/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dispatches: Undercover Mosque

seeker_of_ilm
01-09-2007, 09:08 PM
:sl:

I just saw an advert, for Monday 8pm on channel 4, for a programme entitled Dispatches: Undercover Mosque

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Numaan
01-09-2007, 09:10 PM
same here bruv

FBI
01-09-2007, 09:12 PM

same here you know it's just gonna cause some controversy.

strider
01-09-2007, 09:19 PM
InshaAllah, i will watch it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FBI
01-09-2007, 09:21 PM

Here's the story.

An undercover investigation has revealed disturbing evidence of Islamic extremism at a number of Britain's leading mosques and Muslim institutions, including an organisation praised by the Prime Minister.
Secret video footage reveals Muslim preachers exhorting followers to prepare for jihad, to hit girls for not wearing the hijab, and to create a 'state within a state'. Many of the preachers are linked to the ******* strain of Islam practised in Saudi Arabia, which funds a number of Britain's leading Islamic institutions.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A forthcoming Channel 4 Dispatches programme paints an alarming picture of how preachers in some of Britain's most moderate mosques are urging followers to reject British laws in favour of those of Islam. Leaders of the mosques have expressed concern at the preachers' activities, saying they were unaware such views were being disseminated.
At the Sparkbrook mosque, run by UK Islamic Mission (UKIM), an organisation that maintains 45 mosques in Britain and which Tony Blair has said 'is extremely valued by the government for its multi-faith and multicultural activities', a preacher is captured on film praising the Taliban. In response to the news that a British Muslim solider was killed fighting the Taliban, the speaker declares: 'The hero of Islam is the one who separated his head from his shoulders.'

Another speaker says Muslims cannot accept the rule of non-Muslims. 'You cannot accept the rule of the kaffir [non-Muslim],' a preacher, Dr Ijaz Mian, tells a meeting held within the mosque. 'We have to rule ourselves and we have to rule the others.'

The 12-month investigation also recorded a deputy headmaster of an Islamic high school in Birmingham telling a conference at the Sparkbrook mosque that he disagrees with using the word democracy. 'They should call it ... kuffrocracy, that's their plan. It's the hidden cancerous aim of these people.' The Darul Uloom school said it no longer employed the teacher and that one of the reasons he resigned 'was the incompatibility of many of his opinions with the policies of the school'.

When contacted by The Observer, UKIM said: 'We are a nationwide organisation and hold different programmes in our mosques. We are very concerned about this. We have instructed all our branches not to allow any more speakers with radical or fundamentalist views. This has occurred as a result of an internal problem. We hired out Sparkbrook community hall, and some of the organisations that hired it allowed some speakers with views that are not our own. As a result, no more external groups will be allowed to hire the community hall at Sparkbrook.'

Elsewhere the documentary records the huge popularity of DVDs and internet broadcasts produced by extremist preachers. At the Islamic bookstore at Regent's Park Mosque in central London, DVDs of a preacher called Sheikh Yasin are sold. In one DVD, Yasin, who is promoted on the mosque's website, accuses missionaries from the World Health Organisation and Christian groups of putting the 'Aids virus' in the medicine of African people, 'which is a conspiracy'.

Another DVD on sale features Sheikh Feiz, a Saudi-trained preacher. Feiz says: 'Kaffir is the worst word that can ever be written, a sign of infidelity, disbelief, filth, a sign of dirt.'

In a statement the company that runs the bookstore said: 'We sell and supply a wide range of material and we do not necessarily agree with it. It is totally unfair to blame [us] for any of the views expressed in these lectures.'

Elsewhere, another preacher at a mosque in the East Midlands is caught on film, praying: 'God help us in our fight against the kaffir, in every field, in every department of life. We beg you to help us fight against the enemies of our religion.'

Inside the Green Lane mosque in Birmingham, a preacher is recorded saying: 'Allah has created the woman deficient.' A satellite broadcast from the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh, beamed into the Green Lane mosque suggests that Muslim children should be hit if they don't pray: 'When he is seven, tell him to go and pray, and start hitting them when they are 10.' Another preacher is heard saying that if a girl 'doesn't wear hijab, we hit her'.

Another preacher says: 'The time is fast approaching where the tables are going to turn and the Muslims are going to be in the position of being uppermost in strength and, when that happens, people won't get killed - unjustly.'

In a statement to Channel 4, Lord Ahmed, the convener of the government's Preventing Extremism taskforce, said he was worried about the programme's consequences: 'While I appreciate that exaggerated opinions make good TV, they do not make for good community relations.'

A spokesman for Green Lane mosque said Islam does not denigrate women and that the instruction to hit a child was merely a smack. He accused C4 of intensifying the 'witch-hunt' against Muslims.

'Undercover Mosques', Dispatches, goes out at 8pm on Monday, 15 January
Source: http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_ne...984530,00.html

Fishman
01-09-2007, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
InshaAllah, i will watch it.
I don't know whether that's a good idea, it's basically saying that loads of Mosques preach hatred in their sermons. It's probably composed of loads of misquotes, as I read from an article about it says.

seeker_of_ilm
01-09-2007, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

same here you know it's just gonna cause some controversy.

No! What are you talking about?! With a name like "undercover mosque" you just know this will do a world of good for Dawah purposes(!)

UmmSqueakster
01-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Doesn't it concern anyone that our religious leaders are preaching that people hit girls who don't wear hijab or that we should reject the rule of the kuffar?

If we live under a western government, aren't we bound by the fiqh of minorities?

I'm not one of those who blindly shouts "Go back to where ya came from," but it seems to me to be counter productive to live in the "land of the kuffar" if you're not going to show some loyalty to it, or at least live within it's systems, laws and rules.

strider
01-09-2007, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I don't know whether that's a good idea, it's basically saying that loads of Mosques preach hatred in their sermons. It's probably composed of loads of misquotes, as I read from an article about it says.
Is it so hard to believe that there may be some rogue Imams who do preach hatred in their sermons in our mosques? I think not.

FBI
01-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Is it so hard to believe that there may be some rogue Imams who do preach hatred in their sermons in our mosques? I think not.
What excatly is a "rouge Imam" and what do u consider preeching Hate?

Muezzin
01-09-2007, 09:40 PM
I think I'll watch the programme before judging it. And before someone accuses me of being naive: I know others prejudge Islam after hearing a bad word about it but never actually meeting a good, practicing Muslim, and the principle of that is wrong. Similarly, it would be just as wrong for me to jump to conclusions about a person I have not met, a book I have not read, or a television show I have not seen.

ZAYD
01-09-2007, 09:40 PM
As i mentioned in a thread earlier, imams need to be very careful of what they say on the mimbar.

a casual remark about almost anything can be twisted into 'preaching hate'

may allah guide us all.ameen

FBI
01-09-2007, 09:44 PM

As i mentioned in a thread earlier, imams need to be very careful of what they say on the mimbar.

a casual remark about almost anything can be twisted into 'preaching hate'
Some would argue it has come to such a situation where muslims can't even openly make dua for the mujahideen without being labelled an 'Extremist' and Hijra is a must.

strider
01-09-2007, 09:49 PM
What excatly is a "rouge Imam" and what do u consider preeching Hate?
Example: Abu Hamza.
Preaching hate: Saying all non-Muslims regardless of whether they are civilians or not, are legitamite targets (which they aren't) and therefore one is justified in killing them. Such discriminative and offensive nonsense has no basis in Islam, so why should we tolerate it being preached in our mosques?

FBI
01-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Example: Abu Hamza.
Preaching hate: Saying all non-Muslims regardless of whether they are civilians or not, are legitamite targets (which they aren't) and therefore one is justified in killing them. Such discriminative and offensive nonsense has no basis in Islam, so why should we tolerate it being preached in our mosques?

Fair point and I agree.

ZAYD
01-09-2007, 09:55 PM

Some would argue it has come to such a situation where muslims can't even openly make dua for the mujahideen without being labelled an 'Extremist' and Hijra is a must.

if an imam says in his duaa

" may allah help our muslim brothers in iraq,palestine (etc.), who are facing many hardships and pain...."

something to that effect would be ok i think. in that dua the mujahideen are also included.

ZAYD
01-09-2007, 10:00 PM

Some would argue.........................and Hijra is a must.

show em the way to the airport! lol

seriously, is that being realistic?

would the sahaba have just packed their bags and left?

gave up?

this is our country and we belong here. we have a right to stay here.

FBI
01-09-2007, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ash19
show em the way to the airport! lol

seriously, is that being realistic?

would the sahaba have just packed their bags and left?

gave up?

this is our country and we belong here. we have a right to stay here.

The point they're making is that muslims can't fully practise islam and would be under suspicion if they wanted to go out fisibililah ect and it would be best if they left.

Muezzin
01-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Perhaps we should limit this discussion to the programme in question.

Maarya
01-09-2007, 10:06 PM
i think that we should watch the programme first before judging it.
channel 4's done loadsa programmes on muslims and islam and they havnt said anything thats too bad (not that i know of, anyway), so you never know ...

FBI
01-09-2007, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maarya
channel 4's done loadsa programmes on muslims and islam and they havnt said anything thats too bad (not that i know of, anyway), so you never know ...
I take it u missed the one about the 'Gay Muslims'.

Genius
01-09-2007, 10:12 PM

*******sm

******* school of thought

Why does the word ******* get censored?

Sunni, Shia, Salafi, Shia, Barelvi, Deobandi, Raafidhi.

The above don't.

Hmmm about the programme it's scaremongering and sensationalism on the part of channel 4. Muslims ******* or otherwise should complain about its sensationalised content.

Muezzin
01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius

*******sm

******* school of thought

Why does the word ******* get censored?
Short answer: People were using it as an insult to such a degree it just became ridiculous.

FBI
01-09-2007, 10:21 PM

what was the word?

Maarya
01-10-2007, 06:02 PM
I take it u missed the one about the 'Gay Muslims'.
i must have! :-[
sorry!

strider
01-10-2007, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maarya
Channel 4 wouldn't be making a programme highlighting an issue, if it didn't need highlighting. The Muslim community does have its flaws, and it shouldn't come as a surprise if a journalist decides to report on it. There are gay Muslims amongst us who feel like outcastes, so they came out and exposed their grievences. What is so 'bad' about such a program? It's just mere facts being reported.

Isma'el
01-11-2007, 12:01 PM
"Many of the preachers are linked to the ******* strain of Islam practised in Saudi Arabia"

Am assuming they are talking about the SALAFI's,

Pk_#2
01-11-2007, 03:52 PM
To tell the truth it sounds like a loada bull, but...

Yeah watever don't promote it, untill you've seen it,

Hmm...

I duno if i will be in the mood to watch it, i think ima have a headache that day!

Rabi'ya
01-11-2007, 03:55 PM

one thing to say

Dispatches = :raging: :raging: :raging:

i know its not worth it and its only a stupid Ch4 prog, but :raging: :raging: :enough!: :enough!:

Umm Yoosuf
01-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Is this program coming on Monday the 15th?

I think the Masjid they are refering to is Regents Park Mosque. I things were wriiten in the newspaper about.

Pk_#2
01-11-2007, 04:07 PM
I doubt they are planning to say anything positive about the mosque in concern :|

strider
01-11-2007, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

one thing to say

Dispatches = :raging: :raging: :raging:

i know its not worth it and its only a stupid Ch4 prog, but :raging: :raging: :enough!: :enough!:
What makes you say that, sis? Channel4 makr some really good documentaries and the Dispatches programs are :thumbs_up

Isma'el
01-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Channel4 makr some really good documentaries and the Dispatches programs are :thumbs_up

well Dispatches aint helping the muslims are they....all they are after are viewers...n sad it may seem yr 1 of them.

they are alwayz portraying islam in a negative manner.....n av course its entertainment 4 someone who no's nothing bout islam...
ITS ALL L.O.B

mohammed farah
01-12-2007, 05:20 PM
hopefully ill watch it

Snowflake
01-12-2007, 05:31 PM
yawnnnn........

why are muslims living in lands where we cannot practice our religion freely when it comes to jihad? Secretly muslims may praise those who openly oppose the enemy but themselves remain safe in their cushy homes. Isn't it true that when a muslim country is attacked jihad becomes obligatory?! But who wants to give up their comfortable lifestyle to go and be shot down in the name of Islam eh?

Skillganon
01-12-2007, 05:42 PM
In response to the news that a British Muslim solider was killed fighting the Taliban, the speaker declares: 'The hero of Islam is the one who separated his head from his shoulders.'
Well what is wrong with that?
Anyway you can check on islamqa on the serving in those army for those kind of war.

Another speaker says Muslims cannot accept the rule of non-Muslims. 'You cannot accept the rule of the kaffir [non-Muslim],' a preacher, Dr Ijaz Mian, tells a meeting held within the mosque. 'We have to rule ourselves and we have to rule the others.'
Actually every muslim attest to that. When they said their shahadah. One should also check out the status of one living in a non-muslim land.

The 12-month investigation also recorded a deputy headmaster of an Islamic high school in Birmingham telling a conference at the Sparkbrook mosque that he disagrees with using the word democracy. 'They should call it ... kuffrocracy, that's their plan. It's the hidden cancerous aim of these people.' The Darul Uloom school said it no longer employed the teacher and that one of the reasons he resigned 'was the incompatibility of many of his opinions with the policies of the school'.
Well not far from it... I do no find him disagreeing with democracy warants such a reprimand, that is his opinion, and in way of secularism it is not far from the truth.

DVDs of a preacher called Sheikh Yasin are sold. In one DVD, Yasin, who is promoted on the mosque's website, accuses missionaries from the World Health Organisation and Christian groups of putting the 'Aids virus' in the medicine of African people, 'which is a conspiracy'.
Well that was one blunder and I too disagree with it.

Feiz says: 'Kaffir is the worst word that can ever be written, a sign of infidelity, disbelief, filth, a sign of dirt.'
I think they misunderstand his meaning.

Elsewhere, another preacher at a mosque in the East Midlands is caught on film, praying: 'God help us in our fight against the kaffir, in every field, in every department of life. We beg you to help us fight against the enemies of our religion.'
Blimey what was wrong with that, one will suspect even the devil takes offense to that and he is our biggest enemy.

Green Lane mosque suggests that Muslim children should be hit if they don't pray: 'When he is seven, tell him to go and pray, and start hitting them when they are 10.' Another preacher is heard saying that if a girl 'doesn't wear hijab, we hit her'.
Another blunder.

Another preacher says: 'The time is fast approaching where the tables are going to turn and the Muslims are going to be in the position of being uppermost in strength and, when that happens, people won't get killed - unjustly.'
What is wrong with that? You will think hitler got killed it will be unjust, with their objection. Muslim has to do everything on the condition of justice and accordance of Quran and Sunnah.

In a statement to Channel 4, Lord Ahmed, the convener of the government's Preventing Extremism taskforce, said he was worried about the programme's consequences: 'While I appreciate that exaggerated opinions make good TV, they do not make for good community relations.'

A spokesman for Green Lane mosque said Islam does not denigrate women and that the instruction to hit a child was merely a smack. He accused C4 of intensifying the 'witch-hunt' against Muslims.

'Undercover Mosques', Dispatches, goes out at 8pm on Monday, 15 January
Bush,** just to intensify and project their pre-concieved notion towards the ignorant masses (albeit I have not watch the film).

Skillganon
01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
The programme has started 8:00pm at channel 4 . If anyone wan'ts to watch it. They are pinning all it one saudi arabia of course and the american convert speaker. Also they are playing the w'ahhabi card also. LOL.

As far as I have watched it 10 minute, their is nothing said against Islam. Althought the part about not praying making one a desbeliever and there is many different opinion about it.

They are also trying to play the sexes card.

The part about hitting a child as an admonishment I do entirely agree.

They are also playing the Homosexual card aswell, as it is well aware Islam does not agree with Homosexuality.

It seem's like all the big player/scholar of Islam is in it.

They seem not to like the word Kuffar, and their was one idiot muslim who say it is a degerotary term. They must view the Quran to be degeratory aswell, since it has the word aswell.

Skillganon
01-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Maybe people should watch it, especially those from non-uk country.

Skillganon
01-15-2007, 08:30 PM
IT also say's Medina University trains brain washed preachers. LOL this get's better. A scholar called Faizul id apperently is blaming what he said to saudi arabian scholars.

So far they are doing a good job of their propaganda, it will work more on the layman muslim and non-muslim.

Arwa
01-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Assalamu alaikum

This is just how I had expected it to be. Hmm.

Skillganon
01-15-2007, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makkiyah
Assalamu alaikum

This is just how I had expected it to be. Hmm.
Well it is expected. Inshallah it will turn out for the better.

Umm Yoosuf
01-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Subhan Allah. What an attack on the Muslims!!!! They quoted somethings out of contxt. Made respectable brothers seem crazy and extrem.

seeker_of_ilm
01-15-2007, 09:02 PM

Even www.islamqa.com made it onto the show

Maarya
01-15-2007, 09:06 PM
its ridiculous. most of it was out of context. they dont understand the term 'jihad' either

i bet u there's gonna be a load of trouble for the secret filmer!

SATalha
01-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Channel4 are excellent at making these programmes

Arwa
01-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Lol. It's amazing how things were twisted and put into the wrong context. They did not even let people finish off what they were saying.

SATalha
01-15-2007, 09:12 PM
What else was expected :? We all should pack our bags and be off to Timbaktu... Its a realy nice place :D

Al-Hanbali
01-15-2007, 09:13 PM

The whole "Dispatches" programmes are just another method to propogate hatred towards muslims.

Helena
01-15-2007, 09:14 PM
its absolutely ridiculous....most of the speeches made by diff speakers have been edited throughout the programme, only certains parts were taken out to suit there audiences and show extremism....utterly unappropriate.....

astagfirulla....

erm about the person who went undercover for the mosques....ya Allah......may Allah(swt) forgive him and show him the light of Islam.....wot was he thinking of?.....seriosuly....creating a feud between muslims and muslims.....

Skillganon
01-15-2007, 09:14 PM
It was attacked on some major scholars of the deen. They also try to blur straight path of Islam with a degetory term called wah'abism, which is named after Muhhamad Abdullah ibn w'ahhab who was a great scholar and a reviver of to the straight path of islam when some people where lost to innovation and shirk.

Skillganon
01-15-2007, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
its absolutely ridiculous....most of the speeches made by diff speakers have been edited throughout the programme, only certains parts were taken out to suit there audiences and show extremism....utterly unappropriate.....

astagfirulla....

erm about the person who went undercover for the mosques....ya Allah......may Allah(swt) forgive him and show him the light of Islam.....wot was he thinking of?.....seriosuly....creating a feud between muslims and muslims.....
What was he thinking was probably his pocket.

SATalha
01-15-2007, 09:15 PM
What is so wrong in us not wanting democracy and wanting Shariah? can anyone tell me. Not in this country but some place where Muslims are the norm.

AvarAllahNoor
01-15-2007, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
What is so wrong in us not wanting democracy and wanting Shariah? .
Nothing, but like you say not here. I'd never live under shariah law.

It's a shame some muslims think this way. How can you live in a country and yet not abide by the laws? You can see why some non muslims would find it difficult to form relationships with muslims, because after seeing that, they're percieved to be on one agenda alone.

The whole world NEVER will be islamic, it's un thinkable. So just forget world dominance and join the human race regardless of religion, race, colour, gender. This is what Allah wants' All his creation living as one. Any one disagree?

SATalha
01-15-2007, 09:58 PM
You misunderstand my post I wouldnt want Shariah hear and while I am hear i will abide by the laws of the land. I have respect for british law, however i can see slowly that our religion is being picked apart hijab, free-speech, home-grown terror etc

AvarAllahNoor
01-15-2007, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
You misunderstand my post I wouldnt want Shariah here and while I am here i will abide by the laws of the land.
I didn't misunderstand brother, hence why I said ''Nothing, but like you say not here.''

The rest was just my opinion on the topic.
:D

SATalha
01-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Ok I take your point

Helena
01-16-2007, 02:29 PM
apprantely the person went undercover was indian......is this true?

Skillganon
01-16-2007, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
apprantely the person went undercover was indian......is this true?
It could be..., but I doubt anyone know's for sure, unless of course he has an indian accent.

FBI
01-16-2007, 02:37 PM

Islam is Islam, the truth will remain no matter how much, the apologist,devients,haters would love to see Qitaal removed it won't happen, Qitaal will remain till the day of judgment as recorded in sahih hadith.

One Man Army
01-16-2007, 02:39 PM
i think the scary thing is that this kind of stuff is getting preached to the youth. they are taking islam away from its essence.... religion of peace?

FBI
01-16-2007, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ultimate truth
i think the scary thing is that this kind of stuff is getting preached to the youth. they are taking islam away from its essence.... religion of peace?

Here is the response from one of the imams I agree with most of what was said last night. http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...79422472502457

One Man Army
01-16-2007, 03:24 PM
its been taken out of context, blah blah blah.... thats all this guy knows.
well what i seen last nite didnt show me a religion of peace. the justification dont seem rite. trying to change what hes said. if everything he;s said is being taken out of context, i sure hope when they preaching these messeges in the mosques, they are saying them in the correct contexts!

Skillganon
01-16-2007, 03:40 PM
its been taken out of context, blah blah blah.... thats all this guy knows.
well what i seen last nite didnt show me a religion of peace. the justification dont seem rite. trying to change what hes said. if everything he;s said is being taken out of context, i sure hope when they preaching these messeges in the mosques, they are saying them in the correct contexts!
Please reconsider before you keep opening you mouth with such rudeness. They showed you what they wanted you to see. #
We have discussed it before in the previouse post.
We are not here to force you, to what you do not wan't to believe, and that is you problem not us.

One Man Army
01-16-2007, 03:58 PM
i have not said muslims are trying to convert, i have said the material in the video. whether they have showed us selected parts does not make a difference, the fact is, the stuff has still been said. like i said, i hope the context has been described when saying this to the little kids in the mosque!

Skillganon
01-16-2007, 04:08 PM
i have not said muslims are trying to convert, i have said the material in the video. whether they have showed us selected parts does not make a difference, the fact is, the stuff has still been said. like i said, i hope the context has been described when saying this to the little kids in the mosque!
What do you wan't to discuss about Islam and and about those quote.
You can discuss it here, and we can clear it up.

First you can watch the Video brother FBI has provided aswell as above.

NobleMuslimUK
01-17-2007, 01:30 AM
Another attempt by the kuffar to take the views of a few imams and represent them to the narrow minded populous as a representation of all muslims. These sort of programs are designed to put a lid on and justify to a frightened and confused western society the atrocities caused by the western governments, towards the muslims.
I wonder how much they paid the undercover guy wearing the camera. Hidden cameras to people automatically indicate something not good, to add to the element of demonisation.
I watched this useless documentary which was a one sided and fully biased attempt by the zionist media to further inject poisoning against muslims.

Khattab
01-17-2007, 01:39 AM
I watched this yesterday, they edited it in a very sly way, and yes it is a fact most of the stuff was taken out of context for example it is the muslim belief that there will be a war between Jesus (pbuh) and the Anti Christ and most of the jews will follow the false Messiah, yet they show a small clip of what the talker says about this war to make out that he is talking about going out on the street and killing jews on this "jihad". This was the case with most of what was said, I expected to see some firm evidence but it was a very poor documentry, usually Channel 4 is of a higher quality. To people who are ignorant of the facts and who dont know what was being talked about in certain talks it will come across as "extremism" and "they want to take over". It also contained attacks on core muslim beliefs. Just more propaganda and brainwashing.

Umar001
01-17-2007, 01:41 AM
I find this an amazing thing.

The reason is that alot of non Muslims and Muslims do not understand the terminology Muslims use, thus when the Muslims are speaking in such ways it seems as if it might be a bad thing, whilst in reality the whole 'then we establish jihad' is not what some would think it is.

It is interesting the way they spoke about Bilal Philips and pre-pubescent girls, when that didnt even seem to be mentioned.

Anyhow, Muslims, believe me, whom Allah guides none can misguide, thats the only statement that brings me a smile on my face right now.

EDIT: But I do hope this will encourage some Muslim speakers not to make jokes that are silly like making oink oink noises and all that. Thats sad.

AvarAllahNoor
01-17-2007, 01:52 AM
I don't think a majority of muslims or mosques preach in this way. I have muslims friends, neve have i heard them talk in this manner. Surely if they were taught this, it would eventually make it's way into the open!

Umu 'Isa
01-17-2007, 08:33 AM
:salamext:
I just watched this on youtube. SubhanAllah it is shocking and very sad the way they made respectable scholars seem extreme and crazy imsad

la hawla wa la quwatta illah billah :cry:

They take snippets of all different lectures to make it seem bad. I know one of them by Sheikh Feiz, Signs of the hour.. he was talking about the dajjal and how it will say kaffir across his forehead and they made it seem like he was talking about the christians/jews etc! SubhanAllah :cry:

FBI
01-17-2007, 09:14 AM

Whats the name of the austrialian shiek, not shiek Khalid Yaseen the other one, the one who was talking about Jihad in the austrialian accent?

Umu 'Isa
01-17-2007, 09:15 AM
^^ His name is Sheikh Feiz

FBI
01-17-2007, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rahmah
^^ His name is Sheikh Feiz
thanks

abhisham
01-17-2007, 10:11 AM
AsSalamu alaykum

Can you quote where he said that, and in its context please?

Isaac
01-17-2007, 10:30 AM
They attacked a principle of Islaam. Jihaad. Not only the non-muslims attack this but some muslims alike. Can anyone tell me that what Sheikh Feiz said about Jihaad and putting the love of Jihaad into the heart of the young is wrong? Can anyone say it is against Islaam? Can anyone say it is deviant? So why let them attack what we muslims hold dear. Why do not other recognised muslim scholars or personalities who may not agree with all that was said, come out and defend that particular point. Seeing this point was attacked, why did not the Sufi Council Of Britain or Sheikh Hakim Murad, or the other Dr who had his face blurred (from Islam Channel) or Mr Nazir come out and defend Sheikh Feiz. Seeing that Sheekh Feiz was unable to defend him self or comment on the programme, why did any other muslim on there not defend him?

Is that what it has come to! Have we left it to Channle 4 to spread Islaam. Are we not suppose to be the carriers of the message. It would be great if the muslim organisations that come out once in a blue moon such as MPAC, MCB and SCB to come out and counter these arguments and controversy. Why not use al the media resources that that muslim community has here such as Islam Channel, MCB, Muslim Weekly and all the small media outlets and channels and put a programme or an insight into each and every point that was brought up.

Why not have a programme talking about Jihaad. Its root in Islam, historical facts and its place in todays climate. Why not have a programme on Islam and its view on homosexuality. Islam and its existance with other religions. Why leave it to undercover reports, to find and spread Islaam. Why not spread the message ourself, and spread it in its entirety rather than what we think would sound good and go down with society. We need to spread the message rather than leaving it to the predators of the media world, who in most cases have their own agenda and will only portray Islaam how they want. Why allow the non-muslims to hear our deen in a distorted and cherry-picked way, when we have a very good media Channel (Islaam Channel) and some influential muslims in the UK.

With all these organisations and muslim peers, is this the best we can do. Can we not put together a counter measure and ourside of the story and take it to Channel 4. Lets see if they would put it on air. Lets see if they would allow for Islaam to be portrayed in its true sense. Lets see how much room they have for eqaulity and integration.

May Allah protect and guide all those who have been misrepresnted due to this programme. And may Allah make this a lesson for us to learn from. Learn to unite rather than cause disunity, by not defending the honour of our brothers when they are ridiculed on national TV.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-17-2007, 03:34 PM
:salamext:

I never watched the programme, but I saw the advert. I thought it was funny how they qouted Sheikh Khalid Yasin. I have the lecture they qouted him from, and it was completely taken out of context. The programme just sounds like rubbish. And anyone who believes what was stated in their needs to discover the art of research.

seeker_of_ilm
01-17-2007, 10:59 PM

Yasir Qadhi has given a response to this programme, on Islam Channel. I have the Video on my PC, if anyone wants to watch it let me, know, and I'll upload it insha'Allah.

Khattab
01-17-2007, 11:20 PM
salam brother can you upload it on youtube

Umu 'Isa
01-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Abu Usaamah Responds To Channel 4's Distorted 'Dispatches' Documentary - http://www.salafimanhaj.com/article.php?article=14

mohammed farah
01-18-2007, 12:45 AM
when they quoted Sheikh Khalid Yasin out of context i was shocked he gives out lots of good letures, this what really gets me mad i watched the first 15 minutes of it on the internet and i couldnt watch anymore lies,im still fumin with the way they are trying to portray islam

Woodrow
01-18-2007, 12:59 AM
The title alone was enough to tell me it was not worth watching.

"Undercover Mosque" I don't believe I have ever seen a Mosque where anybody had to sneak in. If that was an "undercover Mosque" somebody did a poor job at hiding it for channel four to get in.

I can think of several words that would be appropriate to describe the validaty of Channel 4, but I'd have to ban myself if I post them.

mohammed farah
01-18-2007, 01:34 AM
A video response from Abu Usamah to the allegations made by Channel 4 Dispatches program on the 15th January. This so-called ‘undercover’ investigation merely panders to age-old anti-muslim prejudice by employing the time -honoured tradition of cherry picking statements and presenting them in the most inflammatory manner

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3&q=Dispatches

Malaikah
01-18-2007, 12:36 PM

Did anyone watch it?! It was on British tv... channel 4.

:offended:

Those reporters are the most amazing liars I've ever seem. :raging:

http://www.channel4.com/news/dispatc...le.jsp?id=1066

IbnAbdulHakim
01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
yea sis im sure its been discussed already but to be honest theres no point discussin it, it s jus lies and propaganda

lyesh
01-18-2007, 12:39 PM
:cry:
I watched it yesterday............... They R soooo cheap! They donno how they r gonna prove it! So they dig up lines of lectures!
We Muslims r never gonna change just coz of their stupid videos Insha Allah!
But, They'll change one day Insha Allah!

Malaikah
01-18-2007, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
yea sis im sure its been discussed already but to be honest theres no point discussin it, it s jus lies and propaganda

Was it? I did a search and didn't find anything.

Did you see how they talked about islamqa as if it the most evil website in the world? Man that part just confirmed that the whole program was a bunch of lies.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Was it? I did a search and didn't find anything.

Did you see how they talked about islamqa as if it the most evil website in the world? Man that part just confirmed that the whole program was a bunch of lies.
lol ye that was jokes, sry forgive me if i offend anyone but honestly these people that havent researched nothing and clearly dont have a desire to follow islam properly making such comments, i found it a complete joke!

Malaikah
01-18-2007, 02:01 PM
^What, the islamqa part? Well I was so annoyed at that but I know what you mean, it is kinda funny because she was talking about that website in a voice that made it seem so sinister and then when she said it linked to a fatwa site I was expecting something that was against the sunnah and then all I see is islamqa and I was just :lol: that anyone could talk about islamqa as if it was a deviant and sinister website. ;D But the stuff they quoted from it, mannn totally out of context, pathetic.:raging:

IbnAbdulHakim
01-18-2007, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
^What, the islamqa part? Well I was so annoyed at that but I know what you mean, it is kinda funny because she was talking about that website in a voice that made it seem so sinister and then when she said it linked to a fatwa site I was expecting something that was against the sunnah and then all I see is islamqa and I was just :lol: that anyone could talk about islamqa as if it was a deviant and sinister website. ;D But the stuff they quoted from it, mannn totally out of context, pathetic.:raging:

llol wat did they quote? i didnt watch it but ma friend did and we was literally discussin it like 30 minutes ago lol he saiid that he was in a bad mode and the jokes of that program cheered him up (his a frequent to islamqa) lol wat did dey say?

Umar001
01-18-2007, 02:21 PM
llol wat did they quote?
they showed Shaykh Munajjid's name, then they said in a funny remark 'prodding with the fist is encouraged' or something along those lines about hitting women.

Some people are so annoying they take something that you need to explain in hours and jus mention it in 2 seconds as to provoke hate and anger.

Alhamdulilah, insha'Allah more people will learn about Islaam as a result of this.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-18-2007, 02:30 PM
inshaAllaah :)

Malaikah
01-18-2007, 02:35 PM
llol wat did they quote? i didnt watch it but ma friend did and we was literally discussin it like 30 minutes ago lol he saiid that he was in a bad mode and the jokes of that program cheered him up (his a frequent to islamqa) lol wat did dey say?

Go to this website and watch the video "Sheikh encourages children to become martyrs"*, its only about 4 minutes long and it shows the islamqa part about half way through....

The way she said says "get religious rulings", man, the way she said it, she might as well have said "where they can buy bombs" or something. :rollseyes

And what about the other lady, she talks about how the saudi government funded teachers and schools and stuff as if it is the most disgusting crime and not a charitable act! Man, where do they get these people...:rollseyes

*Click "National Nine News" on the left hand side inshaallah and then click page 2 on the bottom...

IbnAbdulHakim
01-18-2007, 03:06 PM
^ LOL i kno i was crakin up about the saudi looool, seriously!!

seeker_of_ilm
01-18-2007, 06:05 PM

The Video showing Yasir Qadhis 15 minute talk about the Documentary can be downloaded here.

I tried uploading on Youtube, but the file was rejected due to a 10 minute maximum.

FBI
01-18-2007, 06:07 PM

Breaking news shiek faiz might be getting charged with hate crime?

Malaikah
01-19-2007, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
I tried uploading on Youtube, but the file was rejected due to a 10 minute maximum.

Jazakallah khayr. Maybe you can upload it on www.islamictube.net?

S_87
01-19-2007, 07:57 PM

skipped through the thing and what a load of lies!

seeker_of_ilm
01-19-2007, 09:52 PM

Jazakallah for that site, its cool. Turns out I don't need to upload it, someones already beaten me to it, although this one cuts a few minutes short.

Can be viewed HERE

Umar001
01-19-2007, 10:00 PM
as I said before, Alhamdulilah, I got to see Suhaib Hasan Allahu Akbar.

mohammed farah
01-19-2007, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Jazakallah for that site, its cool. Turns out I don't need to upload it, someones already beaten me to it, although this one cuts a few minutes short.

Can be viewed HERE

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.