/* */

PDA

View Full Version : HP Pavillion or Compaq Presario

*noor
01-10-2007, 09:10 PM
assalaamu alaikum

which of the two is better provided they have the same speed, processor, memory, hard drive etc.????

which is more reliable?
which is less likely to break?

if you have used these kinds of notebook pcs, please reply to this thread telling me about your experience.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
axess1907
01-10-2007, 09:12 PM
If both Systems can do the same things and if both have the same hardware.. then i would buy the CHEAPER one. So you can spend your money in other things too.

*noor
01-10-2007, 10:41 PM
*bump*

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-10-2007, 11:24 PM
:sl:

Id say neither. You would be better off with a Dell. From my experience with Dell, they've proven to be very good.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
huh but the question is just impossible... waht model are you talking about in specific?

some dells stink, and some compaqs stink, and some hp's smell real bad too... depends on model.

tc salams

*noor
01-11-2007, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Al Ansari
:sl:

Id say neither. You would be better off with a Dell. From my experience with Dell, they've proven to be very good.
assalaamu alaikum

thanks for your reply but there is no way that i will ever deal with dell again :raging: ....their laptop chargers need to be replaced at least twice a year!!:raging: and its not very affordable to keep buying adapters every couple of months, that's why im switching

here are the two that im looking at:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...=V3000Z_series

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...dv2000z_series

Woodrow
01-11-2007, 10:06 PM
I avoid the name brands altogether. The brand name has nothing to do with the performance. You want to check and see what the innards of the thing is like. You may be surpised to hear this but, the things that make the computer work are not made by the Company that assmbles and sells them.

the things you want to check are, CPU type and speed, HDD capacity, plus RPM speed of the HDD, RAM memory, and mother board as to what features are on it. Graphics, sound etc.

I do not like the name brands because most of them are now coming pre-loaded and the MB tagged by the Company, meaning that for future expansion you are limited to using OEM products from the Brand name.

Decide what features you want and then have it assembled by a generic company. There are many companies that sell all of the componants you will ever need and it you are afraid to assemble it yourself they will. Often for free if you buy all the componants from them. The price savings is enormous plus you have a PC you can customize and add on to with off the shelf stuff.

*noor
01-11-2007, 11:54 PM
jazakallah brother Woodrow for that

do you know any websites that might sell computers like that? and do you know if they come with warranties?

England
01-11-2007, 11:57 PM
I have an HP Pavillion. It works great, fast. The only time you'll have problems is when you don't have anti-virus/spyware.

Woodrow
01-12-2007, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
jazakallah brother Woodrow for that

do you know any websites that might sell computers like that? and do you know if they come with warranties?
I am a big fan of Tiger Direct. I have had much success with them. They do stand behind everything they sell and they do have extended warranties available. I even got a full 2 year replacement warranty on a re built digital camera I bought from them. I am certain there are many other companies as good as Tiger and maybe even some that are better. I'm just used to them and have been dealing with them almost from the day they opened for business.

Here is the link for their "Made to Order" laptops.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...sp?CatId=1321&

Symatex is the name for their assembly shop. So although you design it, they name it :)

Of course if you are very adventurous you can by all the componants and assemble it yourself for less than half of the assembled price.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!