/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cancer risk of 'fake' holy water

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-11-2007, 11:14 PM
:sl:

Bottled water that claims to come from Mecca has been found to contain high levels of cancer-causing chemicals.

People have been told not to buy Zam Zam water after tests showed three times the permitted level of arsenic.

The water is advertised as coming from the sacred well of Zam Zam in Mecca, which is the most holy city in Islam, and demand increases during Ramadan.

Westminster City Council said the water cannot legally be exported, so any on sale is unlikely to be authentic.

The tests, carried out by the London council last year during the Islamic festival of Ramadan, found Zam Zam also contained twice the legal level of nitrates, which can affect infants.

"If you do see Zam Zam water on sale anywhere please inform your local Environmental Health team," said a Westminster City Council spokesman.

He added: "This advice does not relate to the genuine Zam Zam water being brought into UK by returning pilgrims, as an accompanied or unaccompanied personal import."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/5405348.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-11-2007, 11:26 PM

Astaghfirullah, so people are selling fake Zam Zam for a quick buck? Don't we have a similar thread to this already?

:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-11-2007, 11:29 PM

Cound'nt find it :-\

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-11-2007, 11:30 PM
^^ lol ahh so it exists! im smart....:X
ok maybe not, jus for sayin that :hiding:
ok well thanx for sharing anywayyy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Goku
01-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Does the actual Zam Zam water contain that level of arsenic and nitrates?

If this is fake Zam zam, how did it get those chemicals?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-11-2007, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
Does the actual Zam Zam water contain that level of arsenic and nitrates?
No.

If this is fake Zam zam, how did it get those chemicals?
Depends where the people are getting it from. Its probably from an unsafe source.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-11-2007, 11:36 PM
^^oh wow thanx, u shot me down...

If the original Zam Zam contained any of that, then it wouldn't be special now would it :) I jus remembered, i think the other thread was about Zam Zam, but not about some being fake and causing Cancer.

Goku
01-11-2007, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Al Ansari
No.

Depends where the people are getting it from. Its probably from an unsafe source.
:thumbs_up

Jazak Allah Khair

format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
If the original Zam Zam contained any of that, then it wouldn't be special now would it
Maybe. The original Zam Zam is pure and free from chemicals.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-11-2007, 11:46 PM
^ yes it is.

Snowflake
01-13-2007, 04:15 PM
I got exactly that bottle Br. Ahmed al Ansari posted. Strangely enough everytime I thought I should drink some, something always stopped me. SubhanAllah now I know why.

Btw, do the council test all imported foodstuff etc...?

Fishman
01-13-2007, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
Maybe. The original Zam Zam is pure and free from chemicals.
There is no such thing as pure water except in high-tech scientific experiments, typically with subatomic particles. The real Zam Zam contains chemicals that benefit the drinker!

A little-known fact is that water gets it's taste from impurities, pure water would not taste of anything. So any water company that says it's water tastes so good because it's 'pure' is lying. Soap is another thing like this. Soap is a mixture of different substances, it can't possibly be pure.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.