/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which Islamic countries are good to visit?

ZAYD
01-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Alhamdulillah i performed Hajj last year and Umra three times before.

i have made a firm intention to visit Palestine next inshallah,

but i was wondering if anyone has been on holiday to any islamic country, other than these, which is really worth going to in terms of

learning more about previous nations,

or places with historical islamic artefacts? etc etc.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
skhalid
01-06-2007, 05:17 PM
I think Makka and Madinah would be the best place to go for that!!!
But many other Islamic countries have artefacts, it just depends on the types of artefacts u are interested in.

SUMMAYAH
01-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Some one told me morocco is a good place for a historical visit.

sudais1
01-06-2007, 06:23 PM
i dont like morroco the governments has baned hijab and they took the verse of hijab out of the quran that they use :raging:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SUMMAYAH
01-06-2007, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
i dont like morroco the governments has baned hijab and they took the verse of hijab out of the quran that they use :raging:
I thought that was Eygpt?

Woodrow
01-06-2007, 06:51 PM
That is turning out to have been an erroneious statement. It had to do with the University hand book at one of the Moroccan Universities and the Qur'an was not altered. Just the student hand book.

The hijab and niqaab are mandatory for Muslim Women when in public. Morocca has many non-Muslim Residents and the law was changed so it is not required for them to wear the hijab when in public.

Morocco does have some very old ruins that date back to the Early days of Islam. Fez is an excellent City for a Muslim interested in Islamic history to visit. Some other excellent choices and worth visiting are Sidi Yahia and Sidi Slimane. Both small but older villages with a very rich Muslim History. Hard to find tho. Transportation to them can be found at Kenitra. There are several buses a day going to them. Neither have and hotels, but sidi Slimane does have some restaurants with excellent Berber food.

netprince
01-06-2007, 06:58 PM
If you have been to Mecca and Medina and will go to Jerusalem next year. Then there are so many muslim countries you could visit, each with its own wealth of islamic history. The places I am planning on visiting are Spain (Grenada, Seville, Cordoba etc) and Turkey. Inshallah i am planning to visit spain next month and turkey at some future point.

sudais1
01-06-2007, 07:28 PM
i watched on i think CBC where they said hijab is not allowed, and they altered the Quran,

here's a link to schools and businesses banning hijab

http://www.prohijab.net/english/morocco-hijab-news.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5413808.stm

and the most important

http://www.theicuc.org/msa/public/node/289

no1_outbider
01-06-2007, 07:36 PM
palestine anyday !!!

sudais1
01-06-2007, 07:40 PM
But apart from my criticizing of Morocco I suggest a trip to Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Somalia :P

But turkey is amazing, especially the history in Istanbul, so much battles and monuments, you'll never be bored i promise :) :)

brenton
01-06-2007, 09:43 PM
I've been through Israel and loved East Jerusalem. Jordan was nice, but we were very restricted. I have some very good Malaysian friends, but they say the cities are crowded.

Woodrow
01-06-2007, 10:07 PM
i watched on i think CBC where they said hijab is not allowed, and they altered the Quran,

here's a link to schools and businesses banning hijab

http://www.prohijab.net/english/morocco-hijab-news.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5413808.stm

and the most important

http://www.theicuc.org/msa/public/node/289

Morocco Omits Verse from Curricula
Submitted by MSA on Wed, 2006-10-04 06:23. International News

Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research Al-Habib Al-Malki argued that the move came to fight extremism.

IslamOnline.net RABAT — The Ministry of Education in Morocco has omitted from preparatory school curricula a Qur'anic verse, hadith and a photo of a hijab-clad girl, claiming that it moved to nip extremism in the bud.

"They omitted verse no. 31 of surat An-Nur, which reads: "And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms…..," Abdul Kareem Al-Howeshri, the head of the non-governmental Islamic Education Association, told IslamOnline.net Tuesday, October 3.

He said they also erased a hadith narrated by Abu Dawood that Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) cursed men dressing up in women's clothes and women putting on men's clothes.
That is the News story that was misunderstood world wide. The verse was removed from the School Curricula, not from the Qur'an

The other links about the hijab ban, I am still searching for more info.

Can you tell I love Morocco and I do not want to think anything bad about it, until I have exhausted researching all derogatory comments.

umm-sulaim
01-06-2007, 10:26 PM
lolz it's only natural ^

I recommend yemen....it's alotta fun and it has a lot of history for instance Ma'rib where Queen Bilqees had her throne n that...and there are a lot of ruins, San'aa has alotta history behind it too

wassalaam

ZAYD
01-06-2007, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
That is turning out to have been an erroneious statement. It had to do with the University hand book at one of the Moroccan Universities and the Qur'an was not altered. Just the student hand book.

The hijab and niqaab are mandatory for Muslim Women when in public. Morocca has many non-Muslim Residents and the law was changed so it is not required for them to wear the hijab when in public.

Morocco does have some very old ruins that date back to the Early days of Islam. Fez is an excellent City for a Muslim interested in Islamic history to visit. Some other excellent choices and worth visiting are Sidi Yahia and Sidi Slimane. Both small but older villages with a very rich Muslim History. Hard to find tho. Transportation to them can be found at Kenitra. There are several buses a day going to them. Neither have and hotels, but sidi Slimane does have some restaurants with excellent Berber food.

Jazakallah brother woodrow, you really have a lot of info on many topics mashallah, may allah increase your life and increase your knowledge.
ameen

umm-sulaim
01-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Ameen ^

wassalaam

ZAYD
01-06-2007, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
lolz it's only natural ^

I recommend yemen....it's alotta fun and it has a lot of history for instance Ma'rib where Queen Bilqees had her throne n that...and there are a lot of ruins, San'aa has alotta history behind it too

wassalaam

Jazakallah, never really gave any thought to yemen. but it sounds very interesting.

btw does anybody know exactly where the as'haabe kahfs cave is?

yusuf musa
01-06-2007, 11:59 PM
somalia the motherland. too hot tho but the hospitality is amazing. depends where u go really.

umm-sulaim
01-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Wa iyyaak, No sorry bro dunno where it is... (ashaab kahf's cave)

wassalaam

ehmad
01-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Brothers and Sisters, I have heard that if u have visited Israel then you are banned from entering Saudi Arabia. Is it true ?

umm-sulaim
01-07-2007, 12:15 AM
woah? Allahu a'lam. Where'd u hear that from?

wassalaam

ZAYD
01-07-2007, 12:16 AM
if you are planning a trip to saudi via palestine then when entering israel you must get your visa stamped on a seperate document not on your passport as you normally would.
the saudi authoroties have a problem with that and it may cause u trouble when in jeddah.

i was told this by friends who have been to palestine....and my sis who went last year......lucky so-and-so!

FollowingAlhuda
01-07-2007, 12:21 AM
the thing you say about Morocco isn't correct. In some jobs you cannot where the hijab (but the job is not apropriate for the muslima anyway). I go to Morocco every year ,i'm morrocan. I can wear my hijaab or niqaab thats not a problem. I think you confusing it with Tunis. In Tunis your not aloud o wear a hijaab anymore.

ehmad
01-07-2007, 12:31 AM
I have heard the same from my friends!

Woodrow
01-07-2007, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FollowingAlhuda
the thing you say about Morocco isn't correct. In some jobs you cannot where the hijab (but the job is not apropriate for the muslima anyway). I go to Morocco every year ,i'm morrocan. I can wear my hijaab or niqaab thats not a problem. I think you confusing it with Tunis. In Tunis your not aloud o wear a hijaab anymore.
I agree with you. Maroc is the place to be. I love Fez and Meknes and especialy the small villages up in the Atlas Mountains.

ehmad
01-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Umm - Sulaim, I meant to say I have heard the same what Ash19 has just told!

netprince
01-07-2007, 12:47 AM
I went to tunisia a few years ago and heard the same. men werent allowed to keep beards, except in a few very religious areas, and women werent allowed the hijabs. people werent allowed to stay in masjids other than at namaz times. I heard the authorities were very anti islamic and 'Islamists' would 'disappear'...... The tunisians were generally very friendly and hospitable people though, and it was a beautiful country.

One thing which i really didnt like very much, why have they adopted french as their language!!!!

Is it french in Morocco also? I had friends who attended a course in morocco a few years back, they came back wearing the moroccon robes, now they wear cool!

H@fiz Aziz
01-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Saudi Arabia for Hajj/Umrah Jordan for other religios based events like Coma Aud houses

umm-sulaim
01-07-2007, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ehmad
Umm - Sulaim, I meant to say I have heard the same what Ash19 has just told!
lolz i figured...

wassalaam

SUMMAYAH
01-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Okay so have you made your mind up about where we're going for our next holiday?lol

netprince
01-07-2007, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
Okay so have you made your mind up about where we're going for our next holiday?lol
Probably going to be even more confused with all of the suggestions ;D

I think a Section/Thread where people could relate their holidays to muslim countries might be a good thng to have :?

Woodrow
01-07-2007, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by netprince
I went to tunisia a few years ago and heard the same. men werent allowed to keep beards, except in a few very religious areas, and women werent allowed the hijabs. people werent allowed to stay in masjids other than at namaz times. I heard the authorities were very anti islamic and 'Islamists' would 'disappear'...... The tunisians were generally very friendly and hospitable people though, and it was a beautiful country.

One thing which i really didnt like very much, why have they adopted french as their language!!!!

Is it french in Morocco also? I had friends who attended a course in morocco a few years back, they came back wearing the moroccon robes, now they wear cool!
Although many Southern Moroccans do speak French. Morocco got the country back from France in the mid 1950s. Morocco was divided into French Morocco and Spanish Morocco . The Northern section being Spanish and the Southern being French. Tanja (Tangiers was independant) In the 1950s they both were liberated and in the late 1950s under Hassan Five the Country reunited as Maroc.

The Jilabas the men traditionaly wear are very nice and very comfortable.

Arabic was the Dominat language the last time I was there, but Spanish and French are both still widely understood especialy near Casablanca. Kenitra was still predominatly French and Spanish.

netprince
01-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Although many Southern Moroccans do speak French. Morocco got the country back from France in the mid 1950s. Morocco was divided into French Morocco and Spanish Morocco . The Northern section being Spanish and the Southern being French. Tanja (Tangiers was independant) In the 1950s they both were liberated and in the late 1950s under Hassan Five the Country reunited as Maroc.

The Jilabas the men traditionaly wear are very nice and very comfortable.

Arabic was the Dominat language the last time I was there, but Spanish and French are both still widely understood especialy near Casablanca. Kenitra was still predominatly French and Spanish.
Thank you for the info brother woodrow. The language thing in Tunisia seemed so strange, having come from an ex colonised country myself (pakistan), where very few people spoke the language of the colonists. Inshallah i will also visit Morocco at some point in the future as i have heard so much good about it.

Its funny, when you really start looking at the countries you would like to visit, the list seems to grow and grow and grow!

ZAYD
01-07-2007, 12:37 PM
thanx 4 all the replies, im off to see my travel agent! lol

FollowingAlhuda
01-07-2007, 12:52 PM

Yes, my Tunesian friend said tome that the rulers in Tunis are now Jews. But Allaho a3lm.

In Casablanca,Rabat they talk french a lot. But in the North and South (Sahara) they just talk Morrocan.

Cool friends you got there :D

FollowingAlhuda
01-07-2007, 12:55 PM
I agree with you. Maroc is the place to be. I love Fez and Meknes and especialy the small villages up in the Atlas Mountains.
I never went there. But i heard it is fun. Have you ever been to Beni Mallal? Their beutiful Waterfalls there. Heartwarming!

ZAYD
01-07-2007, 12:58 PM
I never went there. But i heard it is fun. Have you ever been to Beni Mallal? Their beutiful Waterfalls there. Heartwarming!
Where is BENI MALLAL?

FollowingAlhuda
01-07-2007, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ash19
Where is BENI MALLAL?
In Morocco :)

Helena
01-07-2007, 02:56 PM
same here have been umrah once and hajj once...alhamdulilah....

and inshAllah planning to go again this year for hajj or either umrah inshAllah....

my heart and mind is locked in that place......even thou have been there...feel as thou i was in a beautiful dream...wish go there again inshAllah....inshAllah...

my first choice would be Saudi Arabia and second would be Egypt....but when it comes to choosing between the two places....

seriously cannot decide at all.....and i end up going for Saudi Arabia were the makkah and madinah is.....wot else can i search or wish for....

Woodrow
01-07-2007, 03:23 PM
No I never did go to Beni Maalal. However, there are quite a few places in the mountains that have beutiful waterfalls.

The Dra'a Valley is another nice spot to visit. Although it would be very inhospitable to live in. Sadly last I heard there has been an ongoing dispute between Morocco and Algeria over ownership of the land.

I should mention the coastal city of Tetouan is the cleanest city I have ever seen any place on Earth. Everything always looks freshly scrubbed including the roads and sidewalks.

netprince
01-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Bro Woodrow and Sis FollowingAlhuda have done a good job of selling Morocco!!! Now its on my 'definitely want to visit' list.

Anyone of asian (Pakistani) origin should go and visit the northern himalayan regions of pakistan, Some of the places are just too beautiful to describe. Sitting there looking at the towering mountains... Mashallah... makes you realise how small and insignificant a part of the world man is!

SATalha
01-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Nah you need to go Palestine. Iam not sure but i think it used to be sunnah after Hajj. So please go there Its important and while your there visit the many refugee camps and prey in the Great Masjid (i think you know the one iam talking about LOL)

FollowingAlhuda
01-07-2007, 05:43 PM
No I never did go to Beni Maalal. However, there are quite a few places in the mountains that have beutiful waterfalls.

The Dra'a Valley is another nice spot to visit. Although it would be very inhospitable to live in. Sadly last I heard there has been an ongoing dispute between Morocco and Algeria over ownership of the land.

I should mention the coastal city of Tetouan is the cleanest city I have ever seen any place on Earth. Everything always looks freshly scrubbed including the roads and sidewalks.
I live in Tetouan, an will tell you how that comes. Look bro the King of Morroco ikes to come to that city a lot. So the people scub it always. I also live in Tanger, when you enter it it normaly smells a lot! But one day when the king came i saw them scrubbing and the bad smell was gone. I Tetouan they always paint the subways and take care of the flowers and Three's on the road.

Morrocan people are very funny! I can't laugh enough sometimes!

SATalha
01-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I live in Tetouan, an will tell you how that comes. Look bro the King of Morroco ikes to come to that city a lot. So the people scub it always. I also live in Tanger, when you enter it it normaly smells a lot! But one day when the king came i saw them scrubbing and the bad smell was gone. I Tetouan they always paint the subways and take care of the flowers and Three's on the road.

Morrocan people are very funny! I can't laugh enough sometimes!
Yeah, they are also very kind one man took us for free from Taghazute to Agadir for free. Ive never met kinder people in my life. Mashallah the people are great but the king...ahh phoowii

FollowingAlhuda
01-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Bro Woodrow and Sis FollowingAlhuda have done a good job of selling Morocco!!! Now its on my 'definitely want to visit' list.

Anyone of asian (Pakistani) origin should go and visit the northern himalayan regions of pakistan, Some of the places are just too beautiful to describe. Sitting there looking at the towering mountains... Mashallah... makes you realise how small and insignificant a part of the world man is!

Masha Allah brother you describe it in a very hartwarming way. Areyou from Pakistani origin also. Anyway Morrocco is a beutifull country but most of the tourists are being robbed and stuff. Even the Morrocan that do not live In Morocco are paying a higher price in the market. Bcz they think money grows on our backs and we are just stupid. Not really a way a Muslim should handle when he is selling

Wassalam

SATalha
01-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Near enough I am Bengali. Yeah the tourist industry is booming and Morroco is a top place, but for political and Islamic reasons i still say PALESTINE. By the way the food is Great Chiken tagine with Coos coos. Yummy

netprince
01-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Masha Allah brother you describe it in a very hartwarming way. Areyou from Pakistani origin also. Anyway Morrocco is a beutifull country but most of the tourists are being robbed and stuff. Even the Morrocan that do not live In Morocco are paying a higher price in the market. Bcz they think money grows on our backs and we are just stupid. Not really a way a Muslim should handle when he is selling

Wassalam
My parents were originally from Pakistan and moved to england when i was very young. So i am, unfortunately, a foreigner in a foreign land. Funny thing is when i went back to pakistan i was also a foreigner in foreign land, wierd!

This is also the case in pakistan, and most other muslim countries i suspect. Whenever there are 'VIP' visitors everything gets cleaned up and made to look good, as soon as the VIPs are gone everything is left to go bad again......

Even the Morrocan that do not live In Morocco are paying a higher price in the market. Bcz they think money grows on our backs and we are just stupid
Its exactly the same thing in pakistan, the people there think everyone living outside of pakistan is made of money.

SATalha
01-07-2007, 06:21 PM
My parents were originally from Pakistan and moved to england when i was very young. So i am, unfortunately, a foreigner in a foreign land. Funny thing is when i went back to pakistan i was also a foreigner in foreign land, wierd!
Yep i feel the same.

Maarya
01-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Its exactly the same thing in pakistan, the people there think everyone living outside of pakistan is made of money.
exactly - you get a 10second phone call from relatives tellin you the bills have arrived and can you please send money to pay for them

netprince
01-07-2007, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
Yep i feel the same.
I've heard the same thing from freinds from many different places....

We are the nationless people

SATalha
01-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Ah what can you do. But we dont need nations we belong to one Ummah. there you go some comfort.

sudais1
01-07-2007, 07:23 PM
i don't like Yemen, last time i saw Yemen everyone has hashish from the poor man to the president

SATalha
01-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Bro whats Hashish. excuse my ignorance

sudais1
01-07-2007, 07:30 PM
im sorry if i offended anyone but thats just what i heard, i don't want to spark a debate but thx for correcting me, an i would like to make out a special apology to Woodrow how may have been offended the most on my attack of Morocco. Hope all of you forgive me :)

Woodrow
01-07-2007, 11:26 PM
im sorry if i offended anyone but thats just what i heard, i don't want to spark a debate but thx for correcting me, an i would like to make out a special apology to Woodrow how may have been offended the most on my attack of Morocco. Hope all of you forgive me :)
I do not see where you said anything offensive. we all have limited vision and we can only know what we are shown. Some of us have only seen the best of some locations and others have only seen the worse.

In order to know the truth and to be able to make good choices we need to see all views, from different perspectives.

Woodrow
01-07-2007, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
Hashish is the resin from the top of Marijuana plants. It is smoked in many Mediterranian area countries. It is illegal in most if not all of them. Although it is illegal and the penalties are very harsh, it is often openly and blatently smoked in some countries. Sadly it is what many Westerners think of when they think of Arab nations.

Another problem is many people are under the impression that everybody who smokes a Hookah is smoking hashish. There are many Hookah parlors and Hookah rooms throughout the mideast, but most are legal and the people are not smoking hashish.

amirah_87
01-07-2007, 11:37 PM
As Salaamu ALaykum,

don't like Yemen, last time i saw Yemen everyone has hashish from the poor man to the president
Lol Yep, that's true, but not everywhere in Yemen, and not everyone!
In the Maraakiz (Camps) everybody's seeking knowledge so you would'nt find any of that.

I think He Means Drugs; Qat, Paaaan (however you spell it).

netprince
01-07-2007, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As Salaamu ALaykum,

Lol Yep, that's true, but not everywhere in Yemen, and not everyone!
In the Maraakiz (Camps) everybody's seeking knowledge so you would'nt find any of that.

I think He Means Drugs; Qat, Paaaan (however you spell it).
Isnt Hashish what is commonly known as cannabis? Although i dont think it is as common as the poster made it out to be earlier on. The pipes people smoke normally contain flavoured molasses or tobacco.

I have Yemeni friends and from what i know Yemeni people are not big on smoking Hashish.....

Besides, the Prophet (SAW) blessed the land of Yemen, and so just for that reason alone it would be worth visiting :)

amirah_87
01-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Isnt Hashish what is commonly known as cannabis? Although i dont think it is as common as the poster made it out to be earlier on. The pipes people smoke normally contain flavoured molasses or tobacco.

I have Yemeni friends and from what i know Yemeni people are not big on smoking Hashish.....

Besides, the Prophet (SAW) blessed the land of Yemen, and so just for that reason alone it would be worth visiting :)
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Hmmm.. I've always known Hasheesh as any and every type of drug.

Yemenis however don't smoke cannabis, but they're known for chewing Qaat.
not all of them ofcourse, some.

Darkseid
01-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Morroco's government is a constitutional monarchy.

Morroco's head executive is the king, who acts as a political and religious leader.

If you want change in Morroco, then you'll need to either send a letter of concern to Morroco's monarch or support a political party in Morroco that aims at removing the king from holding power over religion.

north_malaysian
01-08-2007, 04:47 AM
How about visiting our Muslim brethren in China? I've heard that Xi'an and Beijing are great cities to visit too...

FollowingAlhuda
01-08-2007, 06:10 AM
Me .... same case! I have an identity crisis :)

This is also the case in pakistan, and most other muslim countries i suspect. Whenever there are 'VIP' visitors everything gets cleaned up and made to look good, as soon as the VIPs are gone everything is left to go bad again......!Its exactly the same thing in pakistan, the people there think everyone living outside of pakistan is made of money.[/QUOTE]

What a relief! I think it was only the case in Morocco. Well is the police and government in Pakistan also corrupt as ours?

QWassalam

netprince
01-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Me .... same case! I have an identity crisis :)
Seems to be more common than most people realise!!

What a relief! I think it was only the case in Morocco. Well is the police and government in Pakistan also corrupt as ours?
Much as it pains me to say it...Pakistan is unfortunately one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Its normally a very close thing between Pakistan and Nigeria as to which is the most corrupt country in the world. In our nations the saying 'Power Corrupts' so too true.

FollowingAlhuda
01-08-2007, 06:21 PM

Much as it pains me to say it...Pakistan is unfortunately one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Its normally a very close thing between Pakistan and Nigeria as to which is the most corrupt country in the world. In our nations the saying 'Power Corrupts' so too true.

May Allah make the leadersof our countries steadfast Insha Allah, so the people become good muslims!

Ameen

netprince
01-08-2007, 06:23 PM
May Allah make the leadersof our countries steadfast Insha Allah, so the people become good muslims!

Ameen
Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.