/* */

PDA

View Full Version : strange comparison, stranger thought?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-10-2007, 08:58 PM
:salamext:

video games/TV/music - when the game/program/tune is good you get hooked

gf/bf - if they buff/good personal u get hooked

video games/tv/music - you will ignore others when you get too into it

gf/bf - textin/callin/flirtin/chirpsin/vibin its gonna end in tears so you gonna be cryin, DONT GET INTO IT

video games/tv/music - you will forget your duties and spend all your time on the entertainment as if worshipping it

gf/bf - there is a story of a man dying in prostration to a gf (audhubillaah) (jazakAllaah khair to fi-sab the dude of dudes for tellin me the storY)

Both of these things are "ILLUSIONS", ya akhee, ya ukhtee, *gives a slap* ITS TIME TO WAKE UP ! stop wallowing in illusion....

PS: slaps only for akhees :hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
01-10-2007, 09:00 PM
fi-sab i dont kno how to do it but can you put on that al-takathur recitation wiv trans from ur userpage on here, it really makes u think, we gotta stop gettin into this dunya!!!!

axess1907
01-10-2007, 09:04 PM
I am playing an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game) most time at my spare time. Because of that i have problems with my family and school. You are right dude, this things are illusions. I could read the quaran instead of playing games. By the way: That game is about leveling up and becoming strong. So i cant understand why i am playing games like that. Is it because i am bored or because i wanted to get strong in a GAME?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-10-2007, 09:14 PM
i understand bro i was there once, its just a diversion. Nothing wrong with playing a bit a day but to the point where it causes problems, thats when you know you gotta hit the power button...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
12-10-2007, 01:57 PM

*BUMP

Good advice Mashaa Allaah...

crayon
12-10-2007, 02:04 PM
gf/bf - there is a story of a man dying in prostration to a gf (audhubillaah) (jazakAllaah khair to fi-sab the dude of dudes for tellin me the storY)
That's terrifying...:phew:

About diversions, I agree. That's one of the main reasons I joined this site, actually. I realized I'd been spending so much time online and on the computer. I'm an amateur photographer, so a lot of my time is spent on the computer editing and retouching photos. I felt guilty at all the time that was going to waste, so I decided to join an islamic forum, to make good use of my time inshallah.

Salam.

Pk_#2
12-10-2007, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

*Slaps the ukti's* On behalf of bro IbnAbdulHakim,

since we all need ta wake up this includes the sisters,

JazakAllah khair for the reminder, we all need reminders once in a while,

May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) forgive us and guide us. Ameen (say Ameen)

IbnAbdulHakim
12-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Ameen ! Wa iyyak

Assalamu Alaikum

Isambard
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM

gf/bf - textin/callin/flirtin/chirpsin/vibin its gonna end in tears so you gonna be cryin, DONT GET INTO IT

video games/tv/music - you will forget your duties and spend all your time on the entertainment as if worshipping it

Both of these things are "ILLUSIONS", ya akhee, ya ukhtee, *gives a slap* ITS TIME TO WAKE UP ! stop wallowing in illusion....

You're arguement also includes Books, friends, school. Should ppl "wake up" from these as well?

------
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM

Ameen...

------
12-10-2007, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard
You're arguement also includes Books, friends, school. Should ppl "wake up" from these as well?

Don't kill the thread mate.

Pk_#2
12-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Depends what books you read, who your friends are and what you get up to in school.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-10-2007, 03:20 PM
books - read whats beneficial, it can be fun too !

Friends - islaam encourages making pious friends who will encourage good deeds and refrain from idle talk.

School - Islaam promotes education.

Peace

aamirsaab
12-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Only to an extent where books, school and friends lead you away from or prevent learning of Islam. It's all about maintaing a balance in our actions as opposed to completely shunning things (though there are exceptions, I will not go into them since it's off-topic)

Isambard
12-10-2007, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Only to an extent where books, school and friends lead you away from or prevent learning of Islam. It's all about maintaing a balance in our actions as opposed to completely shunning things (though there are exceptions, I will not go into them since it's off-topic)
As I understand it, not all of what he mentioned will lead you away or prevent you from learning Islam. He is then addressing potential of leading away instead of things that definately will.

What I mentioned also has the potential. Why is music, sexual relationships and video games being singled out?:confused:

Pk_#2
12-10-2007, 03:31 PM
As I understand it, not all of what he mentioned will lead you away or prevent you from learning Islam. He is then addressing potential of leading away instead of things that definately will.

What I mentioned also has the potential. Why is music, sexual relationships and video games being singled out?:confused:
We all (Hmm) have brains we should use them we don't need a brother over an Internet forum making lists of what we should and shouldn't do, it's all in the Qur'an and sunnah, all he is doing is reminding us, which is good because we all need these reminders,

No offence to bro.

Isambard
12-10-2007, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
We all (Hmm) have brains we should use them we don't need a brother over an Internet forum making lists of what we should and shouldn't do, it's all in the Qur'an and sunnah, all he is doing is reminding us, which is good because we all need these reminders,

No offence to bro.
Where in the Qur'an or the Sunnah does it mention video games?

IbnAbdulHakim
12-10-2007, 03:39 PM

Allow me to explain how i had this "stranger thought". I was pondering over the harms of premarital relationships and then i decided to compare it to other forms of entertainment. Im sure many other things may fit into the categories mentioned but these struck me as most common.

To be honest, i never became truelly passionate about islam until i managed to give up music... that says something...

Anyway this was mainly for muslims so its understandable that its difficult for you (sir isambard) to understand.

No offence to bro.
Ok

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

Woodrow
12-10-2007, 04:03 PM
:w:
About once a day we all need to visit this site:

click

omar_2133
12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Those are actually relevant to your life, as books and school, and education for that part, determine how well you perform in later life, and the career you will obtain, and interaction with friends consitute an important side to your social character.

crayon
12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
It's not about video games specifically (although music is, and it is forbidden in islam), it's about wasting time which could be used productively for good. Playing video games isn't haram, but if you do it in excesses, so that you barely have time for the other things in life, then that's when it does become haram. Basically, even if something is halal, it should be taken in moderation.

truemuslim
12-12-2007, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
:w:
About once a day we all need to visit this site:

click
omg i was reading that normally then re read it right, and it scared the hell outta me

syilla
12-12-2007, 06:24 AM

akhee...please post up the story.

I don't think i've ever read it.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-12-2007, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

akhee...please post up the story.

I don't think i've ever read it.
Wa Alaikum Ussalaam Wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh

which story sis?!

Ibn Al Aqwa
12-12-2007, 10:30 AM
come on, please tell me your being sarcastic...

btw, nice thread bruv :thumbs_up

syilla
12-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Wa Alaikum Ussalaam Wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh

which story sis?!
the story the guy die while prostating towards his gf.

jazakallah khayr in advance

IbnAbdulHakim
12-12-2007, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
the story the guy die while prostating towards his gf.

jazakallah khayr in advance
i cant find it but its basically about a boy who found a girl he liked so much, and once they were to meet up after some time and she ended up delaying, he waited so long that when she finally came he was so happy that he bowed to her...

it might not be authentic, but it sends a good message.

Assalamu Alaikum

------
12-12-2007, 01:07 PM

Lol.... Video Games didn't exist in the times of the Prophet Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam ... :D

Re.TiReD
12-12-2007, 11:17 PM
:salamext: masha'Allah good thread..dont know what the argument was about...its crystal clear....

AssalamuAlaykum

truemuslim
12-12-2007, 11:25 PM
the arguement was about som dude who thnks video games existed in rasulallah's time..lol...

Isambard
12-12-2007, 11:57 PM
....I never claimed they existed. If you say they are haram and covered by Islamic law, then its your responsibility to show the appropiate verse.

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 12:01 AM
ok ok gosh. no one said video games were haram anyway, all he said was that some people play video games too much, that they forget to pray, or do anything worth there lives. and also like we said...There is no verse about video games in the quraan, not because they havent been invented that time (the quraan knows the future..duh..look at my thread about it) but because they R NOT HARAM... get it?

Isambard
12-13-2007, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
ok ok gosh. no one said video games were haram anyway, all he said was that some people play video games too much, that they forget to pray, or do anything worth there lives. and also like we said...There is no verse about video games in the quraan, not because they havent been invented that time (the quraan knows the future..duh..look at my thread about it) but because they R NOT HARAM... get it?
"video games/tv/music - you will ignore others when you get too into it"

You may want to read a little closer next time. He never suggested a possibility. He made a definitive claim.

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 12:10 AM

yep i read it...again..and no it never did say anything about it being haram, he just givin us a ..hmm.."wake up reminder", to not stay doing haram things (dating) or stay on the xbox too long...and if u want proof juss ask him (hope im not wrong :embarrass) ... and also yes i do ignore the rest when im playing xbox360, halo 3..lol...but music and tv...hmm...no.:okay::D

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 12:15 AM
woops did i say xbox?? i meant video games..lol

Isambard
12-13-2007, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
yep i read it...again..and no it never did say anything about it being haram, he just givin us a ..hmm.."wake up reminder", to not stay doing haram things (dating) or stay on the xbox too long...and if u want proof juss ask him (hope im not wrong :embarrass) ... and also yes i do ignore the rest when im playing xbox360, halo 3..lol...but music and tv...hmm...no.:okay::D
Well the reply you cited was a reply to this

"We all (Hmm) have brains we should use them we don't need a brother over an Internet forum making lists of what we should and shouldn't do, it's all in the Qur'an and sunnah, all he is doing is reminding us, which is good because we all need these reminders,

No offence to bro."

So Umma west said he's ony reminding of what is haram w/o addressing maybes of video games. Another definitive statement

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 12:19 AM
yes she is right... u are the one saying he actually said its haram.

glittery...mmmmm...

Isambard
12-13-2007, 04:28 AM
*Grinds teeth*

"We all (Hmm) have brains we should use them we don't need a brother over an Internet forum making lists of what we should and shouldn't do, it's all in the Qur'an and sunnah, all he is doing is reminding us, which is good because we all need these reminders,

No offence to bro."

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 04:37 AM
*Grinds teeth*

No offence to bro."

OMG HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE U PPL TO UNDERSTAND??

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.