/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Invaders increase their crimes againt Muslim women

Chechnya
01-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Disappearances, rapes, assassinations: since the recent attacks in Russia, paranoia about "black widows" is feeding a renewal of violence against the rebel republic's female inhabitants

Wrapped in plastic sheeting, the three bodies were discovered on 17 October, buried at the edge of a road leading out of Grozny. Workmen who were digging foundations for an electrical installation, in the Zadavskoy district, uncovered them with their shovels. Their bodies were at a depth of about a metre, in a place where six months previously a Russian federal army unit had camped. The plastic bags contained the corpses of three women in an advanced state of decomposition. The local procurator's official described them as follows: "Remains of three women. Some fragments of black jumpers and skirts. Each skull has at the back the mark of a 'control shot' bullet impact fatal."

After such macabre discoveries, in Chechnya, the only way to try to identify the victims is by word of mouth. The locals know in advance that the official enquiry will be inconclusive. Other ways must be found: cross-checking meticulously, and with difficulty, the stories of disappearances of women, taken away by masked, armed men, who could equally well be Russian soldiers as members of the pro-Russian Chechen militia.

The families of the women who have disappeared are frozen into immobility at the idea of giving evidence. In Chechnya rape amounts to a terrible taboo bringing dishonour on the entire clan. Moreover, indicating that a woman has disappeared automatically produces suspicions in the FSB (the Russian secret service): "So she has gone to join the ranks of the suicide bombers?" they say.

Russian television keeps up the paranoid fear of "black widows" by showing documentaries about kamikaze Chechen women, described as "transformed into zombies, drugged and raped into submission to commit criminal acts." The recent wave of terrorist attacks in Russia, generally attributed to these "black widows," has produced in Chechnya a renewal of violence by the military against women.

In a Grozny apartment, with sweating walls and a façade perforated with shell-holes, a young occupant, Angela, describes this growing terror. In Argun, two women were abducted in the middle of the street in September, by armed men driving a Russian military vehicle. There was no way of knowing whether the abductors were Russians or Chechens.

"Armed men, whether Russian or Chechen, make the law here," says Angela. "They are primitives who have become degenerate as a result of war, and show no respect whatever for the Chechen tradition which forbids attacks against women. When they see a woman, they see her naked, that's all."

HUNT THE *******TES

In the Mikrorayon district, with its long rows of concrete buildings devastated by the shelling, another Chechen, Patimat, tells how she does her best to avoid the sweeps by not wearing out of doors the veil worn by Islamic women and which she wears in the privacy of her own dwelling. "I loosen my veil and let my hair become visible. Sometimes I even put on makeup. My mother is terrified at the idea that soldiers will take me away. They hunt the *******tes and seek out women. For them, '*******te' is synonymous with 'terrorist'."

In her twenties, Patimat is a member of the radicalised younger generation of Chechens who sympathise with the fundamentalist groups and describes herself as a believer in "pure Islam," breaking with the Sufi traditions still observed by the older generation of Chechens. "Our people is undergoing a genocide. But the new generation is wonderful; it has hardened itself, it prays, it learns the Koran and each new torture, each new persecution only turns it more and more in the direction of the Prophet's teachings," Petimat says, her eyes bright.

For her the tragedy at Beslan cannot be counted as an action of the "resistance to the Russian occupiers." She says: "Those who carried it out took children captive, and that is contrary to our ways of combat."

The attack at the Ossetian school in which more than 330 people died was the result, in her opinion, of a sinister manipulation by the Russian secret services. "Some members of the terrorist group had been imprisoned for a long time in Russian prisons before being released for this operation," she states, repeating a conspiracy theory that is widely believed by the population.

The Beslan tragedy has overwhelmed the majority of Chechens with a sense of despair. "How could they have done such a thing?" asks the mother of a young family, in tears at the mention of the hostage-taking. "It is a terrible thing for us Chechens, because all of us are held collectively responsible," she explains. Then she adds slowly: "Beslan was made possible because, in Chechnya, life is of no significance. It has no value. This action has disgusted us. But in Russia who complained about the death of so many of our children in the bombing?"

Further away to the south, in the mountains, the despoliation of war continues. Aslan, sitting on a bench, smokes cigarette after cigarette. He provides rare evidence of the tortures practised in the Vedeno region, on the Russian federal army's base "Vostock". This young Chechen is a member of a special pro-Russian unit of 300 Chechen men which operates under the command of Sulim Yamadaev, leader of an armed group recruited in Moscow.

"Over there in the forests," says Aslan, "our operational group is given the job of tracking the boyeviki the separatist fighters. Every day on our patrols there are armed confrontations, and every day one or two of our guys get killed. The Russian telly doesn't carry anything about it. Also, quite a lot of us lose a leg or a foot on the mines improvised mortars placed by the boyeviki. This is how it goes. We swoop on the villages and collect up the young men. We bring them to the base, where there are several rooms opening onto a big yard. We put one in each room, surrounded by ten men who get busy with him. They are beaten and tortured with electricity. We call it "turning the machine." Sometimes they die. We throw them out. There are underground hiding-places."

"Generally they begin to give us names, addresses," he continues unemotionally. Aslan is around twenty, and says he is paid 12,000 roubles (about 350 euros) a month by the Russian army. "We draw up lists. We get in our vehicles and go looking for these men, sometimes as far as Grozny. We catch some of them and bring them back to our base. And it goes on like that." A few days later Russian television showed a broadcast of a solemn ceremony at the Kremlin. Vladimir Putin gave out medals to soldiers taking part in the "anti-terrorist operation in the north Caucasus." "If there were more people like you our country would have done even better," the Russian president said. Among the recipients of the medals was Ruslan Yamadaev, the brother and close associate of the commander of the sinister "Vostock" base.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
01-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Please post a link to the source

Chechen
01-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I can't believe Chechens can do that to other Chechens. How can they join the people that have been wiping out our people for 400 years?? They really must have no heart, no honor. Well once the war is over we're gonna start executing those dogs.

Chechnya
01-07-2007, 04:46 PM
I can't believe Chechens can do that to other Chechens. How can they join the people that have been wiping out our people for 400 years?? They really must have no heart, no honor. Well once the war is over we're gonna start executing those dogs.
true

kadyrov junior seems to have grabbed alot of power. what is the opinion of the average chechen on kadyrov and his thugs?
does the majority of the population support Umarov and the resistance?

Please post a link to the source
ill try to find it, i cant remember where i got it from :-[

Edit: Deleted message to Mod

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Chechen
01-07-2007, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechnya
true

kadyrov junior seems to have grabbed alot of power. what is the opinion of the average chechen on kadyrov and his thugs?
does the majority of the population support Umarov and the resistance?

ill try to find it, i cant remember where i got it from :-[

Edit: Deleted message to Mod

Well the majority, including me, support the mujahideen. The people that support Kadyrov are mostly the ones that are in Chechnya and not living somewhere abroad. They are constantly being fed with propaganda and now hate the rebels and want to be part of Russia. The ones that refuse to support Kadyrov are kidnapped, tortured and then forced to work in kadyrov's militia. But normally the average Chechen supports the rebels.

skhalid
01-07-2007, 05:19 PM
oh...never though some people can be so cruel sometimes...well everryone involved shall rest in peace...and those who commited the crimes shall be punished...aaamin!!!!

Chechnya
01-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Well the majority, including me, support the mujahideen. The people that support Kadyrov are mostly the ones that are in Chechnya and not living somewhere abroad. They are constantly being fed with propaganda and now hate the rebels and want to be part of Russia. The ones that refuse to support Kadyrov are kidnapped, tortured and then forced to work in kadyrov's militia. But normally the average Chechen supports the rebels.
seems like alot of the young people esp. support the resistance. whenever you see pics of them, many of them look very young

cant wait till they get kadyrov :D

oh...never though some people can be so cruel sometimes...well everryone involved shall rest in peace...and those who commited the crimes shall be punished...aaamin!!!!
ameen

Chechen
01-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah they'll catch him sooner or later or just blow him up like his father :D

And yeah the young people support the resistance because most of us have lost our parents, relatives, friends. Our homes, the city we loved is being destroyed. We've just had enough. We weren't born to be slaves. And if we are it is only to be slaves of Allah. We want to have a normal life. To be able to see our friends and relatives who we haven't seen for years. We want to return to our homeland and be happy there without fearing that Russian troops arrive and start a 'cleansing' or start bombing us. We just want to live as free people and nothing more and we'll continue fighting for that and if we don't manage to get our freedom, then we rather die and join our close ones in paradise.

Insha Allah may Allah grant victory to the Chechens. Allah Akbar!

Chechnya
01-07-2007, 06:09 PM
may allah (swt) ease the suffering of our brother and sisters in chechnya and elsewhere. ameen

do you still have family in chechnya, bro?

no-one hears about all the crimes that go on their because russia has banned all independant journalists so many muslims will be unaware of how bad the situation is for ordinary chechen families
it is amazing that after all the murder, rape and slaughter the russians have carried out that the will of the people still hasnt broken mashallah

haha when kadyrov senior died, that was one of my happiest days - i walked around the whole week with a big smile on my face:happy:

Chechen
01-07-2007, 06:18 PM
may allah (swt) ease the suffering of our brother and sisters in chechnya and elsewhere. ameen

do you still have family in chechnya, bro?

no-one hears about all the crimes that go on their because russia has banned all independant journalists so many muslims will be unaware of how bad the situation is for ordinary chechen families
it is amazing that after all the murder, rape and slaughter the russians have carried out that the will of the people still hasnt broken mashallah

haha when kadyrov senior died, that was one of my happiest days - i walked around the whole week with a big smile on my face:happy:
Yes I still have relatives and friends in Chechnya and in Ingushetia. Some of them have died and are now in paradise Insha Allah. I haven't been to my country or seen any of my family or friends for 7 years now and everyday it makes me feel worse and worse because I'm afraid I won't be able to see them before they die. But anyways I try to stay strong. I am sick of this war and if it doesn't end soon then I'm going to my country to pick up arms and join the Jihad against the Russians.

Chechnya
01-07-2007, 06:31 PM
take me with you :D

seven years is a long time - alhumdulillah you have strong patience bro

it seems though the arab world may have betrayed our brothers in chechnya many muslims in the north caucaus have not. there is resistance now in dagestan, ingushetia, kabardino-balkaria etc. so inshallah they will all unite to end this war

Chechen
01-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah everyone in the north Caucasus was hesitating on going against Russia and then they saw Chechnya's success against the enemy and found the courage to go against Russia. Now the whole northern Caucasus has united and is fighting against Russia and Insha Allah they will win soon. I dream about the day we defeat the enemy. I wish the Russians have a terrible and shameful defeat and so that every Russian soldier in Chechnya suffers a slow and painful death for everything they have done to us for these past 400 years.

MTAFFI
01-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I really have very little knowledge on this war that is being fought since it is rarely advertised by the media, but I do have a question. Russia is a huge country with, in respect to where this war is being fought, virtually limitless resources, so why continue to fight? Is this for land, honor, or just because it has been going on for a period of time? Why not just leave and live in peace somewhere else, I cant imagine the climate or scenary or whatever is so nice that you wouldnt want to live somewhere else, so why not just move on and stop losing all of these lives? From what I do know of Russia, I know that they will not stop and that they can be ruthless, it definitely isnt where I would want to be.

Also please know I am not trying to offend anyone, I am just trying to get some understanding, also if you have any links that might show more about this war, and what goes on on a daily basis please provide as I would like to keep up with it a little better. I am going to research it on wikipedia now. Thanks

Peace

SilentObserver
01-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Where does this guy get this stuff from, "propaganda weekly"? "Hate Russia" magazine? This guy continually posts things like this without any source.
Seriously, without a reliable source it isn't even worth discussing.

north_malaysian
01-11-2007, 07:06 AM
If Chechnya gained independence... what would you guys do first?:?

Chechnya
01-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Where does this guy get this stuff from, "propaganda weekly"? "Hate Russia" magazine? This guy continually posts things like this without any source.
Seriously, without a reliable source it isn't even worth discussing.
Heres some quick Western sources for ya about the kind of stuff that happens in Russian concentration camps:

http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index...pen&of=ENG-2EU - Rape and Torture of Muslim CHILDREN by Russian Forces - Amnesty

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/europ...680364,00.html -
Rape of Muslim Women by Russian Soldiers - Observer

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chechnya-sl/message/5524 - More Rape carried out by Russian Soldier , Some Women Resort to Hiding when Soldiers appear - Human Rights Watch

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...7/ai_n14290335 - Adults and Children Raped, Beaten, Tortured in Russian Camps

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2002/04/10/russia3842.htm - Sexual Violence Against Women by Russian Soldiers - Human Rights Watch

P.S on a side note , when Hamas says Chechnya is a Russian internal affair and that Russia is a "great country" etc. Hamas is indirectly supporting this RAPE and TORTURE of Muslim women and children.

The fact that they cant even bring themselves to condemn the rape and murder of so many women and children shows how low they have dropped.

Goku
01-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I used to think Russia was the bad boy of the past and the good boy of today because of Russian resistance against the US attempts to isolate certain Muslim countries/governments. The Russians on the Iran issue talk of the importance of santions not hitting businesess which have no concern the with nuclear issue, and other stuff like making sure the Iranian officials are able to travel freely, moral issues.

And yet at the same time they are committing atrocities in the Chechnya republic. That issue is rarely reported in the media so a lot of the people arent aware of whats going on. Russia really need to get out of Chechnya and make peace, its not like the Chechans are trying to take over Russia, they just want to live peacefully, freely and independantly, may Allah make liberate Chechnya from Russian invasion, Ameen. Russia and China have the potential to be friends and allies of the Muslim World, hopefully these issues can be resolved quickly.

Chechen
01-11-2007, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
I really have very little knowledge on this war that is being fought since it is rarely advertised by the media, but I do have a question. Russia is a huge country with, in respect to where this war is being fought, virtually limitless resources, so why continue to fight? Is this for land, honor, or just because it has been going on for a period of time? Why not just leave and live in peace somewhere else, I cant imagine the climate or scenary or whatever is so nice that you wouldnt want to live somewhere else, so why not just move on and stop losing all of these lives? From what I do know of Russia, I know that they will not stop and that they can be ruthless, it definitely isnt where I would want to be.

Also please know I am not trying to offend anyone, I am just trying to get some understanding, also if you have any links that might show more about this war, and what goes on on a daily basis please provide as I would like to keep up with it a little better. I am going to research it on wikipedia now. Thanks

Peace

We fight cause we just don't see no reason for a stranger to come and just push us out of our lands not only that but after murdering so many of our people. Chechens consider it blasphemous for a people to just invade another people. It's our mentality. Honor is also one of the reasons for us fighting because for us it is a shame to just surrender or flee from the battle we rather die fighting. Chechens don't want to go anywhere else because that is our land and we love it. I personally am very attached to our lands. It's just those mountains, those forests, those lakes it's just such a wonderful place. There is no second Chechnya on Earth. Also the Chechens want to create their own muslim state ruled by Shariah. So you see there's a lot of reasons for why the Chechens fight back no matter how much bigger the enemy is. Like our national anthem says: Freedom or death there's only one way. You should check out our anthem it really describes our mentality and how we are . Also one thing don't read about chechnya on wikipedia. They make a hell lot of mistakes there. They didn't even put the right flag.

Also for a link to find out what's going on in Chechnya you should check out: www.kavkazcenter.com. It's the official website of the Chechen rebels. As soon as they make an attack or make a statement it appears first on that site. Also they have a lot of news about muslim countries all over the world.

Chechen
01-11-2007, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
If Chechnya gained independence... what would you guys do first?:?
I would leave everything I have here and return to my beloved country as fast as possible. Oh yeah and I'd also laugh at all the people that kept saying that Chechnya would never win.

SilentObserver
01-12-2007, 03:18 AM
Heres some quick Western sources for ya about the kind of stuff that happens in Russian concentration camps:

http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index...pen&of=ENG-2EU - Rape and Torture of Muslim CHILDREN by Russian Forces - Amnesty

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/europ...680364,00.html -
Rape of Muslim Women by Russian Soldiers - Observer

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chechnya-sl/message/5524 - More Rape carried out by Russian Soldier , Some Women Resort to Hiding when Soldiers appear - Human Rights Watch

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...7/ai_n14290335 - Adults and Children Raped, Beaten, Tortured in Russian Camps

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2002/04/10/russia3842.htm - Sexual Violence Against Women by Russian Soldiers - Human Rights Watch

P.S on a side note , when Hamas says Chechnya is a Russian internal affair and that Russia is a "great country" etc. Hamas is indirectly supporting this RAPE and TORTURE of Muslim women and children.

The fact that they cant even bring themselves to condemn the rape and murder of so many women and children shows how low they have dropped.
Thank you, sources at last.

Please try to remember to post sources with each story posted. It is discouraging to bother responding to a story posted without a source. It is nice to be able to read the original article before engaging in a discussion about it.

Chechnya
01-12-2007, 02:20 PM
I used to think Russia was the bad boy of the past and the good boy of today because of Russian resistance against the US attempts to isolate certain Muslim countries/governments. The Russians on the Iran issue talk of the importance of santions not hitting businesess which have no concern the with nuclear issue, and other stuff like making sure the Iranian officials are able to travel freely, moral issues.

And yet at the same time they are committing atrocities in the Chechnya republic. That issue is rarely reported in the media so a lot of the people arent aware of whats going on. Russia really need to get out of Chechnya and make peace, its not like the Chechans are trying to take over Russia, they just want to live peacefully, freely and independantly, may Allah make liberate Chechnya from Russian invasion, Ameen. Russia and China have the potential to be friends and allies of the Muslim World, hopefully these issues can be resolved quickly.
Salam bro

The crimes of the Russians agaisnt Muslims in Chechnya and the North Caucaus have been going on for 400 years - this problem isnt new at all and there is no reason to think it is going to end any time soon.

Russia hates Islam and Muslims - the Muslim world has to realise that.

Do you know in Chechnya if your a young guy and have a long enough beard, thats enough for you to be labelled a "******" and be thrown into a torture camp - or if your a sister that wears hijab properly you can expect the same kind of treatment.
When Putin was asked some tough questions about Chechnya - he couldnt answer and instead told the reporter if he was so interested in the affairs of Chechens, he (Putin) would be willing to chop his penis of and make him a Muslim ( mocking the islamic practice of circumsion).

Russians will never care about Islam or Muslims. Russia is more brutal than the US and Israel put together when it comes to "dealing" with Muslims.

MTAFFI
01-12-2007, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechen
We fight cause we just don't see no reason for a stranger to come and just push us out of our lands not only that but after murdering so many of our people. Chechens consider it blasphemous for a people to just invade another people. It's our mentality. Honor is also one of the reasons for us fighting because for us it is a shame to just surrender or flee from the battle we rather die fighting. Chechens don't want to go anywhere else because that is our land and we love it. I personally am very attached to our lands. It's just those mountains, those forests, those lakes it's just such a wonderful place. There is no second Chechnya on Earth. Also the Chechens want to create their own muslim state ruled by Shariah. So you see there's a lot of reasons for why the Chechens fight back no matter how much bigger the enemy is. Like our national anthem says: Freedom or death there's only one way. You should check out our anthem it really describes our mentality and how we are . Also one thing don't read about chechnya on wikipedia. They make a hell lot of mistakes there. They didn't even put the right flag.

Also for a link to find out what's going on in Chechnya you should check out: www.kavkazcenter.com. It's the official website of the Chechen rebels. As soon as they make an attack or make a statement it appears first on that site. Also they have a lot of news about muslim countries all over the world.
thank you very much for the info:thumbs_up

Jayda
01-12-2007, 05:51 PM
hola Chechnya,

everything you post about your country is depressing and hopeless... what started all of this fighting?

Dios te bendiga

Chechen
01-12-2007, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
thank you very much for the info:thumbs_up
You're welcome if you have any other questions you're welcomed to ask and I'll gladly answer them.:D

Chechen
01-12-2007, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola Chechnya,

everything you post about your country is depressing and hopeless... what started all of this fighting?

Dios te bendiga

Well the fighting started 400 years ago and it wasn't only in Chechnya. Russia was going around invading pretty much everyone to expand their territory and influence around the whole region. When the Soviet Union broke up all the countries that had been invaded by Russia had gained their independance, except for Chechnya. Why? Like a researcher that went to Chechnya said: Under the Chechen land there is an ocean of oil. So that pretty much explains everything.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.