Discover Islam section.

You will know when you are ready to say the shahadah and at that time do not let anything stop you. Also remember, your shahadah is valid no matter where you are and you can even be alone and say it only to Allah(swt) many of us did that and that was when we knew we were Muslim. Later you may want to say it again at the Masjid, but that is only because you want to publicaly announce you are Muslim. Where you say it, is not what makes you a Muslim. Why you say it is what does.

Skillganon
01-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Welcome to the forum truthbetold, Enjoy your stay and do not be afraid to ask questions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Hello,

welcome to the forum,

May God guide you :)

Enjoy Tc!! :D

Nuseyba bintkab
01-04-2007, 03:50 PM
welcome

~*MaNaL*~
01-04-2007, 04:56 PM
:welcome: to the forums :D:D:D:D:D:D:D..

umm-sulaim
01-04-2007, 05:43 PM
walykum truthbetold,

welcome to LI n hope u have a beneficial stay!
Salaam means peace, if you adress more than one person you say assalaamu alaykum (peace be upon you all) but it's also used for one person. You don't need to add (s) on the end.

wassalaam

skhalid
01-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the forum!!!
No u dnt need to add an s ' the end of Salaam...it is a word that stays the same for one person and more than one person...there is no need to make it plural.. If you have any other questions 'treth betold' ask away...we will be more than happy to answer or at least say what we think (if the questions don't have a simple, clear answer) Hope u enjoy your time here...
Wasallam alaykum

zaria
01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Salaam's

Welcome to the forum. enjoy your stay.

truthbetold
01-06-2007, 08:20 PM
thank you for your replies, answer to my questions, and warm welcomes, i look forward to learning as much as possible

Khayal
01-11-2007, 04:16 PM
:salamext:

:welcome: to the forum.

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.