/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jummah Preyers

SATalha
01-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Is it me or is Jummah a repetition every week. In my area the Imam doesnt debate and talk about the current issues, he never mentions the current wars in our lands. Instead he does the same khuthba and than Sallah. Why are they so afraid to talk about current issues? Is this happning any where else? Please let me know.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
01-07-2007, 09:12 PM
salams
maybe your imam is afraid of speaking out against current affairs in public

SATalha
01-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah tru maybe. I wana tell the Imam to atleast make Dwa for those that have been killed in the weekly events. Inshallah he will listen and be brave enough to do it.

FBI
01-07-2007, 09:14 PM
:sl:

This is common, but just speaking about something aint enough we need action.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ZAYD
01-07-2007, 09:46 PM
An imam must choose very carefully what he says from the mimbar.

the majority of ppl listen very attentivily.

talking about current issues from the mimbar every week can very easily label an imam as an extremist type, thus putting the reputation of the masjid and all musallees who attend there at risk.

Sure, mentioning them once in a while maybe in the form of a dua is fine.

e.g. "..........and may Allah (s.w.t.) help our muslim brethen in Iraq/Palestine etc who are going through a very testing time. may allah strengthen their iman and safeguard them against all evils. ameen......"

something like that would be fine.

also mentioning masjid aqsa in the dua of the second khutba is also very benificial.

the best thing for an imam to talk about on fridays are things which would

make us all better muslims,

improving our akhlaaq and aadaab (manners),

teaching us to be model muslims,

being tolerant,

and to instill the sunnah and love of our prophet (s.a.w.) more into our hearts.

Alhamdolillah, we, in our local mosque, are very lucky to have an imam who talks on these things aswell as talking about all major events and festivals that occur throughout the year(islamic and non-islamic) at the correct times.
e.g. xmas at xmas time, easter, mothers and fathers day, bonfire night, muharram (aashura), shabe e baraat, etc etc.

north_malaysian
01-08-2007, 05:15 AM
Just last week, the "Khatib" gave a sermon of Saddam Hussein's martyrdom. I was like :omg: :phew

SATalha
01-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks ash19 your post made a lot of sense and the Imam does give teaching from the sunnah so thats good. But i really want him to mention the suffering that takes place. You c in Jummah all the young bros come, the ones that are into hip-hop and being a street thug, if the imam starts telling them about boys that are their age and what is happning to them than maybe they will feel a bit of shame.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.