/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj?

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-10-2005, 02:17 AM
:sl:
First, in the Qur'an, Yajuj and Majuj are mentioned in the story of the Righteous King Dhul-Qarnain:

83. They will ask thee of Dhul-Qarneyn. Say: I shall recite unto you a remembrance of him.
84. Lo! We made him strong in the land and gave unto every thing a road.
85. And he followed a road
86. Till, when he reached the apparent setting place of the sun, it appeared to [Dhul-Qarneyn] to be setting in a muddy spring, he found a people thereabout: We said: O Dhul-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness.
87. He said: As for him who doeth wrong, we shall punish him, and then he will be brought back unto, his Lord, who will punish him with awful punishment!
88. But as for him who believeth and doeth right, good will be his reward, and We shall speak unto him a mild command.
89. Then he followed a road
90. Till, when he reached the apparent rising place of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had appointed no helper therefrom.
91. So (it was). And We knew all concerning him.
92. Then he followed a road
93. Till, when he came between the two mountains, he found upon their hither side a folk that scarce could understand a saying.
94. They said: O Dhul-Qarneyn! Lo! Gog and Magog are spoiling the land. So may we pay thee tribute on condition that thou set a barrier between us and them?
95. He said: That wherein my Lord hath established me better (than your tribute). Do but help me with strength (of men), I will set between you and them a bank.
96. Give me pieces of iron till, when he had levelled up (the gap) between the cliffs, he said: Blow! till, when he had made it a fire, he said: Bring me molten copper to pour thereon.
97. And (Gog and Magog) were not able to surmount, nor could they pierce (it).
98. He said: This is a mercy from my Lord; but when the promise of my Lord cometh to pass, He will lay it low, for the promise of my Lord is true.
99. And on that day We shall let some of them surge against others, and the Trumpet will be blown. Then We shall gather them together in one gathering.

There are many ahadith about Yajuj and Majuj, a massive monstrous population, and they say that towards the day of judgement, they shall break theis wall and escape and rampage upon the earth killing all in their path.

Many people enjoy declaring different groups as Yajuj and Majuj, but their thesis is illogical because these groups have not emerged yet.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
03-10-2005, 02:21 AM
http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html#ma'juj

WomanOfJihad
03-10-2005, 04:32 PM

hmm.... we dont really know where they could be .. so i just voted for " Impossible to know" Allahu Alam ..
* Wonders whats behind the great wall of china*

:w:

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-10-2005, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hash
America and Isreal.
I thought you might say that. But why? What facts? Can you prove it?

It appears to me that you are just speaking from your whims. Because the Qur'anic information along with the ahadith demonstrate that it is impossible for it to be america and Israel, for the following reasons:

1. Neither America, nor Israel existed at the time of Dhul Qarnayn, yetYajuj and Majuj are only mentioned in the story of Dhul Qarnayn

2. Geographically, America is isolated from Dhul Qarnayn's kingdom and is very far from Israel as well. How could they be coming through the mountains to attack those people?

3. Yajuj and Majuj are isolated and will only come out at the end of time, while america and Israel are open and free.

4. Yajuj and Majuj were tribes at the time of Prophet Ibrahim and Dhul Qarnayn. Bani Israel are the descendents of Prophet Yaqub, son of Prophet Ishaaq, son of Prophet Ibrahim. How can the descendents predate their ancestor?

There are many opther points as well, but I'll just leave you with those for now. They are sufficient to reufte the view that America and Israel are Yajuj and Majuj.

Indeed they are not.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Chuck
03-10-2005, 09:02 PM
In my opinion, they could be somewhere in the Himalayan ranges.

Anyway, here is interesting story which might be related to Yajuj Majuj.

Nellis Kua is too old to remember his exact age, but his eyes light up when he talks of the gang of hobbit-like creatures his grandparents told him once lived in the forest on the slopes of this still smoking Indonesian volcano.

"They had these big eyes, hair all over their body and spoke in a strange language," said Kua, his skin leathered by a lifetime tending coffee and chili pepper crops under the harsh tropical sun.

"They stole our crops, our fruit and moonshine. They were so greedy they even ate the plates!"

Kua and other elders said the creatures, known locally as the Ebu Gogo or the Grandmother who eats everything, were last seen on the central Indonesian island of Flores around 300 years ago.

The story had previously been dismissed as a legend - along with other tales of "little people" living in isolated rainforests that are common elsewhere in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.

But a stunning archaeological find deep in a limestone cave on Flores has meant skeptics are having to take the tales more seriously.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=25262

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-11-2005, 12:43 AM
That's about Homo Florensesis. They are geographically far from where I imagined Yajuj and Majuj, but you have a point that these tribes may be known in local cultures.

Good point.

Chuck
03-11-2005, 12:58 AM
They are geographically far from where I imagined Yajuj and Majuj.
Yep thats why I didn't say they were the Yajuj and Majuj, but it is possible that before Zulqurnain sealed the main land of Yajuj and Majuj, a band of them might have moved to other areas.

Indonesia is not really that far away from the locations that are identified for Yajuj and Majuj.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Yes, that's an interesting theory.

SpaceFalcon2001
03-11-2005, 01:36 AM
Impossible to know, we shall see them when Moshiach comes and they attack the true Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog

"Son of man, set your face toward Gog, [toward] the land of Magog, the prince, the head of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy concerning him." Ezekiel 38

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-11-2005, 01:58 AM
It will be interesting to get a little interfaith perspective on this.

Who is Moshiach, SpaceFalcon?

SpaceFalcon2001
03-11-2005, 02:20 AM
Moshiach, aka the Jewish Messiah, is a living human who will restore the true Israel, bring all the Jews to the land of Israel, reestablish the sanhedrin, rebuild the Holy temple (enabling us to fulfill all 613 laws of torah once again), ressurect the dead of Israel, and cause the world to recognize the God of Israel.

It is a pillar of faith for Jews (we have 13 fundamental beliefs as said by Rabbi Moses ben Maimon Zt"l) that we believe in the coming of the Moshaich and what he will do.

In the end of days, once the true Israel is created and Moshiach is king, Gog and Magog will wage war with Israel and try to destroy the true Israel (and all the Jews). After a very firce and violent battle with many losses, HaShem will save the Jews of Israel and destroy all evil in the world; Leviathan and Behemoth will appear and have a battle in which they both die, and people will sacrifice their bodies to HaShem. This will hapen by the Jewish year 6000.

Finally, once all that is through with, in the year 6000 it is guestimated, the seventh millennium will begin as an era of holiness, tranquility, spiritual life, and worldwide peace, called Olam Haba, where all people will know God directly.

The Jewish year 6000 begins 9/30/2239 7pm

Interesting, no?

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-11-2005, 02:31 AM
Very interesting. In fact, it is parallel to the belief in Imaam Mehdi for the Muslims. The muslims expect Imaam Mehdi to come and unite them and lead them against the Dajjal and his forces.

Abdu-Rahman,Kai
08-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Many scholars say that "Gog and Magog" refers to future battle of muslims against all other nations. But I will prove that it is already fullfilled prophecy:

About Alexsander the Great and "Gog and Magog":

83. They ask thee concerning Zul-qarnain [or Dhul-qarnain]. Say, 'I will rehearse to you something of his story.'
84. Verily We established his power on earth, and We gave him the ways and the means to all ends.
85. One (such) way he followed,
86. Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water: Near it he found a People: We said: 'O Zul-qarnain! (thou hast authority,) either to punish them, or to treat them with kindness.'
87. He said: 'Whoever doth wrong, him shall we punish; then shall he be sent back to his Lord; and He will punish him with a punishment unheard-of (before).
88. But whoever believes, and works righteousness,- he shall have a goodly reward, and easy will be his task as We order it by our Command.'
89. Then followed he (another) way,
90. Until, when he came to the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had provided no covering protection against the sun.
91. (He left them) as they were: We completely understood what was before him.
92. Then followed he (another) way,
93. Until, when he reached (a tract) between two mountains, he found, beneath them, a people who scarcely understood a word.
94. They said: 'O Zul-qarnain! the Gog and Magog (People) do great mischief on earth: shall we then render thee tribute in order that thou mightest erect a barrier between us and them?'
95. He said: '(The power) in which my Lord has established me is better (than tribute): Help me therefore with strength (and labour): I will erect a strong barrier between you and them:
96. Bring me blocks of iron.' At length, when he had filled up the space between the two steep mountain-sides, He said, 'Blow (with your bellows)' Then, when he had made it (red) as fire, he said: 'Bring me, that I may pour over it, molten lead.'
97. Thus were they made powerless to scale it or to dig through it.
98. He said: 'This is a mercy from my Lord: But when the promise of my Lord comes to pass, He will make it into dust; and the promise of my Lord is true.'

18:86 Is not description to take literally (as Koran has those in other places too), as sun can not even in anyone´s wildest dreams go from place were there is no hole in the ground (as all water in lake would go from it), and it is not said to pounch back to east from west. According to Islam, hadiths, sun goes from west to east only on Judgement Day, and it is sign from that Day (what even may have began, as sun goest from west to east in northest part of the world in summer time at night, and there is even muslims now to prove it eventhough there is no muslim-state in north, that is why signs are given so that as muslims realize those, it is sign. Another way to see this sign is connected to part of Koran that says about two west and two east, Islam and muslims have reached also Hawaiji and sun there rises from western coast of America and will set on eastern coast of China).

To the west of the town of Lychnis is a lake 170 square miles in area, fed by underground springs that issue through limestone rocks and give out murky water. Both town and lake are now called Ochrida, about 50 miles west of Monastir. The water is so dark that the river which forms the outlet of the lake to the north is called the Black Drin. Looking at the sunset from the town, the observer would see the sun set a pool of murky water (18:86). It was a question before the boy Alexander -- the dreamy, impulsive, fearless rider -- whether he would put the barbarous Illyricans to the sword or show them mercy. He showed true discrimination and statesmanship. He punished the guilty but showed kindness to the innocent, and thus consolidated his power in the west. This I construe to be the meaning of (Noble Verses) 18:86-87; otherwise these verses do not seem to be perfectly clear.

(17)

18:90 Mentions people who Allah had not "offered protection from the sun", meaning people of Central-Asia where they live on plains and desert, where Alexsander visited Bukhara and Samarkand. He did not went to conquest Central-Asia, but "left them as they were".
Then he arrived area 230 kilometers south-east from Bukhara, where he build Iron Gate to protect people who did not speak his language (turkish) as protection against "Gog and Magog"-people (mongols). As Allah had promised, this gate was later destroyed in this narrow canyon. Yet on 7th century chinese traveller and 985-986 arabian traveller reported and wrote about this gate made of iron blocks.
Another but less propably possibility could be Tiemen Pass (also called Iron Pass or Iron Gate Pass), only 8 kilometers north of Korla, lies at the mouth of a 14 kilometer (9 mile) long valley. It was of strategic importance in history in ancient China and islisted as one of the 26 famous Passes. Tiemen was at the throat of the Silk Road and the traffic junction between northern Xinjiang and southern Xinjiang. Nearby, there are still traces of an ancient barracks and military activities. Four Chinese characters are inscribed on the cliff beside the pass. The characters describe the steepness and precipitousness of the pass. But this is maybe only in case that there really has been (destroyed) iron gate and that Alexander visited so north in plains of Xinjiang or if Zul-qarnain is not Alexander the Great.

21:96-97 "Until the Gog and Magog (people) are let through (their barrier), and they swiftly swarm from every hill. Then will the true promise draw nigh (of fulfilment): then behold! the eyes of the Unbelievers will fixedly stare in horror: "Ah! Woe to us! we were indeed heedless of this; nay, we truly did wrong!"
Section 21:96-97 is from my wiew of point telling "Gogin ja Magogin" nations (as described in 18:93-96, mongols) new destructive wave of attack, it does not descrbe future but is already happened prophecy from 1200- and 1300-centuries about everything destroying, killing all (muslims) in the way from east to west coming mongol invasion. All cities (including Bagdad) were destroyed completely, and from their (muslim) inhabitants skulls were made towers and hills. This wave reached from Himalaja-mountains trough Centre-Asia, Afghanistan an Iran´s "all hills" (that area has A LOT because of differences in altitude) reaching all the way to Damascos (were before they were finally stopped) destroying Bagdad on the way, destroying completely Caliphate, symbol of muslim prosperity and unity, even getting many (non-muslims mostly) to believe that end of Islam is at hands. Mongols attacked also over hills of Ural (to muslim-areas of Volga, who accepted Islam at 10th century), untill they finally after advancing long inside modern Russia- and Ukraine- areas accepted Islam as Koran informed and predicted mukaisesti Islamiin. Just like Koran said ("Ah! Woe to us! we were indeed heedless of this; nay, we truly did wrong!"), they were terrified and on horror about destruction they had made (to Islam, its another wing in form of bird/angel were severely injured back then), and they spend long time and big efforts in trying to repair damage they had done, with for example prospering arts and other kind of cultural activities of Timurid-Empire.

"...The name (i.e., Gog and Magog) stands for wild and lawless tribes who will break their barriers and swarm through the earth. This will be one of the prognostications of the approaching Judgement."
Muhammed said that mongols will come again (after times of Aleksander), and that they will "swarm through the earth" as waves, as they did conquering most of biggest continent in th earth, Asia (even China was conquered). Remember that "approaching Judgement" is not far away for Allah even in hundreds or thousands of years, christians waited Jesus to come back in their life-time.

"Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: "The Prophet said 'The people will continue performing the Hajj and 'Umra to the Ka'ba even after the appearance of Gog and Magog.' Narrated Shu'ba extra: The Hour (Day of Judgment) will not be established till the Hajj (pilgrimage to the Mecca) is abandoned. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Pilgrimage (Hajj), Volume 2, Book 26, Number 663)"
Mongols did not advance to Mecca, that is why pilgrimages continued normally, in east people had even more reasons to get there from way of mongols.

"Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "The Last Hour would not come until you fight with a people wearing shoes of hair and the Last Hour would not come until you fight with a people having small eyes and broad snub noses. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book Pertaining to the Turmoil and Portents of the Last Hour (Kitab Al-Fitan wa Ashrat As-Sa`ah), Book 041, Number 6958)"
Beginning of this prophecy has at least finally now come true, as soldiers "wearing shoes of hair" are now in Irak, meaning shoe-lazes of their army boots (also mongols had lot of hair in their boots). This does not mean that war should be continued or spread, peace should be made when offered as Islam requested. And it does not mean that "Hour" (Different time-section than) is yet any much closer than in times of mongols, just "close".

"Abu Sa'id reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: "Allah, the High and Glorious, would say: O Adam I and he would say: At Thy service, at thy beck and call, O Lord, and the good is in Thy Hand. Allah would say: Bring forth the group of (the denizens of) Fire. He (Adam) would say: Who are the denizens of Hell? It would be said: They are out of every thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine. He (the Holy Prophet) said: It is at this juncture that every child would become white-haired and every pregnant woman would abort and you would see people in a state of intoxication, and they would not be in fact intoxicated but grievous will be the torment of Allah. He (the narrator) said: This had a very depressing effect upon them (upon the companions of the Holy Prophet) and they said: Messenger of Allah, who amongst us would be (that unfortunate) person (who would be doomed to Hell)? He said: Good tidings for you, Yajuj and Majuj (i.e., Gog and Magog in English) would be those thousands (who would be the denizens of Hell) and a person (selected for Paradise) would be amongst you. He (the narrator) further reported that he (the Messenger of Allah) again said: By Him in Whose Hand is thy life, I hope that you would constitute one-fourth of the inhabitants of Paradise. We extolled Allah and we glorified (Him). He (the Holy Prophet) again said: BY Him in Whose Hand is my life, I wish you would constitute one-third of the inhabitants of Paradise. We extolled Allah and Glorified (Him). He (the Holy Prophet) again said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, I hope that you would constitute half of the inhabitants of Paradise. Your likeness among the people is the likeness of a white hair on the skin of a black ox or a strip on the foreleg of an ass. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman), Book 001, Number 0430)"
(18)
According to this prophecy, only one out of thousand mongol-invaders got to paradise (at least without going to helle first). Every (mongol conquered area) child came "white-haired", because also their skulls were put into these (white) towers/hills to be burned by sun and sand. Pregnancyes of womans were aborted understandably, as they all were killed. People were "in state of intoxication" either from fear or shock (muslim-civilians), or either from hatred and lust for murdering (mongols). Increasingly rising numbers of muslims proportion in paradise means that it is open (in princible, even as determined, but not informed by declaration), hopely high as possible. In any case muslim (ecspesially really so believing) is in this world among of thousands of gods come to earth etc. worshipping religions is as easy to spot like "white hair in black ox".

"Narrated Thauban: "The Prophet peace be upon him said: 'The nations shall gather and team up against you (i.e., Muslims) as the predators gather and team up against their preys. A questioner asked: 'Is it because of us being low in numbers at that day?' The Prophet replied: 'No, you that day shall be in great numbers, but you will be as powerless as the foam of the water on the surface of the river, and Allah shall remove any fear from your enemies toward you, and He shall put in your hearts a corruption.' A questioner asked: 'O Apostle of Allah, what is the corruption?' The Prophet replied: 'The love of life's amusements and the fear of death.' (Translation of Sunan Abu Dawud, The Book of Fierce Battles - The Gathering of all Nations against Islam, Book 37, Number 4297)"
In times of mongol-invasions muslims were suffering in all directions, enemy really came from all directions, "nations together". Half of Asia were attacking muslims from east, indians and mongols (who controlled China also), from west there came enthuastic christian-missionaries to "crusade" towards Jerusalem, Spain was pushing (all ready for centuries in "reconquista") like as in last days towards south, Granada, to get their hands on muslim-maps of America (Granada surrendered on january 1492, Columbus found America in 12th of october 1492), just born in sub-Sahara huge muslim-states of Mali and Songhai were neither so thrilled with southern pagan-states of africans (which were supprisingly strong and big also), Russia started to wake up from mongol-invasion. That means that almost all of Asia and Europe were (as crusades were hobby of whole continent as football now) and half of Africa non-muslim areas (it was not much easier either on African east coast for muslims) were attacking together against muslims, "without fear".

TEH
08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
So are you saying that Dhul Qarnayn is Alexander???

:confused:

Abdu-Rahman,Kai
08-27-2005, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH

That is way to fit all, "Murky lake" of Makedonia, "scorching" plains of Central-Asia and former Iron Gate in modern Pakistanian/Afganistanian border.

Yes maybe he said himself son of Zeus, but prophet Jesus said he was son of jewish God (as according to jewish bible almost all prophets are said to be, it was almost demanded for jewish prophet, even Adam is called that). It was only possible way for them to act, and it was more figure of speech and attached to language and culture/time than how we now understand it (or how christians understood it, more accurate writing about it below).

Of course Alexander had to act pagan, if he wanted to finish his mission. It was to unite hellenistic and Asian cultures, and that way make road for christianity and Islam to march in.

Problem really is in interpretations and understanding past times. Old Testament (jewish) Bible is full of "sons of God" (son written with big first letter is Greek invention, as hebrea does not have small or big letters), and so is called almost all prophets in Bible, even Adam (who had not even mother according to Bible).

Thing is that it is FIGURE OF SPEECH for jews, words describeing someone very important for God (even Jesus himself answered accusations about using word "son of God" that "doesn´t your writings say, they were gods?"). Jews understood that, as according to acts of apostoles jews allowed christians to use synagogues eventhough they knew how Jesus was called, as jews themselves have had prophets who were accepted by many other jews but not by all. Jews never would have let christians to worship Jesus as god in synagogue, so that is proof that early christians thought him only as prophet. But situation changed:

As Paul had permission from apostoles to teach pagans (Jesus himself said in evangeliums that "I have not been sent but for lost sheeps of house of Israel", and misson-order meant 13 "nations" of Israel), and had permission not to "bother" them by Taurah or law, most pagan-christians did not understand correctly "son of God"-term. After jewish christianity was almost totally wiped out by romans in destruction of Jerusalem, pagan-christians did came as dominant sect of christianity and modern churches are based on their beliefs.

As you see, christians can be accepting Islam through Bible, even if they tought that it is corrupted, if given good and accurate enough explanations and descriptions. In this case of beginning of my writing, proofs against Paul as evil who messed christianity is important.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-04-2005, 09:02 PM

What do you mean by "sub human subterranean species? :confused:

I voted for "impossible to know"

However, as brother Chuck said, they may be somewhere in himalayas, as that is quite a vast mountain range.

aamirsaab
12-04-2005, 09:10 PM
This topic rocks and it scares the daylights outa me.

I think if they (yajuj and Majuj) are here on earth at the mo, then probly in great wall of china - I mean there has to be SOMETHING in there. Although i don't know if that was built at the time of Dhul Qarnayn. If it wasn't, then hmm, maybe himalayas?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-04-2005, 09:14 PM

No they arent in teh great wall becuase i saw a documentry about it in class, and the only thing that is in there is the bodies of those who died when creating that wall. That wall was created i believe to keep the Huns from conquering China. As people were building it, many died due to exhaustion etc, and they were thrown into the wall and are part of the wall.

Also, i mean, you can see both sides of the wall clearly, there is nothing there.

Shadow
12-04-2005, 09:35 PM
interesting topic here
i dont think its possible to really find out the exact location of the tribes
and im pretty certain that its not inside the great wall of china
i read about chinese history and the purpose for the great wall being created was to avoid the opposition forces from entering china
that is wht i remember from history class
and as brother Ahmed mentioned, ppl who died working in the walls werent given burials
their corpse was placed in the wall so they made up a part of the wall

okay bak to topic

i suspect that the tribes are somewhere hidden on earth...somewhere the media doesnt reach....some place where there are no donut shops......some place where english isnt the core language....
wow its scary if u ask me
:skeleton:

h1jabi_sista
12-04-2005, 10:07 PM
as salam alikum,

i rekon they're underground somewhere. From discriptions ive heard in talks and read in books, ive always imagined them to be underground...........

Because in my minds eye i can sort of imagine them digging and then they create a hole, which allows some sunlight in. Then they go to sleep with out saying inshallah in succeeding to escape and the hole is closed up.....

subhanallah allah knows best. Allah knows where they are and when they will emerge and if any of us live to this time, may allah save us from their fitna. ameen

:coolsis:

MetSudaisTwice
12-05-2005, 10:38 AM
salam
honestly i cannot say where they are, allahu alam
wasalam

mehnaz
12-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Assalamoalaikum....

very interesting topic i must say....

am not sure....but isnt it mentioned in the Quran that they're seperated by a wall..which they keep licking...or digging or something like that....and the day wen they'll say "inshaAllah we will complete this tomorrow"..will be the day they'll be set free..???.....wonder where that is....but i think i wud say..they're underground somewhere...Wallahu Aalam...

FiAmanillah...

MetSudaisTwice
12-05-2005, 01:38 PM
salam
yes sis it is true about the wall and it does say in the quran
but am not totally sure where they are at the moment and only allah knows best
wasalam

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-05-2005, 02:02 PM
loq, this a very old thread. Anyway, the important thing to remember is not where Yajuj and Majuj are, but what we are doing to prepare for the time when they will arise along with other signs of the Day of Judgement.

MetSudaisTwice
12-05-2005, 02:04 PM
salam
yes bro that is true
may allah protect us and guide us
wasalam

mehnaz
12-05-2005, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
loq, this a very old thread. Anyway, the important thing to remember is not where Yajuj and Majuj are, but what we are doing to prepare for the time when they will arise along with other signs of the Day of Judgement.

mashaAllah very well sed bro!!

libyanhero
12-05-2005, 06:01 PM
I can't say either, Allahu A3lam but I heard some people somewhere in Russia or that area

libyanhero
12-05-2005, 06:08 PM
interesting read

Gog and Magog are two groups of Turks, descended from Yaafith (Japheth), the father of the Turks, one of the sons of Noah. At the time of Abraham (AS), there was a king called Dhoo'l-Qarnayn. He performed Tawaaf around the Ka'bah with Abraham (AS) when he first built it; he believed and followed him. Dhoo'l-Qarnayn was a good man and a great king; Allah gave him great power and he ruled the east and west. He held sway over all kings and countries, and travelled far and wide in both east and west. He travelled eastwards until he reached a pass between two mountains, through which people were coming out. They did not understand anything, because they were so isolated; they were Gog and Magog. They were spreading corruption through the earth, and harming the people, so the people sought help from Dhoo'l-Qarnayn. They asked him to build a barrier between them and Gog and Magog. He asked them to him to build it, so together they built a barrier by mixing iron, copper and tar.

Thus Dhoo'l-Qarnayn restrained Gog and Magog behind the barrier. They tried to penetrate the barrier, or to climb over it, but to no avail. They could not succeed because the barrier is so huge and smooth. They began to dig, and they have been digging for centuries; they will continue to do so until the time when Allah decrees that they come out. At that time the barrier will collapse, and Gog and Magog will rush out in all directions, spreading corruption, uprooting plants, killing people. When Jesus (AS) prays against them, Allah will send a kind of work in the napes of their necks, and they will be killed by it.

libyanhero
12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
well here is a hadith we should know

-"Ibn Mas'ood reported that the Prophet (S) said, "On the night of the Israa' (night journey), I met my father Abraham, Moses and Jesus, and they discussed the Hour. The matter was referred first to Abraham, then to Moses, and both said, 'I have no knowledge of it'. Then it was referred to Jesus, who said, 'No one knows about its timing except Allah; what my Lord told me was that the Dajjaal will appear, and when he sees me he will begin to melt like lead. Allah will destroy him when he sees me. The Muslims will fight against the Kaafirs, and even the trees and rocks will say, "O Muslim, there is a Kaafir hiding beneath me - come and kill him!" Allah will destroy the Kaafirs, and the people will return to their lands. Then Gog and Magog will appear from all directions, eating and drinking everything they found. The people will complain to me, so I will pray to Allah and He will destroy them, so that the earth will be filled with their stench. Allah will send rain which will wash their bodies into the sea. My Lord has told me that when that happens, the HOUR WILL BE VERY CLOSE, LIKE A PREGNANT WOMAN WHOSE TIME IS DUE, BUT HER FAMILY DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHEN SHE WILL DELIVER."

[Ahmad, Musnad, 1/375. Similar Hadith in Ibn Maajah, Kitaab al-Fitan (hadith 4081), 2/1365, 1366]

so the dajjal has yet to appear and we are sure he isnt here

~Raindrop~
12-05-2005, 06:26 PM
salaam
jazakallah bro. i remember reading that somewhere. :)
wassalaam

mariamq
12-13-2005, 08:43 AM
I chose america and israel... Pretty freaky stuff.

DaSangarTalib
12-19-2005, 08:35 PM
The River Yajooj & Majooj Will Drink From (Pic Inside)

Based on the hadith reported in Muslim, here is a picture of the river which Yajooj and Majooj will drink from. These people will come near the end of time and as you know, that day will be one of the greatest trials the ummah will have faced.

We ask Allah to take our souls as believers and save us from all trials. Ameen.

http://www.almaaas.com/upload/show.php?id=12301.jpg

The river is in Jordan in a place south of Tabaria sea.

And Allah (s.w.a) knows best!

TabTabiun
12-19-2005, 11:15 PM
:coolsis: As-Salaam Walikum- Well It Is Not Important Where They Are Located at because if it were Allah (SWT) Would mention it in the Noble Quran because that is where the most important information is located...:coolsis: ..MaSalaama....

DaSangarTalib
12-20-2005, 05:10 PM
The Appearance of Gog (:skeleton: ) and Magog, (:uhwhat )

Imam Ibn Kathir

From "The Signs Before the Day of Judgement"

Based on ibn Katheer's "Al-Bidaayah wa'l-Nihaayah" (The Beginning and the End)

They (two tribes or peoples) will appear at the time of Jesus son of Mary, after the Dajjaal. Allah will destroy them all in one night, in response to the supplication of Jesus.

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet (S) said, "Every day, Gog and Magog are trying to dig a way out through the barrier. When they begin to see sunlight through it, the one who is in charge of them says, 'Go back; you can carry on digging tomorrow,' and when they come back, the barrier is stronger than it was before. This will continue until their time comes and Allah wishes to send them forth. They will dig until they begin to see sunlight, then the one who is in charge of them will say, 'Go back; you can carry on digging tomorrow, in shaa'Allah.' In this case he will make an exception by saying in shaa'Allah, thus relating the matter to the Will of Allah. They will return on the following day, and find the hole as they left it. They will carry on digging and come out against the people. They will drink all the water, and find the hole as they left it, and the people will entrench themselves in their fortresses. Gog and Magog will fire their arrows into the sky, and they will fall back to earth with something like blood on them. Gog and Magog will say, 'We have defeated the people of earth, and overcome the people of heaven.' Then Allah will send a kind of worm in the napes of their nacks, and they will be killed by it...'By Him a in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, the beasts of the earth will become fat.'" [Tirmidhee, Abwaab al-Tafseer: Surat al-Kahf (Hadith 5160), 8/597-99; Ibn Maajah, Kitaab al-Fitan, (Hadith 4080), 2/1364. Ahmad, Musnad, 2/510, 511.]

Gog and Magog are two groups of Turks, descended from Yaafith (Japheth), the father of the Turks, one of the sons of Noah. At the time of Abraham (AS), there was a king called Dhoo'l-Qarnayn. He performed Tawaaf around the Ka'bah with Abraham (AS) when he first built it; he believed and followed him. Dhoo'l-Qarnayn was a good man and a great king; Allah gave him great power and he ruled the east and west. He held sway over all kings and countries, and travelled far and wide in both east and west. He travelled eastwards until he reached a pass between two mountains, through which people were coming out. They did not understand anything, because they were so isolated; they were Gog and Magog. They were spreading corruption through the earth, and harming the people, so the people sought help from Dhoo'l-Qarnayn. They asked him to build a barrier between them and Gog and Magog. He asked them to him to build it, so together they built a barrier by mixing iron, copper and tar.

Thus Dhoo'l-Qarnayn restrained Gog and Magog behind the barrier. They tried to penetrate the barrier, or to climb over it, but to no avail. They could not succeed because the barrier is so huge and smooth. They began to dig, and they have been digging for centuries; they will continue to do so until the time when Allah decrees that they come out. At that time the barrier will collapse, and Gog and Magog will rush out in all directions, spreading corruption, uprooting plants, killing people. When Jesus (AS) prays against them, Allah will send a kind of work in the napes of their necks, and they will be killed by it.

Another relevant hadeeth:

-"Ibn Mas'ood reported that the Prophet (S) said, "On the night of the Israa' (night journey), I met my father Abraham, Moses and Jesus, and they discussed the Hour. The matter was referred first to Abraham, then to Moses, and both said, 'I have no knowledge of it'. Then it was referred to Jesus, who said, 'No one knows about its timing except Allah; what my Lord told me was that the Dajjaal will appear, and when he sees me he will begin to melt like lead. Allah will destroy him when he sees me. The Muslims will fight against the Kaafirs, and even the trees and rocks will say, "O Muslim, there is a Kaafir hiding beneath me - come and kill him!" Allah will destroy the Kaafirs, and the people will return to their lands. Then Gog and Magog will appear from all directions, eating and drinking everything they found. The people will complain to me, so I will pray to Allah and He will destroy them, so that the earth will be filled with their stench. Allah will send rain which will wash their bodies into the sea. My Lord has told me that when that happens, the HOUR WILL BE VERY CLOSE, LIKE A PREGNANT WOMAN WHOSE TIME IS DUE, BUT HER FAMILY DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHEN SHE WILL DELIVER."

[Ahmad, Musnad, 1/375. Similar Hadith in Ibn Maajah, Kitaab al-Fitan (hadith 4081), 2/1365, 1366]

Shadow
12-30-2005, 03:11 AM

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 250:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (pbuh) said, "A hole has been opened in the dam of Gog and Magog." Wuhaib (the sub-narrator) made the number 90 (with his index finger and thumb).

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...ml#009.088.250

what does that mean??? :?

adnanmuf@mail.c
02-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Yajuj and Majuj were above the darband dam at the time of Dul Qarnain ( 500 BC) .
since then those people ( Russ, Gomer (germans, Goths ( russians of Scandza) all migrated west to Europe and then to America. Europeans are Yajuj and Majuj whereever they are ( australia even or Israel ( the jewish Yajuj of Khazaria). They did not come from the Sadd but from every slope.
They colonized the muslem world in the last 200 years ( no body could stop them, and stole every thing from all nations ( especially muslem nations ( divided by Europeans including russians). Al Dajjal is a new leader of Yajuj and majuj and for others too including muslems! ( prophet said many muslems will follow dajjal!)

yajuj and dajjal will have red brownish skin and even salty hair ( for dajjal ) and women hair ( for yajuj) all european

dajjal will have like a zafra in his left eye ( not one eyed but a white stuff behind his pupil ( allahu aalam). He will walk like a duck. He lies a lot in every thing and people beleive.

*charisma*
02-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

The Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj

During the reign of Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) people will live an extremely peaceful life filled with prosperity and abundance. Then the wall which imprisons Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj will break and they will surge forth in large numbers.

"But when Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj are let loose and they rush headlong down every hill" (Quran 21:97)

Who are the Ya'jooj and Majooj?

Zul Qarnain (A.S.) who was a pious and just Ruler travelled to many lands and conquered them, establishing justice and the Law of Allah therein. Allah Ta'ala provided him with all forms and material strength through which he was able to carry out his conquests and missions.

He once carried out a mission in three directions, the far west, the far east, and then in a northerly direction. It was here that he came across a tribe of people who complained to him about the tribes of Ya'jooj and Majooj which inhabited the land behind two huge mountains and often emerged from behind these mountains to perpetrate acts of anarchy and plunder among them. They requested Zul Qarnain (A.S.) to erect a barrier between themselves and the tribes of Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj so that they could be saved from their atrocities. With the material strength at his disposal, Zul Qarnain (A.S.) enlisted their physical labor and set about erecting a high wall between the two mountains. The height of the wall or its exact length is unknown. What is known is that the height of this wall reaches that of the summit of both mountains. It is made with blocks or sheets of iron, which is further strengthened by molten lead. In this manner Ya'jooj and Majooj are unable to scale the wall, or cross it, except when it is the will of Allah.

"And when the promise of my Rabb approaces, He will level it to dust" (Quran 18:98)

They are situated in a land of ice which is hidden from our gazes and the exact location of which is unknown. Though many interpretations do exist in this respect, none of these can be said to absolute.

Ya'jooj and Majooj are human beings and according to a narration they are from the progeny of Yafith ibn Nooh (A.S.).

Some Ahadith...

In a lengthy hadith by Hadhrat Nawwas ibn Sam'aan (R.A.) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is reported to have said:

"...Allah will send revelation upon Eesa (A.S.) that 'Such a creation of mine is now going to emerge that no power will be able to stop them. Therefore take my servants and ascend the Mount of Toor.' Then Ya'jooj and Majooj will emerge and surge forth in all their fury. When those from among them who constitute the former part of their army pass the lake of Tiberias (which is in northern Palestine), they will drink up all the water of that lake and by the time those that constitute the latter part of that same army pass the lake, they will say, "There used to be water here (long ago). When they reach the Mount of Khamr in Jerusalem, they will arrogantly proclaim: 'We have conquered the people of the earth, now we will annihilate those in the sky.' So saying they will fire their arrows towards the sky. When the arrows return to the ground they will be blood stained.

In the meantime, Eesa (A.S.) will be on the Mount of Toor with his followers. At that time the head of and ox will be as valuable as is a hundred dinars to you in this day. [This indicates the scarcity of provisions]. Faced with these hardships, Eesa (A.S.) and his followers will make dua unto Allah (to remove this calamity). As a result, Allah will cause sores to appear on the necks of each and every individual of these people which will cause their death suddenly. When Eesa (A.S.) and his followers descend from the Mount of Toor there will not be a single space on the land where the dead rotting bodies of these people is not littered, giving off a horrendous odour. Eesa (A.S.) and his followers will once more supplicate unto Allah as a result of which Allah will send down huge birds whose necks will be as thick as that of the necks of camels, and they will dump these bodies in a place where Allah wills. (According to a narration by Tirmidhi, they will be dumped at a place called Nahbal).

Allah Ta'ala will then send down a heavy rain, the waters of which will flow in every part of the earth cleansing it thoroughly. It will rain for a period of forty days.

The Muslims will then burn the bows and arrows of the Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj for a period of seven years.

Allah will order the earth to yield forth its crops in abundance and there will be such blessing and prosperity that one pomegranate will be sufficient for a whole group while the peel thereof will suffice to cast a shadow over them. The milk of one camel will be sufficient for many groups while one milk giving cow will be sufficient for a whole tribe. One milk giving goat will be sufficent for a whole family..."
(Muslim)

Hadhrat Abu Saeed Khudri (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:

"On the day of Qiyamah Allah will say to Adam (A.S.) to pick out the Jahannamis from his entire progeny. Adam (A.S.) will ask: 'O Rabb, who are they?'

Allah will say: 'Nine hundred and ninety nine of a thousand are Jahannami while the one is a Jannati.'

On hearing this the Sahaba were overtaken by fear and they asked "O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam), who will that one Janniti be?'

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: 'Do not grieve, the nine hundred and ninety nine will be Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj while you will be the Jannati."' (i.e. your numbers in relation to them will be one in a thousand).
(Bukhari and Muslim)

Hadhrat Abdullah ibn Umar (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:

"Allah Ta'ala divided mankind into ten parts. Nine tenths constitute Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj while the remaining tenths constitutues the rest of mankind."

Hadhrat Zainab bint Jahsh (R.A.) says: "...once Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) awoke from such a sleep that his face was red and these words were on his tongue: 'There is none worthy of worship except Allah. Destruction is upon the Arabs on account of the evil which has come close to them. Today a hole as big as this has opened up in the wall of Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj.' ..and Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) indicated the size of the hole forming a ring with his index finger and thumb."
(Bukhari and Muslim)

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (R.A.) narrates that every day Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj break (dig) through the wall erected by Zul Qarnain (A.S.) until they reach the end of it to that extent that they can actually see the light on the other side. They then return (home) saying that 'We will break through tomorrow.' But Allah Ta'ala causes the wall to revert to its original thickness and the next day they start digging through the wall all over again, and this process continues each day until as long as Allah wills them to remain imprisoned. When Allah wishes them to be released, then at the end of the day they will say, "If Allah wills, tomorrow we will break through." The following day they will find the wall as they had left it the previous day (i.e. it will not have returned to its orginal state) and after breaking the remaining part of it they will emerge." (Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)

Commenting on the above hadith, Allamah Ibn Arabi says, Three miracles are evident in this Hadith:

1.) It never occurs to these tribes that they must continue work during the night. After all, they are in such large numbers that they can easily delegate the work among themselves and work in shifts. But Allah does not allow this thought to occur to them.

2.) It never occurs to them that they can merely cross the mountains or scale the wall, which they can do through the aid of equipment and implements wich they possess in large numbers. According to a narration by Wahab ibn Munabbah it is known that these tribes are agriculturists and artisians possessing various types of equipment.

3.) The thought of saying "If Allah wills" never enters their minds and it will only occur to them to say it when Allah wills that they be released.
by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Umu 'Isa
02-28-2006, 12:20 AM
jazakAllah khair for that interesting article.. thats scaryyyyy :offended:

and by the way sis i like ur sig :statisfie

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-28-2006, 12:25 AM

Threads Merged.

Ps- Good Article :)

Mezier
03-01-2006, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH

I'd like to hear more about that theory

dany
03-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Zulqarnain is not Alexander the Great;the idol worshipper but most likely to be the King Darius/Cyrus I of Persia.

dany
03-26-2006, 09:18 AM
and for Yajuj wa Majuj or Gog & Magog, they are actually the Caucasians aka the whiteman.Having said that,not all of them are cruel people.It's reality,have you all wondered why they are called caucasians regardless of what their nationalities are? If you look at the history of the eastern & western european people,their ancestors came from the caucasus region which is of course Russia to be exact.they are non other than the Slavs & Teutonic,which the latter well known as Anglo-Saxon,and the wall that Zulqarnain built is called the "Caucasian Wall", get it ? Today, they have already come out from the wall and they are all over the place,North,Central,South America ,Europe,Middle-East,Africa,Asia,Australia,New Zealand,China,everywhere, you name it.

Another interesting facts;inthe bible Ezekiel 39:1-2," I will turn you about and drive you, I will fetch you up from the far recesses of the north... and it shall come to pass in that day,that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel..." .I really believe that most of the Israelis/Zionists are not the decendants of the 12 tribes of Prophet Jacob a.s.Have you heard of the 13th tribe ? Yes, they are the Khazarias who originated from the Caucasus region,whom of course the decendants of Gog & Magog,which they falsely claims to be of Jewish origin but they aren't.They are the ones whom the bible refers to.It will happen during Armageddon,the war between the supporters of Dajjal & Al-Mahdi,Prophet Isa a.s and Muslims.

shaharoun
03-27-2006, 10:26 AM
This issue is very confusing.let me ask on question,
"Is there no any hadith with specify the location of Hajuj and Majuj?"

Muslim Knight
03-31-2006, 12:39 PM
"Narrated Zainab bint Jahsh:

That one day Allah's Apostle entered upon her in a state of fear and said: None has the right to be worshipped but Allah! Woe to the Arabs from the great Evil that has approached (them). Today a hole has been opened in the dam of Gog and Magog like this. The Prophet made a circle with his index finger and thum. Zainab bint Jahsh added: I said: O Allah's Apostle! Shall we be destroyed though there will be righteous people among us? The Prophet said: Yes, if the (number) of evil (persons) increased." (Sahih Bukhari)

I got this from the book "Jerusalem in the Quran" written by Imran N. Hosein. The writer analyzed chains of events and concluded that Gog and Magog have been released even during (or immediately after) the Prophet's time and that today they no longer existed as single entities, tribes or nations, rather they have mixed around with Europeans.

Ever wondered why Christian Crusaders from Europe fought zealously to "liberate" Jerusalem from the Fatimids? And after that they butchered everyone till blood were ankle deep?

And that why Zionists today who insisted on creation of Israel and their bloody treatment of Palestinian Arabs? Ever wondered that most of them Zionists were not Jews by blood, rather from European descent who embraced Judaism?

www.kahf.org

http://www.onejamaat.com

Care for new round of discussion? I'm open.

04-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Hey i haven't read all the posts coz it's just 2 long but i know that the Ya'juj and Ma'juj came from one of the sons of Musa (a.s.) i think it was Yaafith. Also i think they are all the zionist jews.

There are supposed to be only twelve groups of jews (which is mentioned in the Quran), but if u look today there are thirteen. The extra tribe is the zionist jews. Also there is a hadith stating that the Ya'juj wa Ma'juj will drink the water of River Tiberius (also known as the sea of Galilea). And if you look nowadays, statistics show that one part of the river Tiberius is totally dry and the other part is marshy. And who was the water used up by? The zionist jews. They used it up faster than it could be replaced.
salaam:)

freeze
04-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Okay, just a basic question about Yajuj and Majuj..

How many will there be? I heard a lot, but does anyone know if they are in millions of billions?
And please provide a Hadith :)

Slave of Rehman
04-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Aslaam-o-Alikum sister Asma1!
well i have read ur thoughts abt yajuj and Majuj but i m not agree abt that it will be branch of Jews coz may be its not in Hadeeth that it belong with jews.
but they will come from east and west and hold all over world.
may be they are between us or still in way.
Coz rasoolullah said once that i have seen that in teh wall of Yajuj and Majuj is become hole like He (s.a.w) show two finger roled up (Thumb and Shahadah finger roled up). she He has given warning of its Fitinah.
if that time it become hole so wot abt this time? they may are between us.
Wallah Ailam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-04-2006, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad

hmm.... we dont really know where they could be .. so i just voted for " Impossible to know" Allahu Alam ..
* Wonders whats behind the great wall of china*

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT MY BRO WAS SAYING YESTERDAY!!!!! he thinks its in the great wall of china :uuh: but i reckon that yajuj and majuj are in sumthing far greater.....

Allahu allam

Mawaddah
05-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Hey but aren't they somewhere in like Turkey, or Syria? :? one of those places??

And anyway, the wall of China was built much later than Dhul Qarnains time right?

And in the Qur'an it says that they are between two mountains........

Hey do you brothers and sisters know about the Hadeeth that out of every 100 Ya'juj and Ma'juj, 99 will go to Hell and 1 will go to Paradise?

Muslim Soldier
05-04-2006, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana

Hey do you brothers and sisters know about the Hadeeth that out of every 100 Ya'juj and Ma'juj, 99 will go to Hell and 1 will go to Paradise?
never heard of it
sorry :X

NahidSarvy
05-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Europeans don't have demon blood in their veins. Heavens.

There is a discussion on Wikipedia about it here.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey but aren't they somewhere in like Turkey, or Syria? :? one of those places??

And anyway, the wall of China was built much later than Dhul Qarnains time right?

And in the Qur'an it says that they are between two mountains........

ye, its shocking :uuh: and its inbetween syria and turkey huh, whats all this bout dhul qarnain :? :? :?

05-05-2006, 12:21 PM
As far as i've heard it was that the prophet told his companions that on the day of judgement out of every 100 people only one will go to heaven. And when the companions began worrying he told them that the 99 who will go to hell will be from the ya'juj and ma'juj and the one thet will go to heaven will be from his ummah. This shows that the ya'juj and ma'juj will be vast in number.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
As far as i've heard it was that the prophet told his companions that on the day of judgement out of every 100 people only one will go to heaven. And when the companions began worrying he told them that the 99 who will go to hell will be from the ya'juj and ma'juj and the one thet will go to heaven will be from his ummah. This shows that the ya'juj and ma'juj will be vast in number.

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 265:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "On the day of Resurrection Allah will say, 'O Adam!' Adam will reply, 'Labbaik our Lord, and Sa'daik ' Then there will be a loud call (saying), Allah orders you to take from among your offspring a mission for the (Hell) Fire.' Adam will say, 'O Lord! Who are the mission for the (Hell) Fire?' Allah will say, 'Out of each thousand, take out 999.' At that time every pregnant female shall drop her load (have a miscarriage) and a child will have grey hair. And you shall see mankind as in a drunken state, yet not drunk, but severe will be the torment of Allah." (22.2) (When the Prophet mentioned this), the people were so distressed (and afraid) that their faces got changed (in color) whereupon the Prophet said, "From Gog and Magog nine-hundred ninety-nine will be taken out and one from you. You Muslims (compared to the large number of other people) will be like a black hair on the side of a white ox, or a white hair on the side of a black ox, and I hope that you will be one-fourth of the people of Paradise." On that, we said, "Allahu-Akbar!" Then he said, "I hope that you will be) one-third of the people of Paradise." We again said, "Allahu-Akbar!" Then he said, "(I hope that you will be) one-half of the people of Paradise." So we said, Allahu Akbar."

Quite right but if there so vast in number how can they b hidden... great wall of china... sum mountains... where......

05-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks brother. I got the figures wrong.

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Oh......so it was just to show how vast the nation of ya'juj and Ma'juj will be then? and not that one out of every 99 of them will go to Janna? I understand then, Jazakillah khair sis :) yes it makes more sense like that

ye, its shocking and its inbetween syria and turkey huh, whats all this bout dhul qarnain
People have had all kinds of guess at who Dhul Qarnain was lol, like how some people say here in this thread that he was Alexander the Great and all that kind of stuff, but the truth is that Allahu A'lam :). But what we do know for sure is that he is the one to whom Allah gave the strength to seal ya'juj and Ma'juj between those two mountains. And that he was a king who ruled the whole world at the time................Read the 2 pages of Surah Kahf bro it's all there :)

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Edit

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 265:

The Prophet said, "On the day of Resurrection Allah will say, 'O Adam!' Adam will reply, 'Labbaik our Lord, and Sa'daik ' Then there will be a loud call (saying), Allah orders you to take from among your offspring a mission for the (Hell) Fire.' Adam will say, 'O Lord! Who are the mission for the (Hell) Fire?' Allah will say, 'Out of each thousand, take out 999.' At that time every pregnant female shall drop her load (have a miscarriage) and a child will have grey hair. And you shall see mankind as in a drunken state, yet not drunk, but severe will be the torment of Allah." (22.2) (When the Prophet mentioned this), the people were so distressed (and afraid) that their faces got changed (in color) whereupon the Prophet said, "From Gog and Magog nine-hundred ninety-nine will be taken out and one from you. You Muslims (compared to the large number of other people) will be like a black hair on the side of a white ox, or a white hair on the side of a black ox, and I hope that you will be one-fourth of the people of Paradise." On that, we said, "Allahu-Akbar!" Then he said, "I hope that you will be) one-third of the people of Paradise." We again said, "Allahu-Akbar!" Then he said, "(I hope that you will be) one-half of the people of Paradise." So we said, Allahu Akbar."

Quite right but if there so vast in number how can they b hidden... great wall of china... sum mountains... where......
sahih bukhari: once the prophet (saw) woke up and his face was red. he said''woe to the arabs for the great evil that has come near-today a hole has been made in the dam of ya'juj wa ma'juj'

another hadeeth states that evryday the ya'juj ma'juj dig the barrier unti they SEE LIGHT, then when its night, their leader says we'll come backand finish it tomorrow. but the next day when they come Allah has made the barrier whole again so they begin to dig again... this will keep happening till one day the leader will say ''we'll finish it tomorrow INSHA ALLAH'' and the next day they will find the hole as they left it and will break loose.
(the hadeeth was something like this)

lots of scholars say they ARE already OUT- i can explain how if anyone is interested...:?

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 12:33 PM
^ yes yes I would love to know how the scholars can think that?? because in the hadeeth it's clear that they will come out and cause great destruction.........and please can you m ention who these scholars are please? Jazakallah Khair :)

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 12:55 PM
^ yes yes I would love to know how the scholars can think that?? because in the hadeeth it's clear that they will come out and cause great destruction.........and please can you m ention who these scholars are please? Jazakallah Khair :)
OK this is long-here goes..
one particular scholar who has done extensive research and come to the conclusion they r out is sheikh Imran n. hosein.
50 yrs after hijra, the caliph at that time sent out a muslim delegation to locate the barrier of gog and magog. they located the barrier in the caucasus mounts and returned with the news that the barrier WAS IN RUINS.
the people living in the caucasus mnts were the Khazars.
(to explain the next bit i'm gonna have to go into a li'l more history)

we know from hadeeth that the ya'juj ma'juj are turk tribe (the khazars are turkik origin) also from hadeeth-prophet noah (after global flood which destroyed whole of mankind except those on ark) -his three sons are from whom modern-day humanity are descended from

his three sons were ham, sam (sham) and yafith or japheth.
from ham came the black people, from sam/sham came the jews and arabs (from prophet ibrahim) so these (jews and arabs are called 'semitic' -from sam) and yafith was the father of the ya'juj ma'juj!

somewhere in history the khazars collectively converted to judaism. when caliph abdur-rahman 3rd's secretary asked king joseph of the khazars whether the khazars were semitic (from sam)or not since they converted to judaism and called themselves the 13th tribe and there are only 12 actual tribes of israel.

king joseph replied 'no', they (khazars) were not real jews, and therefore NOT from sam but instead he traced his ancestry to noah's 3rd son yafith(father of gog and magog)!!

not only this but there is a hadeeth in muslim that says that when gog magog come ''the fisrt of them will pass over the sea of galilee (lake tiberius) and will drink all its water. when the last of them come they will say there used to be water here once''

well, the zionist 'jews' are actually the modern day khazars, but they hide this now (for obvious reasons) and they are the ones using up the water in the sea of galilee as a result of which it is drying up and causing awater crisis!

so some scholars think that the khazars (zionists) are gog magog, also in the hadeeth of bukhari which the prophet(saw) mentions about the hole being made he says WOE TO THE ARABS.

one reason for this COULD be because when the isalmic empire was expanding across the world, the place where it stopped and could not go beyond was the caucasus mnts where the hostile khazars were -who fought them so badly.

if you have any Qs-i've tried to answer as best i could...

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:07 PM
marge i wud like to thank u for such knowledge. Apreciate it very much :). Mayb the freemason/luminati's are gog/magog :eek: jus a thot

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
marge i wud like to thank u for such knowledge. Apreciate it very much :). Mayb the freemason/luminati's are gog/magog :eek: jus a thot
ye know -that's exactly what i thought since the freemasons/illuminati ARE linked to the zionists and a lot of their doings can be related to signs of qiyamamh.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
ye know -that's exactly what i thought since the freemasons/illuminati ARE linked to the zionists and a lot of their doings can be related to signs of qiyamamh.
i heard all the illuminati's are actually zionists, jus sumthin ive heard. But the way zionists are it cud b tru me thinks...

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 01:17 PM
yeah-htat's what i heard -have u read 'dajjal the anti christ' by ahmed thomson? it is really interesting-especially how it explains how the freemasons were behind the word wars and why and what hitlers TRUE intentions were (he was actaully against the freemasons which is why they made him out to be mad to rest of the world and distorted his words)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:19 PM
yeah-htat's what i heard -have u read 'dajjal the anti christ' by ahmed thomson? it is really interesting-especially how it explains how the freemasons were behind the word wars and why and what hitlers TRUE intentions were (he was actaully against the freemasons which is why they made him out to be mad to rest of the world and distorted his words)
WHOOAH!!! im definitly gnna read that book!!! thx 4 mentioning :)

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 01:43 PM
You know, it's possible that they COULD be.......but I heard somewhere, I think it was my teacher who was telling me this if I'm not mistaken. She said that Ya'juj and Ma'juj will be dwarves, like an armslength tall? :?

Ayesha Rana
05-05-2006, 02:09 PM

Look who's going back on their word now. You told me i wasn't allowed to blab about any of that stuff and you go and open your big gob.
I guess weve got to walk around going 'Heil Hitler' now. Kidding. Isn't it wiered how they brainwash us all?

Yippee other people are interested in the illuminati too. Check the Educate-yourself website out it's got loads of info about those freaks of nature.

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana
Look who's going back on their word now. You told me i wasn't allowed to blab about any of that stuff and you go and open your big gob.
I guess weve got to walk around going 'Heil Hitler' now. Kidding. Isn't it wiered how they brainwash us all?

Yippee other people are interested in the illuminati too. Check the Educate-yourself website out it's got loads of info about those freaks of nature.
yeah well i didn't just open my gob for no reason-it came along..
besides this si an islamic forum and i haven't exactly put my real name here!

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:13 PM

besides-he started it

05-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I don't know why u 2 are arguing for?

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I don't know why u 2 are arguing for?
don't u know asma-us three always argue! :giggling:

Ayesha Rana
05-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Yeah Bathmat

yeah well i didn't just open my gob for no reason-it came along..
besides this si an islamic forum and i haven't exactly put my real name here!

So what do you want me to do change my user name? It's not on my birth certificate like that anyway you overprotective so and so!!:giggling:

------
05-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Ahem.....back to the topic ppl :p

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:21 PM
So what do you want me to do change my user name? It's not on my birth certificate like that anyway you overprotective so and so!!:giggling:
u so opposite so and so! i only stopped you from blabbing on the phone as the lines are always bugged!!:rant:

05-05-2006, 02:22 PM
:giggling: There u go again!

Ayesha Rana
05-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Stop nagging Bathmat and tell them about how the illuminati wanna brainwash us all and limit the worlds population by 5.5 Billion.

------
05-05-2006, 02:24 PM
people On Topic Please - Pagal Kuri

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
people On Topic Please - Pagal Kuri
yeah we should start a separate post for this illuminati topic

------
05-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Go on then Marge1 :p

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Go on then Marge1 :p
problem-I DON'T KNOW HOW!

05-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Stop nagging Bathmat and tell them about how the illuminati wanna brainwash us all and limit the worlds population by 5.5 Billion.
hem hem

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:32 PM
hem hem
what? harry potter? (umbrigde-bumridge)

------
05-05-2006, 02:33 PM
problem-I DON'T KNOW HOW!
I'll tell u on monday yh sfe in colij :)

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:35 PM
I'll tell u on monday yh sfe in colij :)
great aalimah-2 whole days to wait!

------
05-05-2006, 02:35 PM
**edited**

05-05-2006, 02:36 PM
what? harry potter? (umbrigde-bumridge)
I'm only reminding her of the consequences of calling me that.:rollseyes :giggling:

And lets get back to topic!

Ayesha Rana
05-05-2006, 02:42 PM
What consequences?

yeah we should start a separate post for this illuminati topic
You horrid woman. When i said to make a seperate topic you and bathmat started ganging up on me and telling me how stupid i was. Talk about rotten!!! you bug-eye bully!

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2006, 02:48 PM
salam
please i ask all members to remain on topic and refrain from posting off topic posts
jazakallah khair
wasalam

05-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh please don't start again...

------
05-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Asma don't be rude and STOP IT - Jazakallah :)

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2006, 02:51 PM
salam
refrain from off topic post, i am simply advising, and i have no authority, those with authority will be far more severe
wasalam

nasrullah
07-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Ok by reading the verses of the Quran and the quotes from Hadiths I am really sure that Gog Magog are still stuck in the wall even to this day.It is irrelevant to say that Zionist, America are Gog and Magog.And since they contribute in 9/10 population of the whole humanity then they are going to be around 20-60 billion in number [God knows best]. Anyway my question is has anyone made expedition in search for gog and magog?

tresbien
01-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Who are the Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj?

The Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj

During the reign of Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) people will live an extremely peaceful life filled with prosperity and abundance. Then the wall which imprisons Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj will break and they will surge forth in large numbers.

"But when Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj are let loose and they rush headlong down every hill" (Quran 21:97)

Who are the Ya'jooj and Majooj?

Zul Qarnain (A.S.) who was a pious and just Ruler travelled to many lands and conquered them, establishing justice and the Law of Allah therein. Allah Ta'ala provided him with all forms and material strength through which he was able to carry out his conquests and missions.

He once carried out a mission in three directions, the far west, the far east, and then in a northerly direction. It was here that he came across a tribe of people who complained to him about the tribes of Ya'jooj and Majooj which inhabited the land behind two huge mountains and often emerged from behind these mountains to perpetrate acts of anarchy and plunder among them. They requested Zul Qarnain (A.S.) to erect a barrier between themselves and the tribes of Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj so that they could be saved from their atrocities. With the material strength at his disposal, Zul Qarnain (A.S.) enlisted their physical labor and set about erecting a high wall between the two mountains. The height of the wall or its exact length is unknown. What is known is that the height of this wall reaches that of the summit of both mountains. It is made with blocks or sheets of iron, which is further strengthened by molten lead. In this manner Ya'jooj and Majooj are unable to scale the wall, or cross it, except when it is the will of Allah.

"And when the promise of my Rabb approaces, He will level it to dust" (Quran 18:98)

They are situated in a land of ice which is hidden from our gazes and the exact location of which is unknown. Though many interpretations do exist in this respect, none of these can be said to absolute.

Ya'jooj and Majooj are human beings and according to a narration they are from the progeny of Yafith ibn Nooh (A.S.).

Some Ahadith...

In a lengthy hadith by Hadhrat Nawwas ibn Sam'aan (R.A.) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is reported to have said:

"...Allah will send revelation upon Eesa (A.S.) that 'Such a creation of mine is now going to emerge that no power will be able to stop them. Therefore take my servants and ascend the Mount of Toor.' Then Ya'jooj and Majooj will emerge and surge forth in all their fury. When those from among them who constitute the former part of their army pass the lake of Tiberias (which is in northern Palestine), they will drink up all the water of that lake and by the time those that constitute the latter part of that same army pass the lake, they will say, "There used to be water here (long ago). When they reach the Mount of Khamr in Jerusalem, they will arrogantly proclaim: 'We have conquered the people of the earth, now we will annihilate those in the sky.' So saying they will fire their arrows towards the sky. When the arrows return to the ground they will be blood stained.

In the meantime, Eesa (A.S.) will be on the Mount of Toor with his followers. At that time the head of and ox will be as valuable as is a hundred dinars to you in this day. [This indicates the scarcity of provisions]. Faced with these hardships, Eesa (A.S.) and his followers will make dua unto Allah (to remove this calamity). As a result, Allah will cause sores to appear on the necks of each and every individual of these people which will cause their death suddenly. When Eesa (A.S.) and his followers descend from the Mount of Toor there will not be a single space on the land where the dead rotting bodies of these people is not littered, giving off a horrendous odour. Eesa (A.S.) and his followers will once more supplicate unto Allah as a result of which Allah will send down huge birds whose necks will be as thick as that of the necks of camels, and they will dump these bodies in a place where Allah wills. (According to a narration by Tirmidhi, they will be dumped at a place called Nahbal).

Allah Ta'ala will then send down a heavy rain, the waters of which will flow in every part of the earth cleansing it thoroughly. It will rain for a period of forty days.

The Muslims will then burn the bows and arrows of the Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj for a period of seven years.

Allah will order the earth to yield forth its crops in abundance and there will be such blessing and prosperity that one pomegranate will be sufficient for a whole group while the peel thereof will suffice to cast a shadow over them. The milk of one camel will be sufficient for many groups while one milk giving cow will be sufficient for a whole tribe. One milk giving goat will be sufficent for a whole family..."

(Muslim)

Hadhrat Abu Saeed Khudri (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:

"On the day of Qiyamah Allah will say to Adam (A.S.) to pick out the Jahannamis from his entire progeny. Adam (A.S.) will ask: 'O Rabb, who are they?'

Allah will say: 'Nine hundred and ninety nine of a thousand are Jahannami while the one is a Jannati.'

On hearing this the Sahaba were overtaken by fear and they asked "O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam), who will that one Janniti be?'

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: 'Do not grieve, the nine hundred and ninety nine will be Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj while you will be the Jannati."' (i.e. your numbers in relation to them will be one in a thousand).

(Bukhari and Muslim)

Hadhrat Abdullah ibn Umar (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:

"Allah Ta'ala divided mankind into ten parts. Nine tenths constitute Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj while the remaining tenths constitutues the rest of mankind."

Hadhrat Zainab bint Jahsh (R.A.) says: "...once Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) awoke from such a sleep that his face was red and these words were on his tongue: 'There is none worthy of worship except Allah. Destruction is upon the Arabs on account of the evil which has come close to them. Today a hole as big as this has opened up in the wall of Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj.' ..and Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) indicated the size of the hole forming a ring with his index finger and thumb."

(Bukhari and Muslim)

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (R.A.) narrates that every day Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj break (dig) through the wall erected by Zul Qarnain (A.S.) until they reach the end of it to that extent that they can actually see the light on the other side. They then return (home) saying that 'We will break through tomorrow.' But Allah Ta'ala causes the wall to revert to its original thickness and the next day they start digging through the wall all over again, and this process continues each day until as long as Allah wills them to remain imprisoned. When Allah wishes them to be released, then at the end of the day they will say, "If Allah wills, tomorrow we will break through." The following day they will find the wall as they had left it the previous day (i.e. it will not have returned to its orginal state) and after breaking the remaining part of it they will emerge."

(Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)

Commenting on the above hadith, Allamah Ibn Arabi says, Three miracles are evident in this Hadith:

1.) It never occurs to these tribes that they must continue work during the night. After all, they are in such large numbers that they can easily delegate the work among themselves and work in shifts. But Allah does not allow this thought to occur to them.

2.) It never occurs to them that they can merely cross the mountains or scale the wall, which they can do through the aid of equipment and implements wich they possess in large numbers. According to a narration by Wahab ibn Munabbah it is known that these tribes are agriculturists and artisians possessing various types of equipment.

3.) The thought of saying "If Allah wills" never enters their minds and it will only occur to them to say it when Allah wills that they be released.

by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali

'Abd al-Baari
01-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Salams
thanks for the article but i have one question for you
Are Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj the same as the biblical Gog and Magog?

samsam
01-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Jazakalah for that

samsam
01-05-2007, 12:08 PM
i also was wondering if you could post the sings of qiyamah here?

tresbien
01-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Yajuj wa Ma'juj (Gog and Magog) according to Islam

[ثُمَّ أَتْبَعَ سَبَباً حَتَّى إِذَا بَلَغَ بَيْنَ السَّدَّيْنِ وَجَدَ مِن دُونِهِمَا قَوْماً لاَّ يَكَادُونَ يَفْقَهُونَ قَوْلاً قَالُواْ يذَا الْقَرْنَيْنِ إِنَّ يَأْجُوجَ وَمَأْجُوجَ مُفْسِدُونَ فِى الاٌّرْضِ فَهَلْ نَجْعَلُ لَكَ خَرْجاً عَلَى أَن تَجْعَلَ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَهُمْ سَدًّا قَالَ مَا مَكَّنِّى فِيهِ رَبِّى خَيْرٌ فَأَعِينُونِى بِقُوَّةٍ أَجْعَلْ بَيْنَكُمْ وَبَيْنَهُمْ رَدْمًا ءَاتُونِى زُبَرَ الْحَدِيدِ حَتَّى إِذَا سَاوَى بَيْنَ الصَّدَفَيْنِ قَالَ انفُخُواْ حَتَّى إِذَا جَعَلَهُ نَاراً قَالَ آتُونِى أُفْرِغْ عَلَيْهِ قِطْراً ](92. Then he followed (another) way,) (93. Until, when he reached between two mountains, he found before them a people who scarcely understood a word.) (94. They said: "O Dhul-Qarnayn! Verily, Ya'juj and Ma'juj are doing great mischief in the land. Shall we then pay you a tribute in order that you might erect a barrier between us and them'') (95. He said: "That in which my Lord had established me is better. So help me with strength, I will erect between you and them a barrier.'') (96. "Give me Zubar of iron;'' then, when he had filled up the gap between the two mountain-cliffs, he said: "Blow;'' then when he had made them (red as) fire, he said: "Bring me Qitran to pour over them.'')

His Journey to the Land of Ya'juj and Ma'juj, and building the Barrier

Allah says of Dhul-Qarnayn:

[ثُمَّ أَتْبَعَ سَبَباً ]

(Then he followed (another) way) meaning, he traveled from the east of the earth until he reached a place between the two mountains which were next to one another with a valley in between, from which Ya'juj and Ma'juj (God and Magog) will emerge into the land of the Turks and spread mischief there, destroying crops and people. Ya'juj and Ma'juj are among the progeny of Adam, peace be upon him, as was recorded in the Two Sahihs;

«إِنَّ اللهَ تَعَالَى يَقُولُ: يَا آدَمُ فَيَقُولُ: لَبَّيْكَ وَسَعْدَيْكَ فَيَقُولُ: ابْعَثْ بَعْثَ النَّارِ، فَيَقُولُ: وَمَا بَعْثُ النَّارِ؟ فَيَقُولُ: مِنْ كُلِّ أَلْفٍ تِسْعُمِائَةٍ وَتِسْعَةٌ وَتِسْعُونَ إِلَى النَّارِ وَوَاحِدٌ إِلَى الْجَنَّةِ، فَحِينَئِذٍ يَشِيبُ الصَّغِيرُ وَتَضَعُ كُلُّ ذَاتِ حَمْلٍ حَمْلَهَا. فَقَالَ: إِنَّ فِيكُمْ أُمَّتيْنِ مَا كَانَتَا فِي شَيْءٍ إِلَّا كَثَّرَتَاهُ يَأْجُوجَ وَمَأْجُوج»

"Allah said: "O Adam.'' Adam said, "Here I am at Your service.'' Allah said, "Send forth the group of Hellfire.'' Adam said, "What is the group of Hellfire" Allah said: "Out of every thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine will go to Hell and one will go to Paradise.'' At that time young men will turn grey and every pregnant female will drop her load. Among you are two nations who never come to anything but they overwhelm it with their huge numbers. (They are) Ya'juj and Ma'juj.''

[وَجَدَ مِن دُونِهِمَا قَوْماً لاَّ يَكَادُونَ يَفْقَهُونَ قَوْلاً]

(he found before them a people who scarcely understood a word. ) he could not understand their speech, because they were so isolated from other people.

[قَالُواْ يذَا الْقَرْنَيْنِ إِنَّ يَأْجُوجَ وَمَأْجُوجَ مُفْسِدُونَ فِى الاٌّرْضِ فَهَلْ نَجْعَلُ لَكَ خَرْجاً]

(They said: "O Dhul-Qarnayn! Verily, Ya'juj and Ma'juj are doing great mischief in the land. Shall we then pay you a tribute'') Ibn Jurayj reported from `Ata' from Ibn `Abbas that this meant a great reward, i.e., they wanted to collect money among themselves to give to him so that he would create a barrier between them and Ya'juj and Ma'juj. Dhul-Qarnayn said with kindness, righteousness and good intentions,

[مَا مَكَّنِّى فِيهِ رَبِّى خَيْرٌ]

(That in which my Lord had established me is better (than your tribute).) meaning, the power and authority that Allah has given me is better for me than what you have collected. This is like when Sulayman (Solomon), peace be upon him, said:

[أَتُمِدُّونَنِ بِمَالٍ فَمَآ ءَاتَـنِى اللَّهُ خَيْرٌ مِّمَّآ ءَاتَـكُمْ]

(Will you help me in wealth What Allah has given me is better than that which He has given you!) [27:36] Similarly, Dhul-Qarnayn said: `What I have is better than what you want to give me, but help me with strength,' i.e., with your labor and construction equipment,

[أَجْعَلْ بَيْنَكُمْ وَبَيْنَهُمْ رَدْمًاءَاتُونِى زُبَرَ الْحَدِيدِ]

(I will erect between you and them a barrier. Give me Zubar of iron,) Zubar is the plural of Zubrah, which means pieces or chunks of something. This was the view of Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid and Qatadah. These pieces were like bricks or blocks, and it was said that each block weighed one Damascene Qintar or more.

[حَتَّى إِذَا سَاوَى بَيْنَ الصَّدَفَيْنِ]

(then, when he had filled up the gap between the two mountain-cliffs,) means, he put the blocks on top of one another, starting at the bottom, until he reached the tops of the mountains, filling the width and height of the gap. The scholars differed about the precise width and height.

[قَالَ انفُخُواْ]

(he said: "Blow;'') means, he lit a fire until the whole thing was burning hot.

[قَالَ آتُونِى أُفْرِغْ عَلَيْهِ قِطْراً]

(he said: "Bring me Qitran to pour over them.'') Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, `Ikrimah, Ad-Dahhak, Qatadah and As-Suddi said it was copper. Some of them added that it was molten. This is similar to the Ayah:

[وَأَسَلْنَا لَهُ عَيْنَ الْقِطْرِ]

(And We caused a fount of Qitran to flow for him) [34:12]. So it resembled a striped cloak. Then Allah said:

[فَمَا اسْطَـعُواْ أَن يَظْهَرُوهُ وَمَا اسْتَطَـعُواْ لَهُ نَقْبًا - قَالَ هَـذَا رَحْمَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّى فَإِذَا جَآءَ وَعْدُ رَبِّى جَعَلَهُ دَكَّآءَ وَكَانَ وَعْدُ رَبِّى حَقّاً - وَتَرَكْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ يَمُوجُ فِى بَعْضٍ وَنُفِخَ فِى الصُّورِ فَجَمَعْنَـهُمْ جَمْعاً ]

e(97. So they could not scale it or dig through it.) (98. He said: "This is a mercy from my Lord, but when the promise of my Lord comes, He shall Dakka' it down to the ground. And the promise of my Lord is ever true.) (99. And on that Day, We shall leave some of them to surge like waves on one another; and the Trumpet will be blown, and We shall collect them (the creatures) all together.)

The Barrier restrains Them, but It will be breached when the Hour draws nigh

Allah tells us that Ya'juj and Ma'juj could not climb over the barrier or penetrate its lower portion. Varying forms of the verb are used here in the Arabic text to reflect the difficulty of the action referred to.

[فَمَا اسْطَـعُواْ أَن يَظْهَرُوهُ وَمَا اسْتَطَـعُواْ لَهُ نَقْبًا ]

(So they (Ya'juj and Ma'juj) could not scale it or dig through it.) This indicates that they could not penetrate it or dig through it. Imam Ahmad recorded that Zaynab bint Jahsh, the wife of the Prophet said, "The Prophet woke from sleep, and he was red in the face. He said,

«لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ وَيْلٌ لِلْعَرَبِ مِنْ شَرَ قَدِ اقْتَرَبَ فُتِحَ الْيَوْمَ مِنْ رَدْمِ يَأْجُوجَ وَمَأْجُوجَ مِثْلُ هَذَا»

(La ilaha illallah! Woe to the Arabs from the evil that has approached (them). Today a hole has been opened in the barrier of Ya'juj and Ma'juj like this.) and he made a circle with his index finger and thumb. I [Zaynab] said, `O Messenger of Allah, will we be destroyed even though there will be righteous people among us' He said:

«نَعَمْ إِذَا كَثُرَ الْخَبَث»

(Yes, if evil increases.)'' This is a Sahih Hadith, both Al-Bukhari and Muslim recorded it.

[قَالَ هَـذَا رَحْمَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّى]

((Dhul-Qarnayn) said: "This is a mercy from my Lord...'') meaning, after it was built by Dhul-Qarnayn.

[قَالَ هَـذَا رَحْمَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّى]

(He said: This is a mercy from my Lord) for the people, when he placed a barrier between them and Ya'juj and Ma'juj, to stop them from spreading evil and corruption on earth.

[فَإِذَا جَآءَ وَعْدُ رَبِّى]

(but when the promise of my Lord comes) means, when the true promise comes

[جَعَلَهُ دَكَّآءَ]

(He shall Dakka' it down to the ground.) means, will make it flat. The Arabs use Dakka' to describe a female camel whose back is flat and has no hump. And Allah says:

[فَلَمَّا تَجَلَّى رَبُّهُ لِلْجَبَلِ جَعَلَهُ دَكًّا]

(So when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He made it Dakkan) [7:143] meaning, level to the ground.

[وَكَانَ وَعْدُ رَبِّى حَقّاً]

(And the promise of my Lord is ever true.) means, it will come to pass without a doubt.

[وَتَرَكْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ]

(We shall leave some of them) meaning mankind, on that day, the day when the barrier will be breached and these people (Ya'juj and Ma'juj) will come out surging over mankind to destroy their wealth and property.

[وَتَرَكْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ يَمُوجُ فِى بَعْضٍ]

(We shall leave some of them to surge like waves on one another;) As-Suddi said: "That is when they emerge upon the people.'' All of this will happen before the Day of Resurrection and after the Dajjal, as we will explain when discussing the Ayat:

[حَتَّى إِذَا فُتِحَتْ يَأْجُوجُ وَمَأْجُوجُ وَهُمْ مِّن كُلِّ حَدَبٍ يَنسِلُونَ وَاقْتَرَبَ الْوَعْدُ الْحَقُّ]

(Until, when Ya'juj and Ma'juj are let loose, and they swoop down from every Hadab. And the true promise shall draw near...) [21:96-97]

[وَنُفِخَ فِى الصُّورِ]

(and As-Sur will be blown.) As-Sur, as explained in the Hadith, is a horn that is blown into. The one who will blow into it is (the angel) Israfil, peace be upon him, as has been explained in the Hadith quoted at length above, and there are many Hadiths on this topic. According to a Hadith narrated from `Atiyah from Ibn `Abbas and Abu Sa`id, and attributed to the Prophet ,

«كَيْفَ أَنْعَمُ وَصَاحِبُ الْقَرْنِ قَدِ الْتَقَمَ الْقَرْنَ وَحَنَى جَبْهَتَهُ وَاسْتَمَعَ مَتَى يُؤْمَرُ؟»

(How can I relax when the one with the Horn has put the Horn in his mouth and has knelt down, listening out for the command to be given to him) They said, "What should we say" He said:

«قُولُوا: حَسْبُنَا اللهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ عَلَى اللهِ تَوَكَّلْنَا»

(Say: "Allah is Sufficient for us and the best Disposer of affairs, in Allah have we put our trust.'')

[فَجَمَعْنَـهُمْ جَمْعاً]

(and We shall collect them (the creatures) all together.) means, `We shall bring them all together for Reckoning.'

[قُلْ إِنَّ الاٌّوَّلِينَ وَالاٌّخِرِينَ - لَمَجْمُوعُونَ إِلَى مِيقَـتِ يَوْمٍ مَّعْلُومٍ ]

(Say: "(Yes) verily, those of old, and those of later times. All will surely be gathered together for appointed meeting of a known Day.) [56:49-50]

[وَحَشَرْنَـهُمْ فَلَمْ نُغَادِرْ مِنْهُمْ أَحَداً]

(and we shall gather them all together so as to leave not one of them behind.) [18:47]

[وَعَرَضْنَا جَهَنَّمَ يَوْمَئِذٍ لِّلْكَـفِرِينَ عَرْضاً - الَّذِينَ كَانَتْ أَعْيُنُهُمْ فِى غِطَآءٍ عَن ذِكْرِى وَكَانُواْ لاَ يَسْتَطِيعُونَ سَمْعاً - أَفَحَسِبَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ أَن يَتَّخِذُواْ عِبَادِى مِن دُونِى أَوْلِيَآءَ إِنَّآ أَعْتَدْنَا جَهَنَّمَ لِلْكَـفِرِينَ نُزُلاً ]

(100. And on that Day We shall present Hell to the disbelievers, plain to view.) (101. (To) those whose eyes had been under a covering from My Reminder, and they could not bear to hear (it).) (102. Do then those who disbelieved think that they can take My servants as Awliya' [protectors] besides Me Verily, We have prepared Hell as an entertainment for the disbelievers.)

taken from www.tasfir.com

01-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Salams
thanks for the article but i have one question for you
Are Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj the same as the biblical Gog and Magog?
yes

tresbien
01-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Yajuj wa Ma'juj (Gog and Magog) according to Islam

'Abd al-Baari
01-05-2007, 02:37 PM
thanks

tresbien
01-05-2007, 02:38 PM
taken from www.tafsir.com

Umm Yoosuf
01-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Another helful thread http://www.islamicboard.com/akhira-h...jooj+Ma%27jooj

imrano
01-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Could Gog and Magog be aliens???

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-07-2007, 08:48 PM

Threads Merged.

Skillganon
01-07-2007, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imrano
Could Gog and Magog be aliens???
Nope they are native to earth. Please read the previous post.

Fishman
01-31-2007, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Nope they are native to earth. Please read the previous post.
Actually, the hadith says that they are decendants of Adaam (peace be upon him), not neccessarily inhabitants of the Earth. I think they are people who went through some sort of wormhole, how else are you supposed to trap 70 billion people in a remote area of central Asia?

FBI
01-31-2007, 08:12 PM

All I know is that i don't want to meet them.

Fishman
01-31-2007, 08:18 PM
I also think the descriptions of their bows and arrows are metaphorical, and are really referring to some other, more up to date ranged weapon, possibly some sort of rocket. If they literally had only bows and arrows, how would they be able to slaughter and destroy all that stuff?

FBI
01-31-2007, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I also think the descriptions of their bows and arrows are metaphorical, and are really referring to some other, more up to date ranged weapon, possibly some sort of rocket. If they literally had only bows and arrows, how would they be able to slaughter and destroy all that stuff?
they're in huge numbers. they even manage to drink all the oceans up.

syilla
02-02-2007, 02:42 AM

maybe it is here?????

Umar001
02-02-2007, 02:46 AM
Syilla sister can you translate for us please cos I dont got a clue wha t that is saying.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-02-2007, 02:46 AM

^ I don't understand a word up there. Can you please paraphrase what the article's saying?

syilla
02-02-2007, 02:50 AM
oh my...that'll be long... hehe...and i'm very bad with translation.

but i'll try... have patience please

syilla
02-02-2007, 06:02 AM
i'm too embarassed with my translation....

shible
02-13-2007, 01:33 PM

Since there was a thread going on DAJJAL - THE ANTICHRIST. we know some information about it,

but he is not the end instead he is the begining.

Wat will be appearing after Al-Dajjal is wat this thread speaks of........

here it is

This thread is a lengthy one......................

Yajuj wa Ma'juj (Gog and Magog)

The great Muslim scholar, Ibn Kathir, when discussing the origins of ‘Yajuj wa Ma’juj’ (Gog and Magog) - the people who traditionally inhabited the area between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea, which is where the Khazar kingdom was originally situated - in his historical work, Al-Bidayah wa'l-Nihayah (The Beginning and the End), specifically states that "Gog and Magog are two groups of Turks, descended from Yafith (Japheth), the father of the Turks, one of the sons of Noah."

It is interesting to note in passing that one of the questions which Hasdai ibn Shaprut [the treasurer, court physician and minister of (Caliph) Abdar-Rahman III (912-961 A.D.) in Spain] asked in his letter to [Khazar] King Joseph was whether the tribe of the Khazar Jews had any connection with the ‘lost’ ten tribes - that is, the ten tribes of the Tribe of Israel who, as we have already seen, became known as the Israelites (as opposed to the other two, who became known as the Judahites), and who were disowned by the Judahites, and who 'disappeared' after becoming conquered by the Assyrians [in 721 B.C.].

King Joseph categorically stated in his reply that there was no such connection whatsoever. In providing a genealogy of his people, King Joseph, writes Arthur Koestler in his book, The Thirteenth Tribe, "cannot, and does not, claim for them Semitic descent; he traces their ancestry not to Shem but to Noah's third son, Japheth; or more precisely to Japheth's grandson, Togarma, the ancestor of all Turkish tribes."

The Jewish Encyclopaedia says that the Judaist scholars had no doubt as to the genuineness of this correspondence, in which the word Ashkenazi first occurs as denoting this sharply-outlined, hitherto unknown group of "Eastern Jews" and as indicating Slav associations.

This answer of King Joseph is very significant, not only because it demonstrates conclusively that the Khazar Jews are not semitic, but also because, as we shall see in greater detail later on in this book, insh'Allah, the uncle of Togarma, according to Genesis 10.2-3, was Magog.

This means that it is highly likely that the prophecies in The Bible and in the Qur'an, together with the prophecies made by the Prophet Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, concerning Gog and Magog, are directly relevant to the activities and destiny of the Khazar Jews.

... It is therefore clear that the Khazar Jews are not descended from any of the original twelve tribes that formed the original Tribe of Israel, but rather are directly related to the people of Gog and Magog.

Furthermore, it is important to note - since some authors, including Michael Rice, appear to be under the impression that term 'Ashkenazim' originated amongst those Jews of Spain who moved on to Eastern Europe when they were expelled in 1493 - that Ashkenaz was the name of a son of Gomer, who was a son Japheth, a son of Noah. 'Ashkenazi' derives directly from the Khazar Jews, not from the Sephardhic Jews.

Although it can certainly be argued that the Sephardhim and the Ashkenazim are related insofar as they ultimately trace their ancestry back to two brothers, Shem and Japheth, two of the of the sons of Noah, peace be on him, it is clear that certainly by the time of Moses, peace be on him, the descendants of these two brothers had become entirely different peoples, inhabiting entirely different areas of the world, and speaking entirely different languages. No rational being could possibly argue that the original Tribe of Israel and the contemporary Turkic ancestors of the Khazars were one and the same people.

There are other recorded references to contact being made between these two main groups of Jews: Professor Graetz, for example, when describing the eventual collapse [in the second half of Tenth century A.D.] of the Jewish Khazar kingdom, states, "As though Andalusia were a Jewish state, the sons of the last chagan or king of the Khazars, like those of the exilarch, also sought refuge in Spain."

Similarly, Abraham ben Daud in his book, Sefer ha-Kabbalah, written in 1161 [about one-half century before the fall of Toledo to Christians], states that he had "seen in Toledo some of their descendants, pupils of the wise, and they told us that the remnant of them followed the Rabbanite faith."

It would appear, however, from the overall lack of recorded references to contact between these two very different groups of Jews, that any contact between the Khazar Jews in Russia and the Sephardhic Jews in Spain, during the period of Muslim rule in Spain, was of a limited nature - perhaps partly because the Khazars in the East were viewed with a certain degree of suspicion by the Sephardhim in the West.

It is interesting to note that some commentators on the Qur'an do equate these European Khazar Jews who are not Jews with 'Jewj wa ma Jewj - a people who are described in the Qur'an as spreading over the face of the earth and creating mischief. Classical European scholars identify Jewj wa ma Jewj with Gog and Magog, who, as we have already seen earlier, originally lived in the area of land that lies between the Black sea and the Caspian sea - and from whom King Joseph of the Khazars claimed his ancestry.

Indeed it is also interesting to note in passing that the Muslim historian, At-Tabari, relates accounts of at least two expeditions made by the early Muslims to find and examine the wall that had been erected - as described in the Qur'an - by Dhu'l-Qarnayn (who, some say, was in fact Alexander the Great), in order to prevent Gog and Magog spreading south through the Caucasus. D. M. Dunlop refers to these accounts in his book, The History of the Jewish Khazars, stating that the wall in question was "the Caucasus fortification (dating from pre-Islamic times) known as the Wall of Darband", and observing that "successive courses of bright and dark material (copper and iron) are the most prominent feature of both accounts, which of course may be influenced by the Qur'an passage in which iron and molten brass are mentioned.

Ibn Kathir, in his book Al-Bidayah wa'l-Nihayah - The Beginning and the End, provides this general summary - part of which has already been quoted - of the history and future of Gog and Magog (who are usually referred to as 'the Huns' by modern historians), and of the building of the wall by Dhu'l-Qarnayn:

Gog and Magog are two groups of Turks, descended from Yafith (Japheth), the father of the Turks, one of the sons of Noah. At the time of Abraham, peace be on him, there was a king called Dhu'l-Qarnayn. He performed Tawaf around the Ka'bah with Abraham, peace be on him, when he first built it; he believed and followed him. Dhu'l-Qarnayn was a good man and a great king; Allah gave him great power and he ruled the east and west. He held sway over all kings and countries, and travelled far and wide in both east and west. He travelled eastwards until he reached a pass between two mountains, through which people were coming out. They did not understand anything, because they were so isolated; they were Gog and Magog. They were spreading corruption through the earth, and harming the people, so the people sought help from Dhu'l Qarnayn. They asked him to build a barrier between them and Gog and Magog. He asked them to help him to build it, so together they built a barrier by mixing iron, copper and tar.

Thus Dhu'l-Qarnayn restrained Gog and Magog behind the barrier. They tried to penetrate the barrier, or to climb over it, but to no avail. They could not succeed because the barrier is so huge and smooth. They began to dig and they have been digging for centuries; they will continue to do so until the time when Allah decrees that they come out. At that time the barrier will collapse, and Gog and Magog will rush out in all directions, spreading corruption, uprooting plants, killing people. When Jesus, peace be on him, prays against them, Allah will send a kind of worm in the napes of their necks, and they will be killed by it.

Clearly this barrier has now long been breached, and Gog and Magog have now spread everywhere, doing what it has been decreed they must do, until it is time for them to meet their final end after Jesus, peace be on him, has returned to this earth.

It is thus even more interesting to note in passing that one of the prophecies in Ezekiel, contained in chapters thirty-eight and thirty-nine, and addressed to Gog the "prince of Rosh" (Russia), states that the people of Gog, from "the land of Magog", will come from their place "in the far north, you and many nations with you" and invade "the mountains of Israel", spreading out "like a cloud that covers the land". Eventually there will be a mighty battle in which the hordes of Gog will be destroyed, and their remains either devoured by carrion or buried in "the Valley of Hamon Gog", near Hamonah.

aamirsaab
02-13-2007, 01:37 PM

search function is your friend

shible
02-13-2007, 01:41 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i'm too embarassed with my translation....
Perhaps the thread i posted would help you to explain the facts that u were trying to tell.....

Yajuj wa Ma'juj (Gog and Magog)

shible
02-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Assalamu alaikkum(warah)

thanks for the reminder bro

aamirsaab
02-13-2007, 01:46 PM
lol you posted a link to this thread in the thread I gave a link to in my previous posts.

We are going to go around in circles :p.

shible
02-13-2007, 01:50 PM
So shall i delete the link by editing it . Since i never saw a thread on this topic in a while.

Tell me Mod wat shall i do and i shall move accordingly

aamirsaab
02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible
So shall i delete the link by editing it . Since i never saw a thread on this topic in a while.

Tell me Mod wat shall i do and i shall move accordingly
You could delete the link but it won't matter much as this thread will probably get merged with the other one (I don't have power over this section, so cannot carry out the action)

Alternatively, you could just continue your posts on the other one (since both topics are the same) and this one will get deleted by another mod.

Isaac
02-13-2007, 02:02 PM
There is an excellent 2 part lecture by Sheikh Ahmad Ali on Gog and Magog. A very very interesting and well explained lecture.

The lecture can be downloaded from:

http://is.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFi...Name=Ahmed_Ali

Isaac
02-13-2007, 02:04 PM
There is an excellent 2 part lecture by Sheikh Ahmad Ali on Gog and Magog. A very very interesting and well explained lecture.

The lecture can be downloaded from:

http://is.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFi...me=Ahmed_Al i

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-19-2007, 01:21 AM

Very interesting quotes:

Ibn Jarir Tabari and Ibn Kathir have recorded the event, and Yaqut al-Hamawi has mentioned it in his Mujam-ul-Buldan that:
When after the conquest of Azerbaijan, Umar sent Suraqah bin `Amr, in 22 A.H. (643CE) on an expedition to Derbent, the latter appointed `Abdur Rahman bin Rabi`ah as the chief of his vanguard. When 'Abdur Rehman entered Armenia, the ruler Shehrbaz surrendered without fighting. Then when `Abdur Rehman wanted to advance towards Derbent, Shehrbaz informed him that he had already gathered full information about the wall built by Dhul-Qarnain, through a man, who could supply all the necessary details and then the man was actually presented before `Abdur Rehman.
(Tabari, Vol. III, pp. 235-239; Al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah, Vol. VII, pp. 122-125, and Mu'jam-ul-Buldan, under Bab-ul-Abwab: Derbent).

Two hundred years later, the Abbasid Caliph Al-Wathiq despatched a party of 50 men under Sallam-ul-Tarjuman to study the wall of Dhul-Qarnain, whose observations have been recorded in great detail by Yaqut al-Hamawi in Mu jam-ul-Buldan and by Ibn Kathir in Al-Bidayah. They write:
This expedition reached Samarrah from where they reached Tbilisi and then through As-Sarir and Al-Lan, they reached Filanshah, from where they entered the Caspian territory. From there they arrived at Derbent and saw the wall.
(Al-Bidayah Vol. II, p. 111, Vol. VII, pp. 122-125; Mu jam-ul-Buldan: under Bab-ul-Abwab)

Here is a picture of the wall at Derbent:

But at the same time let us remember that this is a matter of the Unseen where the complete knowledge of this is only with Allaah.

04-19-2007, 11:54 AM

There is an excellent book related to this topic: Jerusalem in the Quran

It can be downloaded from here in PDF format: http://www.imranhosein.org/content/view/37/

Read chapter 10 of Part One in particular called Gog and Magog in the Qur\'an and Hadith\'
(starts on page 75)

fiamanillah

Muslim Knight
04-19-2007, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Actually, the hadith says that they are decendants of Adaam (peace be upon him), not neccessarily inhabitants of the Earth. I think they are people who went through some sort of wormhole, how else are you supposed to trap 70 billion people in a remote area of central Asia?
They're essentially of human stock, but very bad one that has natural propensity for bloodshed and destruction.

70 billion is a lot, no, brother? Total number of people living on planet Earth is only around 6 billions.

Fishman
04-19-2007, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
They're essentially of human stock, but very bad one that has natural propensity for bloodshed and destruction.

70 billion is a lot, no, brother? Total number of people living on planet Earth is only around 6 billions.
The number of people who have ever lived on Earth is 60 billion or something, according to Bill Bryson.

Abdul-Raouf
09-04-2007, 07:32 AM
I think the wall is also invisible...u can find their location.. i have heard that the wall built by King Dhulqaurnain... is in Europe.. near the country Georgia.. near Turkey...

ONLY ALLAH'TALA KNOWS BEST....

syilla
09-04-2007, 07:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

maybe it is here?????
Maybe it is in caucasus mountains

The Caucasus Mountains are a mountain system in Eurasia between the Black and the Caspian sea in the Caucasus region.

The Caucasus Mountains are made up of two separate mountain systems:
the Greater Caucasus Mountain Range and
the Lesser Caucasus Mountains.

syilla
08-28-2009, 04:10 AM
*bump :)

IslamicRevival
08-28-2009, 04:24 AM
Yajooj Majooj (Gog and Mgog): They will emerge after all the Muslims go onto the Mount Toor. Their population will be very large. When they pass through Buhira Tibriya (which is a ten mile long river) the first jamaat that passes through will drink every drop of water in this river. When the second jamaat passes through, they will feel that there was never any water in the river before their arrival. They will kill and destroy everything that is in their path causing mayhem. After all the killings and massacres, they will say, 'we have killed those all those on earth. Now let us kill those in the sky'. They will launch their spears into the sky and through the Will of Allah, they spears will return to the ground covered in blood. On the mountain Hazrat Esa (alaihis salaam) and his followers would be facing very harsh conditions. There will be a scarcity of everything. The price of one head of a cow will be even more valuable than the value of one hundred Ashrafis (gold coins) today. Hazrat Esa (alaihis salaam) and his companions will make dua and Almighty Allah will create a worm in the necks of the Yajooj Majooj. All of them will die instantly. After their destruction, Hazrat Esa (alaihis salaam) will descend with his followers from the mountain. They will see that the entire earth is covered with the foul smelling remains of the Yajooj Majooj. Again Hazrat Esa (alaihis salaam) and his companions will make dua. Almighty Allah will send a bird, which will lift their remains and discard of them where Allah Wills. The Muslims will burn the spears, bows and arrows and quivers. These will burn continuously for seven years. After this, it will rain. The rain will cause the earth to be cleaned. The earth will be commanded to grow delicious fruit and vegetation. The skies and the earths will be commanded to unveil their bounties. The condition during this time will be so fulfilling, that one entire congregation will be able to eat one pomegranate (Anaar) and ten people will be able to sit under the shade of the pomegranate peel. There will be barkat in everything. One entire congregation will be able to drink milk from just one camel, one entire clan will be able to drink the milk from one cow and one entire family will be able to drink milk from one goat.

syilla
08-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Is it true...that it will take hundred years before the floods and rain that will clean up the earth?

IceQueen~
08-29-2009, 02:38 PM
I don't think so, just because there will be Muslims at mount Tur doesn't mean there won't be any anywhere else -in fact there's a hadeeth that says that people will carry on performing Hajj and Umrah even after they are out:

SAHIH BUKHARI:

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 663:

The Prophet said "The people will continue performing the Hajj and 'Umra to the Ka'ba even after the appearance of Gog and Magog."

source

Allah knows best.

IceQueen~
08-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Also according to Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki (Hereafter lectures) -after Prophet Jesus (pbuh) returns and Gog and Magog are destroyed Muslims will remain on the earth for 7 years (the 7 years of peace) after which the peaceful wind will come and take away the lives of anyone who has Iman in them and so only the worst of people will be left.

He said that the hadeeth that mentioned that Prophet Jesus (pbuh) will remain for 40 years on earth and the hadeeth about 7 years can be understood by the fact that his total stay on earth will be 40 years including his previous time on earth before he was raised, as he was 33 yrs old then and in the final era he will stay another 7 to complete the 40.

As for the hadeeth which mentions 19 yrs does anyone know the Arabic wording?

aaj
03-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Origin of Yajuj and Majuj (Gog and Magog)

According to ahadith, Gog and Magog are from among the children of Adam (alaihis salaam) and they will be numerous in number. Ibn Kathir states in his books that they are from among Prophet Nuh’s (alaihis salaam) offspring as Allah Almighty has mentioned in his glorious Quran:

“Then We saved him and those with him in the ship” (Al-‘Ankabut, 15),

“And, his progeny, them We made the survivors” (As-Saffat, 77).

According to these verses, the survivors of the flood were only the progeny of Prophet Nuh (alaihis salaam) and no one else. Accordingly, the Gog and Magog come from the same progeny. A Hadith transmitted in Imam Ahmed’s Musnad and the Sunan of Abu Dawud states that there were three sons born to Prophet Nuh: Shem, Ham and Japheth. Shem was the father of the Arabs; Ham was the father of the Sudanese; and Japheth was the father of the Turks. According to the descriptions narrated by ahadith, Gog and Magog belong to the Turkic Mongol race, have small eyes, small flat noses and wide faces. Their faces look like hammered-out shields (their faces are likened to shields because they are wide and round).

The Arrival of Yajuj and Majuj (Gog and Magog)

According to the Quran, they will be set loose shortly before the arrival of the Day of Judgment as Allah Almighty has mentioned:

“Until, when Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj are let loose (from their barrier), and they swiftly swarm from every mound. And the true promise (Day of Resurrection) shall draw near (to fulfillment)…” [Surah al-Anbiyaa:96-97]

The barrier separating Yajuj and Majuj from people

Allah Almighty clearly informed His Prophet (S.A.W.S) that Yajuj and Majuj will be from among the people of Hell and that their nature denies the truth and submission to it, as they will not respond to the caller till the Day of Judgment.

It is stated in the Holy Quran that Allah has held Yajuj and Majuj behind a barrier that was created with iron and copper by Dhoo’l-Qarnayn.

Allaah Almighty tells us (interpretation of the meaning): “Then he followed (another) way, until, when he reached between two mountains, he found, before (near) them (those two mountains), a people who scarcely understood a word. They said: ‘O Dhoo’l-Qarnayn! Verily! Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj are doing great mischief in the land. Shall we then pay you a tribute in order that you might erect a barrier between us and them?’ He said: ‘That (wealth, authority and power) in which my Lord has established me is better (than your tribute). So help me with strength (of men), I will erect between you and them a barrier. Give me pieces (blocks) or iron,’ then, when he had filled up the gap between the two mountain-cliffs, he said, ‘Blow,’ till when he had made it (red as) fire, he said, ‘Bring me molten copper to pour over it.’ So they [Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj] were made powerless to scale it or dig through it. (Dhoo’l-Qarnayn) said: ‘This is a mercy from my Lord, but when the Promise of my Lord comes, He shall level it down to the ground. And the Promise of my Lord is ever true.’ And on that Day [i.e., the day Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj will come out], We shall leave them to surge like waves on one another, and the Trumpet will be blown, and We shall collect them all together.” [Surah al-Kahf 18:92-99]

Imam Al-Bukhari transmitted in his Sahih the following Hadith: A man told the Prophet (S.A.W.S) that he had seen the dam of Gog and Magog. The Prophet (S.A.W.S) asked: “How did you find it?” The man said: “I found it like Al-Burd Al-Muhabbar (striped garments).” The Prophet (S.A.W.S) said: “You have seen it.”

In Ibn Jarir’s exegesis of the Qur’an, it was reported by Qatadah that when the man told the Prophet (S.A.W.S) that he had seen the dam of Gog and Magog and was asked to describe it, he said: ‘It looked like striped garments, with red and black stripes.’ The Prophet (S.A.W.S) said: “You have seen it.”

It is said that the Caliph, Al-Wathiq, sent some messengers with messages to different kings to ask them to travel from one country to another till they reached the dam and affirmed its reality. When they came back to the Caliph, they described it to him saying that it has a huge door with many locks. It was very high and the remnants of its building materials and tools were kept there in a tower. Also, there were still guards keeping an eye on it. They added that its location was on the north-east side of the earth. It was also said that their land was very spacious and that they lived on farming and hunting and that their numbers were countless.

A prophetic Hadith is transmitted by Imam Al- Bukhari and Imam Muslim on the authority of Mother of the Believers, Zainab Bint Jahsh (May Allah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (S.A.W.S) once came to her in a state of fear and said: “None has the right to be worshipped but Allah. Woe unto the Arabs from a danger that has come near. An opening has been made in the wall of Gog and Magog like this,” making a circle with his thumb and index finger. Zainab Bint Jahsh said: “O Allah’s Messenger! Shall we be destroyed even though there are pious persons among us?” He said: “Yes, when the evil persons will increase.” And in another narration the Prophet (S.A.W.S) said: “Allah has made an opening in the wall of the Gog and Magog (people) like this, and he made with his hand (with the help of his fingers)” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

This could be an indication of the opening of gates of evil and turmoil and the possibility of Gog and Magog invading with the permission of Allah Almighty.

Another Hadith is narrated by Imam Ahmed in his Musnad that the Prophet (S.A.W.S) said: “Verily, Gog and Magog dig through the dam every day, till they could see the sun rays (through it), and their leader would say: ‘Go back and you will finish it tomorrow.’ On the next day, they find it as strong as before. Till when their appointed term comes and Allah desires to send them against mankind, they dig it till they could see the sun rays (through it) and their leader says: ‘Go back and you will finish it tomorrow, if Allah wills!’ On the next day, they find it as they had left the day before and they dig through it and come against mankind. They will drink (every drop of water they pass by). The people will resort to strongholds. And, Gog and Magog will throw their arrows towards the sky. When they come back to them stained with what looks like blood, they will say: ‘We have defeated the people on earth and those in the heaven as well.’ Then, Allah the Almighty will send against them worms in their necks that will kill them all. Allah’s Messenger (S.A.W.S) said: “By Him in Whose Hand Muhammed’s soul rests! Living creatures of the earth would go fat and be thankful due to eating their flesh and (drinking their) blood.” (Also transmitted by Imam Ahmed on the authority of Hasan Ibn Musa after Sufyan after Qatadah and by At-Tirmidhi on the authority of Abu, Awanah after Qatadah.)

Destruction and death of Yajuj and Majuj by Eesa (Jesus)

After Prophet Jesus (Eesa) (P.B.U.H) will kill the Dajjal (Anti-Christ), Allah will inform him about the arrival of this disbelieving tribe that is undefeated and he will take refuge in the Mount of Toor until Allah will destroy them.

Al-Nawaas ibn Sam’aan (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), wile describing the signs of the Day of judgement said: “… and Allah will send Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj, swiftly swarming from every mound. They will pass the lake of Tiberias [in Palestine] and will drink everything that is in it. Then the last of them will pass by and will say, ‘There used to be water here once.’ The Prophet of Allah, Eesaa (Jesus), and his companions, will be besieged until a bull’s head will be more precious to one of them than a hundred dinars are to any of you today. Eesaa (Jesus) and his companions will pray to Allah, and Allah will send a kind of worm (like that found in the noses of camels and sheep) on their (Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj) necks, and they will fall down dead, all at once. Then Eesaa (Jesus) and his companions will come down out of the place where they were besieged, and they will find hardly a hand span of land that is not filled with the stench (of Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj), so Eesaa (Jesus) and his companions will pray to Allah, and He will send birds like the necks of camels to carry them away and throw them wherever Allah wills.” (Reported by Muslim, 18/68).

http://www.iqrasense.com/death-and-a...and-magog.html

aaj
03-10-2017, 10:36 PM

“Until, when Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj are let loose (from their barrier), and they swiftly swarm from every mound. And the true promise (Day of Resurrection) shall draw near (to fulfillment)…”
[Surah al-Anbiyaa:96-97]

For those who are in doubt, the tafsir of the above verse is listed below and it clearly states that these people will be released AFTER the coming of the Dajjal.

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...2700&Itemid=73

aaj
03-18-2017, 05:24 PM
The Story of Gog and Magog (Ya'juj And Ma'juj)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.