/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Unique English Translation of the Quran

Phoenix CG
01-09-2007, 06:09 PM
I have The Holy Quran, this is a unique translation, it cannot be found anywhere else, produced with saheeh International, Al Muntada Al Islami, Abul Qasim Publishing House, it's a very good translation. Below is from the Introduction:

There is clealy a need for presentation of the meanings of the Holy Quran in English which is precise enough to be useful as a reference for Muslims and students of Arabic yet also suitable for da'wah purposes to non-Muslims. The Arabic Quran has always spoken for itself - to those who discover it for the first time as well as those who study it in depth. The general meaning is a translation should thus be correct, as far as human ability permits, and clear, in a readable and uncomplicated expression.

Al Muntada al Islami has selected this edition by saheeh international (first published by Abul Qasim Publishing House, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia) as the one most suitable for distribution. Widely acknowledged for improvement over previous translations, its language closely adheres to that of the original text while remaining lucid and intelligible.
If you would like to buy one please contact me inshaAllah, the Qur'an is 689 pages, the cost is £10 per unit.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmSqueakster
01-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Is it this one:

http://www.islamicbookstore.com/b5269.html

I have it in a small zipper version for my purse. It's pretty decent. Muhammad Asad is still my favorite though.

Phoenix CG
01-09-2007, 07:56 PM
The one I have is Olive in colour, and smaller in size. Al Muntada have got the rights to it now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.