/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non Muslims You Admire ....

chacha_jalebi
01-04-2007, 08:18 PM
salaam

bismillah ir rahman nir raheem

we all love our Prophets (as) and the Sahaba (ra) and we know that no one can be capable of bein their shoes :D

but but we all must have non muslim people, who we admire and respect for somethin they have done ... so let it out :D:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sabbir_1
01-04-2007, 08:27 PM
that president of venuzvela i dont know his name, the one who called bush a donkey.. I admire him.. he rocks.. Need more ppl like him.. hmm george galloway. cant think of anyone else. loads of ppl.. if i remember ill post..

chacha_jalebi
01-04-2007, 08:29 PM
people that i admire . . ..

che guevara, fidel castro and bhindranwala :D all revolutionists :p but they gooood:D

umm-sulaim
01-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I think Nelson Mandela is good, i enjoyed readin his biography, he fought long n hard for his beliefs (hadaho Allah)

wassalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I would say i respect:

mother teresa for how she helped the poor

Red cross and all the other non muslims charties that help the needy.

Doctors and nurses

Parents that have to live and look after with really ill kids

loads of people

- Qatada -
01-04-2007, 08:43 PM
:salamext:

Abdul Mu'tallib and Abu Talib, especially the latter because he helped Rasool Allaah sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam in his life alot.

Woodrow
01-04-2007, 08:45 PM
The 2 non-Muslims I admire very much, I had the pleasure of meeting personaly when I was 12 years old. Albert Einstein and Robert Frost. At the time I did not know they were famous.

Their simplicity and humility have influenced many of my life choices.

But, even more than both of them my admiration goes for Brian Desmond, my 6th grade teacher who introduced me to them. He was friends of both of them and they were frequent summer visitors at his house. I would say that because of Brian and the people he introduced me to I developed an insatiable curiosity and a love of learning. For that I admire Brian the most. Although he never achieved fame.

BlissfullyJaded
01-04-2007, 08:53 PM
:sl:

Wow, amu Woodrow.

Undoubtedly Abdul Mutallib and Abu Taalib.

Amongst non Muslims I've met, my K-6 teacher. He was really kind and encouraging, always there to give my parents tips and suggestions.

The Ruler
01-04-2007, 08:58 PM

my head of year in my previous school..she was always there whenever i needed her...my english teacher there...

Einstein...because he was an einstein

glo, jayda, snakelegs, tania, czgibson, root etc...and all the other respected non-muslims on this forum...for their attitude towards islam and muslim which is hard to find these days.

all the scientists and mathmatecians for their innumerable discoveries and inventions.

:w:

Woodrow
01-04-2007, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Abdul Mu'tallib and Abu Talib, especially the latter because he helped Rasool Allaah sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam in his life alot.
No way any of us can come up with anybody to top both of them.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Buhaira the monk

Mohsin
01-04-2007, 09:05 PM
in addition to ones mentioned, martin luthor king

netprince
01-04-2007, 09:06 PM
How about the King of Abyssinian king who sheltered the muhajiroon?

In the modern era Dr Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela amongst the well known...

Amongst the not so well known, i respect each and every one of the non muslims who search for the truth and fight against injustices.

BlissfullyJaded
01-04-2007, 09:08 PM

^ He accepted Islam. Although considering he did that while he was non Muslim, that is very admirable.

- Qatada -
01-04-2007, 09:09 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Buhaira the monk

The scholars differ on that hadith's authenticity i think, and he may have become muslim if he believed that Muhammad (peace be upon him) would be the messenger of Allaah in the future. And Allaah knows best.

format_quote Originally Posted by netprince
How about the King of Abyssinian king who sheltered the muhajiroon?

He became muslim alhamdulillah. :)

Woodrow
01-04-2007, 09:11 PM
This can become a very long list I almost think we need to categorize it into different groups of admiration. we all can find many people we can have respect for. In different situations and different times.

My choice for the most admirable American Politician would be:

Thomas Jefferson, for his tolerance of all religions and his wisdom to place that tolerance as a right in the American Constitution.

skhalid
01-04-2007, 09:17 PM
I admire Princess Diana...for all that she did for the sick and poor people!!!
However I admire my friend who will soon convert into a Muslim...I had nufin' 2 do wit it...she just became interested in Islam...I gave her some facts...and she decided that she wanted to convert to a muslim.....she says everything is true...even though there aren't enough or strong evidence to justify all topics involved...
Know by the end of this week I guess...she will state what all of us muslims state time after time...Lailahailallah Muhammad arasullullah!!!

Jayda
01-04-2007, 09:45 PM
hola,

i think it is interesting that the people we admire show the virtues we value... our heros tell us more about ourselves than about them...

Dios te bendiga

ZAYD
01-04-2007, 09:57 PM
George Galloway in this era, for his ability to speak the truth in front of anyone.

Abu Talib from the 'khairul quroon' (best of all era's), for his kindness and compassion shown to our beloved prophet (s.a.w.)

Chuck
01-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Abu Talib, Thomas Jefferson, Isaac Newton, Leonardo da Vinci

Helena
01-04-2007, 10:32 PM
erm.....erm....erm....

very hard to think about it.....

theorists such as skinner, vygotsky, whose theories came into action in classroom teaching...how to teach childrens in a classroom...

also Princess Diana just her character and actions can be admired....

chacha_jalebi
01-04-2007, 11:05 PM
abu talib and abdul muttalib will definately top anybodys list, because as a muslim we are bound to admire them, for what they did for RasoolAllah (saW) and islam! :D:D

also i agree with woodyy bro, its good to have categories :D

politically i would say fidel castro :D, because he stood up for his people

format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola,

i think it is interesting that the people we admire show the virtues we value... our heros tell us more about ourselves than about them...

Dios te bendiga

yesh this is very trueee :D

jazakhallah to all for contributions keep them comin :D

Sabbir_1
01-04-2007, 11:29 PM
ok all the non muslim that have stand for islam, speaked our against corrup politicans. fought for human rights.. martin luther king, nelson mandela. and all non muslim that have changed the world for the better. thee the ones i admire.

jasmine_c
01-04-2007, 11:40 PM
I admire Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, and most of all probably my Maths teacher cos anyone who an understand Maths is a genius.

Curious girl2
01-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Mandela, Martin Luther King, oh and the guy who stood in front of the tanks in Tianaman square in China, no idea what his name was.

Peace CG

sudais1
01-05-2007, 02:15 AM
i love thierry henry

chacha_jalebi
01-05-2007, 02:59 AM
^ is that wen he not injured:p

sudais1
01-05-2007, 05:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
^ is that wen he not injured:p
no of course not...:hiding:

youngsister
01-05-2007, 08:33 PM
:sl: I admire:
Mandela
Martin Luther King
Nurses Because I am going to become one Isha Allah.

Last but not least I admire whoever came out with dream matte mousse Maybelline, best foundation ever!:w:

skhalid
01-05-2007, 08:41 PM
I admire everyone who has made today what it is...with technology, education and stuff like that!!! :statisfie
Imagen what the world would have been like if Sir Isac Newton did not discover gravity, and electricity by Thomas Edison and so on...
So thanx to them we have this well developed world!!! Although they aint here lol I know u all know that ...They know that they changed the course of life with there discoveries and inventions...brap brap!!! :)

Hijrah
01-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Abu Talib, Abdul Muttalib, Najashi (the one who sheltered the muhajiroon), Warraqah bin Naufal, Martin Luther King, Bhagat Singh

May I ask what people see in Che Gueverra? I'm not questioning this because he was a communist but is it not true that he was responsible for so many cuban deaths under the reign of fidel?

BlissfullyJaded
01-05-2007, 09:33 PM

Najashi accepted Islam and died as a Muslim, and Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) prayed salaatul ghayb in Madeenah for him as well.

- Qatada -
01-05-2007, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
Abu Talib, Abdul Muttalib, Najashi (the one who sheltered the muhajiroon), Warraqah bin Naufal, Martin Luther King, Bhagat Singh

Warraqah bin Naufal & Najashi both became muslim alhamdulillah. :)

BlissfullyJaded
01-05-2007, 10:16 PM

Really? I wasn't sure about that. Jazakallah khair.

- Qatada -
01-05-2007, 10:27 PM

Waraqah ibn Nawfal

Al-Haakim reported with a saheeh isnaad from 'Aa'ishah (may Allaah be pelased with her) that the Messenger of Allaah (salAllaahu alayhi waSalam) said, "Do not slander Waraqah ibn Nawfal for I have seen that he will have one or two gardens in Paradise"

[Saheeh al-Jaami as-Sagheer, 6/1534, no. 7197]

Waraqah believed in the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) when Khadeejah brought him to him at the beginning of his Call; he had asked Allaah to let him live until he saw His Messenger so that he could support him. But Waraqah died really soon after the first revelation.

ZAYD
01-05-2007, 10:33 PM
rachel corrie for standing in front of the bulldozers which were going to knock down our muslim brothers houses in Palestine.
Unfortunately the bullozer didnt stop and she gave her life.

SUMMAYAH
01-05-2007, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ash19
rachel corrie for standing in front of the bulldozers which were going to knock down our muslim brothers houses in Palestine.

Rachel Corrie, yeah she put all us Muslims to aside!

FollowingAlhuda
01-05-2007, 11:43 PM
King Abyssinan and my neighbour :D just kiddin

chacha_jalebi
01-06-2007, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
May I ask what people see in Che Gueverra? I'm not questioning this because he was a communist but is it not true that he was responsible for so many cuban deaths under the reign of fidel?
my gosh che guevara is my uncle man :p lol naa he heavy, and fidel castro only killed the people who plotted againist him, and who betrayed cuba and worked for the CIA, the US & A tried to kill castro loads of times, but they were unsuccesfull!

for me che guevara & castro represent standin up for yourself and what you believe in :D castro is still runnin thins :D

chacha_jalebi
01-06-2007, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ash19
correct me if im wrong, isnt that jus suicide :X :-[

ZAYD
01-06-2007, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
correct me if im wrong, isnt that jus suicide :X :-[

I guess she thought the driver would stop.

The family who lived in that home she was defending were looking after her.
i think she stayed there a few nights and she wrote in her letter to her mother how hospitable they were.

i guess she just wanted to look out for them.??? Allah knows best.

chacha_jalebi
01-06-2007, 12:13 AM
ohh okily dokily bless her, but it jus shows the brutality of the israeli army

FBI
01-06-2007, 12:29 AM

Flithy Zionists, and btw this comment is in no way directed towards the jewish faith but to zionists.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.