/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women talk more than men: official

Abu Zakariya
01-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Women talk more than men: official

A "self-proclaimed feminist" psychiatrist has finally thrown in the towel and admitted her fellow females do indeed talk more than men, The Daily Mirror reports.

Dr Luan Brizendine of the University of California, who's published her shock findings in The Female Brain, says the average woman works her way through 20,000 words per day, compared with just 7,000 for the average bloke. She says "women devote more brain cells to talking than men", and cites fundamental differences between male and female brains as the cause.

Brizendine - whose findings are based on her own clinical work and the findings of more than 1,000 studies - reluctantly admitted: "I know it is not politically correct to say this but I've been torn for years between my politics and what science is telling us. I believe women actually perceive the world differently from men.

"Girls arrive already wired as girls, and boys arrive already wired as boys. Their brains are different by the time they're born, and their brains are what drive their impulses, values, and their very reality."

Indeed, Brizendine says said differences "can be traced back to the womb, where the sex hormone testosterone moulds the developing male brain".

Specifically, "the areas responsible for communication, emotion and memory are all pared back the unborn baby boy".

Accordingly, males "chat less than their female counterparts and struggle to express their emotions to the same extent" - which is hardly news to long-suffering females.

Brizendine elaborated: "Women have an eight-lane superhighway for processing emotion, while men have a small country road."

And when they're not cruising their eight-lane superhighway of emotion, women are getting a quick fix of verbals because "the simple act of talking triggers a flood of brain chemicals which give women a rush similar to that felt by heroin addicts when they get a high".

Men, on the other hand, beat women hands-down in one area: contemplating rumpy-pumpy. Brizendine noted "that while a man will think about sex every 52 seconds, the subject tends to cross women's minds just once a day".

To put that in perspective, "men have an international airport for dealing with thoughts about sex, where women have an airfield nearby that lands small and private planes", as the good doctor put it.

Some scientists reckon, however, that Brizendine's conclusions have driven her down a promising-looking dual carriageway only to end at a collapsed bridge of scientific proof. Oxford University linguistics professor Deborah Cameron insisted "the amount we talk is influenced by who we are with and what we are doing".

She concluded: "If you aggregate a large number of studies you will find there is little difference between the amount men and women talk."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11...hat_addiction/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-05-2007, 10:16 PM
lol even i could tell u that....no need for official articles ;D

Sabbir_1
01-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Thats true, i think even women know that they talk more than men...

BlissfullyJaded
01-05-2007, 10:21 PM
:sl:

Of course a lot of the time we spend repeating things, because the men didn't pay attention the first time around. That said, I don't talk a lot.

I know of a lot of men who talk a looottt. If their wives talk more than them, that just proves how talkative women can be. :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-05-2007, 10:23 PM
^^lol i agree sis! ill say something and the next person wont listen, then i gotta repeat myself. then when i do they say i talk too much. AH, why ask me...lol

Sabbir_1
01-05-2007, 10:25 PM
''I know of a lot of men who talk a looottt''

men pick it up from there wives. thats why u have some men that talk alot too.

''Of course a lot of the time we spend repeating things, because the men didn't pay attention the first time around''

If u said it slowly, and not 100mph then phahaps u wouldnt have to repeat it again.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-05-2007, 10:27 PM
^^too bad some guys have a slow brain and reaction time...;D thats why it seems like 100 miles per hour...lol

Sabbir_1
01-05-2007, 10:33 PM
well u dont need to shout too... We become deaf.. no wonder most men having hearing problems...

Al_Imaan
01-05-2007, 10:34 PM
khalil27
''I know of a lot of men who talk a looottt''
men pick it up from there wives. thats why u have some men that talk alot too.
That may or may not be true.

Tayyaba
lol even i could tell u that....no need for official articles
I agree with sister Tayyaba.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-05-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
well u dont need to shout too... We become deaf.. no wonder most men having hearing problems...
lol, unfortunately guys have the big ego, they wana be heard instead of hearing...:) and i say it from expererience. what makes u think guys dont talk loud? so hypocritical lol.

FollowingAlhuda
01-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Just see the reactions, most ofthe posters are woman

netprince
01-05-2007, 10:58 PM
If speech be silver

Silence be gold

:X ssshhhhhhhh

FollowingAlhuda
01-05-2007, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by netprince
If speech be silver

Silence be gold

+o( can't breath

BlissfullyJaded
01-05-2007, 11:01 PM

Silence is golden...too much of it can be overwhelming. My brother said that btw, shocking coming from a guy, ey?

netprince
01-05-2007, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FollowingAlhuda
+o( can't breath
:rollseyes

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Just look at the diffrence between threads made in the sisters section and brothers section :X

BlissfullyJaded
01-05-2007, 11:06 PM

Look at the top 5 posters, only one is female. :X

Wait, what does it matter if we talk more? Imagine how boring it would get if we're silent all the time. We should just aim to talk what is good, and abstain from evil.

netprince
01-05-2007, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Silence is golden...too much of it can be overwhelming. My brother said that btw, shocking coming from a guy, ey?
Not when people find peace within themselves. I dont know if you ever met any good knowledgeable people, but i've met a few and 'off-stage' they are always very quiet. Its amazing how they can convey so much by saying so little.

FollowingAlhuda
01-05-2007, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Just look at the diffrence between threads made in the sisters section and brothers section :X

:nervous:

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Women :p

A male, zAk, has the highest post count...heck, the top three posters are all males :X

sooo what where we saying????

netprince
01-05-2007, 11:26 PM
sooo what where we saying????
Im sure one of you sisters will soon tell us what we are saying :hiding:

FollowingAlhuda
01-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Im sure one of you sisters will soon tell us what we are saying :hiding:
Shut me up:raging:

:happy:

Sabbir_1
01-05-2007, 11:32 PM
''just look at the diffrence between threads made in the sisters section and brothers section''

Sisters: 1,201 threads

Brothers: 307 threads

lol, yh women have loads more issues..

''A male, zAk, has the highest post count...heck, the top three posters are all males''

this is writing, the bro's posting lots of threads dont mean he talks a lot... probably means he writes a lot.. women cant sop talking.. they talk 24-7... I have to live with it.. i know.. i get headaches just listening to it.. dont u women hav anyhthing else to do aprt from talking.. why dont u do more zikr and less talking not all but the ones that talk alot..

''sooo what where we saying????''

women talk more than men,

FollowingAlhuda
01-05-2007, 11:36 PM
''just look at the diffrence between threads made in the sisters section and brothers section''

''A male, zAk, has the highest post count...heck, the top three posters are all males''

this is writing, the bro's posting lots of threads dont mean he talks a lot... probably means he writes a lot.. women cant sop talking.. they talk 24-7... I have to live with it.. i know.. i get headaches just listening to it.. dont u women hav anyhthing else to do aprt from talking.. why dont u do more zikr and less talking not all but the ones that talk alot..

Nobody forces you to listen to it!
And another thing we do dhikr but quietly. Soooo

But just to be honest ... woman do talk very much!

netprince
01-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Shut me up:raging:

:happy:
:ooh:

hhhhmmmmmmm

:giggling:

Er......a bit harsh......

....you need to develop your selective hearing, works wonders

Sabbir_1
01-05-2007, 11:42 PM
''Nobody forces you to listen to it!''

well..its sometimes tempting to see what the coversation is about if im bored.. or nothing to listen to.

''And another thing we do dhikr but quietly''

mashallah, i said not all women, the ones that talk alot, so im guessingu one of dem.

''Er......a bit harsh......''

soz

FollowingAlhuda
01-05-2007, 11:46 PM
''Nobody forces you to listen to it!''

well..its sometimes tempting to see what the coversation is about if im bored.. or nothing to listen to.

''And another thing we do dhikr but quietly''

mashallah, i said not all women, the ones that talk alot, so im guessingu one of dem.

''Er......a bit harsh......''

soz

OKE:D

btw... whats soz

Sabbir_1
01-05-2007, 11:49 PM
soz = sorry...

whats rep..??

FollowingAlhuda
01-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Reputation point

deen_2007
01-06-2007, 01:37 AM
do we talk a lot? ...parhaps......o ye...dats y women r more brainy den men.....academically....

*charisma*
01-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Presented Evidence

Fact: The sisters' section was created approximately 5 months prior the brother's section, it also included both nonMuslims and Muslims on top of that we have a sub-section now for both nonMuslim women and Muslimahs as the Nonmuslim women are restricted into the main sisters' section.

Personally, I don't count typing/writing as a form of "talking", but moreso a form of communication.

I'm more of a writer than a talker alhemdulilah, and generally females do talk a lot more than males. I'll tell you why. Girls don't think before they speak. They speak as they think or speak and then think. Guys tend to think and not respond or take a long time responding and when they do respond its something very short and straight to the point.

Take arguments for example. I usually see women bringing up something that happened 3645 yrs ago even if they have forgiven and forgotten, its supposed to add depth to the argument or whatever...I dunno..

If some girls would shut up, they'd see their personality flaws and they wouldn't be complaining about why they aren't getting married lol

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Woodrow
01-06-2007, 01:58 AM
I will not say woman talk a lot.

I will only say it typicaly takes a woman 30 minutes, to discover she dialed the wrong number on the phone.

Sabbir_1
01-06-2007, 02:07 AM
''dont want to get your nafs being fed too much now do we''

jazakallah for the reminder bro..no..!

''o ye...dats y women r more brainy den men.....academically....''

true, guess thats the advantage of being talkative.. but i hate people who talk a lot.. dont they get tired?.... they just gotta say something everytime. small or big..

''if some girls shut up, they'd see their personality flaws and they wouldn't be complaining about why they aren't getting married lol''

. good point.. the only sis so far thats said something wright.. yeh i agree wid u on that.. its not the appearance most brothers are looking for when they wanna get married its the personality.. and if u haven an ugly personality but a attractive face you will be turned down..wouldnt wanna spen my life with someone who has an ugly personality...

habiibti
01-06-2007, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

I will only say it typicaly takes a woman 30 minutes, to discover she dialed the wrong number on the phone.
That is really mean.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-06-2007, 03:26 AM
^^Lol, i agree wit ya sis charisma :)

lolwatever
01-06-2007, 03:33 AM
They coulda saved emselves the research costs, just compare the bro sec:sis sec post counts :p

*tht might change due to something evil planned :hiding:*

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-06-2007, 03:34 AM
^^lolllll. trueee :D well some1 would have to tell em about the forum first :p

classicalislam
01-06-2007, 03:36 AM
Women talk more and men talk less sense

+------------------------------------+
|
|www.Classicalislam.com
|Graduate of Darul-Uloom London, UK

lolwatever
01-06-2007, 03:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by classicalislam
Women talk more and men talk less sense

|
|www.Classicalislam.com
lol no need 2 suckup to em :p

im sure dere's ppl who talk nonsense from both sides... n the nonsense said is proportional to the amount of talkn :p

JOOOOKINGGG!! i'm not asking for a fight here :lol:

classicalislam
01-06-2007, 03:43 AM
The prophet peace be up on him said: man-samata najah – meaning, who is silent succeeds i.e. silence is gold.

+------------------------------------------+
|(Islamic Scholar)
|www.Classicalislam.com
+------------------------------------------+

lolwatever
01-06-2007, 03:51 AM
^ so ur sayin tht ur wrong in the post b4 tht ? :p

classicalislam
01-06-2007, 04:06 AM
My dad always told me to; listen, observe and talk when talked to…

Sabbir_1
01-06-2007, 01:19 PM
''wise people speak because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something''

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-06-2007, 03:04 PM
everyone speaks cuz they have somethin to say...:X duh lol.

Sabbir_1
01-06-2007, 03:15 PM
''everyone speaks cuz they have somethin to say... duh lol.''

its a quote,

''fools speak because they have to say something''

.. that is true.. cuz if u listen to what they say they chatitn crap half the time..thats why there fools..

wise people speak because when they say something it is relevant and there not wasting time, it is benificial like knowledge.. thats why there wise.

Tania
01-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Just see the reactions, most ofthe posters are woman
Please visit the world affair section and you will see how talkative are the men. :) This topic is kind boring for them.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-06-2007, 04:02 PM
women DO talk a lot, but men have their share of talking when the topic suits them...:) as Tania gave an example of.

AHMED_GUREY
01-06-2007, 04:13 PM
aslong as their is no backbiting done i think it's healthy or or or something like that :thumbs_up :)

:D :D :D :D no way

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-06-2007, 04:19 PM
thats not true! im good at memorizing numbers....lol. i never dial wrong either :D

AHMED_GUREY
01-06-2007, 04:39 PM
hey those were brother woodrow's words not mine:D

:phew

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-06-2007, 04:56 PM
^^ yes i know LOL! :X
bro Woodrow jus completely dissed in a manner loool.

AHMED_GUREY
01-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Lool yeah kind of took me off guard there

didn't expect that when i clicked on this topic lol but funny though

baby_muslimah
01-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Women talk more than men:

I could have told you that :p

lolwatever
01-07-2007, 02:48 AM

sorry sis's, but i can't help say :lol:

*b4 ne1 eats me.. i'm takin this as a joke.. so eeeazzyyy!*:exhausted

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-07-2007, 03:28 AM
^^lol, i need to hunt down bro Woodrow for that and teach em a lesson :X lol...:p

sevgi
01-07-2007, 03:34 AM
funny...but dnt forget that when it comes to dissing women, men talk the most. so they are crueler than us!!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-07-2007, 03:56 AM
^^LOL! i agree! take my bro for example. he has to pick EVERYTHING out at me. little does he know, that i can too. but i dont cuz he'll blow his top ;D

lolwatever
01-07-2007, 03:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
^^lol, i need to hunt down bro Woodrow for that and teach em a lesson :X lol...:p
^^LOL! i agree! take my bro for example. he has to pick EVERYTHING out at me. little does he know, that i can too. but i dont cuz he'll blow his top ;D

notice the contradiction? :X

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-07-2007, 03:59 AM
hows that a contradiction? im talking about 2 different people..:?
do u honestly think im gunna hunt Woodrow down?

lolwatever
01-07-2007, 04:03 AM
hows that a contradiction? im talking about 2 different people..:?
do u honestly think im gunna hunt Woodrow down?
women can do nething :hiding:

n do u honestly think i was srs

Woodrow
01-07-2007, 04:05 AM
A wise man graciously backs out of a conversation as soon as he discovers there is at least one female taking part in the conversation.

I am now returning to "World Affairs" where it is quiet and peaceful.

lolwatever
01-07-2007, 04:06 AM
^ crap, stop exposing my unwiseness :offended:

sevgi
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
women can do nething :hiding:

we'll take that as a complement...thank u...:)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
lol what world do u live in bro? then in my world, guys can do anything..wait thats reality :p lol my mom doesnt even leme walk by myself around my block, let alone leave the state LOL! stereotypes i tell ya lol

lolwatever
01-07-2007, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
women can do nething
we'll take that as a complement...thank u...:)
lol what world do u live in bro? then in my world, guys can do anything..wait thats reality :p lol my mom doesnt even leme walk by myself around my block, let alone leave the state LOL! stereotypes i tell ya lol
another contradiction :uuh:

i guess its tru women can do nethin... contradictin emselves is one of those things ;D

sevgi
01-07-2007, 04:08 AM
A wise man graciously backs out of a conversation as soon as he discovers there is at least one female taking part in the conversation.

I am now returning to "World Affairs" where it is quiet and peaceful.
lol....enjoy ur stay there.its quiet coz noone has anything intellectual to say...and i dnt no what is so peaceful about "world affairs" at the moment...:giggling:

sevgi
01-07-2007, 04:09 AM

i guess its tru women can do nethin... contradictin emselves is one of those things ;D
why dnt u just take woodrows advice and be a real man???

lolwatever
01-07-2007, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
why dnt u just take woodrows advice and be a real man???
uncle woody got 70 years of experience, i dont hav that ...... yet :hiding:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-07-2007, 04:10 AM

lol wat now bro..? there wasnt a contradiction in the other one, it was just ur opinion, which u claimed was one...
so i dont trust ya now lol'sz.
sorry i jus realized really late that im off topic. im quietly gunna leave too :)

Later'sz lol

sevgi
01-07-2007, 04:11 AM
uncle woody got 70 years of experience, i dont hav that ...... yet :hiding:
we can all see that...

lolwatever
01-07-2007, 04:12 AM
lol wat now bro..? there wasnt a contradiction in the other one, it was just ur opinion, which u claimed was one...
so i dont trust ya now lol'sz.
sorry i jus realized really late that im off topic. im quietly gunna leave too :)

Later'sz lol
naa i put question mark in the first contradiction :enough!:

ok ill leave here too, we'll let the sis's do the talkin in this thread inshalah ;D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-07-2007, 04:13 AM
lol well its way off now, so itll maybe get closed. cya in other threads hehe.

baby_muslimah
01-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Men are boring anyways, and its a good thing we speak more than men atleast we can get out discounts in the shops!!

baby_muslimah
01-13-2007, 10:11 PM
our* Typo.

Maidah
01-13-2007, 10:25 PM
If speech be silver

Silence be gold

Hahah, but remeber sometimes keeping the gold may result in the loss of something more precious. I think guys need to chat a bit more and prolly use a bit more of their heart than mind:)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-13-2007, 10:56 PM
^^ ;D lol

netprince
01-14-2007, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
Hahah, but remeber sometimes keeping the gold may result in the loss of something more precious. I think guys need to chat a bit more and prolly use a bit more of their heart than mind:)
:rollseyes

:)

ruhi
02-07-2007, 09:40 PM
what would be the condition if women talk as less.... as men?

deen_2007
02-07-2007, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ruhi
what would be the condition if women talk as less.... as men?

men will always be confused when it comes to dicision making;D

deen_2007
02-07-2007, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah
Men are boring anyways, and its a good thing we speak more than men atleast we can get out discounts in the shops!!
:bravo: ...well said.....men get bumped when it comes to shopping....its cos they dnt no how to talk....(no wonder y their always broke)

Woodrow
02-07-2007, 09:49 PM
I am convinced that women only speak once in their entire life.

It begins the first time they open their mouth. So far nobody has been able to find an ending point. It is assumed that it ends at death, but that has yet to be proven.

Why do I have this ominous feeling that I am now in deep trouble?

SATalha
02-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Joker

Maidah
02-07-2007, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by deen_2007
men will always be confused when it comes to dicision making;D
That's true sis, but from personal experience i think despite that we should let them make the decisions. Cuz when we make the decision they follow it unquestioned and then when you feel a bit lost and want to refer back they seem to have no idea what was decided in the firts place. Either one making a decision, the men will still be confused i guess.

SATalha
02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
I think the main point of this post must be made.... its a fact that people will go in hell for one reason mainly....and that is there toungue. If i can urge Brothers and Sisters if they are talking about someone and if it is not good than dont talk about it at all. I hate back bitting

Kittygyal
02-07-2007, 09:57 PM
salamualikum
nah not true for me i only talk when has to be in that case am not a crazy kitty talking to the walls like some dudettes :p am a safe bouncing las whom don't talk much [ahem]
Ma'assalama

deen_2007
02-07-2007, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
I think the main point of this post must be made.... its a fact that people will go in hell for one reason mainly....and that is there toungue. If i can urge Brothers and Sisters if they are talking about someone and if it is not good than dont talk about it at all. I hate back bitting
lol........this isnt back chatting....but front chatting..;D ...we all r saying it open in the air.......:D .........anyway.....lets c who started this thread.....:rolleyes: ....aaahhh 'a brother'....:rant:

Maidah
02-07-2007, 10:00 PM

It begins the first time they open their mouth. So far nobody has been able to find an ending point. It is assumed that it ends at death, but that has yet to be proven.

JOKER, well i guess if you're married then yes you're indeed in trouble bro.

SATalha
02-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Marriege is DOOM

SATalha
02-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Thats marriage with an "a" by the way

Maidah
02-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Marriege is DOOM

hmmm, what would that mean?

deen_2007
02-07-2007, 10:05 PM

AND.....an average man has to be taught 'language' all over again...more then 10 times a year!.....scientists say it is because they dnt talk much....so nothing goes into their long-term-memory....nope...not even language! imsad

Woodrow
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
JOKER, well i guess if you're married then yes you're indeed in trouble bro.
Worse than married. I live with my Youngest Daughter. She now thinks she is my mother.

SATalha
Look please i can see you are burnning with angar i was joking sis. Please dont do anything....

deen_2007
02-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Marriege is DOOM
bad experience parhaps???

SATalha
02-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I was only joking. The phrophet said the best of us is those who are good to their wives. So brothers treat your wife with excellence!

Maidah
02-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Look please i can see you are burnning with angar i was joking sis. Please dont do anything....

:mad: hahahaha no i am not, just found it funny the way you put it. Don't worri i wont get an army of sisters on you:smile:

SATalha
02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh thank Allah... i was getting worried

Woodrow
02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Now that we have all had our fun. Let us stop and think of a few things. Men and women have seperate qualitiies. Each of us has something to contribute to the betterment of all.

Marriage exists because we need each other. There is not a man alive who does not have a woman as a mother. There is not a woman alive who does not have a man as a father.

True we may poke fun at each other and sometimes exaggerate each other's limitations, but over all, we need each other.

SATalha
02-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Ameen to that bro well said

ACC
02-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Worse than married. I live with my Youngest Daughter. She now thinks she is my mother.
Hahaha. Too funny.

I find that women often times repeat themselves because they save the most important part of what they are talking about for when they are walking away from you and whisper it. When they later ask you about it, you have no idea that they said it. Drives me nuts.

Then again, my wife has made me a much better person. I definitely eat healthier, even if I dont want to.

tomtomsmom
02-07-2007, 10:28 PM

:giggling: That is the funniest and truest thing I have seen all day!!!!! My husband is constantly picking on me cause I even talk in my sleep!!!!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-07-2007, 10:41 PM
^^Omg so do I :lol:. I caught myself screaming once :offended::uuh:

khazina
02-08-2007, 05:52 AM
very informative post mashallah although i dont agree with it all

Tania
02-08-2007, 11:07 AM
I think the men not have so much imagination like the women. They can find very hard a topic to discuss so someone must fill the gap.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-08-2007, 04:58 PM
^^:lol:, thats funny and true! ;D

Keltoi
02-08-2007, 05:38 PM
It's a generalization, but I think most men are more intraverted than women, who like explore their feelings through communication. I guess that is why most men let things build to the point of an explosion, where a woman will get out her frustrations at the time of the incident and move on. Big generalizations, but in my experience it is usually true.

H4RUN
02-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Dont need to read the article:p just got a lil something to say...
'YOU DONT SAY' :p
:w:

deen_2007
02-08-2007, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
Dont need to read the article:p just got a lil something to say...
'YOU DONT SAY' :p
:w:
yeah ur right bruv.....'u dnt say....(everything we sis said)' :D

edit: add: to: woodrow.......no they wont!!......u, a man has th last post on the thread (he he he he)

Woodrow
02-08-2007, 10:35 PM
PREDICTION: A woman will be the last poster on this thread.

tomtomsmom
02-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Wish granted!!!!
Can you lock it now :)

deen_2007
02-08-2007, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
Wish granted!!!!
Can you lock it now :)
y did u grant his wish......ders me...editing the previous post...to give my msg to him...so his wish aint granted....

o well...dnt wory...i guess we do have d last say! :D

chris4336
02-09-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't know if its been mentioned or not but I don't think this study really says much about the inherent differences between men and women. If men and women are brought up in a society where women are encouraged to talk and men are not, then women will talk more, and their brains will reflect this. It is very hard to separate the "nature vs nurture" aspect of all this. I know she says it "starts in the womb" but I'm not sure how many studies have been done doing MRIs on newborn babies.

So all this finding could really be is a difference in the values of society, rather than a difference in the sexes.

Skillganon
02-09-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree.

Differences might not be that great under different social condition.

Once must admit the nature of male and female is a factor but not always the case.

Their are many other factors that these type of studies in most cases fail to accomodate.

Muezzin
02-09-2007, 11:46 AM
In a heck of a lot of cultures, women chat with each other like there's no tomorrow.

A typical male conversation goes like this:

Man1:Wassup.
Man2: Nothing much. You okay?
Man1: Yeah.
Man2: See the match last night?
(cue ten minute dialogue about transfers and Lampard)
Man2:Anyway mate, gotta go. See ya later.
Man1:Yeah, see ya.

Malaikah
02-09-2007, 12:11 PM

^Wow, I'm glad I'm not a guy. :uuh:

tomtomsmom
02-09-2007, 01:49 PM
I have always found that men say what is neccessary and us women say everything else! And even when I have been around women whose culture says they should be quiet in front of men, as soon as the men leave they talk up a storm. But that is just me.

Maidah
02-09-2007, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
In a heck of a lot of cultures, women chat with each other like there's no tomorrow.

A typical male conversation goes like this:

Man1:Wassup.
Man2: Nothing much. You okay?
Man2: See the match last night?
(cue ten minute dialogue about transfers and Lampard)
Man2:Anyway mate, gotta go. See ya later.
Man1:Yeah, see ya.
That is sooooo true, it's all about football or sumethin else that is a current topic. But i guess that's what make them men, you don't really want a man chattin like there is no 2mrw. I bet they talk little, but they have to litsen to a lot when we talk.:giggling:

FA68
02-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Salam, no i dont think women talk more then men, i know lots of men that talk more then women although there are some women who do talk more then men, men speak much more and they keep talking about the same thing and if you interupt they start AGAIN from the beginning. Allahafiz

FA68
02-09-2007, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
I have always found that men say what is neccessary and us women say everything else! And even when I have been around women whose culture says they should be quiet in front of men, as soon as the men leave they talk up a storm. But that is just me.
Salam, i dont agree with you there, there are lots of men who talk about things they dont need whereas women talk about what is important or about their household. Allahafiz

lolwatever
02-09-2007, 03:37 PM
salams
PREDICTION: A woman will be the last poster on this thread.
looks liek you were rihgt :p
tc
salams

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.