/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saalih al-Munajjid

panIslamist
07-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Assalam alaikum

I heard Sheikh Rabee' said he is "Kibaar of the Qutubiyyah".

I heard Shaykh Saleem al-Hilalee said he is the head of Qutubiyyah in Saudia.

I heard Dr. Saleh as-Saleh has spoken against him during his classes on Pal Talk when someone tried to post a link to Islam Q&A.

I heard Shaykh Ubayd al-Jaabiree said that he is Qutubi and you can hear his statement here in Arabic with English translation:
http://www.al-manhaj.com/audio/manha...onMunajjid.ram

I heard Shaykh Muhammad Naasir ad-Deen al-Albaanee said "Sayyid Qutb had no knowledge of the fundamental or subsidiary matters of Islam."

I think I also quoted him in the past once or twice b/c what he does is usually quote Shaikh Bin Baaz (ra) and Uthaymeen (ra) but I think quoting to his site is not good either.

But this is where he does quote Syed Qutb:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=43087&dgn=4

This is what the salafitalk brothers have to say about him:
http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages....um=16&Topic=932

Some people say you can ignore finer issues some say you should ignore him altogether.

But the bottomline is Syed Qutb is a dangerous personality.

I personally used to be a big fan of Islamqa, but recently I heard that Shaikh Munajid has some Qutbi ideas in him. Since then I have stuck to either fatwa-online.com or fatwaislam.com (which I believe are better).

Any thoughts on this matter.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kadafi
07-05-2005, 03:00 PM
:sl: brother PanIslamist,

This thread is declining to sectarian issues whilst I primary stated in the first post that it should not shift to such issues.

You said he quoted Sayyed Qutb (once) and the quote had nothing to do with his manhaj.

Shayk Ibn Tamiyaah said:
The wise believer agrees with all people in that in which they are in accordance with the Qur’aan and Sunnah and obey Allaah and His Messenger, but he does not agree with that in which they go against the Qur’aan and Sunnah and disobey Allaah and His Messenger. He accepts from every group that which was taught by the Messenger… when a person seeks the truth and justice, based on knowledge, he is one of the successful friends of Allaah and His victorious party…
So thus, if the quote of Sayyed Qutb is in ACCORDANCE with the Qur'an and the Sunnah and does not go against it, he can quote him on that.

Furthermore, the mistakes and bida' introduced by Sayyeed Qutb are widely known and his slander against the Prophet and his companions. Did Shaykh Al-Munnajid ever recycle the manhaj of Sayyeed Qutb in his fatwas or all his fatwas based on authoritive references from the 'ulema and the Qur'an and the Sunnah. If he has Qutbi as you boldly claimed akhee, then why don't you cite atleast one of his articles that indisputable prove that he certainly has qutib ideas.

I urge you to cite ONE fatwa of islamqa that prove that he belongs to that cult. Otherwise, akhee, please refrain from such accusations as the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to do.

Allah knows best and he is the best of Judge.

:w:

panIslamist
07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Assalam alaikum

Well the accusations are coming NOT from me but from the ulema (and it seems that it happened around the gulf war). If the scholars that are bigger them him are saying he is "head of the Qutubiyyah", there must be something wrong here.

kadafi
07-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Correction akhee, the quotations supposedly are comin' from the salafitalk brothers who keep startin' with every sentence "I heard from a brother who heard it from another brother".

These are urban myths. Furthermore, the salafitalk members have something against the al-Muntada al-Islami centre was which refuted at:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=3076

If he is allegedly the head of qutbiyyah then clearly he would have made his manhaj known since the leader is the one who adheres to that manhaj known but apparantly his answers are based on the Qur'aan and the Sunnah and the manhaj of the Salaaf.

Brother, if you have nothing valuable to add you haven't changed your position then I will close this thread, and I will re-open if you have anything else to add.

Also, pm if you can find one fatwa that goes against the Qur'an and the Sunnah, otherwise these accusations fall flat on the ground.

Wa'alaikuum salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
07-05-2005, 06:06 PM
:sl:
SalafiTalk has a bad reputation of spreading ‘Qeel wa Qaal’ (it was said and he said). Please check here:
http://www.madeenah.com/index.php?op...id=87&Itemid=2

The above site is an excellent resource, created by students of Madeenah University.

kadafi
07-05-2005, 07:05 PM
:sl:

Subhan'Allah, Jazaka'Allaahu khairun for the link akhee Ansaar. The Shaykh advised them I hope, Insha'Allaah that they act upon his advice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.