/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help on my prayer issues

Hamba Allah
01-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Assalamualaikum,

I don't know where to start but let's start from the beginning. Earlier this year I went to tuition classes and most of the classes clash with maghrib prayer. As a result, I have to pray there, at my tution center. But there's this one guy, he is a muslim, he prays, but he likes to disturb me when I pray. Everytime I pray, he disturbs me. I don't know why he does it. Because of that, I can't pray whenever he's around and he's around most of the time so needless to say, I neglected my magrhib prayers.

But the problem is getting worse. I started to pray less, and less and less. Now I don't even pray at all. I blame him, but I know that's not the right thing to do.

My heart wants to pray, but my body feels so hard to do it. Before (when I used to pray), I said to myself "how can people not pray at all> It's not that hard". But now I'm going through it. Please, I am really confused right now. Please give me advices, how can I start praying again? I mean sometimes I pray and sometimes I don't. Why is this happening? I want to pray regularly again but I'm finding it so hard. Has anyone been in the situation that I am right now? Please help me...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
01-11-2007, 10:56 PM
:sl:
in which way is the brother disturbing you?

Al-Zaara
01-13-2007, 09:09 AM
:sl:

I do find this happening to me sometimes, astagfirullah. It's all whispers from the Shaytaan.

All praise is to Allah Almighty, as I am able to shake these thoughts of "not-praying" away by reading a bit of the Holy Qur'an every day, and I also read many beautiful duas to comfort my heart and strengthen my imaan. This all makes me think again of Jannah and of Allah(swt), which results to that I want to pray and I feel so relieved when I have done this.

You should begin to pray again brother, for your own sake. Are you truly a Muslim if you neglect prayers? Are you truly a believer, if the one thing which connects you to your Lord, you neglect?

Laziness is only a state of mind, you can find strong motivation in the Qur'an, duas, hadiths, the Prophet(salallahu alehyi wasalam)'s life or the beautiful articles you can find about different matters in Islam etc.

Prayers will connect you to Allah, and it will relief your mind from this dunya and its stress and sorrows. You will find comfort in calling at the Almighty.

Prayers are obligatory in Islam:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...urth+Major+Sin

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...urth+Major+Sin

How does this guy disturb you?

Tell him you love him for the sake of Allah(swt) and that Allah sees everything and that neither he or you would want to be accountable for having made his own brother in Islam, get disturbed in his prayers to the Almighty!

Insha'Allah after reading this you will go and read a bit of the Qur'an or some hadiths, or duas, and it will strengthen your imaan.

I understand what you are going through and you are in my duas, insha'Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.