/* */

PDA

View Full Version : msn trouble

AnonymousPoster
01-07-2007, 11:22 PM
:sl: i have de bad habit of talkin to the opposite gender on msn a lot!
and the talking becomes a bit unappropiate and certain things are said is like i am addicted to it now. please help what can i do to stop this?:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
01-07-2007, 11:24 PM
EDIT: You know all the opposite gender you got on msn. Block them and than delete them.

amirah_87
01-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Wa alaykum as salaam,

Edited: Try deleting all the genders of your opposite contacts InshaAllah :)

Dunno where i got You being a brother from! :?

BlissfullyJaded
01-07-2007, 11:29 PM
:sl:

lol, thats assuming its a brother. But I agree, just block and delete, and don't add anymore. If you're forced to add, keep it serious, and they'll have to respect that, and they won't really go further. You set the standard on how you want to be treated.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-07-2007, 11:57 PM
change your password into a reall long hard to remember password, something like 'ugpuguoigio45sff5154s45s45sdvdssss8968sdty98' then copy n paste it to confirm password change. You'll forget your password next time you sign on.

Pk_#2
01-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Typicals. lol, let the bro or sis keep msn, tell the opp genders to fluff off :)#

heh

sowi!

IbnAbdulHakim
01-08-2007, 12:26 AM
delete, destroy, eliminate and al-fath (the victorY) will be yours.

dont be a loser bro!!!!!!!

Al_Imaan
01-08-2007, 12:47 AM
I had the same problem but I stopped by putting it through my head that I had better things to do....It worked somehow..I just never gave myslef the chance to sign on

Malaikah
01-08-2007, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Block them and than delete them.

:thumbs_up That works wonders. You can't chat with someone who isn't on your list!

strider
01-08-2007, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
and the talking becomes a bit unappropiate and certain things are said is like i am addicted to it now. please help what can i do to stop this?:w:
It's good that you've been able to identify the problem. Next step, would be to sort it out. This would require some good old fashioned will power. You don't HAVE to add somebody of the opposite sex, and you don't HAVE to talk inappropriately. Start from today and take it day by day. If you can't do it all in one go, then take it slowly, cutting down any inappropriate conversations to sensible ones. Continue to further build up your Iman; when you consciously sin and you don't want to really face the consequences, you won't want to sin anymore.:)

AnonymousPoster
01-08-2007, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
its hard blocking n deleting, people might get insulted or think that you got sumfn against them....

change your account. And don't add anyone of opposite gender. And only add people of your gender who you trust won't try putting you into square one.

If you get caught out... there's a way out, till then, make sure you don't.

good luck :)

aamirsaab
01-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Alternatively, uninstall msn.

AnonymousPoster
01-08-2007, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Alternatively, uninstall msn.
das just impossible! for addictrons atleast :-[

but hey... if ur able 2do it, i swear you deserve respect!
:w:

------
01-08-2007, 11:09 AM

I agree with the above advice, block n delete :thumbs_up

SUMMAYAH
01-08-2007, 11:42 AM
There's different time of the day when your feeling really inclined to better for yourself and other times when the Shaytaan's got you by the .....

I guess when you posted this you were feeling high on your Iman and really ready to change. When you feel like this again advantage of the situation quickly and efficiently.

Don't think twice, go to your computer and uninstall MSN! I'm telling you, It will work. If you need an extra boost, try picturing the Shaytaan in your head screaming and banging his head against the wall.

After this you will feel either reallllllllllllllllly high, or realllllllllllllllly low.
But at least you've saved yourself and Inshallah on the day of reckoning you will be buzzing!!!

Trust me. If It's worked on me it will it will work on you too!
I've done enough stuff when I get a rush of sufi attack: Cut TV cables, thrown away inappropriate materials, snapped music CD's the lot!

Yes I regretted it afterwards, but at least when I felt like committing the sin I had no resources!

May Allah help you and let us know how it goes.

Sabbir_1
01-08-2007, 12:44 PM
deleate MSN.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-09-2007, 07:19 PM
nah why dont u just explain to them why u dont wanna chat 2 them? dats da easiest option :? why should u delete msn juz cuz of a few guyz? xplain 2 them yeah, if that doesnt work and dey act all clingy and swer etc den block and delete dem anyways cuz dey weirdos :-\

AnonymousPoster
01-09-2007, 07:27 PM

Make another account and block + delete the opposite gender people from your earlier account.

If you block and delete and keep the ad, you still got the urge to unblock and chat. But if you got a new account with all the people you need in your new one - then you don't keep checking to see what the person you blocked is upto (like if they online or not.)

What dangerous said is is clever too, cuz that way even if you want to talk to the people again, you can't because you don't know your pass or secret answer. So you gota stick to your new one.

Sabbir_1
01-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Make another account and block + delete the opposite gender people from your earlier account.

If you block and delete and keep the ad, you still got the urge to unblock and chat. But if you got a new account with all the people you need in your new one - then you don't keep checking to see what the person you blocked is upto (like if they online or not.)

What dangerous said is is clever too, cuz that way even if you want to talk to the people again, you can't because you don't know your pass or secret answer. So you gota stick to your new one.
Good idea.

islamicgirl
01-09-2007, 07:42 PM
best thing i think instead of uninstalling is to change your nickname to your reason y u don't wanna talk to them.

limitless
01-14-2007, 04:11 PM

Most of the posts were repetitive and sending the same message across expect with one sister. I have the same issue, or did couple of months ago. What I did was permanently closed my hotmail and msn account. It was terminated suddenly and I changed the password to something like a long word that I never think of. My friends (all of them are Christians and Jews no Muslim) were insulted and angry, I told them straight forward that I can no longer continue further using MSN as it is a distraction from school, prayer, and other useful life activities. It is tempting to sign up another account and etc....but if you can overcome this temptation you will be a better Muslim individual.

To overcome this temptation, I suggest that you recite a prayer in your head, keep up with five daily prescribed Salats from our prophet (PBUH) and try not to give in to Satan (Shaytaan).

Inshallah this helps you out brother/sister and you can overcome this temptation.

The Ruler
01-17-2007, 02:50 PM
:sl: this may be a suggestion no one has given...and it is a weird one too...but i saw someone do it (not deliberately ofcourse)...get caught!...if your mum/dad...or anyone else catches you doing this, i would expect they keep an eye on you and possibly even delete msn...that is a better way to get off it...and it actually works...because under constant watch, you wont be able to use msn, nor talk to the opposite sex....i know getting caught is a big deal...but trust me once it happens...it really is no big deal...i saw someone go through it...and according to her, its okay now...although the tension is still there sometimes.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-17-2007, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
nah why dont u just explain to them why u dont wanna chat 2 them? dats da easiest option :? why should u delete msn juz cuz of a few guyz? xplain 2 them yeah, if that doesnt work and dey act all clingy and swer etc den block and delete dem anyways cuz dey weirdos :-\
:salamext:
Yeah I agree. Explain to them. If they don't understand, block and delete them anyway.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.