PDA

View Full Version : Please Answer the Following and Discuss?



FBI
01-10-2007, 06:14 PM
:sl:

1.Have u ever been accussed of being a 'Radical' or an 'Extremist' by people close to you?

2.Do your parents see things diffrently from your point of view regarding the conflicts going on in the world?

3.Have u ever had to defend your beliefs from non-muslims and muslims alike?

4.Have u ever felt like an outcaste?

Feel free to discuss.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
01-10-2007, 06:19 PM
yes to all
Reply

iqbal_soofi
01-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by FBI
:sl:

1.Have u ever been accussed of being a 'Radical' or an 'Extremist' by people close to you?

2.Do your parents see things diffrently from your point of view regarding the conflicts going on in the world?

3.Have u ever had to defend your beliefs from non-muslims and muslims alike?

4.Have u ever felt like an outcaste?

Feel free to discuss.
1. No, because I listen patiently to others and modify my opionion and thinking in the light of facts and figures. I don't go after sentimental slogans.

2. Yes, sometimes there's a difference of views, but they encourage me to discuss the world issues from different angles. They're highly educated people.

3. My belief is that Allah has already given me enough. I never beg or pray from anybody(Muslim or no-Muslim). I don't like to get anything which is not my right but I never give-up what is my due right. Therefore nobody could ever prove me wrong.

4. I don't consider anyone as outcast or inferior to myself. Therefore I never feel like an outcast myself.
Reply

Kidman
01-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by FBI
:sl:

1.Have u ever been accussed of being a 'Radical' or an 'Extremist' by people close to you?

2.Do your parents see things diffrently from your point of view regarding the conflicts going on in the world?

3.Have u ever had to defend your beliefs from non-muslims and muslims alike?

4.Have u ever felt like an outcaste?

Feel free to discuss.
1. Yes, even my dad says i'm too religious
2. Not really, we are kinda on the same road when it comes to politics
3. Yup.. all the time, but it's fun and makes me have to know my stuff so i can be on point and maybe teach them about islam.
4. I wouldn't say that, i would use "Different" Its not that bad, except before i was muslim i used to really like to play poker and gamble, and i kinda miss that.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Fishman
01-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by FBI
:sl:

1.Have u ever been accussed of being a 'Radical' or an 'Extremist' by people close to you?

2.Do your parents see things diffrently from your point of view regarding the conflicts going on in the world?

3.Have u ever had to defend your beliefs from non-muslims and muslims alike?

4.Have u ever felt like an outcaste?

Feel free to discuss.
:sl:
1. No, except as a joke! People have said I am 'strict' though, mainly because I don't listen to music. Politically I'm a left-wing moderate Islamist, not one of the right-wing radical Islamists that we see on the news all the time.

2. Yes, they are non-Muslims.

3. Yes, mostly against teenagers who are too dumb or right-wing to respond with a sensible answer.

4. Yes, most of the time.
:w:
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-10-2007, 06:52 PM
1.Have u ever been accussed of being a 'Radical' or an 'Extremist' by people close to you?errrrrrrm.. yeah... but i tink it was a joke.. i hope so :rollseyes i aint extremist!

2.Do your parents see things diffrently from your point of view regarding the conflicts going on in the world? yeah

3.Have u ever had to defend your beliefs from non-muslims and muslims alike? yeah.
4.Have u ever felt like an outcaste? nope..
Reply

strider
01-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by FBI
:sl:

1.Have u ever been accussed of being a 'Radical' or an 'Extremist' by people close to you?

2.Do your parents see things diffrently from your point of view regarding the conflicts going on in the world?

3.Have u ever had to defend your beliefs from non-muslims and muslims alike?

4.Have u ever felt like an outcaste?

Feel free to discuss.
1- No.
2- Sometimes, but i'm not surprised. They didn't grow up in the same society and climate as i did, so it's expected of them to think slightly differently on some matters too.
3- Yes.
4- I would say yes, but it isn't something i'm sad about. I don't associate myself with drinks, drugs, homosexuality, clubbing and premarital sex as is the norm with my aquaitences.
Reply

------
01-10-2007, 07:27 PM
:sl:

YES to all questions.

:w:
Reply

aamirsaab
01-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by FBI
:
1.Have u ever been accussed of being a 'Radical' or an 'Extremist' by people close to you?
Nope. But my family members often refer to me as a weirdo/freak/nutter.

2.Do your parents see things diffrently from your point of view regarding the conflicts going on in the world?
They see more than I do, that's for sure. Though, I'm usually on the same page.

3.Have u ever had to defend your beliefs from non-muslims and muslims alike?
A few times online. Never in real life.

4.Have u ever felt like an outcaste?
A few years back, yes. Since college however, it's been a total change; I'm easily 3 times the person I was back then.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 04:52 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 04:21 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 02:22 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!