/* */

PDA

View Full Version : UK Faiths Unite in Gay Law Protest

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-04-2007, 09:38 PM
UK Faiths Unite in Gay Law Protest

CAIRO — Prominent British Muslims and Jews have united with Christians in protesting new regulations that would force believers to "support" homosexuality against their religions, Britain's Daily Mail reported on Thursday, January 4.

"It is against our religious rights and against our human rights and against our conscience and religious beliefs to have this new unjust law forced on all of us British Muslims," said Dr. Majid Katme, spokesman of the Islamic Medical Association.

He urged fellow Muslims to join a rally scheduled in Westminster next Wednesday to protest the Sexual Orientation Regulations, due to come into force in April.

"Join our Christian friends in their campaign against the new proposed law on sexual orientation," Katme wrote in a letter circulated to several hundred supporters and 40 imams.

The regulations are expected to have an impact on every aspect of life for religious believers.

Hoteliers will be compelled to rent rooms to gay couples while printers will be unable to refuse to print homosexual magazines or advertisements.

Christian campaigners fear churches which refuse to let out parish halls or conference centers to gay groups would face legal action, as could schools which fail to teach that homosexuality is equal to marriage.

The Church of England is concerned that priests could be sued if they refuse to bless same-sex civil partnerships under the new regulations.

The controversial regulations would be debated in the House of Lords on Tuesday.

The regulations were to be made law in October 2006, but were put off due to strong lobbying from the churches.

The final version, which the government has produced supposedly to meet the demands of the European Union, has yet to be published.

Support Homos

And for the first time the Board of Deputies of British Jews voiced concern over the legislation.

"It must be possible for people to live their lives in the manner in which they choose as long as it does not impinge upon the rights of others," said Nadia Lipsey, the board's spokesperson.

"We hope that to this effect the regulations will be framed in such a way that allows for both the effective combating of discrimination in the provision of goods and services whilst respecting freedom of conscience and conviction."

Katme, a prominent figure in campaigns against abortion and the decline of traditional family life, warned in his letter that the new bill could seriously curtail the freedom of Muslims to live according to their religion.

He said the new rules require "Muslims and Christian believers legally to accept and appoint homosexuals or anyone with any sexual deviation in our Muslim institutions and centers, mosques, schools, clubs, companies, hotels, business, shops etc."

Britain is home to a sizable Muslim minority of nearly 1.8 million.

Islam considers homosexuality to be clearly sinful.

Islam teaches that believers should neither do the obscene acts, nor in any way indulge in their propagation.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...News/NWELayout

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rav
01-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Nice article, thanks for sharing.

FBI
01-04-2007, 10:43 PM
:sl:

Finnaly some common grounds, no to homo.

rav
01-04-2007, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

lol, 'no to homo'...:thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Akil
01-04-2007, 11:16 PM
No one should have the right to discriminate against someone else, not in a democracy. Not on the basis of skin color, ethnicity or country of origin, not on the basis of socio-economic status, not on the basis of religion, not on the basis of sexual orientation.

If you believe homosexuality is wrong, don’t be homosexual.

FBI
01-04-2007, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akil
No one should have the right to discriminate against someone else, not in a democracy. Not on the basis of skin color, ethnicity or country of origin, not on the basis of socio-economic status, not on the basis of religion, not on the basis of sexual orientation.

I don't care what people do in the privercy of their bedrooms it's their business, but when they openly display it in public and when they bring innocent young children into this I have a problem.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-05-2007, 12:15 AM
This article isnt about discriminating against homosexuals, its about regulations that would force believers to "support" homosexuality against their religions. They can do whatever they want, as long as it doesnt interfere with our religious practices. No one should have too support anything that is against their faith.

Umar001
01-05-2007, 12:38 AM
I hope that British Christians end up realising that their country is losing faith, British Muslims end up realising that they need to move out, if they don't want cute Jamil to propose to Amir and Jews, well, I thought they'd be cool with it.

AvarAllahNoor
01-05-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm tolerant but that's part of my faith.

Akil
01-05-2007, 01:11 AM
No one should have too support anything that is against their faith.
Then what ? Can a WARskin (White Aryan Resistance) refuse service to a black family because that is against their faith ?

Unless they are fornicating in the streets or in your living room they are not shoving their way of life on you or your children. However to be refused service on the basis of their sexual orientation or life choices creates a second class of citizens, which is incompatible with democracy.

Now I have seen some US legalization where the idea that homosexuality is right and normal will be introduced into schools. This is also wrong. The government has no place making moral decisions. Those decisions are best left to parents.

FBI
01-05-2007, 01:13 AM

What I'm against the must is Gays who say they have a right to adopt, they throw that right out when they decided to play for the wrong team.

AvarAllahNoor
01-05-2007, 01:33 AM

What I'm against the must is Gays who say they have a right to adopt, they throw that right out when they decided to play for the wrong team.
They don't choose this way of life. I'm sure if you realise what they go through (mainly all the comments and ridicule your spewing) You'll see it's not the ideal choice to make!

FBI
01-05-2007, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
They don't choose this way of life. I'm sure if you realise what they go through (mainly all the comments and ridicule your spewing) You'll see it's not the ideal choice to make!
Come of it, They are tempted by the devil they give in simple as, u say u believe in allah u think allah would make such filth.

AvarAllahNoor
01-05-2007, 01:38 AM
Come of it, They are tempted by the devil they give in simple as, u say u believe in Allah u think allah would make such filth.
Well that's between Allah and the individual. Not society and the individual.

sudais1
01-05-2007, 02:21 AM
i hate gay people! :mad:

rav
01-05-2007, 02:57 AM
Come of it, They are tempted by the devil they give in simple as, u say u believe in allah u think allah would make such filth.
Does he not "will" it? :rollseyes Doesn't he "will" everything?

Keltoi
01-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Some of the comments on this thread remind me of why I never want to live in a theocracy. As a Christian I believe that homosexuality is sinful, but I also do not believe I can pass judgement upon them. That isn't my job, my job is only to praise God and trust in His judgment.

As for legislation intended to force people of religious conviction to accept alternative lifestyles they find offensive, that is the opposite side of the coin and should also be deplored.

AvarAllahNoor
01-05-2007, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rav
Does he not "will" it? :rollseyes Doesn't he "will" everything?
He only wills it if it suits the person, not otherwise....:rollseyes

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-05-2007, 04:53 AM
Then what ? Can a WARskin (White Aryan Resistance) refuse service to a black family because that is against their faith ?

Unless they are fornicating in the streets or in your living room they are not shoving their way of life on you or your children. However to be refused service on the basis of their sexual orientation or life choices creates a second class of citizens, which is incompatible with democracy.

Now I have seen some US legalization where the idea that homosexuality is right and normal will be introduced into schools. This is also wrong. The government has no place making moral decisions. Those decisions are best left to parents.

Im not even gunna bother to answer u cuz it has nothing to do with my post. I dunno why people love to twist. dont do it, its quite annoying. Unlike some of u guys, im talking about the article and its about laws making people do what is against their faith. like i said, i dont care what they do, as long as it doesnt interfere with my practices.

-----------

Its a crime to hate homosexuals and say stuff but its not a crime to hate a faith because of a few and its ok to spew crap about em. so hypocritical.

*charisma*
01-05-2007, 05:10 AM
Are you saying that gays don't choose to be gay?

I can tell you many do choose to be gay and for those that claim they didn't, then its a psychological defect in their bodies. They should practice their right to be treated, not have a law forced upon those who are normal support their sexual impairments.

If someone was mentally disabled, you'd want to help cure them not support them in influencing the rest of the world to allow them to continue their insanity when they can better it.

As a Muslim, I in no way support homosexuality because those who are homosexuals are choosing to live purely for their seflish desires not for the sake of Allah (especially when they are very open with it). Those who are striving to stray away from this sin, wouldn't be detected as being homosexual because they'd have at least some shame as to not advertise it for the world claiming they just want to be "accepted into society" as such.

KAding
01-05-2007, 12:56 PM

Well, I agree that the state shouldn't be allowed to discriminate. But I think private citizens and, yes, shop keepers should be allowed to decide who they, say, rent their house to or what magazines to have on their shelves. I must say I am very wary of this anti-discrimination legislation which is becoming so popular in much of Europe. In fact, I think it runs contrary to what liberalism and thus modern democracy is supposed to stand for: personal choice. We should not be forced to explain our actions to the government all the time.

sameer
01-05-2007, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Well, I agree that the state shouldn't be allowed to discriminate. But I think private citizens and, yes, shop keepers should be allowed to decide who they, say, rent their house to or what magazines to have on their shelves. I must say I am very wary of this anti-discrimination legislation which is becoming so popular in much of Europe. In fact, I think it runs contrary to what liberalism and thus modern democracy is supposed to stand for: personal choice. We should not be forced to explain our actions to the government all the time.
agreed

rav
01-05-2007, 03:47 PM
He only wills it if it suits the person, not otherwise....:rollseyes
I love the amazing number of responses my post got. Since G-d wills everything, does he not will for people to be born homosexual? Simple question.

anis_z24
01-05-2007, 03:51 PM
AA
Well there punishments thats for sure.

This is good news that other religions are taking it on(against gay)
but as Muslims I absolutly dont think that we should count on it.

sameer
01-05-2007, 04:05 PM
I love the amazing number of responses my post got. Since G-d wills everything, does he not will for people to be born homosexual? Simple question.
they make that choice..they are not born homosexual.
Non of us knows His will before it happens...where have to do our best to act in accordance with the things He wants us to do. If u choose to do wrong,then u have made that choice....u had the opportunity to choose right.

Nothing happens but by the will of Allah....so if u choose wrong and did wrong then....yes it was already destined for u....but at the same time...u made that choice.. but then again -remember...u dont know his will...of if it is a test that He is putting u through...so u dont know if it was destined for u to keep fighting ure desries and remain on the straight path.

its like willingly walking out in front of a speeding bus and saying if God wills me to not get injured then i wont....but at the same time....it could be in his will that u use your intelligence and not walk out in front of the bus in the first place - u just dont know...so u do whats right.

hope that clear up question...and i hope it didnt confuse u more.

rav
01-05-2007, 04:10 PM
they make that choice..they are not born homosexual.
Many would disagree with you. Why on earth would anyone chose to like their own gender which if they are not born that way, are not inclined to be attracted to their own gender. Why would someone choose to be one of the most discriminated and hated groups on earth?

yes it was already destined for u....but at the same time...u made that choice..
Okay, so then you believe it was G-d's will for their to be gays.

Remember I am just playing devils advocate

sameer
01-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Many would disagree with you. Why on earth would anyone chose to like their own gender which if they are not born that way, are not inclined to be attracted to their own gender. Why would someone choose to be one of the most discriminated and hated groups on earth?

Okay, so then you believe it was G-d's will for their to be gays.

Remember I am just playing devils advocate
no i believe that they made that choice since and since they chose that way...then God wont stop them...its up to them to correct themselves.
Only good comes from God and any bad comes from man themselves.
They still had the choice to do whats right.

Do u know for sure what God has willed to happen to you in the next minute?

rav
01-05-2007, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
no i believe that they made that choice since and since they chose that way...then God wont stop them...its up to them to correct themselves.
Only good comes from God and any bad comes from man themselves.
They still had the choice to do whats right.

Do u know for sure what God has willed to happen to you in the next minute?
Fair enough, and was that a rhetorical question?

chacha_jalebi
01-05-2007, 04:37 PM
i dont have a problemo with gays as long as they dont come in the open :p but when they do then it kind of bothers me ...

i think that most gays are like social rejects, i.e - look @ all the gay celebs, they not famous, so they decide to turn gay:p and sumhow that is meant to make them famous! but anyway,

i do believe that gaylords :D need to be, like talked to, and thats the only way to cure them, like do manly thins with them, like play footy, do a bit of boxin and take em to the gym .... actually noy gym, they mite get excited:X

basically its disturbin, when gays come out and wana be normal, like have rights and stuff, because bein gay isnt normal so how can you have normal rights? its jus not normal man, its adam and eve not adam and steve

oh btw im not homophobic :D:p

rav
01-05-2007, 05:10 PM
i dont have a problemo with gays as long as they dont come in the open :p but when they do then it kind of bothers me ...
Sounds like the ultra right wing nationalist party that says "I have no problem with hijabs or islam, as long as they don't do it in public or shove it in my face"...

But I am sure you will have a loaded response to that comparison I just gave you. I look foward to it.

chacha_jalebi
01-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Sounds like the ultra right wing nationalist party that says "I have no problem with hijabs or islam, as long as they don't do it in public or shove it in my face"...

But I am sure you will have a loaded response to that comparison I just gave you. I look foward to it.
no i dont hav a response, im jus tinkin why you defendin gays so much?:D is there somethin you wana share:p

lol na i dnt realy care, wot dey do in their privacy, but to bring it out in the open is a no no 4me :D

sameer
01-05-2007, 05:47 PM
there must be a limit to everything....
if a new group comes allong saying that they wanna "have" animals instead of humans.......how would u reply or feel to see a man on the street kissing a goat, because they can claim that they should have the right to do that publicly.

If u own a magazine...would u advertise antisemitic things in it? dont the ppl who are antisemitic have a "right" to be heard also?
I guess that u wont do that.....but then there comes a law saying that u have to do it......what position would that leave u in? then u right of freedom to run ure magazine would have been taken away from u.

rav
01-05-2007, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
no i dont hav a response, im jus tinkin why you defendin gays so much?:D is there somethin you wana share:p

lol na i dnt realy care, wot dey do in their privacy, but to bring it out in the open is a no no 4me :D
Actually, I do have something to share. I am very bored and am amused at playing devils advocate.

chacha_jalebi
01-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Actually, I do have something to share. I am very bored and am amused at playing devils advocate.

amused @ playing devils advocate .... erm how very nice :D

are you share you dont wanna share anythin else :-[ :-[ we are all very open minded people here :D:D

rav
01-05-2007, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
amused @ playing devils advocate .... erm how very nice :D

are you share you dont wanna share anythin else :-[ :-[ we are all very open minded people here :D:D
Don't worry, I have nothing else to share. My religion is against homosexuality, probably way before Islam and Christianity (at the time when the Arab pagans were running around making a disgrace of themselves, before monotheism finally got them)

"And a man who lies with a male as one would with a woman both of them have committed an abomination.."
(Leviticus 20:13)

But I can see you are all very open minded here, and these posts prove it :exhausted :X :rollseyes :

format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
i hate gay people! :mad:

chacha_jalebi
01-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Don't worry, I have nothing else to share. My religion is against homosexuality, probably way before Islam and Christianity (at the time when the Arab pagans were running around making a disgrace of themselves, before monotheism finally got them)

But I can see you are all very open minded here, and these posts prove it :exhausted :X :rollseyes :
i hope the people who posted, them awful thins :p have not put you off about comin out in the open, :D lol na me messin :D but just be yourself k, :p we will still love you in a brotherly way :D

i just think, because its againist the religion people postin thins like i hate gays and stuff, i think most people would tolerate them as long as they not in your face and wavin their hands about :D

Akil
01-05-2007, 11:03 PM
FBI
Once we let the government make one moral decision, we give them the authority to make all our moral decisions and trust me, after homosexuality and abortion, the American Muslim community will be targeted by conservative America. Once we let one freedom slip by, then we lose it all.

sudais1
i hate gay people!
Hate is a strong word and its one that leads to violence and then death which results in loss which causes hate. It a chain of destructiveness that humanity has been caught it since its inception.

Keltoi
01-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Once we let the government make one moral decision, we give them the authority to make all our moral decisions and trust me, after homosexuality and abortion, the American Muslim community will be targeted by conservative America. Once we let one freedom slip by, then we lose it all.

Hate is a strong word and its one that leads to violence and then death which results in loss which causes hate. It a chain of destructiveness that humanity has been caught it since its inception.
The Muslim community will be targeted by "conservative America"? What evidence do you have for this ridiculous statement?

Akil
01-05-2007, 11:53 PM
What evidence do you have for this ridiculous statement?
That there is a conservative anti-Muslim agenda ? You doubt this ?

Note; that I mean the ultra religious right not the entire party (I am a registered Republican)
Note also; by targeted I mean legally and politically not physicaly.

Pygoscelis
01-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Well so long as you'll agree that one doesnt have to rent rooms to Muslims (because they don't want to support the muslim lifestyle), or print Muslim magazines, I'll agree that one doesn't have to rent rooms to homosexuals (because they don't want to support the homosexual lifestyle) or print homosexual magazines. The coin flips both ways.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-06-2007, 12:41 AM
^^ that is true BUT not all situations fit the same....i could go into but itll get too long....and off topic.

mujahida3001
01-06-2007, 12:52 AM
The Qur'an states:

"And his people came rushing towards him, and they had been long in the habit of practising abominations. He said: "O my people! Here are my daughters: they ore purer for you (if you marry)! Now fear Allah, and cover me not with shame about my guests! Is there not among you a right-handed man?"

Man's gratification of his sexual appetite with another man has a long history of its own. The Qur'an bears testimony t the fact that the people of the prophet Lut (Alayhis salaam), the nephew of Ibriham (Alayhis salaam), sent as a warning to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah, were those who initiated this heinous practice. Before them it was unknown. In this connection the Qur'an mentions:

"We also sent Lut. He said to his people, 'Do you commit indecency such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For you practise your lusts on men in preference to women; you are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds."

Finally, the wrath of Almighty descended upon them, their cities were turned upside down and showers of stone rained on them. Regarding this the Qur'aan mentions:

"Then when Our decree came to pass. We turned the cities upside down, and We rained thereon stones of baked clay, piled up."

AvarAllahNoor
01-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Christianity has its basis on the four gospels of Jesus teachings - not once in those four books does Jesus say anything about homosexuality being wrong or against nature.

Anyone going to the protest today?

FBI
01-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Christianity has its basis on the four gospels of Jesus teachings - not once in those four books does Jesus say anything about homosexuality being wrong or against nature.

Anyone going to the protest today?

Just of intrest what does your religion say about homo's

AvarAllahNoor
01-09-2007, 03:53 PM

Just of intrest what does your religion say about homo's
Well, you don't get condemed to the pits of hell and all that malarky. - It's the actions towards your fellow human being and the repetition of the name of God that counts in Sikhism, not the sexuality, gender or colour.

Although it's not frowned upon, neither is it condoned.

strider
01-09-2007, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Well so long as you'll agree that one doesnt have to rent rooms to Muslims (because they don't want to support the muslim lifestyle), or print Muslim magazines, I'll agree that one doesn't have to rent rooms to homosexuals (because they don't want to support the homosexual lifestyle) or print homosexual magazines. The coin flips both ways.
Sure, why not. Sounds fair enough to me.

limitless
01-09-2007, 07:08 PM

I am not sure of you guys aware of this, but in Canada a couple lesbians just got a child and received legal status of the child. The boy has three legal parents, a father and two mothers (lesbians of course). The appeal rejected that, but the higher court overruled their decesion because it does not fall under their jurisdiction. Many people in Canada protested against it, but the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom guarantees their rights and not to deprive of it. This is also, in Human Rights Act for provincial governments. :( Children here are going to end up being homosexual faster than anywhere else in the world. Also, a pakistani refugee, Shaifq Mawtij is a homosexual who finds 519 support group for homosexual, bisexual, and transgendered oriented home. He is proud to be gay (a Muslim man).

:w:

Akil
01-16-2007, 05:49 AM
Firstly, if you believe homosexuality doesn’t have a long history in Arabic and Muslim countries from the middle ages to the present than you are fooling yourself.

Secondly, the bottom line is that you cannot discriminate against anyone on the basis of morals in a democracy. Not for race or ethnic origins, not for religion and not for sexual orientation.

wilberhum
01-16-2007, 06:00 AM
Firstly, if you believe homosexuality doesn’t have a long history in Arabic and Muslim countries from the middle ages to the present than you are fooling yourself.

Secondly, the bottom line is that you cannot discriminate against anyone on the basis of morals in a democracy. Not for race or ethnic origins, not for religion and not for sexual orientation.
It seams that only those without strong religious ties don't find it necessary to hate in the name of god.

Akil
01-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Religion, Islam in particular is good and positive, until it is usurped by dictators, tyrants, so called teachers and so called scholars who utilize Islam and other religions as a means of control over the masses.

Divide and dominate, give the masses a focal point for their hate, and they will be too busy hating to realize that they are being controlled.

Malaikah
01-16-2007, 10:27 AM
^Something I mentioned in another thread:

Homosexuality is a crime in Islam, just like tradition crimes are a crime because they effect other people, so to does homosexuality (by spreading corruption and immorality in the land/society)... and again before you say that it is none of our business what people do in their own privacy, that is true, it is between them and God... but when they make it public, it isn't between them and God anymore, because the public have become aware of it and are influenced by it.
Now I understand that we do not live under Islamic rule and that we have to follow the law of the country we live in. Fair enough, but there isn't a law, as far as I know, that says we have to have to agree with any certain laws or like them. And as Muslims we will never agree with or like the concept of people practicing homosexuality.

Muezzin
01-16-2007, 11:09 AM
What exactly do the new laws require? If it's allowing homosexuals to have hotel rooms, or to publish homosexual literature, I really don't see a problem with that in a secular country. Business is business.

On the other hand, if, as is claimed by one person in the article, it requires for example faith schools to actively seek out and employ homosexuals, this is problematic as it is positive discrimination.

Akil
01-16-2007, 09:43 PM
And as Muslims we will never agree with or like the concept of people practicing homosexuality.
And no democracy should ever ask you to compromise your morals. But I have seen genuine hatred toward those who practice a homosexual lifestyle. I have read nothing about nabi Mohammad (peace and blessings be upon him) in various biographies or in hadith that would make me believe that he would condone hate for any reason. I may be wrong and please do correct me if I am, but in what I read he refused to hate even those who persecuted him, even those who were his enemy in battle.

In my opinion you should treat homosexuals the same way you treat anyone who is a sinner according to Islam. Also remember that their religion is not your religion, your religion is not their religion, your religion will probably not become their religion and their religion will not become your religion . . . . or something like that :)

Hate is never good, hate is never right, hate is never positive and never has a positive outcome. That is in fact why I am here.

On the other hand, if, as is claimed by one person in the article, it requires for example faith schools to actively seek out and employ homosexuals, this is problematic as it is positive discrimination.
Racial quotas and similar things are incompatible with democracy and I would agree with you that if this is the case, this is wrong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.