/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what would you like to teach somebody that hated muslims?

AnonymousPoster
01-12-2007, 02:15 AM
i have a very young relative who experienced an awful tragedy, and who has profound grief and anger about this and since she is so young does not know how to express this grief.. she blaims muslims for her tragedy and hates them profoundly. i am helping her come to terms with what has happened, and i am trying to teach her how to grieve without anger... the pure way... but i think even after helping her in this way, which will take a very long time, her new formed prejudices will still exist except independent of her anger and i do not know how to address these.

my religion is not islam, her religion is not islam and i do not in any way wish to advocate islam as a way of life for her or convert her... this would be a grave sin... but i do wish to guide her back to the innocent and beautiful girl that she should be so that she can enjoy her young life free from hatred of any kind... what resources are available that could help me dispell some of her prejudices against muslims?

she has spent time on something called "Faith Freedom International" with very bad people who have brought her to this miserable place... i want to undo what they told her... if you cannot think of websites or other sources of information could you please tell me the things you would like to teach somebody who hates you for being a muslim... this would be extremely helpful to me...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
01-12-2007, 02:45 AM
If I could teach somebody that hated be because I was Muslim, I would first teach them that they have a perfect right to hate me if I have done something to harm them or their loved ones. They have a right to hate me for any actions I may have done that caused pain.

But, hate has to be to a specific person and not to a specific group of people.

I would also try to teach that young person that every Muslim on earth does not share the blames for my sins simply because I am Muslim. Any wrong doings on this earth I may do are my own doing and not the doings of how I choose to worship God(swt)

Just because my skin color is white, does not mean I am to blame for the prejudices some white people have shown towards people of other colors. Just because I have an Anglo-Saxon sounding name and live in the USA does not mean I am to blame for some of the atrocities my fellow countrymen have done to people in other lands.

So also, just because I am Muslim does not mean I am to blame for the atrocities some people who call themselves Muslim have done.

If I could teach that person I would love to teach the joy and tolerance that Islam really is. I would teach that person that Islam means to surrender to God(swt) and that a a Muslim is a person who has surrendered to serve God(swt). I would teach that person that as God(swt) loves all of his creation If I am to truly serve Him(swt) I must do all I can to protect and not harm that person, who is also one of God's(swt) creations.

I would do my best to show that person that Islam is truly a religion of peace and joy. I would do my best to teach that person that a Muslim has no place in his heart for injustice, bigotry or hate.

I would do my best to teach that person what I found in Islam after living over 65 years as a non-Muslim.

north_malaysian
01-12-2007, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I would first teach them that they have a perfect right to hate me if I have done something to harm them or their loved ones. They have a right to hate me for any actions I may have done that caused pain.
A very good answer!!! (I want to give you reps for this, but I've been asked to spread it to others first...:D )

Erundur
01-12-2007, 04:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
i have a very young relative who experienced an awful tragedy, and who has profound grief and anger about this and since she is so young does not know how to express this grief.. she blaims muslims for her tragedy and hates them profoundly. i am helping her come to terms with what has happened, and i am trying to teach her how to grieve without anger... the pure way... but i think even after helping her in this way, which will take a very long time, her new formed prejudices will still exist except independent of her anger and i do not know how to address these.

my religion is not islam, her religion is not islam and i do not in any way wish to advocate islam as a way of life for her or convert her... this would be a grave sin... but i do wish to guide her back to the innocent and beautiful girl that she should be so that she can enjoy her young life free from hatred of any kind... what resources are available that could help me dispell some of her prejudices against muslims?

she has spent time on something called "Faith Freedom International" with very bad people who have brought her to this miserable place... i want to undo what they told her... if you cannot think of websites or other sources of information could you please tell me the things you would like to teach somebody who hates you for being a muslim... this would be extremely helpful to me...

Its an anti-islamic website. :cry::-\

The owner of the site has been known as a liar whose pure intention is to spread hate.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
01-12-2007, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Erundur
Its an anti-islamic website. :cry::-\

The owner of the site has been known as a liar whose pure intention is to spread hate.
Correct and now the original poster is faced with the problem of trying to help his/her young relative overcome the poison that web site has fed to the child.

she has spent time on something called "Faith Freedom International" with very bad people who have brought her to this miserable place...

Erundur
01-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Correct and now the original poster is faced with the problem of trying to help his/her young relative overcome the poison that web site has fed to the child.

:salamext:

She might aswell start posting here and all the muslims and non-muslims who are interested can debunk some of the feelings she might have for Islam.
:sl:

Goku
01-12-2007, 05:19 AM
Peace AnonymousGender

Brother Woodrow gave a very good response.

Another way would be if she has a Muslim friend or aquantance who was very kind to her, so much so that she may start to think if she can bring herself to hate that person, then reconsider how most Muslims actually are.

I believe we discussed this before. You could also look through these sites:

http://path-to-peace.net/index800x600.html

and

http://mercyofallah.com

perhaps not necessarily show her those websites but equip yourself with knowledge to show her her misconceptions on Islam are untrue. Or is it just Muslims she tends to dislike rather than the Islamic Faith itself?

I hope it goes well for you and your relative.

FBI
01-12-2007, 08:20 AM

May I ask what excatly happened?

Erundur
01-12-2007, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

...she has spent time on something called "Faith Freedom International" with very bad people who have brought her to this miserable place...
Erundur
Its an anti-islamic website. The owner of the site has been known as a liar whose pure intention is to spread hate.

AHMED_GUREY
01-12-2007, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
A very good answer!!! (I want to give you reps for this, but I've been asked to spread it to others first...:D )
me 2 :D so i gave you and Erundur some and then finally Woodrow lol

skhalid
01-12-2007, 04:56 PM
One of the most important aspects I would concentrate on teaching...is that not all muare terrorists...you can terrorists from all religions and nationalities!!!!

AnonymousPoster
01-12-2007, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Erundur

She might aswell start posting here and all the muslims and non-muslims who are interested can debunk some of the feelings she might have for Islam.
thank you, i have considered this but i believe she is too young to spend time on internet webforums. she gives too much personal information out online, i am not allowing her to use any while she is living with us, on this ffi webforum she gave away enough information for any of them to find her which is not acceptable...

format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
her older and brother died in Iraq, she was very close to him

AnonymousPoster
01-12-2007, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
Peace AnonymousGender

Brother Woodrow gave a very good response.

Another way would be if she has a Muslim friend or aquantance who was very kind to her, so much so that she may start to think if she can bring herself to hate that person, then reconsider how most Muslims actually are.

I believe we discussed this before. You could also look through these sites:

http://path-to-peace.net/index800x600.html

and

http://mercyofallah.com

perhaps not necessarily show her those websites but equip yourself with knowledge to show her her misconceptions on Islam are untrue. Or is it just Muslims she tends to dislike rather than the Islamic Faith itself?

I hope it goes well for you and your relative.
hello, thank you, i think the focus of her anger is muslims, who she considers inherently evil because of islam... i hope this helps.

AnonymousPoster
01-12-2007, 05:39 PM
If I could teach somebody that hated be because I was Muslim, I would first teach them that they have a perfect right to hate me if I have done something to harm them or their loved ones. They have a right to hate me for any actions I may have done that caused pain.

But, hate has to be to a specific person and not to a specific group of people.

I would also try to teach that young person that every Muslim on earth does not share the blames for my sins simply because I am Muslim. Any wrong doings on this earth I may do are my own doing and not the doings of how I choose to worship God(swt)

Just because my skin color is white, does not mean I am to blame for the prejudices some white people have shown towards people of other colors. Just because I have an Anglo-Saxon sounding name and live in the USA does not mean I am to blame for some of the atrocities my fellow countrymen have done to people in other lands.

So also, just because I am Muslim does not mean I am to blame for the atrocities some people who call themselves Muslim have done.

If I could teach that person I would love to teach the joy and tolerance that Islam really is. I would teach that person that Islam means to surrender to God(swt) and that a a Muslim is a person who has surrendered to serve God(swt). I would teach that person that as God(swt) loves all of his creation If I am to truly serve Him(swt) I must do all I can to protect and not harm that person, who is also one of God's(swt) creations.

I would do my best to show that person that Islam is truly a religion of peace and joy. I would do my best to teach that person that a Muslim has no place in his heart for injustice, bigotry or hate.

I would do my best to teach that person what I found in Islam after living over 65 years as a non-Muslim.
thank you woodrow

Woodrow
01-12-2007, 06:03 PM

That is very sad. I can understand her anger and hate from that. It is so difficult to loose a loved one in a war. This war is even more difficult as there is no clear cut enemy and the enemy is being portrayed as an ideology.

The first thing she has to understand is her brother was a soldier. Soldiers go to war. Sadly in going to war soldiers come face to face with other young men who are also soldiers. Soldiers are not criminals. They are doing a job that is assigned to them. When a soldier does his job often death is the result.

She must learn that her brother was not murdered. He went to Iraq with the belief that what was doing was the right thing to do. His job was to kill Iraqis if the need arrived. He came across another person, who also had a job to do, that person also believed in what he was doing and his job is to try to get Americans out of Iraq.

War is sad and for the individual soldiers it is very difficult. The out come of war is you either kill or you get killed.

She needs to learn that her brother was not murdered by a Muslim. He was killed as the result of being in a war.

Nobody wants to kill and nobody wants to die. But, as long as we have people on earth we will have wars.

May her Brother find Justice from God(swt)

AnonymousPoster
01-13-2007, 01:39 AM
Was he soldier? If so, Woodrow made some good points. Some thing else she might like to consider, is how many people her brother killed himself. Though she might be too young for that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.