/* */

PDA

View Full Version : famous people

mohammed farah
01-08-2007, 06:44 PM
come on people lets hear it, what famous person have you ever met.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FollowingAlhuda
01-08-2007, 06:49 PM
___

I confused ''meet'' with just ''see''

Woodrow
As a boy there was an old man in my town who was honored every year as he was one of the few surviving people that had personaly known Abraham Lincoln.

I met him and walked away sadly thinking to myself "How sad, the only thing this man did in his life time is to have met a famous person."

FollowingAlhuda
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
come on people lets hear it, what famous person have you ever met.

What about you?

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
As a boy there was an old man in my town who was honored every year as he was one of the few surviving people that had personaly known Abraham Lincoln.

I met him and walked away sadly thinking to myself "How sad, the only thing this man did in his life time is to have met a famous person."
That's a funny way of thinking!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mohammed farah
01-08-2007, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FollowingAlhuda
What about you?
no one .................................................. ..yet:D

SUMMAYAH
01-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Goerge Galloway..........but then again nearly everyonr I know has met him!

Snowflake
01-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Why don't you use your energy to become famous in the name of Islam instead.

netprince
01-08-2007, 07:05 PM
I've met a lot of Cricketers, a few singers and a couple of actors (TV actors not movie actors) and an ex weatherman who used to jump around on a floating map of the UK lol

But the people i have been the most priviledged to have met and sat with were some amazing muslim scholars.

FollowingAlhuda
01-08-2007, 07:16 PM
MAsha Allah,

What scollars?

Ashley
01-08-2007, 07:22 PM
havent met any1 famous yet but hop to soon:)

AHMED_GUREY
01-08-2007, 07:23 PM
i don't like famous people there lame and annoying

James Brown,Marlon Brando and Steve the crocodile dundee all died so who's left to meet?:omg:

maybe Jackie Chan i don't know...

FollowingAlhuda
01-08-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
i don't like famous people there lame and annoying

James Brown,Marlon Brando and Steve the crocodile dundee all died so who's left to meet?:omg:

maybe Jackie Chan i don't know...

Uhmm the great scollars like:

Sheikh Fawzaan
Sheikh Ubayd Djabiriee
Sheikh Madchaali

And others

FBI
01-08-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:Saw Prince Naseem give a small talk in a cramped Masjid, in-between taraweeh rakaahs.

He touched my shoulder too :p... tapped me so that he could get to the front row, only after he passed did I realise who it was lol.

My friend hugged him one day though. Whatever. :rollseyes

:sl:

Kool what was the lecture.

FollowingAlhuda
01-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Who is prince Naseem?

netprince
01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
MAsha Allah,

What scollars?
Shiekh Muhammad Al-Yacoubi - His a Sayed and Mashallah listening to him speak about the Prophet (SAW) is such an amazing experience.

Shiekh Hamza Yusuf

Shiekh Nuh Ha Mim Keller

Imam Sirah Wahhaj - Have met more than once. Mashallah knowledgeable and committed.

Abdullah Hakim Quick

Abdul Hakim Murad

Imam Zahid Shakir - Only heard him talk, never met him face to face though.

Abdur Raheem Green - I met him a long time ago after he'd finished doing a talk about his conversion to Islam, it was a beautiful story.

AHMED_GUREY
01-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Uhmm the great scollars like:

Sheikh Fawzaan
Sheikh Ubayd Djabiriee
Sheikh Madchaali

And others
indeed sister!

but i thought we were discussing ''celebrities''

my bad:-[

netprince
01-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Who is prince Naseem?

He was a Yemeni Boxer, he was very good at what he did and was the world champion.

netprince
01-08-2007, 07:39 PM
indeed sister!

No better celebrity than the people of knowledge :)

FollowingAlhuda
01-08-2007, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by netprince
Shiekh Muhammad Al-Yacoubi - His a Sayed and Mashallah listening to him speak about the Prophet (SAW) is such an amazing experience.

Shiekh Hamza Yusuf

Shiekh Nuh Ha Mim Keller

Imam Sirah Wahhaj - Have met more than once. Mashallah knowledgeable and committed.

Abdullah Hakim Quick

Abdul Hakim Murad

Imam Zahid Shakir - Only heard him talk, never met him face to face though.

Abdur Raheem Green - I met him a long time ago after he'd finished doing a talk about his conversion to Islam, it was a beautiful story.
Never heard of them. But i don't think their Allama other wise i would know them. (DO they give fatawa?)

Wa Allahu a3lem

Wasalam

indeed sister!

Thats n.b.d. you know they are also celebrities in a way...

No better celebrity than the people of knowledge :)

I really thought you ment, we sould discuss celebrities and that they are better to discuss then Ahlu L'ilm.
My face was like:enough!: :enough!:

But then i took a good look and saw that i was wrong!

Woodrow
01-08-2007, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ashley
havent met any1 famous yet but hop to soon:)
You will one day if you have not already. One day some of your current friends may become famous.

A few of my friends in school and college went on to become famous.

a few notable students I had in a Health class I taught briefly at Centenary College.

Larry Byrd (Basket Ball)

Hal Sutton (Golfer)

Kathy Johnson (The olympic Gymnist)

then some people I met when I was a kid, but I did not know they were famous at the time

Albert Einstein
Robert Frost
"Lucky" Luciano (The gangster, long story)

Some when I was in the Military

Gen. Curtis LeMay
Dean Hess (Bomber pilot who became a military Chaplin after accidently bombing an orphanage, a movie was made about him. Quite a man, was very remorsefull after that tragic accident. Miscalculated the coordinates for a mission)

Some Guys that I met in the USAF that went on into show business

Flip Wilson
Jerry Van Dyke

A few Politicians

George Bush Senior (don't stone me, that was before he was prez)
Jack Kennedy
Robert Kennedy

Some foreign Dignataries:

Moulay Hassan (Former King of Morocco) being the one I remember best

Some Show biz people:

Elvis
Fabian
Dorothy LaMour
Ida Lupino
Jayne Mansfield
Jimmy Stewart (He was a reserve AF General at the time I was in the AF)
Mario Lanzo

What's his name Gary something: that guy who played Radar on MASH he is my sister's neighbor.

The only key to meeting somebody famous is to live long enough.

Far better we all do something to better our love for Allah(swt)

netprince
01-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Never heard of them. But i don't think their Allama other wise i would know them. (DO they give fatawa?)

Wa Allahu a3lem

Wasalam
All the people i said are western converts apart from the first(mostly american but a couple of english ones too). They are all people who have studied islam extensively and do a lot of lectures in the western countries.

I really thought you ment, we sould discuss celebrities and that they are better to discuss then Ahlu L'ilm.
My face was like:enough!: :enough!:

But then i took a good look and saw that i was wrong!
My apologies for that!

If you look at my first post i mentioned i had met a few of the other type of celebrities as well (such as cricketers). However, they are a lot lot lot lot less important than the people of knowledge.

Hijrah
01-08-2007, 08:07 PM
I met Suhaib Webb before..

Keltoi
01-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I met Sean Astin, Samwise from Lord of the Rings. The Texas A&M movie club invited him to show his short film on campus and I exchanged a few words with him. I've also met President Bush the elder, also at Texas A&M University.

FollowingAlhuda
01-08-2007, 08:23 PM
All the people i said are western converts apart from the first(mostly american but a couple of english ones too). They are all people who have studied islam extensively and do a lot of lectures in the western countries.
Oke , but that doesn't make them scollars. Any how do you know for sure they are trustworthy. I mean is their Aqeedah and Manhadj correct? Because the Selefnever took knowledge from someone untill they knew where he studied, how pure his aqeedah and manhadj was. The selef never had igtilaaf in that , only in fiqh. So if you have errors in you aqeedah or manhadj that means you not of the Ahl Sunnah Wal Jamaa3a.

If i'm not clear enough, i can Insha Allah give you more information

Wassalam

My apologies for that!
Don't... it was my bad!

netprince
01-08-2007, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I met Sean Astin, Samwise from Lord of the Rings. The Texas A&M movie club invited him to show his short film on campus and I exchanged a few words with him. I've also met President Bush the elder, also at Texas A&M University.
Samwise the Brave!!!

I loved the Lord of the Rings trilogy

AvarAllahNoor
01-08-2007, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I met Sean Astin, Samwise from Lord of the Rings. The .
Does he have hairy feet?

Muezzin
01-08-2007, 09:01 PM
:sl:Saw Prince Naseem give a small talk in a cramped Masjid, in-between taraweeh rakaahs.

He touched my shoulder too :p... tapped me so that he could get to the front row, only after he passed did I realise who it was lol.
He should have just forward flipped over you. That rolling flash of leopard-print is instantly recognizable. :p

RiMa AlI
01-08-2007, 09:03 PM

My friend hugged him one day though. Whatever. :rollseyes
OMD prince Nasseeb use 2 da same secndry skool as ma sis-in-law...

I wud reli lik 2 meet Amir Khan.....Hve a 121 chat wiv him init lol.. obviously abt islam... Did u notice in everi single match he alwyz does a dua...n of crse his mothaz blessn 4 her putturr... Awww

XxSaLAAMxXx

RiMa AlI
01-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Who is prince Naseem?
Hez a boxer in England.....

lol

Y wud u knw u live in Dam ..lol

XxXXxSalaamXxXX

Musaafirah
01-08-2007, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
He came to my uni to give a lecture on something, but as far as I knew, hardly anyone turned up apart from the Respect supporters, I just didn't see the point of going though

Bint Abdusattar
01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I've met: Dr Farhat Hashmi (My teacher at Al-Huda)
Yvonne Ridely
shaikh Abdul Hakim Green (i think that's his name unless i'm mixed
up)
the members of Sham (the nasheed group)

:w:

mohammed farah
01-08-2007, 11:02 PM
now i'l like to know what famous person would you like to meet

i for one would like to meet yusuf estes,and bilal phillips, Zakir Naik and the whole of the manchester united squad.

RiMa AlI
01-09-2007, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Why don't you use your energy to become famous in the name of Islam instead.

True sed.. i totally agre wiv u sista....Dat b gud...init.. u neva nw it mght b me/U 1 dy InshALLAH!!!!!!:D...Let da word ISLAM spread thrghout da wrld n let em knw dat itz a true religon n da bst.. (no offence pple)...

FBI
01-09-2007, 10:30 PM
I wanna be a famous cereal killer here are some poor victims

FollowingAlhuda
01-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Why?

Now i will get nightmares!

cihad
01-10-2007, 12:45 PM
i met ahmed deedat

SATalha
01-10-2007, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
Yep u got that right. I met Elvis once.... Nah only kidding. I tell you who i would like to meet and the only way would be in a dream. Can any one guess who?

FollowingAlhuda
01-10-2007, 12:53 PM
I want to meet the Prophet (Peace and blessing be upon him)

SATalha
01-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Stay pious and who knows you might. Does anyone know of anybody who met the Phrophet PBUH in their dreams? What a feeling :D

aamirsaab
01-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Many moons ago, I met a very famous guy called aamirsaab, you may have heard of him, I wouldn't be surprised seeing as he's so popular. Mashallah, he was so funny and kind and generous, I practically gave him my wallet to show my sincere appreciation of him. Subhanallah, he's so pious too, and is always modist - not once did I hear him brag about his status. Mashallah, fantastic guy who you should all meet and give your money to.

Pk_#2
01-10-2007, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Many moons ago, I met a very famous guy called aamirsaab, you may have heard of him, I wouldn't be surprised seeing as he's so popular. Mashallah, he was so funny and kind and generous, I practically gave him my wallet to show my sincere appreciation of him. Subhanallah, he's so pious too, and is always modist - not once did I hear him brag about his status. Mashallah, fantastic guy who you should all meet and give your money to.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

It's a shame he can't spell, he seemed perfect,

Don't be Alpha Dude, it's one of the seven deadly sins. :rollseyes

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-10-2007, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

How OLD was this guy?:confused:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.